Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #761  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommarocksView Post
ok....heehehehehehe i'm so giddy...this is wayyyy too cool, but i'm going to have to wait cuz my dd is more into this and i really cant open anything....

the cartridges came with cricut rewards, or at least one of the carts did...do all the carts come with these?

i thought i was going to have to go to HL tomorrow for a spatula then rememered it came with one . but i may end up going anyways cuz carts are on sale and i didnt get a christmas one....lol......

what do you recommend i do first besides get familiar with the equipment?
Just start playing with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #762  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
YOu can only import a file that was created on Design Studio. You can create your own images and designs by welding images from the cartridges you have. I use the George cartridge a lot for this because it has all your basic shapes. Can you post a picture of the logo?
i can post one, but i think you've already answered my question cause the logo was an original, done in photoshop in (if i understand correctly)pdf layered form or something like that...hey i never claimed i understood this stuff....lol...anyways!!! i will ask dh when he has a minute to see if it can be done in design studio.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #763  
Stampin' Fool

thanks, sorry....laptop is going bonkers on me.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 03:47 AM   #764  
Stampin' Fool

i finally got to play some yesterday(night)....will play more when all "distractions" are in school....lol

question: chipboard. it dont cut all the way thru it. i went and got the deep cut blade, have the blade on six, the pressure on max(if i understood the lady in the video correctly...) and it cuts it, but it doesnt cut all the way through. what might i be doing wrong? does it cut all the way thru normally?

another question: the mat is super mondo sticky. i know it's supposed to be that way, but it curls the paper when i gently pull it off.

thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:16 AM   #765  
Crimping Master

you need to still use the multi cut function on the cricut to get through chip board. I thought that was why I spent the extra money on the deep cut blade to avoide that but nope!! and the mats are super sticky. If you are using paper, then I would either rub the mat on your jeans or stick your hands on it or flip on the carpet just a little to get some of the stick off..it is kind of a catch 22 because the sticky wears off rather quickly then you need to use spray adhesive to make it sticky again, but I agree it is way to sticky to begin with
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #766  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftsrlbView Post
you need to still use the multi cut function on the cricut to get through chip board. I thought that was why I spent the extra money on the deep cut blade to avoide that but nope!! and the mats are super sticky. If you are using paper, then I would either rub the mat on your jeans or stick your hands on it or flip on the carpet just a little to get some of the stick off..it is kind of a catch 22 because the sticky wears off rather quickly then you need to use spray adhesive to make it sticky again, but I agree it is way to sticky to begin with
you are awesome!!! it did it.......i was really starting to get frustrated cuz i read the instructions and couldnt find anything......but now i have to get one kiddo to school.....lol

thanks!!!!
the multifunction option was the key on this issue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #767  
Stampin' Fool

ok....back from running errands, getting kids glasses fixed.....

what is it about the multi function that helps with cutting into chipboard? it worked great....just curious is all...i plan on loading the design studio software today.....from what everyone else has said, the george basic shapes cart is a good one to have.....guess i will have to go get it.......sometime,lol.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #768  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by IluvcardsView Post
They're having a sale over at www.cricutmachine.com
If you buy certain cartridges for $60.00 you get the Design Studio or Jukebox FREE!!!! I just ordered one to get the Jukebox.
Cool - thanks so much! I had BD $ that I had been saving. I ordered 2 so I can get another Jukebox and the Design Studio. I've been wanting to try the DS but I wasn't sure I would like it. Getting it for free is great so if I don't like it at least I have a cartridge I like! WooHoo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #769  
Stampin' Fool

i'm bummed now. i was planning to go to HL and get the george basic cart, but design studio already came with it .......lol....well dang nab it....lol.......this is cool though!!!

is there a difference in the version that's on the software then the actual physical cartridge?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #770  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

i'm bummed now. i was planning to go to HL and get the george basic cart, but design studio already came with it .......lol....well dang nab it....lol.......this is cool though!!!

is there a difference in the version that's on the software then the actual physical cartridge?
Design Studio will show you all the cartridges; but in order to cut with them, you must have the physical cartridges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #771  
Matboard Maniac

Default Pretty disgusted

I've had my Expression for 2 weeks now and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of expensive paper I have wasted trying to get a clean cut from my Cricut. I need help. Is there a cheat sheet with cutting settings to use when cutting Bazzill or Papertrey Ink cardstock? Now matter what do my pieces are shredded or not cut completely through the page. I am also using Scal 2.0 so the multi cut option isn't an option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #772  
Pearl-ExPert

Just got my cricut today. I'm having a terrible time reading this post and pronouncing it correctly because my oh so grammatical self wants to say CRY cut instead of cricket!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #773  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
Just got my cricut today. I'm having a terrible time reading this post and pronouncing it correctly because my oh so grammatical self wants to say CRY cut instead of cricket!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #774  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaibauerView Post
I've had my Expression for 2 weeks now and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of expensive paper I have wasted trying to get a clean cut from my Cricut. I need help. Is there a cheat sheet with cutting settings to use when cutting Bazzill or Papertrey Ink cardstock? Now matter what do my pieces are shredded or not cut completely through the page. I am also using Scal 2.0 so the multi cut option isn't an option.

