Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:02 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conditioning Just Rite Stamps

I saw the tutorial about conditioning the Just Rite stamps in order to get a better image. I don't have sanding blocks or a 7 way nail buffer that's listed in the supplies needed. My question(s): Can I make my own sanding block and if so, would I use fine grit paper? Although mentioned in the tutorial as needing the nail buffer, I don't see in the instructions where it was used. Have any of you conditioned your Just Rite stamps? I just got mine and am dying to get started. Please let me know your experiences/wisdom. Thank you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Question

Where is the tutorial? I would like to read it.

I do not know about Just Rite stamps but I use an emery board (the fingernail kind) on my clear stamps and GENTLY rub until the stamp looks "cloudy" or "dull". Then I clean off the stamps with a damp paper towel to get off the grit. This was suggested by a manufacturer in the UK. Once I do this, I have no problem with the ink beading up. I find I need to do this especially with the solid images.

It works for me.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Here is the tutorial

Conditioning JustRite Stamps

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

kitty14, thank you for responding. I've heard others use erasers on their stamps, etc, so I may try the emery board. I don't live near a craft store so it's really not convenient to try to go out and purchase something if I can find a substitute at home. I'll probably give it a try. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I hate my JustRite Stamps! I bought a bunch of them. 2 of the alphabets the tiny alpha too. I have the stamper and the wooden block. And some fancy rings. And I think it is ridicules to have to go thru so much work to try to get a product that I purchased with my hard earned money to work properly. I have not "condition my stamps" because the thought of going thru that procedure with each letter of the alphabet is pure torture.

I have contacted JustRite Stamps via e-mail they told me to go thru the procedure and when I told them that I was unhappy and I was not going to sand every letter of the alphabet they never responded to my e-mail.

One very unhappy customer here. Why should we as consumers "FIX" a product after we purchase it? It's not like I am asking that the product do something that it is not supposed to do!

Katie

By the way I usually do not make post like this. But I am tired of products that don't work. I probably have $65-75 wasted in this product.

And yes I have tried a foam pad underneath and 7 different kinds of ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate2kateView Post
I hate my JustRite Stamps! I bought a bunch of them. 2 of the alphabets the tiny alpha too. I have the stamper and the wooden block. And some fancy rings. And I think it is ridicules to have to go thru so much work to try to get a product that I purchased with my hard earned money to work properly. I have not "condition my stamps" because the thought of going thru that procedure with each letter of the alphabet is pure torture.

I have contacted JustRite Stamps via e-mail they told me to go thru the procedure and when I told them that I was unhappy and I was not going to sand every letter of the alphabet they never responded to my e-mail.

One very unhappy customer here. Why should we as consumers "FIX" a product after we purchase it? It's not like I am asking that the product do something that it is not supposed to do!

Katie

By the way I usually do not make post like this. But I am tired of products that don't work. I probably have $65-75 wasted in this product.

And yes I have tried a foam pad underneath and 7 different kinds of ink.
Do you use acrylic stamps? Every acrylic that I own, regardless of manufacturer, needs to be conditioned. The manufacturing process leaves a residue of the release agent on the stamp. If they didn't use the release agent, then the stamps wouldn't come out of the mold. I'm sorry you're so upset about the whole thing. But realistically, is it that different from other stamps?

I ♥ my JustRite Stamps. Perhaps you should sell yours in the BST forum so that you can recoup some of your "wasted" money. Then you can buy the type of stamps that you prefer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel the same way. A once over with a sanding block may not be so bad, but to have to do all that to get them to work is asking too much. I will not be purchasing these thanks to this knowledge.

I too have clear stamps, and I have not had to ever "buff" or "sand" them to get good images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I have many acrylic stamps. Papertrey Ink are my favorites and I have never had a problem.

Katie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like your Just Rite stamps. It's always disappointing to spend $ and not be happy. I really like them, and I didn't condition the individual stamps, I just ran the whole strip of stamps over a paper bag, such as you get from the grocery store. It worked fine for me. It only took seconds. I've had to do this with both rubber and acrylic stamps in the past. Maybe you'd be willing to give it one more try. If not, I'm sure you can sell them to someone else who would be happy to get a bargain.
Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

I am glad to see this thread. I just received my JR set and tried them out this weekend. I was soooo dissapointed in the images I was getting and was SURE it was me not using them properly because the images I see in the gallery look so nice and clear. I am not happy with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I love my Just Rite stamps! I haven't had to worry about conditioning any of them yet anyhow. Happy customer here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the Just Rite Stamps. I'm so glad it was stated how to condition them, because I thought it was just me and that's why I wasn't getting a crisp image. I'm going to try the paper bag ide first before doing anthing else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I haven't had an problems with my Just Rite stampers. I prefer the wooden block set up. I use Versafine ink. I find Versafine also works great with clear stamps.

In referance to clear stamps, most of the large US companies wash off the mold release in a part of the manufacturing process. I can not vouch for all manufacturers but most of the stamps that say made in the USA and are photopolymer should not need any additional seasoning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the paper bag idea, Eileen! Sounds easier than the emery board, etc. I have new JustRite items still waiting to be taken out of their wrappers...

I always go over my PaperTrey stamps with a pencil eraser before using the first time, and find it simple to prep them to work well.
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:00 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I emailed Just Rite last week about a product I was unhappy with and they couldn't have been nicer.

The customer service rep was wonderful, apologized for any inconvenience they caused, and sent me a replacement of my choice. I received the replacement within two days.

Sorry others have not had a good experience with them.
Reply With Quote Likes