Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree101Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 AM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

well, I don't know if I want to use it on my phone. It says there are charges to make a phone call etc and I don't want skype charges, when I am already paying for those services.

Morning~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #162
Stampin' Fool

Excited to start shopping!!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #163
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

It's Friday and hopefully it will be a beautiful weekend where you live.
What are your plans for the weekend?

Old 05-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #164
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rositagustafson72 View Post
I am a stay at home Mom, I quit my job 6 years ago as am Administrative Assistant at our Community Pool, to take care of one of my children who has Asperger's and now I can proudly say he is Graduating this Sunday!!! He will also start college in August) Woo Hoo. Now just got my 15 and 17 year old to go and all 6 will have got their GED or other.

Now for my new job, it is Quality Control for Skype. So far it works great and Sassy and I are making sure it is working properly every morning at coffee time, LOL.
Congrats on your son graduating! I know what an accomplishment that is. My 17 year old son has Aspergers and just finished his junior year - 1 more year to go! What classes will he take in college? I really want my son to go next year, but I'm afraid he'll lose motivation quickly.

My occupation? Currently I'm a substitute teacher. I am really hoping to get my own classroom next year, but the prospect is looking bleak. I'll continue to sub until I get a full time position. My dream classroom would be Kindergarten. I didn't go back to school till recently to get my credential. Since I didn't have a job yet, I went on for my Masters in Ed. I just graduated in October. What's funny is that I'm just now getting my career on track and my husband is talking about retiring in 7 years! Yikes.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #165
Matboard Maniac

Weekend plans- We'll be working around the house. We live in a 3 bedroom home. When we moved 2 years ago we seriously downsized. It was a good choice for us, by I really miss my craft room. (I now have a craft desk). Anyhoo - the biggest problem has been my 12 year old and my 15 year old sharing a room. They are driving me nuts! We have been in the process of adding on a 4th bedroom. Right now it's in the sheetrock stage with the second coat of taping. Only a couple more coats, then the texturizing. After the finish work (closet doors & trim) I get to play & paint the room! I love to paint. My son wants his room bright green & blue!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #166
Inking Addict

My plans? Well I have boxes to finish unpacking and possibly a craft room that needs to be painted before we put in the furniture. Oh, and get some blogging done, hopefully.

My Occupation? I work as a legal secretary. I have been a legal secretary for about 20 years and I have been working for 15 years with the Los Angeles Deptartment of Water and Power in Los Angeles, CA.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

good morning ladies....again the rains I wonder what happened to spring is it just going to summer over night? I can use a really warm days about now. Off to work then some relaxation and stamping.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #168
Die Cut Diva

Location: Originally from Hawaii, now Hamilton, MT. since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzmom View Post
Congrats on your son graduating! I know what an accomplishment that is. My 17 year old son has Aspergers and just finished his junior year - 1 more year to go! What classes will he take in college? I really want my son to go next year, but I'm afraid he'll lose motivation quickly.

My occupation? Currently I'm a substitute teacher. I am really hoping to get my own classroom next year, but the prospect is looking bleak. I'll continue to sub until I get a full time position. My dream classroom would be Kindergarten. I didn't go back to school till recently to get my credential. Since I didn't have a job yet, I went on for my Masters in Ed. I just graduated in October. What's funny is that I'm just now getting my career on track and my husband is talking about retiring in 7 years! Yikes.
Hi,
My son is gonna do his basics here at the community college which is just a part of the University here and then after he gets through that, the goal is for him to go to the tech school here and get a computer tech certificate. He has a wonderful team and will work with Vocational Rehab, which will him with any needs to get him through school. Than we have an IEP that will follow him to college and they also have a special needs counselor that will him throughout. We will see how that works out. It's worth a try. All we can do is see if he is capable and just go with it. I know sometimes he has troubles staying on task and has a lot of melt downs at times when he thinks he is not capable, the change of routine will be hard and socializing with new people will be hard. You know what it's like I am sure. So this will be a big challenge for him and I am just glad he is willing to try.

~Rosie Gustafson~
My Blog: Rosie's Sanity Corner
I'm On The DT For ABC Challenges
jlzmom likes this post.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #169
Bunny's SunnyChick

Send a message via MSN to stampin-sunnychick Send a message via Yahoo to stampin-sunnychick

Occupation: Asst Program Mgr for a Heat Exchange Company. We build radiators for cars, trucks, tractors, motorcycles...etc. Everyone loves me because I am the mtg scheduling queen!

