Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #5961  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

To Dianecraft:
Re: I am trying to come up with a new design this year though...just not sure what. A penguin would be cute but I am not too good with creating graphics from scratch.[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to a penguin design and if you look at the bottom of the page there is also a picture of a gingerbread man design.
HTH!
Reflections by Jennifer: March of the Penguins

Last edited by purplepatch; 08-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Edit
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #5962  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplepatchView Post
To Dianecraft:
Re: I am trying to come up with a new design this year though...just not sure what. A penguin would be cute but I am not too good with creating graphics from scratch.
Here's a link to a penguin design and if you look at the bottom of the page there is also a picture of a gingerbread man design.
HTH!
Reflections by Jennifer: March of the Penguins[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I have seen that one but don't have all the tools to make it. Also, I would like something printable for simplicity. I sell over 200 of these each year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #5963  
Pearl-ExPert

has anyone taken the color out of the snowman printable? I rarely use my printer and my color is 'gone' from making these last year. I can color in the nose and sponge the cheeks myself. Is it possible to get the color off of the download?

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #5964  
Rubber Obsessor

(I think a Facebook page would be a good way to get my stuff 'out there' so I think I'm gonig to give that a try. I have my personal Facebook page too.

I need to get more 'tech savy' to live in this day and age! --from mrussom)

I have a FB page as well and so far I've not had to do anything special. It is a good way to get your goods out there. I'm up to 30 likes and I haven't seen anything different about my page-Maybe I'm just missing something!! I don't know anything about the paypal option either but I do know paypal does have some fees attached so I usually recommend money orders or if I really know the person I will accept their checks ( pretty rare on that one!!)

Last edited by daisydilly; 08-31-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #5965  
Rubber Obsessor

Another question here--I know I saw someone post a tut for those giant paper clips but it seems it was not here. I'm thinking may be it was on someones blog but it would take me a year to go thru all the post so if any one knows anything could you please let me know. I suppose I could invent my own things but I want to see how they go together first. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #5966  
Die Cut Diva

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here is a tutorial using big paper clips.

Splitcoaststampers - Paper Clip Bookmark Project Tutorial by Beth Silaika
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #5967  
Pearl-ExPert

Good tutorial - I have used jumbo glue dots to hold my stuff to the paperclips, although SU doesn't make them any longer. This tutorial uses strong glue - which works too. Love the big paperclips!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #5968  
Kookie Creator

Default add a page to Facebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
'Different how" - I guess I meant if you had to pay for it or if it just operated under different rules than a 'normal' Facebook page. On a thread here, people who had facebook pages were asking people to like their page and once they got a certain number of lines (25 or so I thought) then they had more options on their site? But I didn't see what they were talking about for that.

I think a Facebook page would be a good way to get my stuff 'out there' so I think I'm gonig to give that a try. I have my personal Facebook page too.

I need to get more 'tech savy' to live in this day and age!

I did look at the paypal stuff before, they have some information on their site on setting things up and how it works, but I can't help you much there since I pretty much forgot what I read before.
Mary,
If you click on your name in the upper right corner of your Facebook page (not home) and scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a tab that says add a page. If you click on this it will let you add another page, which you can then rename to a "business" name. The nice thing about this is that a person can view your business page, but does not have to friend request you.
I have a page for my store, connected to my personal page. Whatever I post on my store page (My Paper Playground) is also posted to my personal page. two for one deal
I post to my business Facebook A LOT! It's been great for getting my name out there and my friends will "share" things I have posted which gets even more exposure for me.
Let me know if you need help. It's pretty easy once you get going.

Sharon

PS. You can also get a website from Vistaprint.com for as little as $4.99/month and it's totally customizable and easy to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #5969  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbiLuView Post
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here is a tutorial using big paper clips.

