Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #2041
Gabfest Goddess

Susanne- Stephan is an electronics and photography is his hobby. I am glad that he helps me in these things. And with all things that come from China and smells we are very careful AND be glad that you are no longer working within this store !

Vickie- I also thing that your crop is today I know not what I should take. For sure I would miss something. But as Pat said: If you miss something another Lady can help out.

Pat- Glad you are feeling better today !!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #2042
Stazon Splitcoast

Wish I was going to a crop today instead of work...have fun, Vickie!

Pat, glad you are feeling better!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Doodle Pantry, From the Heart Stamps, Sketch Saturday, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #2043
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Susanne, Karma comes back to bite you in the butt. It couldn't have happened to better people. Do you feel vindicated? There loss is even bigger and you have a job where you will be appreciated. I'm thinking craziness must abound in that place.

Pat, I so hope you are better right now! That is too bad you had to go through it because that kind of sickness is tough anytime. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Vickie, hope you had fun at your crop.

I finally posted my Dec. card across the hall. I even finished Gus. Got my mojo back.
Well Linda I feel "vindicated" in the fact that it wasn't me loosing my marbles about how CRAZY that store runs...I kept telling Tom that--'these people are very strange and I don't fit in'...-we used to laugh that I'd fit in with a pack of squirrels if I needed to!!! It is to bad people are sad/suffering--that I don't jump for joy about--but there are missing links and it shows--no serious management to take the business seriously...or to take people seriously--yes, their loss...but life goes on and there are always new roads to take us to new and good places! Sermon of the day! haha

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #2044
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Oh, what if the job she just couldn't refuse is at the Michaels store you're going to??! That popped into my head as I was reading your post! Stranger things have happened!

I'm trying to get supplies etc., collected to take to the crop tomorrow. I always take way too much and it takes me several loads to get it all into the crop area and then when it's time to pack up and come home, same story...too many trips to the car to load up! BUT, the upside is getting to be with friends, snack on lots of yummies, and hopefully, get a few projects completed! What would make it better - if all of you could be there with us!

I need to upload from my camera a couple of cards I created so I can get them scheduled on my blog.

New season for Downton Abbey begins next Sunday!

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening!
Toooooooooo funny Vickie! YIKES! No the nasty lady went to a chocolate company--She's the one that had a job somewhere before... she would outline things on her desk of where they needed to be (AT ALL TIMES) and could tell if someone borrowed her stapler or pen--they warned me about her--we could not have been more 2 polar opposites of human beings on this planet--When I was in training (first 2 days) and if I made a mistake--she'd yell across the floor how I screwed up!!! But when I sold $100 plus in merchandise or did something perfect--there was no yelling--she wanted me out as fast as I came on board--weird people out there HUH? haha I laugh about it now--because its just not worth the fuss of a worry!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #2045
Glitter Guru

Tracie, thank you for the beautiful Christmas card that arrived today.

Pat, thank you for the beautiful, generous and completely gorgeous (and tasty) package that arrived today. I will post a picture and more detail tomorrow for all to admire.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #2046
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Had a great time at the crop; we do this everyone month and then every 3 months we have an overnighter! I did get a few projects completed for MFP DT new release.

I'm looking forward to the next round!

Jenni's birthday was yesterday, so from now until January 10 she and her sister (my Texas DD) are the same age! I've probably mentioned before that they were born in
the same year, one in January and one in December! LOL

I'm getting sleepy, very sleepy, so think I should shut down and go nighty-night!

Hope everyone had a marvelous Monday and wishing you all a terrific Tuesday!
MommaPatti likes this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #2047
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Birthday IMKE!!!

so, is it true that this is the last of your thirties...that next year you will be the big 4-0? Enjoy your special day, and the whole year ahead! Happy, happy day to you, dear friend!!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #2048
Gabfest Goddess

Posting from work....finally have internet back up and running at home, just haven't been able to get on the computer much (not that I have time here at work either...I'm the charge nurse tonight AND I have a patient assignment! We are busy, busy, busy!!) Anyway, the new computer has been working okay (except I can't upload any photos ANYWHERE...not here on Splitcoast, not on my usual Shutterfly site, not on any site where you upload from your computer. Can't figure out what the deal is with my new computer and why it won't upload. And I'm no techie, so I don't think I'll have any answers anytime soon ).

But I had to stop in tonight so I could wish our Imke a happy birthday!