I use mostly SU cs and keep my setting on 6 and high pressure - usually does well.
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #775  
Total Quack

Font update for Design Studio ...

http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #776  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

What do you have the setting at? For SU and PTI I have mine at blade depth 6, speed high, and pressure max with NO problems. Also, make sure your blade is securely in place, making sure that the little screw is tight and that is doesn't move around. You should not need to use multi cut unless you are using chipboard. If you are still having problems call customer service. They are quick to please and fix problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #777  
Gabfest Goddess

Catarina,
i would also suggest you stop using your good paper until you get the machine set the way you want. Use scraps or copy paper, or paper sack or anything but good paper. Check out some you tube videos, there is a wealth of info there, I have learned a lot just watching the videos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #778  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

It sounds like you have a bad blade. Try using a new one. If it is a bad blade, I would let PC know, and they'll probably send you a replacement. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #779  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
It sounds like you have a bad blade. Try using a new one. If it is a bad blade, I would let PC know, and they'll probably send you a replacement. HTH.
Agreed - the blade that came with my machine did the same thing, once I got a new blade, it worked like a charm.

BTW - I went through my slabs of paper and picked out all the sheets I'd never use and instead of giving them away I use them for practice/test sheets so I don't feel bad if the cut is not what I was expecting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #780  
Rubber Obsessor

you can multicut with scal...just don't take out your mat...leave it be and click cut again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #781  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by chika87View Post
you can multicut with scal...just don't take out your mat...leave it be and click cut again.

There is a different problem is you need to use multicut with SU or PTI cardstock. Please check your settings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #782  
Rubber Obsessor

Default SCAL Firmware for Cricut Create

This may be off the current topic, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I�m a Mac user, and I REALLY want to start using SCAL on my brand-new Cricut Create! I downloaded the trial version to be sure it is what I want (it is!). I created a test project, and when I tried to cut, it told me I needed firmware 1.51. My Create had 1.50, so I tracked down a Windows computer, installed the trial version of Design Studio, and followed the instructions to update my firmware. But now I have 1.52, and SCAL won�t cut! Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #783  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

i'm am really new to the cricut(just got it a week or so ago....) but have learned that if you dont have the right pressure setting, that might be some of the reason it's not cutting all the way through. i am not sure about the paper you're using(bazzill).......i was having a really hard time cutting thru chipboard because it was getting all bunched up where it was cutting. someone told me on here i had to use the multi function thingie. i watched the cricut video(the intro one) on cricut.com and they said doing chipboard or anything thick, it's better to use the slow speed and with the deep cutting blade. so far so good. hope that helps or works for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #784  
Stampin' Fool

Well I am still loving my CE, I spent this weekend in my craft room. I have made 9 cards and 6 boxes/bags, I had so much fun and I did come out for food and bathroom breaks, and I actually cleaned house Saturday morning before I went into to play, and I took a break and made chocolate chip cookies, I needed my fix!!!! Friday here at work I watched several youtube videos and learned all kinds of tricks, so I really had fun. Hope everyone else is enjoying and learning about thier Cricut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #785  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
welcome to the madness!!! lol...

i finally get to really play tomorrow, a girlfriend of mine is coming over and bringing her cartridges so we can play!!! gonna be so much fun.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #786  
Stampin' Fool

ok, got to play today finally and was doing good until my friend and i realized there wasnt certain cartridges on the software(design studio). i called cricut and they said i had to uninstall and then go to cricut.com and reinstall the updated version of the design studio software. here's the problem. up to that point of reinstalling, i had to problems with cutting and such....now though, it will only do 2 or 3 cuts of whatever and then the program will "freeze" and i have to close the program and shut off the cricut machine itself. i've been trying to get someone from cricut on the phone, but not able to get through yet.......i will try again in the morning, but wondered if this has happened to anyone else?

thanks much!!

btw, my friend had winter woodland cart, omg...it's awesome!!!! it does a village and everything....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #787  
Glitter Guru

there is also an update for the cricut machine I think. under the help menu, select update cricut firmware.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #788  
Stampin' Fool

Cricut Machine Freezing?
If you've encountered any "freezing" or "hanging" while trying to cut, please try the following: 1) A simple power cycle should recover you completely (press the power off, wait a few seconds and press it back on). 2) This may be associated with "hot swapping" of cartridges, or switching out cartridges without turning the machine off first. While "hot swapping" will not hurt your Cricut, you may try powering off first before removing/inserting a new cartridge, then powering back on. This just cleans out the memory and starts fresh. Try this awhile and see if it makes any difference if you are encountering any periodic freezes.

i found above paragraph on cricut.com. it took me awhile to find it, not sure if it works though yet. will let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 AM   #789  
Glitter Guru

just a note for those that have design studio - if you create something using more than one cartridge, you have to "hot swap" the cartridges. I never turn my cricut off to swap cartridges and have rarely had a problem. I do know that it needs a break occasionally. I take mine to my scrapbook retreats and it is on almost the entire weekend. We have to shut it down for a little bit sometimes to give it a break. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #790  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use the Jukebox, you don't need to hot swap. You can fit 6 carts in a JB, and you can link up to 3 JBs to your Cricut.