Splitcoaststampers - Paper Clip Bookmark Project Tutorial by Beth Silaika
Thanks for this-just what I was looking for. I tell ya I searched for this and not sure how I missed it. I went thru those tuts 3 times!!~! Maybe its time to give up crafting!!!:o NOT!! Again thanks for the help. I really just needed to see what they were held together with and how they went on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #5970  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisydillyView Post
Thanks for this-just what I was looking for. I tell ya I searched for this and not sure how I missed it. I went thru those tuts 3 times!!~! Maybe its time to give up crafting!!!:o NOT!! Again thanks for the help. I really just needed to see what they were held together with and how they went on.
I made a bunch of these bookmarks for craft shows a couple of years ago. I decided the E6000 adhesive had such a bad odor, and took too long to dry.

I used my trusty glue gun to put them together, and they held very well.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #5971  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2girlView Post
Mary,
If you click on your name in the upper right corner of your Facebook page (not home) and scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a tab that says add a page. If you click on this it will let you add another page, which you can then rename to a "business" name. The nice thing about this is that a person can view your business page, but does not have to friend request you.
I have a page for my store, connected to my personal page. Whatever I post on my store page (My Paper Playground) is also posted to my personal page. two for one deal
I post to my business Facebook A LOT! It's been great for getting my name out there and my friends will "share" things I have posted which gets even more exposure for me.

Sharon

PS. You can also get a website from Vistaprint.com for as little as $4.99/month and it's totally customizable and easy to use.

Thanks. I'm going to give this a try. I will ask for help if I need it - I'm not shy about that!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #5972  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With the paperclips, I normally use Glossy Accents, which I LOVE. However, I did notice on some I did recently that the glue was slightly showing thru on the backs. From memory I did use a pretty thin type of cardstock, so just a warning for you to consider this. The fronts are generally layered, so it's not a problem there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #5973  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Mary,

Sharon

Thanks Sharon,
I just set up my business page - Now I am going to set up my families craft page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #5974  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickkitView Post
Thanks Sharon,
I just set up my business page - Now I am going to set up my families craft page

Glad I could help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #5975  
Insane Embellisher

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dderbiniView Post
What do your Christmas Planners look like made from Composition books? Do you mind sharing? Thanks.
Sorry I dont have many pictures of these. But here's one I made last year:
My Creations - Gina Thornton: Holiday Planners

I did make some up this year, maybe I can get pictures today and post them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #5976  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativechicaView Post
I am going to be participating in a church craft fair in late Sept. I don't normally do many craft fairs. I am wondering what you ladies think would do well? I was planning on doing tags, cards, maybe some tiles? I am not sure what will sell, Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated.
I dont have much luck with cards, but I have sold a handful. Sets of cards do better for me. There are many ideas of items to sell on this thread as well as:
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion by cardsbynikki at Splitcoaststampers
I do well with mini notebooks, post it note holders, little gifts for coworkers, teachers etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #5977  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I made a bunch of these bookmarks for craft shows a couple of years ago. I decided the E6000 adhesive had such a bad odor, and took too long to dry.

I used my trusty glue gun to put them together, and they held very well.
I also use my glue gun with no problems. The E6000 glue and I just don't get along. I also like that when I use the glue gun once the glue is cool it is set, and I don't have to worry about things shifting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #5978  
Insane Embellisher

bump!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #5979  
Pearl-ExPert

I never thought to use the glue gun for the paperclip bookmarks. I used the big fat glue dots and those worked great, but SU doesn't make them any longer. I will try the glue gun this time (gotta dust that baby off!).

I did some mini comp books this weekend, but only crafted one of the days. I'm way behind on what I need to make so I need to really kick that in gear.

AND then my daughter called to tell me that she is getting married. FINALLY! Baby number 2 is due in March so why not!?!! But now I need to help plan a wedding on top of everything else. Probably getting married in January but she really hasn't figured out any of the details, other than she is getting married. Wants a very simple wedding, so it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off (yeah right!).

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #5980  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
I never thought to use the glue gun for the paperclip bookmarks. I used the big fat glue dots and those worked great, but SU doesn't make them any longer. I will try the glue gun this time (gotta dust that baby off!).

I did some mini comp books this weekend, but only crafted one of the days. I'm way behind on what I need to make so I need to really kick that in gear.