Will try to stop in soon, but making no promises...working 6 of the next 7 nights!

Hope everyone is healthy, happy and has a wonderful night bringing in 2014!!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #2049
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Had a great time at the crop; we do this everyone month and then every 3 months we have an overnighter! I did get a few projects completed for MFP DT new release.

I'm looking forward to the next round!

Jenni's birthday was yesterday, so from now until January 10 she and her sister (my Texas DD) are the same age! I've probably mentioned before that they were born in
the same year, one in January and one in December! LOL

I'm getting sleepy, very sleepy, so think I should shut down and go nighty-night!

Hope everyone had a marvelous Monday and wishing you all a terrific Tuesday!
So, Vickie, you had Irish twins??
Vickie Y likes this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #2050
Gabfest Goddess

Patti- Thanks for your lovely wishes. Yes, yourīre right. Next year big 40 but I do not mind. The other day a friend said : "How old you'll be ? Now that you're 36, right ? " !! So, i think everything is still OK I'm as old as I feel. And after that I live- not after a number !
Ughh, so many shifts - I pray for quiet nights. Hang in there !!

Vickie- Great that you had a great time. Itīs nice to have some "real" crafting friends.

Tracie- Your lovely birthday card arrived today. Bingo - just in time THANKS !!

Heather- Have fun with your package !!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #2051
Gabfest Goddess

Wanna some cake ? Iīve baked .....

a Cheese cake with meringue, a Mocha Cake and german donuts with raspberry filling .
Attached Thumbnails
torte2.jpg   torte.jpg   torte1.jpg  
Vickie Y, Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:06 AM   #2052
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Imke -- those baked goods look delicious! Is one a birthday cake? Have a wonderful birthday!!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #2053
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday Imke!!!!

Hope your day is as wonderful as you are! Did you do all of your own birthday baking? Looks amazing!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #2054
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Yum Imke - Those cakes look yummy. Happy Birthday.

Vickie - Glad you had a good time at your crop. Always fun to get things accomplished. Can't wait to see your new projects.

Anyone making New Years Resolutions?

Design Team for Two Paper Divas
Old 12-31-2013, 06:06 AM   #2055
Forum Fanatic

Happy Birthday Imke! 3x Hoch!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #2056
Forum Fanatic

Scrabble, Chinese Food, some wine....resolutions....(save money) hahaha!

Happy New Year Ladies! {{{{{hugs}}}} 14" of snow coming my way!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:08 AM   #2057
Forum Fanatic

Patti...Kala and Shane are "almost" Irish Twins--I was 3 mos preggo on K's 1st birthday which is tomorrow! My girl is going to be 23 years old tomorrow!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #2058
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Vickie, my best friends are 11 mos apart. It's so funny, people always assume they are twins.

Finn and Lilah are 13 months apart. On his first birthday I was hugely pregnant. The photos were funny! People always think they are twins or they think Lilah is older. I really wish she was the one starting Kindergarten next year, she is much more prepared than Finn is.

Have no idea what we are doing tonight, nothing special though. Maybe fondue.

Stay warm with all that snow Susanne, we might get some Thurs. or Friday. I was dropping Cal off for a playdate yesterday and the father was laughing, because Thursday is the first day back after Christmas break and snow is in the forecast!

Hang in there Patti, being understaffed stinks. You are making such a difference for all of those little babies!

The crop sounds fun Vickie. And sounds like you got a lot done.

Pat, hope you are on the mend, being sick is no fun!

Congrats on the job at Mike's Susanne! You will be great! LOL, it sure sounds like the other store is a mess. Probably better to work somewhere drama free.

Got to check out Goodreads for a new pick. I get lots of updates from Linda and seem to like the same books she reads, so I'll probably pick on of her recent reads.

Hope everyone has a happy New Year's Eve tonight! Be safe and have fun!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #2059
Stazon Splitcoast

Yikes, 14" of snow?? Guess you will be staying in tonight, Susanne?

We are definitely staying in, even without snow in the forecast. I did pick up some champagne and sparkling cider, but this crew will be lucky to make it until the ball drops -- we are definitely not night owls!

I thought having three kiddos under five was a bit insane for me; I can't imagine having two within +/- a year! Bravo to you brave and energetic gals!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #2060
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IMKE!!! Those deserts look awesome! Did you make all them? You must be a fabulous cook. Hope your day was wonderful.

