Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #1721
Glitter Guru

For itīs the same with clothes. I give away a blouse/trousers or whatever and at some point I want to wear. And i think: Where the hell the things are gone? Silly me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke--I have a different policy with my stamp collection--it's...don't through it out or give it away--because you never know when you will NEED it! haha! There are some purges that have gone on here--Ali my friend in the UK loves "cutesy" bears and critters--I sent her a huge box one year--but other than that--love my stamps! I also have the room for them so--there's not need to purge too often!

One more thing--a lot of stamps I own (years old) have come out in slightly different styles by other companies--so if I see a duplication stamp...I pat myself on the back for keeping my old ones in tact!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #1722
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--received your lovely card and images today! Thanks! The first thing I said to myself was....I LOVE this paper on the card!!! Then you mentioned how it is what I sent you!!! Too funny--I really like this--wonder if AE has some in stock?!

What does"Zum Geburtstag" and "3X Hoch" mean? We don't wanna be makin' cards with "swear words"!!! hahahahaha smiles

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1723
Die Cut Diva

Ohhhhh...forgot to mention.....we have a new family member. His name is "Petey" (Pete-"y"), and he is a corn snake. He is 6 months, 18 inches long, and eats dead mice. We were at a pet store the night before last, buying bird seed and dog food, adamant that we were bringing no living thing home that evening. Well, it was one of those pet stores where you could pet EVERYTHING, and pet (almost) EVERYTHING I did. I then got introduced to Petey, who the pet store staff were determined to find a home for. So long story short, Petey came home with us. I am still in shock that I own a snake! It's. A good thing he only eats one tiny frozen dead mouse a week, or else he never would have come home with us.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #1724
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

OMGosh, Lynne! I am in awe of anyone who will take a snake on as a pet! I can't even stand to touch a picture of one in a book!! It's a phobia I have!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #1725

Angela, your December cardkit is on its way to you and should arrive Thursday or Friday.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #1726
Watercolor Wizard

<---hates snakes ---eeeek! I cannot even say "in awe" the nice way like Vickie!

Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #1727
Watercolor Wizard

Finishing up Angela's package too---it's right here...need to get an envy and doll up a few extras!

Old 12-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #1728
Die Cut Diva

Hey Susanne I was at the Mall of America about two years ago. So cool!! It was Thanksgiving weekend and they were going to have some of the stars from "Twilight" the movie that evening. People especially teens were camped out all over the place. We had lunch and did a little shopping and were out of there. Oh and I took some photos of the theme park area. They have an Archivers but I heard they were closing it. Sad.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #1729
Die Cut Diva

LOL. You gals are funny. He (Petey) certainly is neat. I can't wait to do some research on snakes. Oh, earlier I had him out, and he crawled down my shirt! I like how he feels cool to the touch.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #1730
Die Cut Diva

Tracie-Thank you SO much for your fabulous package. I couldn't believe all of the wonderful goodies it contained! You sure spoiled me! In my package, Tracie included:a 6x6 pad of Christmas paper, some adorably festive Christmas stamps, some pretty doilies, some great rub-on sentiments, cute seasonal post-it-notes, a package of pearl flourishes, some chip-board pieces, LOTS of the most adorable House Mouse images, a Christmas embossing folder, some nicely coordinating paper sheets, two packages of the cutest flowers, a keepsake charm, some Stampin Up Dimensionals, AND the loveliest card!!!! I am in crafting heaven!! Again, thank you SO much!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #1731
Hardware Hotshot

How big will he get, Lynne?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #1732
Glitter Guru

Lynne, are snakes social at all? Do they interact with people? I'm not afraid of them, just curious about what they do as pets. Now feeding it mice might freak me out, that's my phobia, lol!

Would love to see the Mall of America some day. Sounds neat Pat.

I need to get better with purging things, I have a closet full of SU stamps, that I'm pretty sure I could get rid of and never miss them. But I have such a hard time, thinking, I might use that some day. Same with clothes! I need Imke to come and help me do a major purge of wardrobe and craft supplies!

School cancelled for the "impending storm". Haven't seen it cancelled without a flake in sight before, so we'll have to wait and see what is coming. We were on the way out the door when the call came. Still trying to figure out if preschool is on or off. Lilah is having a fit at the thought of missing a day of school. The fighting should begin momentarily, I'm sure!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #1733
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy: We had one of those "cancelled because of impending storms" and then we got NUTHIN! It's a bold move to cancel school without flakes flying. It either pays off big or falls flat.

I like snakes well enough ... in their cage. I told my boys that I refused to have any pet that I didn't want to touch their food (yikes, dead mice) or watch eat. Bleah! Knowing how "responsible" my boys are, I'd be the one who would be stuck caring for the thing. No way jose!

I'm off to a doctor appt. and then I get my hair cut! I have an hour in between and I plan to shop for Angela at Archivers. Looking forward to "looking!"
Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #1734
Die Cut Diva

He will get to be between 4 and 6 feet, lengthwise, and he may get an inch or so thicker. In 4 and a half months, he moves to a larger aquarium, but that will suffice for quite a long time. As for being social, he seems quite friendly. I love to get him out and hold him. However, and I have to research it, I don't think he wants to be held quite as often as I want to hold him. I know they can show some aggression around feeding time, so the day that you feed him, you pretty much leave him alone after he is fed. I think they can also be a little irritable when they shed, which he'll do a few times a year. I AM relieved he only has to be fed once a week. I guess we're supposed to find some tongs, deposit his dead mouse, and let him be. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could feed some poor alive mouse to a snake or to anything. I was happy to learn that breeders and pet stores mostly try to get the snakes on a dead mice diet right away.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1735
Glitter Guru

Lynne- Seriously, a snake ? I would never set foot in your house **lol** ! Iīm out - thatīs nothing for me. Crawling animals and anything with more than 4 legs makes me crazy. But if you like it - enjoy it !!

Kathy- I think you do not really want that I sort with you I am very generous to separate things. That is liberating. I think very realistic and think about whether I really need things. When I hear anyone of you has more than 1 cutting Machine, I wonder why **lol**

Joanna- Everything is OK with your eyes or do you have any problems after your surgury ?

Susanne- I explain the germany sayings across the hall It is not bad, believe me.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1736
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Lynne- Seriously, a snake ? I would never set foot in your house **lol** ! Iīm out - thatīs nothing for me. Crawling animals and anything with more than 4 legs makes me crazy. But if you like it - enjoy it !!

Kathy- I think you do not really want that I sort with you I am very generous to separate things. That is liberating. I think very realistic and think about whether I really need things. When I hear anyone of you has more than 1 cutting Machine, I wonder why **lol**

Joanna- Everything is OK with your eyes or do you have any problems after your surgury ?

Susanne- I explain the germany sayings across the hall It is not bad, believe me.
Imke--saw the translation--thanks!

I am with you--creepy crawly animals...eeek !

Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #1737
Stazon Splitcoast

My Grandson in Houston has a corn snake. I hate snakes but this one has some beautiful colors and sleeps in Lander's room. When we go down there we stay in his room because it is a big room. I ignore the snake as much as I can. He loves his snake. It is in a big aquarium with a light that comes on once a day for a little while.

Ladies, I have always sent my SS's Christmas cards. Due to my eye problems it isn't going to happen this year. I am way behind on everything and have 6 birthdays in Dec. I am sorry about this.

Imke, I received your beautiful card today.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #1738
Hardware Hotshot

Interesting, Lynne.

I don't know. Snakes don't scare me, but they don't interest me either. It kinda falls into the same category as tattoos. I know you CAN, but why would you WANT to?

We had an iguana growing up, since my brother had allergies. He was pretty cool and had personality, for sure. I never thought of snakes having personality too, but I guess if you're around them enough you'd figure it out.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #1739
Glitter Guru

Linda-I could not sleep there! Unthinkable. I'd sleep at the hotel Donīt worry about christmas cards. There are worse things and we know that you're thinking of us.

Heather- I really wonder why someone has to have a snake, lizard or exotic animals. I think they belong in nature. You can not do anything with them. With dogs you can make dog training or whatever.
About Tatoos: There are many wonderful tattoos. And if it's on a nice body, it's really pretty and nice to look at. I want none because i am not tattoo type. I think it has to fit to the people.

Lynne - Please donīt take my blabla about snakes personally. These are just my 2cents. If you like those pets- itīs totally OK. Have fun with Petey
Old 12-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #1740
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Tracie--this was a grab bag...I got home-opened it and thought...who's a fan of NWood stamps--I cannot refuse a $3 /4 wood stamps bargin--even if they are repeats--I can always give them away as gifts/swaps/what-evah!

I would be glad to send you the dog/cat one!

trying to get caught up around here (again!) and saw this! Sus, if you're willing to mail to two different places, I will be happy to take the other 3 stamps--thank you for your generous offer!

Seems like many of us have the Christmas blahs and are behind on things. I only got my Christmas cards out because I had the handmades left from the Christmas card challenge that some of us were in back in 2012. And my house is only decorated because DH dragged out the Christmas stuff with his one good arm and left me no choice to put the stuff out. He always puts up the tree, but because he couldn't get it down from the loft in the garage, he had our son-in-law get it and bring it in. Then Tom and Daniel decorated it. Otherwise, I'd be right along with you gals with not decorating! do you think with Thanksgiving so late this year that we just didn't get into the Christmas spirit yet?

Earlier this week I wrote a big long post commenting on everyone's previous post--and before I could hit "submit reply"--POOF! Lost in cyberspace. SO frustrating!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #1741
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: just a check up. Thanks for asking

Linda: no worries about the lack of cards. There are years when just getting a tree up is a challenge.

So, I've made the cuff for Caleb to wear -- I had help! (just need to find a black shirt for him to wear) and a sticky beard to put on his face. We made a fake campfire (to satisfy the teacher's need for a prop) and today we have to make a "backdrop". This speech (right before Christmas) is KILLING me. I am so glad that it will be over by Friday. I'll post pictures on Friday of everything!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #1742
Gabfest Goddess

Pat and Vickie, after you posted about the RRR club, I HAD to check it out! Very, very tempting, but I am definitely "bow" challenged and couldn't do them justice. Can't believe I had the restraint to not join!

Linda, I am so sorry that you are having eye troubles. I agree with Imke, no worries about not getting cards out...we DO know that you are thinking of us!

Lynne, I, too, am in awe of your willingness to have a snake as a pet. I am like Vickie in that I am phobic about snakes...can't look at a picture of them, and the image of Petey crawling down your shirt gave me goosebumps! God love ya, girl!

I am with Imke on purging things you don't use anymore. I would definitely not make an episode of "Hoarders" on TV. I usually go through clothes and household goods three or four times a year and donate them to the Salvation Army. Keeps my tiny house less cluttered, and makes for a nice tax deduction. And with my crafting items, I usually do a purge after going on my semiannual weekend crafting retreats. My sister has a "Super Scrappin' Sunday" fund raiser at her church once a year, and I give her all of my "gently used" stamps and stuff. so far, I have not missed ANYTHING I've ever donated. (of course, it helps to have a lousy memory).

Imke, I am like you, also, in that I don't much care for the cold/grey weather. And I live here, in mostly cold/grey weather, why? (probably because so much of Tom's and my family lives here....) Thinking my son probably made a wise move to Arizona, where they have lots of sunshine--but the summers are a little toooooo warm!

Jo, I am amazed that a school day was cancelled for an "impending" storm! Do they need to make up those days at the end of the school year? That wouldn't be much fun to have to go to school longer when the weather is so much nicer!

Finally got the new computer. In some ways it is nice, in others, not so. I've been frustrated because no matter what I do, the computer can't find my wireless printer (which, btw, is sitting right NEXT to it on the desk!! Stupid computer!!) I've been putting off calling tech support, but I think it's the only thing left to do!