This Weekend: Tonight, I am taking a Creative Canvas Class (fundraiser). These classes have become quite popular around here and seem to be fun for a ladies night out activity. Tomorrow, the guys and I have some things to do around the house. Time to catch up! But we are going to sneak off to eat at our favorite summertime car hop! They have the best shakes and burgers around! Sunday, we shall relax and do some visiting. I think. Not really sure yet.

Enjoy your Friday! I am off to find some lunch.
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Old 05-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #170
Kookie Creator

This weekend is very full of fun for me! First of all, my HUGE shipment from Stampin Up came yesterday, so I am going to probably spend this evening organizing my craft room a little bit (especially since it is raining tonight) which I can't wait for! Tomorrow I am starting a Couch to 5K running program with some friends from work which I am excited for this summer. We are going outlet shopping in the afternoon and out to dinner with friends in the evening. FINALLY, on Sunday I am going to a bridal shower for a friend. Whew, again!

Enjoy your weekends, ladies and happy almost June!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #171
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Coming from a Kindergarten teacher....it is SO MUCH FUN!!! I love it, but I did love subbing too because I got to go into a lot off different classrooms and meet a lot of different kids. Good luck!
jlzmom likes this post.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #172
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to onecowfarm

My sister and her husband are coming home for a weekend this weekend.. Cannot wait to see them...
Lianna I am so jelous of your stampin up shipment
Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #173
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rositagustafson72 View Post
Hi,
My son is gonna do his basics here at the community college which is just a part of the University here and then after he gets through that, the goal is for him to go to the tech school here and get a computer tech certificate. He has a wonderful team and will work with Vocational Rehab, which will him with any needs to get him through school. Than we have an IEP that will follow him to college and they also have a special needs counselor that will him throughout. We will see how that works out. It's worth a try. All we can do is see if he is capable and just go with it. I know sometimes he has troubles staying on task and has a lot of melt downs at times when he thinks he is not capable, the change of routine will be hard and socializing with new people will be hard. You know what it's like I am sure. So this will be a big challenge for him and I am just glad he is willing to try.
Wow! It sounds like there is a great program for him. I hope I can get him to a college that offers something similar. I didn't know that the IEP can last through college, I thought it was just high school. That's something I'm going to have to research. I hope everything works out well for you!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #174
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpinlight41 View Post
Coming from a Kindergarten teacher....it is SO MUCH FUN!!! I love it, but I did love subbing too because I got to go into a lot off different classrooms and meet a lot of different kids. Good luck!
Thanks!! I did the second half of my student teaching in Kinder. It didn't take long to figure out it is where I need to be. My advising teacher even said it was for me!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #175
Swap Moderator

More rain, rain, rain here today.
I have a dentist appointment today. UGH! Going to the dentist must be my biggest fear. My entire body shakes all the time in the chair. I clench my hands so tight they massage them when done so I can open them. Any excuse at all to cancel or hoping the dental office would call to reschedule is welcome.
UGH... I am scared of the dentist.

With that said... can you guess today's QOTD?

What is your biggest fear? What scares you so much you won't do it? What is so frightening to you that you wish it would go away?

Old 06-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #176
Hardware Hotshot

QOTD

Snakes, I won't go in a lake where there are snakes, if I see one I am done.

Dea
Old 06-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to fastmommie

My list of fears gets longer each year.

I happen to agree with you on the Dentist, blech! I do manage to go, but it isn't anything I enjoy. (((hugs)))!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to SBinGA

Hey Ladies!!!! Biggest fear???? Hmmm have to think about that one....I don't like going to the dentist....I don't like snakes, bugs, mice, rats, etc...
*Check out my Gallery!!! *My Blog *My Stampin Up Store *Member #42241 *Come join us in the PIF Threads: $5; $10; Big Wish; Recycle Wish
Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #179
Swap Moderator

Oh my word! Is that the SUN I see out my window?
Blue skies?
It is - FINALLY!!!

If you could add any craft item to your stash, tools, supplies and money was no consideration (or a 40% coupon), what would you buy?

Old 06-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #180
Kookie Creator

If I could add any craft item it would be a Silhouette electric cutting machine! I have a Slice electric die cut machine but the Silhouette is amazing! I was in Archiver's this weekend and they have one...it is incredible! Just about anything you could ever want to cut out, any size, just endless possibilities!

