Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for SU demos!

Hi! I am new here although I have been looking at everyone's awesome work for a few weeks now. I just signed up with SU! to buy my products at a discount mainly. My question is this- How many people are actually making a reasonable income with SU! as demos?
It seems like a great company, and obviously I LOVE the products, but I was looking over the compensation plan, and I thought it was pretty weak.
I am a rep for another direct sales company, and it is not scrapbooking, but I am used to MUCH higer commissions and overrides on downlines.
I am considering making a go of it with SU! too to earn some extra money but I was wondering how many people actually make money after they have paid for all of the things they want/need. I just don't see how it is really possible with the pay plan unless I am missing something.
Don't get me wrong- I really do love the company and it seems like everything they do is quality and first rate- but I guess what I am asking is, "Is it worth my time away from my other company where I am defenitely making decent income to make a go at SU! or not?"
I would love any feedback anyone has on this!
I would especially love to here from SU! demos that do it seriously as a business to get some kind of idea what kind of money there is in SU! and how exactly you make that money!
Thank you so much! Sorry to write a book!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Smile

You'll probably get more responses if you ask this in the Demo only area. Congratulations by the way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Congratulations!

The demo side will have more details... but one thing you should know is that with any direct sales business the really money to be made is not with just personal sales; but recruiting, training and developing a successful team below you...and helping THEM sell and recruit. The top demos in SU have hundreds or THOUSANDS of demos in 5 levels below them helping to bring in income. The ladies who "quit their day jobs" have HUGE teams!

a thought that helps me in my business is a Zig Ziglar quote: You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.

Good luck and Welcome to SU!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

By all means be sure to sign up for the demonstrator side of this forum - the input is fantasic to help with your business. As for your question, I personally signed up first just to get the discount but it lead to me doing a workshop here and there and now it's grown into a business and YES, I'm actually making a nice little monthly income. It's all about getting what you put into it, as it is with any direct selling business. Good luck and have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 07:16 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to clucker

I signed up in 2003 for the discount and just to have fun. I have always done "okay," meaning I pay for my own stamps, but this last year I did awesome; I even earned the cruise. The key is really in recruiting, as with all other direct sales companies I know of. I believe in the product, keep up to date on new techniques (so my customers are always Wow'd) and love it! I have had ladies in my dowline who have done it for the money and just didn't sustain long. I do it for the stamps! :O)

Congratulations, by the way!

Interested in my life outside of stamping (is there such a thing?)? ~ Check out my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

If you aren't a demo, can you sign up for the Demo Side?

I have been a demo for 2 years and I love it. I do make money at it and I have only had a working downline for a short time. I have 5 in my downline right now that put orders in.

Like with anything, the more work you put into it, the more you will get out of it. I have 2-4 Stamper's groups, numerous classes and workshops every month. I have a Stampin' Up site that I update regularly and try to contact my customers regularly, but dislike calling them. I am working on that this week. I have downline meetings about every other month.

I have learned that as a demonstrator, you don't need every item in the cattie, but it does help to have a good assortment. I try to pace myself with my purchases, but it's hard. I want so much!

Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelwil
If you aren't a demo, can you sign up for the Demo Side?
Actually, you must be a verifiable SU! demonstrator for access to that forum here at SCS.

More info on signing up is here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2006, 06:18 AM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't discount the fact that your stamping/scrapping money is no longer coming out of the family budget. Before I was a demo, my hobby money came right out of the grocery bill and I always felt guilty about it. Plus I could never spend more than $20 at a time that way and there was stress with my husband.
Now, after a year with SU and really very minimal effort, I make enough to buy pretty much whatever I want for all of my various hobbies, within reason, of course. And that's even without a big downline (I have four but only one is business, the other three are hobbyists). I have my own credit card and checking account and hubby is totally happy, not to mention I have no daycare fees for my kids and I plan my own schedule.
If you are basing your decision on a two-income household, then no, I wouldn't quit your day job just yet, as it takes time to build a solid customer base and train a good downline. But yes, it definitely is a possibility. I LOVE that we can now earn 40% with the new Career Plan. And I'd personally rather sell for a company whose prices are not marked up astronomically high in order to pay for huge commissons. It's not all about money.
Welcome to the family and see you on the demo side!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I completely agree..... you get what you put into it!

This is my second year in the business and I actually make a considerable amount each month.... by that I mean I make about $500 on average a month doing what I love. It's also a fun thing for me so I occassionally marvel at making so much at playing with friends!!!

It's not anything I would quit my day job over at this point given it's not a HUGE income... but it's a great part time gig! And who knows, in a few years i could be full time if I wanted....

So i wouldn't necessarily quit your other job cold turkey but instead give yourself some time to get a customer base and figure out the ropes. Good luck!!

Tanya R.

Stampin'.... It's cheaper than therapy!!
Reply With Quote Likes