AND then my daughter called to tell me that she is getting married. FINALLY! Baby number 2 is due in March so why not!?!! But now I need to help plan a wedding on top of everything else. Probably getting married in January but she really hasn't figured out any of the details, other than she is getting married. Wants a very simple wedding, so it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off (yeah right!).
Congrats!!! And good luck with everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #5981  
Cardstock Collector

Great ideas on here!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #5982  
Insane Embellisher

bump...back to work tomorrow so I will have less time to play :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #5983  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default glue gun

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesignsView Post
I also use my glue gun with no problems. The E6000 glue and I just don't get along. I also like that when I use the glue gun once the glue is cool it is set, and I don't have to worry about things shifting.
I have been using my glue gun for more items this year.
I have always used it to close the chocolate bar snowman wrappers. I find it quicker. It is also good on items that require a secure hold, like the 2-4-6-8 bags. That way, you can put heavier things inside.

Just be careful when you use it to adhere metal. You are supposed to sand any metal first so the glue gun can adhere better. Otherwise, it can slip off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #5984  
Insane Embellisher

Bump....as expected, the first day of work....not much crafting got done. But I hope to get some done tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #5985  
Insane Embellisher

Bumping and getting back to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #5986  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Mary,

Sharon

Thanks so much for this info as I'd love to try the FB thing too. However, my concern is the privacy issue with my personal page. Can people visiting the business page access your personal page, such as posts & photos? Or is that only if you friend them first, if that is how you have your privacy set up? Do you know? Again, thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #5987  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie1031View Post
Thanks so much for this info as I'd love to try the FB thing too. However, my concern is the privacy issue with my personal page. Can people visiting the business page access your personal page, such as posts & photos? Or is that only if you friend them first, if that is how you have your privacy set up? Do you know? Again, thanks so much for your help!
Your business page is not accessable to your personal page, unless they are already your friend. If they are your friend, they will be able to see both pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #5988  
Insane Embellisher

Just added another event, at my school for Sept 20th! A small event, but we'll see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #5989  
Insane Embellisher

I just finished up a special order, and now...I can concentrate just on my events.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #5990  
Mad Swapper

I am finally starting to get some crafting done for the craft fairs that I am doing this year. The good news is that I am sharing a booth with two friends, so there's less pressure on me to produce a mass quantity of things. I just did some Halloween test tube treats today. I am also working on nugget tins, Frappuccino bottles, clothespin magnets and little baby food jars filled with homemade hair ties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #5991  
Insane Embellisher

Bumping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #5992  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
I am finally starting to get some crafting done for the craft fairs that I am doing this year. The good news is that I am sharing a booth with two friends, so there's less pressure on me to produce a mass quantity of things. I just did some Halloween test tube treats today. I am also working on nugget tins, Frappuccino bottles, clothespin magnets and little baby food jars filled with homemade hair ties.
Please share, I'd love to see these!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #5993  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I will post a picture as soon as I have one of the jars completed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #5994  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Here you go! I am going to try to make a tag to put on the jar, we'll see if I get to it.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_8167.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_8168.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_8170.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #5995  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Some test tube treats...
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_8171.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_8172.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_8175.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #5996  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Some test tube treats...
Adorable, Christal. What are they filled with? I love the bats on top, great idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #5997  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Adorable, Christal. What are they filled with? I love the bats on top, great idea.
Thank you. They are filled with orange NERDS. I bought them on clearance after Halloween last year at Target. They have them again this year. It's a big bag with individuallycolored boxes of orange and white. I am using the white ones for Christmas, maybe "Snowman Poop".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #5998  
Pearl-ExPert

Christel, your test tubes are so cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #5999  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by smritiView Post
Christel, your test tubes are so cute!
Thanks. I don't know how well the Halloween stuff will sell, but I am fine if they don't... that just means I have class treats for my kids!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #6000  
Inking Addict

For anyone who has a Sam's Club close and needs Hershey bars for the Laurie Furnell Snowmen, my sister found a great deal! They have a S'mores kit for $4.46 which contains 18 full size Hershey bars, 4 packs of graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows. This is a really good deal just for the candy bars (which work out to about $.25 each)!
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-dscn0648.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes