Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #1761
Glitter Guru

Almost forgot I wanted to post a couple of Christmas pics of Claire. This is us at my work Children's Christmas party last weekend. Claire was pretty excited about the Minnie Mouse doll Santa gave her.
Attached Thumbnails
028.jpg   071.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #1762
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Almost forgot I wanted to post a couple of Christmas pics of Claire. This is us at my work Children's Christmas party last weekend. Claire was pretty excited about the Minnie Mouse doll Santa gave her.
ADORABLE!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #1763
Forum Fanatic

Angela---you should have my stash of goodies really soon (er' at least the PO guy said so!) Enjoy..even though I forgot the chocolate part!!! ooops!

I still owe Patti her chocolate--tomorrow!

Old 12-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #1764
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
ADORABLE!
Glad you didn't get distracted by my enormous belly!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #1765
Die Cut Diva

Heather-Love your new pics! And yes, we'll talk tomorrow. Sorry for flooding you with messages and posting in the forum, LOL. Technology!!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #1766
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Glad you didn't get distracted by my enormous belly!!!
NO WAY! Stand tall...be proud!

JadeOnline likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #1767
Gallery Gazer

Angela- Wonderful kits ! Enjoy them. Ohhh wow, I would not want so many cupcakes to bake. That's why I also bake any cookies. I want several varieties and I have no patience for such a thing **lol**

Heather- Sweet pictures from you both ! Claire was not afraid of Santa Claus ? She looks very happy
Old 12-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #1768
SCS BRAK Coordinator

How funny Vickie. My sweets to Lynne sits here in my craft room. Sorry Lynne. Forgot to include. Guess I will have to eat for you and tell you how good it was. LOL!

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #1769
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Heather, wonderful pictures! As Susanne said, "Stand tall." You look great!

Susanne, no worries on the chocolate! I have been sneaking a few leftover Andes Mints...I bought more than twice as many as we needed.

Kathleen, did you get your wish and have a huge tree delivered?

Imke, it was indeed a lot of cupcakes to bake...but a wonderful contribution to the People to People fund! Since we don't do this for a living, we don't know all of the ins and outs; yesterday I learned a lesson. When I delivered the cupcakes to the Country Club, the staff was not friendly at all...they were not prepared and I felt like a huge annoyance to them. They gave me a vague "that door" to go through for delivery; when I drove around to where I thought they meant I saw a winding ramp...I thought "no way"...we would likely have cupcake soup after I tripped. So I went the other way and the girl wasn't happy. Then they gave me a rickety table to put them on. It was so lightweight that I had to hook one of the legs with my foot to hold it in place because it was sliding across the floor as I tried to set them down. I was really worried it would crash to the floor with the weight of 30 dozen cupcakes! I also saw one of the employees come pretty close to hitting it with her backside...that would have meant cupcake soup too. As I was driving away, I thought that I should have taken a picture of the cupcakes stacked on the table so I could prove that they were delivered intact. I got the feeling that if something happened to them that the people there would not have fessed up and it would have been blamed on us. So, next time I will take a picture and have them sign for delivery. Also, I thought a contract might be a good idea for those big orders; I saw this on another cupcake business' website.

The boys just took Paisley out for her run...she was making quite the racket thumping her tail around in her excitement!

What is everybody up to today?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #1770
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - What an experience. Even cupcake soup sounds good.

Going to a shoebox swap today. Should be fun.

Meljen's Designs
Susanne527 likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #1771
Die Cut Diva

Heather love the pictures!! Imke's right she doesn't look the least bit afraid. Maybe having "mom" beside her helped.
Yesterday your package came in the mail! Love the colors you chose and all the goodies!! Such a variety, everything I could need to make several cards!! Thank you so much...and you remembered the chocolate and even included hand lotion!! So very thoughtful.

Angela I didn't go to the Friday night crop last night...it was snowing such big flakes, I decided to just go home after work. I think we are going to go Sunday afternoon instead. Last week was cancelled because of snow so I am really missing my scraping buddies. Think I will stick around home today and straighten my craft room!

Have fun today Tracie!!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #1772
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Angela - What an experience. Even cupcake soup sounds good.

Going to a shoebox swap today. Should be fun.
Tracie---what is a "shoebox swap" about? I have never heard of this! Have fun...show pictures?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #1773
Forum Fanatic

Finished some more handmade cards for "gifts"! My cousin gave me cocktail napkins and this goofy dog towel--a lil' something for Christmas--So I went out to get her a lil' something and thought--Oh heck--I'll make her some TY notes!