I had to laugh at what you said Kathy. I go to extremes when reading, mystery, thriller and romance. I just finished a series by Emily March, about 7 books I think and they were a light fun romance series. They were not deep books but a good read. Right now I am reading Nora Roberts old triology about witches I think. Morrigans Cross is the first in the triology.

Denise is having a really rough time of it again, falling all the time, well about 5-6 times. Does that mean her MS is escalating? Asking you nurses. I know she is a nurse to but sometimes I don't like to ask her questions especially when she is having a rough time of it. I guess she is also having some dizzy spells, her Dr. said no driving and that will hurt with Gregg's condition, plus loosing her freedom to get away or shop alone.

I have no resolutions! I never keep them so why make them. I really need to lose weight but seem to have used up all my will power 20 yrs ago when I quit smoking.

I also wish I had some real stamping friends. It would be so much fun to stamp with others and play with papers etc.

Scott and Steve were 11 mo. apart. From Nov. 8 to Dec. 7 each year they are the same age. Denise is 5 yrs. younger than Scott and Sherrill is 9 yrs. younger. Sherrill was just 4 when their Daddy died and the older kids were a big help because I had to go to work.

Guess I had better get busy and get something done about an evening meal. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and stay safe everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #2061
Gabfest Goddess

You got it THANKS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Happy Birthday Imke! 3x Hoch!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #2062
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for all your lovely birthday wishes !!

Yes, the cheese cake and the mocha cake iīve baked. The donuts are frozen goods - but bought myself . I like to bake, but rare. For Stephan and me alone, it's not worth it. But we both love to cook. Tonight for dinner we had grilled entrecote with salad and garlic bread. For desert a selfmade Mousse au Chocolat. Was tasty but very powerful. Very much chocolate !!

I donīt make any new year resolutions. My experience told me - it donīt works I have to loose weight- but I also know without a new year begins.

Linda- I'm sorry to hear that about Denise. Its really a hard time for the hole family. I hope she is feeling better soon and Gregg also. There's got to go up again. Have her in my thoughts.

Jessica- I feel like you. In an hour itīs midnight here and the new year starts. Iīm very tired and would like to sleep. But i think i will make this last hour Is that the age **lol***?

Susanne- WOW, thatīs a lot of snow !!! That means tomorrow: shoveling snow. Good thing the boys are on a visit in the house***wink***wink*** .
I'm so glad this is no snow in sight. It is still relatively warm. Let's see when it changes.

Kathy- Fondue sounds great. Itīs cozy. We have always made ​​it at Christmas. Since my grandpa is no longer top health (Parkinson and Dement), we no longer make it. Too dangerous.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #2063
Forum Fanatic

Imke...snow starts tomorrow night(I am OFF a day here)....I must have asked Tom if today was THURSDAY 3 times today!!! DUH!

Wednesday night into Friday they are saying we are going to get "clobbered" with snow! We still have about 3" crunchy snow on the lawn...the snowplow guy will do the driveway and Tom usually does the walk way's...(yeah right--2 strong boys in this house and ask them to carry up the clean laundry or shovel--it would take forever! (spoiled brats!!!)

Old 12-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #2064
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
You got it THANKS !!
Good thing I didn't call you a "hoochie mama" hahahahahahahah! (laughing here) Hope your day was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #2065
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Vickie, my best friends are 11 mos apart. It's so funny, people always assume they are twins.

Finn and Lilah are 13 months apart. On his first birthday I was hugely pregnant. The photos were funny! People always think they are twins or they think Lilah is older. I really wish she was the one starting Kindergarten next year, she is much more prepared than Finn is.

Have no idea what we are doing tonight, nothing special though. Maybe fondue.

Stay warm with all that snow Susanne, we might get some Thurs. or Friday. I was dropping Cal off for a playdate yesterday and the father was laughing, because Thursday is the first day back after Christmas break and snow is in the forecast!

Hang in there Patti, being understaffed stinks. You are making such a difference for all of those little babies!

The crop sounds fun Vickie. And sounds like you got a lot done.

Pat, hope you are on the mend, being sick is no fun!

Congrats on the job at Mike's Susanne! You will be great! LOL, it sure sounds like the other store is a mess. Probably better to work somewhere drama free.

Got to check out Goodreads for a new pick. I get lots of updates from Linda and seem to like the same books she reads, so I'll probably pick on of her recent reads.