Great question, Joan! Hope you had a great, sunny day with your new puppy dog! My Fraggle sunned on the deck almost all day.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #181
Matboard Maniac

My biggest fear- spiders - I hate them! I was once hypnotized (by accident) at a show in Vegas. The hypnotist gave me a giant fly swatter and every time he touched his nose I would see a giant spider following him and I was supposed to get it with the swatter. I stood on my chair and cried. My husband thought it was halirous. I truly can still see a huge spider - like the ones from Harry Potter!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #182
Crimping Master

Quote:
My biggest fear- spiders - I hate them! I was once hypnotized (by accident) at a show in Vegas. The hypnotist gave me a giant fly swatter and every time he touched his nose I would see a giant spider following him and I was supposed to get it with the swatter. I stood on my chair and cried. My husband thought it was halirous. I truly can still see a huge spider - like the ones from Harry Potter!
Ooh, that's mean. You should have swatted both the hypnotist and your husband after that one!

I dislike snakes...and mice. Both just do me in!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #183
Crimping Master

If I could add anything it would be a cutting machine...Cricuit or Silhouette. Or any of another dozen items that are running thru my head
Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #184
Bunny's SunnyChick

Send a message via MSN to stampin-sunnychick Send a message via Yahoo to stampin-sunnychick

Another manic Monday! UGH...I would love to just skip this one... Last Monday at home SO spoiled me.

SO..just curious but who remembers that song? I know there's some 80's fans in here... and Bonus (no google cheating) who sang it? (Manic Monday)

ENJOY your day!
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #185
Forum Fanatic

If I could add anything to my craft room... I recently purchased an embroidery machine and I love it, but it was at the low end of the spectrum of machines. I would love one that does larger images but they run over $1000.00 and I mean way over!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #186
Swap Moderator

I know the answer!

Good Morning, Ladies!
How was your weekend?
I love Monday!

You walk into your favorite craft store.
What is the first aisle you head to for a look at first (be specific)?

Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #187
Stazon Splitcoast

morning ladies~

It is hard for me to find my "greatest" fear - fire? snakes, dentist, bugs, deep water......

I am singing - "it's another manic monday"..... LOL

I go straight to the Tim HOltz goodies
Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #188
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday everyone!!

QOTD: When I shop at HL, the first place I check out is the clearance aisle. I have found some amazing deals there.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #189
Crimping Master

Now it's stuck in my head! Cyndi Lauper?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #190
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to fastmommie

The Bangles - Manic Monday - Official Music Video - YouTube

it's the Bangles!

I was wrong, I thought it was the Go-Go's. lol
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

hehehe. Just watched it.

hmmm, I wonder what Tuesday will be?

The only thing I can think of - Terrible Tuesdays...... LOL
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #192
Bunny's SunnyChick

QOTD: Paper! I always run for the paper..so I can use my coupon! I am surprised my DH has not banned new paper pads from our house! I am a BAD girl! After paper...I browse.

LOL Ding, Ding, Ding Yep the Bangles... I used to sing that song all the time! I am such an 80's girl.

Tuesday...Hmm...maybe Joan can come up with something good?
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #193
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylovestostamp View Post
Now it's stuck in my head! Cyndi Lauper?
"stuck in my head"

That is definitely what I was going for! It was stuck in mine didn't want to be the only one.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #194
Die Cut Diva

Location: Originally from Hawaii, now Hamilton, MT. since 2000

Hmmmm..............
I head straight for for the spellbinders section to see if they have anything new that I could use my 40% coupon on.

~Rosie Gustafson~
My Blog: Rosie's Sanity Corner
I'm On The DT For ABC Challenges
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #195
Pearl-ExPert

my survey is posted on #122.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #196
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick View Post
"stuck in my head"

That is definitely what I was going for! It was stuck in mine didn't want to be the only one.
HAHA Thanks for sharing the love Tracy!
stampin-sunnychick likes this post.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #197
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to onecowfarm

QOTD
I like to go in order of the aisles...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #198
Kookie Creator

QOTD (yesterday...)
Paper! I love looking at the paper, touching the paper, matching paper, etc. I have WAY too much paper in my craft room!
onecowfarm likes this post.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #199
Hardware Hotshot

good morning everyone, I hope you are all having fun shopping.

Dea
Old 06-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #200
Hardware Hotshot

we dont have Hobby Lobby here, so sad, we have Michaels, and anything I ever want to puchase with a coupon is either excluded or is already on sale for 15% off. I usually head first to spellbinders but they are excluded most of the time, then I head to the punches to see if they have any that I don't already have and then I head to Tim Holtz section, most of what they have I already own or am not interested in. Our Michaels is so lame, they have five embossing folders, they have had the same five for three years.

Dea
Closed Thread