First photo--my initial intentions were to just make a quick set of black and white cards--I hated them! Ran over to Michaels and grabbed some decorative paper--thinking...I'll doll the white cards up with the paper for my homemade envies...Well, as they say, one thing lead to another....finished product is the second/third photos!
Attached Thumbnails
pam-rough-draft-001.jpg   frilly-thank-you-2-.jpg   frilly-thank-you.jpg  

Old 12-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #1774
Forum Fanatic

Hint: With creating my own decorative envies with the SU envy punch---you have to remember to make something on the DP envy outside front so recipients of cards can write an addy. I looked at all my punches (thinking I need something fast here) and thought--fire up the Cricut--BINGO...cut out 2 sizes of tags in seconds! I love my Cricut when I use it!!!

Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #1775
Forum Fanatic

Okay..time to get movin' here---Snow is headed here this afternoon and a LOT of it--weather lady just hiked it up to 15"+ in our area--heavy overnight, winds, 40mph, and a nice glazing of icy rain...Grocery store here I come (with 9000 other panicked people)!!! I am not panicked...I am out of food!!! Poor Shane came home and was looking for snacks last night--Here I am offering him Yogurt, frozen fish patty!!!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #1776
Stazon Splitcoast

Beautiful photos Heather. I saw one of them on fb last night. You look great.

Susanne, love those cards. Is that loopy design from a MS punch? Love them plain or with paper.

Pat, Hope you get to get out and enjoy an afternoon with your crafting friends. Wow, you missed two friday nights, that made for a different weekend for you didn't it? I know you have so much fun with them. I would do it to if I had a place close to go and crop with friends. Enjoy your Sunday crop.

Angela, that is to bad they all had such a bad attitude. People make me so mad at times. No one appreciates what people do to help anymore. I know there are good people out there, just seems that there is more and more of the other kind.

I am off to 3 great grandsons birthday party. There is a 5 yr. old, 3 yr old and 1 yr. old. 2 brothers and a cousin. Hunter and Gauge were born one day apart and 4 years apart. One born on the 17 and one on the 18th and they are brothers. The other is Jevin who will be 3. He was born on Christmas Eve. They are all cuties.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #1777
Glitter Guru

That sounds like fun Linda, a huge party for all of the birthdays.

Pat, sorry you missed your crops, but so smart to stay in with it snowing.

Angela, what the heck??? That sounds terrible with people being so rude at the drop off. I think a contract and photo will be good in the future. My friend was doing candy buffets for weddings and other events and she said a lot of people were rude also when she arrived for a set up. I don't get it. It takes no time to be nice and you feel so much better, too. What kind of cupcakes were you using the Andes mints on? I love those!

Finn had his holiday show today, it was so fun and cute. I LOVE the preschool where they go. The teachers and owners are amazing, it's so fun to see the shows they put together. They Finn, Lilah and I went to the farm and Hobby Lobby (we needed a gift cert. for a gift for a needy person for church. One lady asked for a gift cert for HL or yarn, I couldn't pass up a crafty request, so I picked that one from the tree). The kids talked me into wooden birdhouses and paint, too. So looks like a painting project this afternoon.

Angela, I didn't get my huge tree . We all went out together and Chuck put his foot down. Lilah and I had our eye on this huge tree, and Chuck was so relieved when another family bought it, lol. But it's pretty big. Then we went for lights and I bought a purple tree for Lilah's room, just a 4 foot one or so. And a pre lit tree for my bedroom. Lol, lots of trees in here, need to get them all decorated. The one in the dining room and one in Lilah's room are done. The living room and bedroom ones not yet.

We are getting snow and it seems to be sticking, so I'm thinking we will lay low today and get the decorating done.

Heather, great pics. Claire looks darling and love the belly picture, you look wonderful.

Susanne, those TY notes are great. Love the white and the patterned ones. Your cousin will love them. I have that MS punch and love it.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #1778
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Heather, cute cute cute pics! Is Ciaire excited about a new bundle of joy coming to join her?

Lots of trees, Kathy! Sounds very festive!

Lots of snow here and it's still snowing; not sure how many inches yet, maybe 5, with the prediction of blowing wind this evening. Today's weather put a kink in DD and my shopping plans today. Maybe tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it. *sigh*

Susanne, your cards are great! Love the design.

Not much going on here today; another day of mojo having run away; but, I'm going to try to create something for across the hall using the image from Pat. Maybe that will inspire me to continue on and create with the image from Angela and then from Imke!

Hope everyone stays warm and cozy today!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #1779
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Beautiful photos Heather. I saw one of them on fb last night. You look great.

Susanne, love those cards. Is that loopy design from a MS punch? Love them plain or with paper.

Pat, Hope you get to get out and enjoy an afternoon with your crafting friends. Wow, you missed two friday nights, that made for a different weekend for you didn't it? I know you have so much fun with them. I would do it to if I had a place close to go and crop with friends. Enjoy your Sunday crop.

Angela, that is to bad they all had such a bad attitude. People make me so mad at times. No one appreciates what people do to help anymore. I know there are good people out there, just seems that there is more and more of the other kind.

I am off to 3 great grandsons birthday party. There is a 5 yr. old, 3 yr old and 1 yr. old. 2 brothers and a cousin. Hunter and Gauge were born one day apart and 4 years apart. One born on the 17 and one on the 18th and they are brothers. The other is Jevin who will be 3. He was born on Christmas Eve. They are all cuties.

Thanks Linda/Kathy/Vickie! Yes it is a MS punch around the page--and I got it for like 1/3 of the cost---It was on this sale table at Michaels--I think for like $6...something ridiculous--could not pass it up!

Old 12-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #1780
Forum Fanatic

Groceries done (taco's for din tonight--while we decorate the tree/house)...Meatballs in the crockpot tomorrow--while we are under a coating of snow!

I am excited--Scrabble tonight after dinner! One of these day's I am going to get a fancy light up scrabble table--saw that somewhere and thought...Oh yes I love this!!! hahahaha

Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #1781
Die Cut Diva

Susanne love your cards!! What a great idea!! Well I planned to stay inside today...our snow turned to rain and its all mushy, but needed a quick trip to the Post Office. While I was out anyway I took care of a few Christmas errands and picked up a little Charlie Brown tree at Walgreens. So cute!! So I guess I have a tree after all this year.
Kathleen Curry likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #1782

Pat, your Charlie Brown tree sounds adorable!

Susanne, we had tacos for dinner this evening, too!

We have 8 inches of snow this round; not sure what it's doing outside right now, hopefully, not blowing!

Almost bed time! I read a little thingy either on Pinterest or FB: I don't mind going to bed because I know when I get up I can have coffee!

Good night, sweet dreams to one and all!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #1783
Glitter Guru

I had coffee with Lynne today. We had a nice visit. Lynne, you're looking great!

Anyway, we exchanged our November/December packages.

Lynne was VERY generous. And, she knew exactly what I'd like! I got some sweet images that I've never seen, beautiful ribbons, a cute bag of embellishments and a Christmas paper pad. She also got me some embossing folders (LOVE THEM!), a stamp to do Christmas date messages and some pens and notepads....thank you so much, Lynne!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_3552.jpg  
Old 12-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #1784
Glitter Guru

Vickie, we haven't really talked to her alot about it. I think she's still too young to understand. Plus, it's a long time to wait!! We'll probably start talking to her after Christmas...there is some stuff coming that will help. She's getting a book in her stocking about being a big sister and I think there might be a doll under the tree for her too. So, we'll talk more about it in the new year.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #1785
Die Cut Diva

Heather and I did have a very pleasant visit this afternoon. I am glad she liked all of her goodies, and I must say, she gave me an equally nice package in return. Included was a great Christmas-themed paper pad, some beautiful floral stamps, some cute decorative tape, some yummy Lindt chocolates, and some paper, stamped images, and embellishments that coordinate very nicely. I must say pregnancy flatters Heather-She definitely had a glow to her.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #1786
Die Cut Diva

Almost forgot to say that Heather also made me a really nice card.

One of these days I'll figure out how to upload images to this thread. It can't be much different/harder than uploading them to the gallery.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #1787
Gallery Gazer

Kathy- Wow 3 christmas trees ? I bet Lilah loves her purple one In your house it will be very festive.

Susanne- Beautiful cards ! I love both - also the b/w

Heather- Wow, fabulous kit. Enjoy it.

When I see all these kits, I am somewhat embarrassed. I really try to go "back to basics" and really only to give a little something extra **lol** I hope it's OK to have gotten all the one of me.

It is the first time this year that I have used up Paper Pads. The Paperpad i got from Susanne (Graphic 45) is empty and two older ones from Basic Grey. I think it's great and I want to consume things. They are are made for !!

Lynne- Its super easy to insert a image in this thread. If you reply there is a button to insert an image. If you have questions - im sure lots of people here can help.

For all who expect much snow: Please stay safe and worm and have a full fridge **wink**wink**to Susanne !!
Old 12-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #1788
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - Got your adorable stamp in the mail yesterday. Love it. Thanks. We should do this more often. Offer up stamps if anyone wants them.

Sounds like everyone is keeping very busy. Tis the season. I went to a shoebox swap yesterday and had a blast. We made 14 cards. They were all so different and they consisted of anything from birthday, Christmas, Easter, etc. Nice stash of beautiful cards.

Today I hope to finish up Christmas cards and get my sister's package ready to go to Texas. Hoping I can get everything done.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #1789
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Susanne - Got your adorable stamp in the mail yesterday. Love it. Thanks. We should do this more often. Offer up stamps if anyone wants them.

Sounds like everyone is keeping very busy. Tis the season. I went to a shoebox swap yesterday and had a blast. We made 14 cards. They were all so different and they consisted of anything from birthday, Christmas, Easter, etc. Nice stash of beautiful cards.