Jukebox prices have really fallen, and many people who bought Gypsys are selling theirs, as well. Check eBay and the SCS BST board. Also try the Cricut.com discussion board.

Cricut's Product Reviews & Deals discussion board (their version of SCS's Buy/Sell/Trade):

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tt.aspx?forumid=15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #791  
Stampin' Fool

ok having a bad day in cricut land...lol....it turns out that the chip that's inside the machine that allows the software to talk to the machine is bad.....this only happened when i did the update like the people from cricut.com said to do....they're sending me a new machine. hopefully it will be ok....lol i was just getting all excited about the software and even had some projects ready to cut....then BAM! sighs.....they said it would take up to three business days, but considering it's thursday and prob wont be processed at all until tomorrow...dang it!!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #792  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
just a note for those that have design studio - if you create something using more than one cartridge, you have to "hot swap" the cartridges. I never turn my cricut off to swap cartridges and have rarely had a problem. I do know that it needs a break occasionally. I take mine to my scrapbook retreats and it is on almost the entire weekend. We have to shut it down for a little bit sometimes to give it a break. LOL

BUT ... when using the Design Studio the *software* tells you when to swap those carts out. Don't just do it on a whim or when you think it should be done. Wait for the program to tell you!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #793  
Stampin' Fool

new machine is almost here....they sent it via fedex!!! the tracking just isnt saying it's "out for delivery" yet.....lol.....i sure do hope this one works fine......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #794  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

new machine is almost here....they sent it via fedex!!! the tracking just isnt saying it's "out for delivery" yet.....lol.....i sure do hope this one works fine......
yeah, have fun, fun, fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #795  
Stampin' Fool

ok, this time it only took 50min, multiple trys at updating the firmware on the new machine(for some reason it kept on failing...)and uninstalling and re-installing the software and BAM!!! it works!!!! the thing that was different is that this new machine was saying(unlike the other one...) "usb active" when it was "communicating" software to machine. the other machine never said that and was saying "cartridge error" alot and "cartridge not found".....Dallas(that was the technician's name) said that sometimes when the machines are making the cricut's the soddering isnt done correctly and doesnt give it a good connection...me and machines, i dont understand that but ok, lol.......i'm the one that left her vcr blinking for a year because i couldnt figure out how to stop it!!(ok, stop laughing you all....lol, rofl)....i did a test cut just to make sure it worked.....hehehehehe, time to play...now the kiddies just need to go to bed!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #796  
Stampin' Fool

oh yeah, i called them to make sure before i opened it, but they said i could keep the new mat and the two cartridges that came with the new machine ....i just started giggling like a kid on christmas morning....lol......two more cartridges and they were ones i didnt have either....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #797  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

ok, this time it only took 50min, multiple trys at updating the firmware on the new machine(for some reason it kept on failing...)and uninstalling and re-installing the software and BAM!!! it works!!!! the thing that was different is that this new machine was saying(unlike the other one...) "usb active" when it was "communicating" software to machine. the other machine never said that and was saying "cartridge error" alot and "cartridge not found".....Dallas(that was the technician's name) said that sometimes when the machines are making the cricut's the soddering isnt done correctly and doesnt give it a good connection...me and machines, i dont understand that but ok, lol.......i'm the one that left her vcr blinking for a year because i couldnt figure out how to stop it!!(ok, stop laughing you all....lol, rofl)....i did a test cut just to make sure it worked.....hehehehehe, time to play...now the kiddies just need to go to bed!!!
LOL, you are cracking me up! I'm glad you were able to get this one to work. How fun! And my sister and mom don't set the VCR either because they couldn't figure out how. If I don't set it, it will blink for the rest of their life. What can I say? I love them! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #798  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

oh yeah, i called them to make sure before i opened it, but they said i could keep the new mat and the two cartridges that came with the new machine ....i just started giggling like a kid on christmas morning....lol......two more cartridges and they were ones i didnt have either....
YAY!!!!! So exciting!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #799  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
LOL, you are cracking me up! I'm glad you were able to get this one to work. How fun! And my sister and mom don't set the VCR either because they couldn't figure out how. If I don't set it, it will blink for the rest of their life. What can I say? I love them! LOL!!!
lol, i make you laugh? i fell asleep last night before i could even think of having some quite play time without kids....and today i've been running errands for dh, soooooo....i know exactly why people have so many wrecks in my area(houston area)....they drive like idiots. i had to drive on the freeway which i honestly really, really, really dont like doing(did i say i dont like driving on freeway??lol) i saw like three wrecks/stalled vehicles and it really wasnt a far drive....the one though was right smack in the middle of the six lane part.....ughhh, freeways.....lol.....

now time to eat lunch....lol

anyone done any projects????? i'm trying to come up with a fall like topper for treat bags for saturday...trying to stay away from bats and such...yes i know weird, but hey....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #800  
Stampin' Fool

What about pumpkins for the toppers, I made with the Cricut, I cut out the ovals and layered them, really cute pumpkin, I just cut the stem freehand out of gree cs.
Reply With Quote Likes