Hope everyone has a happy New Year's Eve tonight! Be safe and have fun!
Kathy--Shane started Kindergarten after only 1 year of pre-school...he wasn't ready--he stayed all year (even after 3 days sayin' to us--"I am done with this school stuff--it's tiring!"...) But repeated and what a difference the second year--plus he had the chance at a NEW Kindergarten teacher which he did very well with! So, if you have the slightest indication that Finn might not be ready--it made a world of difference through Shane's entire school career to be held back that one lil' K year! Whereas Kala was ready to teach the class when she got there!

Old 12-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #2066
Stazon Splitcoast

More sad news to share:

Debi says hospice has asked David to call in the family and Tina is on her way South again to be with her Mother. This is so sad, just makes me cry. Lena was always so full of life and joy. Thought you would all want to say a prayer for her and her family.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #2067
Stazon Splitcoast

So sad, Linda, but thanks for keeping us updated. Lena is one of my first friends I made here on SCS and she made every swap she was in a truly fun time.
Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #2068
Glitter Guru

Imke, I'm not sure I said happy birthday....so Happy Birthday!!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #2069
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
More sad news to share:

Debi says hospice has asked David to call in the family and Tina is on her way South again to be with her Mother. This is so sad, just makes me cry. Lena was always so full of life and joy. Thought you would all want to say a prayer for her and her family.
This is sad news Linda...thanks for keeping us posted....Do we all have Tina's addy?

Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #2070

Quote:
More sad news to share:

So sad to hear this news; definitely saying a prayer for Lena and family.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #2071

Imke, Happy belated Birthday!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #2072
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you for posting that Linda. It breaks my heart to read it, Lena is such a wonderful lady, so kind and funny and upbeat. I'm really glad Tina is on her way to be with her. Will continuing praying for her and her whole family.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #2073
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Imke, sounds like a delicious birthday dinner. Glad you enjoyed it.

Susanne, he should have started K this year, his birthday made the cutoff by one week, but we didn't want him to start yet, he clearly wasn't ready. Hoping by the end of this year he will be. Lilah will be a year behind him in school. I've been working with him on letters and numbers. But, maybe it's girls, because like your Kala, Lilah will probably be ready to run the class, lol!

Our neighbor has a young-ish son (early 20s) and she is the one who always shovels. I asked her where he was one day and she said watching TV on the sofa. I told the boys when they are big enough, they will have to help me shovel, we'll see how that goes, lol!

Hey check this out when you get a chance, good news for Angela!
Catch The Bug Challenge Blog: Welcome to our New Designers

Hope you all start your 2014 on a good note. Don't they say whatever way you start the year will be the way you finish it?
Old 01-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #2074
Gabfest Goddess

Linda- Thanks for posting about Lena. She is such a nice person and i know her also for a long time here on SCS. Itīs very sad but iīm glad that Tina is on her way to stay on her side. I really hope she has no pain and can walk her last journey in peace. Have her and her hole family in my thoughts.

Heather/Vicky- Thank you both for your b-day wishes
Old 01-01-2014, 05:57 AM   #2075
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I am so sad to hear about Lena. I will say prayers for the entire family.

Congrats to Angela on her new Design Team work.

Working on cutting out supplies for my class next Friday today while DH watches football.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #2076
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Tracie, thank you for the beautiful Christmas card that arrived today.

Pat, thank you for the beautiful, generous and completely gorgeous (and tasty) package that arrived today. I will post a picture and more detail tomorrow for all to admire.
Heather so happy you like it and glad it finally got there!!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:49 AM   #2077
Hardware Hotshot

Congrats Angela!! Bugaboo is the first digi's I used and still love her stamps.

Sorry to hear about Lena...prayers for her and her family.

Guess how I'm starting the New Year...a New Years Day crop at my favorite shop. Its 12:30 til 7:30 to allow all the party people to sleep in!! Also a friend sent me a sale email first thing this morning and I was able to get some A Ladies Diary Graphic 45 papers that I've been trying to get for a while. For some reason they discontinued this line within a year of releasing so I was thrilled to find what I wanted at 50% off.

Happy New Year's Day everyone!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #2078
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Have fun Pat. What a great day to bring in the new year.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #2079
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Belated Birthday, Imke!!!

Hope your day was as wonderful as you are!

The treats you made look scrumptious!

I design for: Bugaboo, Doodle Pantry, From the Heart Stamps, Sketch Saturday, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #2080
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New Year, friends!!!

Closed Thread