Today I hope to finish up Christmas cards and get my sister's package ready to go to Texas. Hoping I can get everything done.
I agree Tracie--I LOVE stamps! Even used tired ones!!! hahahaha

Old 12-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #1790
Forum Fanatic

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! A few shots from inside my warm cozy house while still in my fleecy jammies! Just made a nice breakfast (brunch by this time) for Tommy--our resident shoveler dude!
Attached Thumbnails
snow-sale-001.jpg   snow-sale-002.jpg   snow-sale-003.jpg   snow-sale-004.jpg   snow-sale-005.jpg  

snow-sale-006.jpg  

Vickie Y likes this post.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #1791
Forum Fanatic

See the blue chair in the middle of our back lawn--I call it the "punishment chair"--reason being there is only 1 chair--I have been saying (for years)...Honey, lets get some nice lawn furniture--like 2 nice reclining chairs with a table...a free standing unbrella...etc...

Tom was sitting out in this chair about 3 weeks ago on an unseasonably warm afternoon reading--the way he was sitting (facing the trees) with his back to the house--I yelled out..."Utoh, Dad's in a TIME OUT!!!" He hates it when I call it the "punishment chair" but to me it looks so stupid--just one lonely chair all the time--(usually on the back porch-not in the middle of the lawn)...

Old 12-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #1792
Gallery Gazer

Wow Susanne- that is a LOT of SNOW !!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #1793

Susanne, I clicked like on the snow post! Not that I like snow, but I like your pictures. Looks a lot like it does here at my house...we have about 8 inches of snow.

I have a new chicken recipe in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Chicken breasts, 2 T all purpose steak/hamburger seasoning, 3 T brown sugar (I use Splenda Brown Sugar), and 1 C BBQ sauce. put chicken in bottom of CP, then seasoning and brown sugar, and pour the BBQ sauce over it. Cook on low 6 hours. I hope it turns out; I used chicken tenderloins instead of breasts.

Great cardkits Lynne and Heather!

Imke, I also tried to do the "Back to Basics" kits.

I have my November and December cards completed for across the hall! I will upload them in the morning. (and, I'm heading across the hall to get the details for those 2 months!)

Wishing everyone a super Sunday!
Old 12-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #1794
Forum Fanatic

I finally finished MY own Advent Calendar---it's up on my mantle--we are all decorated for Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails
gleason-advent-calendar-002.jpg   gleason-advent-calendar-003.jpg   gleason-advent-calendar-004.jpg   gleason-advent-calendar-005.jpg   gleason-advent-calendar-006.jpg  

Old 12-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #1795
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Beautiful Susanne. Do you put things in each box?

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #1796
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Beautiful Susanne. Do you put things in each box?
Yes Tracie...lil trinkets or candy...each # represents a day up until Christmas!

I started a lil' late on making this--but I'll be good to go next December!

Old 12-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #1797

Gorgeous Advent Calendar, Susanne.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Susanne, that is a lot of snow! It looks like you have a great backyard for Muddy. (Paisley was doing so well in the house today...not tearing around at all until she saw Ivy's nachos...she ate them!) Great Advent Calendar and card set too!

Heather and Lynne, sounds like you ladies had a good time!

Linda, how were the birthday parties? Sounds like a great time; I like how your family gets together to celebrate...that is really cool.

Imke, horray for using up DP!

How was the shoebox swap, Tracie?

How was the chicken, Vickie?

Kathleen, a purple tree sounds fun...I'll bet Lilah loves it! The Andes Mints were for: chocolate cupcake, mint buttercream (green), ganache, Andes on top...they are good. Regarding your friend and the candy buffets...I saw on a show where the bride was spending $10,000-$15,000 on a candy buffet! Good grief! Did she ever figure out why people gave her grief when they set up? I wonder if the staff at the Country Club don't like their jobs? DH thought it was maybe because the booking was bringing in outside food...who knows? No way would it be tolerated if we acted that way at work...no ands, ifs, or buts!

The computer has been out of whack; I picked up some kind of "no access" virus. I've had troubles for about 3 weeks now, but I think they got it cleared up finally.

Ivy is in the kitchen getting an order ready: white cupcake, cream cheese buttercream, crushed peppermints...not on the menu, but it's what the customer wanted. She bought Christmas tins and is making candy for her friends...today she made caramels and Oreo balls...she will make more to fill them, I think different kinds of dipped pretzels and candy cane fudge.

Have to iron and then get to bed...I work in the a.m.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #1799
Forum Fanatic

Tracie...what is a "shoebox" swap?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #1800
Glitter Guru

Denise, I know your husband's appointment is this week. When is it? I'll be thinking of you two and hope it goes well.

Linda, I assume you'll keep us updated if Denise can't pop in?
Closed Thread