Having a bit of trouble getting back in the swing of things at work.
It was really, really nice to have 3 weeks off...or at least once I started feeling better. It was only because of that time off that I was able to get some Christmas cards and gifts done, otherwise I'd be hopelessly behind.

Hope you are all staying warm. Sounds like even our southern gals like Linda are in the freeze zone! Enjoy your day!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #1743
Glitter Guru

I get the RRR club too. Like Vickie, I have trouble cutting into in, it's so pretty. LOL. I do love the combos they put together and usually one of the selections is a pretty lace, too. For anyone who is ribbon challenged, get the Bow Easy, it's fool proof bows every time. I love bows and use them on almost everything. Also for tying bows without the bow easy, PTI's saddle stitched ribbon ties like a dream.

The snow came, so it was good that they cancelled school yesterday. Liam's school Christmas pageant got moved to tonight, not working out too well, because Cal has basketball and Chuck has a big meeting, but we'll have to make it work.

I don't have most of the Christmas stuff out yet. Got my dining room tree up on Monday. That one has ornaments the kids have made on it. We still need to buy the real tree for the living room. I aways want a really big one. May see if the place near me will deliver it, that would save some hassle. And then I could pick what I want, without Chuck moaning about the size, hahahaha!

Linda, don't even think twice about the cards. Really sorry you are having such trouble with your eyes. I know crafting and reading are two of your favorites, and that stinks when you can't do them. Hope they improve soon.

Hoping Denise's DH is doing OK, saw on Facebook that he had an appointment with another hospital (not the one he just got out of). Hope they get things figured out for him.

Imke, I really would like your help purging, lol. I need some one to tell me to just get rid of things. I think I'm way too sentimental about stuff sometimes. Don't want to end up on hoarders, lol. Hey, have you ever noticed that a lot of people on that show are crafters?

Hope your new snake is adapting well Lynne. Sounds like he will get pretty big. You have quite a few pets don't you? How are your birds doing?

Heather, hope you are feeling well!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #1744
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
trying to get caught up around here (again!) and saw this! Sus, if you're willing to mail to two different places, I will be happy to take the other 3 stamps--thank you for your generous offer!

Seems like many of us have the Christmas blahs and are behind on things. I only got my Christmas cards out because I had the handmades left from the Christmas card challenge that some of us were in back in 2012. And my house is only decorated because DH dragged out the Christmas stuff with his one good arm and left me no choice to put the stuff out. He always puts up the tree, but because he couldn't get it down from the loft in the garage, he had our son-in-law get it and bring it in. Then Tom and Daniel decorated it. Otherwise, I'd be right along with you gals with not decorating! do you think with Thanksgiving so late this year that we just didn't get into the Christmas spirit yet?

Earlier this week I wrote a big long post commenting on everyone's previous post--and before I could hit "submit reply"--POOF! Lost in cyberspace. SO frustrating!
You got em! so happy you and Tracie want them! They are going to good homes!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #1745
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
Pat and Vickie, after you posted about the RRR club, I HAD to check it out! Very, very tempting, but I am definitely "bow" challenged and couldn't do them justice. Can't believe I had the restraint to not join!

Linda, I am so sorry that you are having eye troubles. I agree with Imke, no worries about not getting cards out...we DO know that you are thinking of us!

Lynne, I, too, am in awe of your willingness to have a snake as a pet. I am like Vickie in that I am phobic about snakes...can't look at a picture of them, and the image of Petey crawling down your shirt gave me goosebumps! God love ya, girl!

I am with Imke on purging things you don't use anymore. I would definitely not make an episode of "Hoarders" on TV. I usually go through clothes and household goods three or four times a year and donate them to the Salvation Army. Keeps my tiny house less cluttered, and makes for a nice tax deduction. And with my crafting items, I usually do a purge after going on my semiannual weekend crafting retreats. My sister has a "Super Scrappin' Sunday" fund raiser at her church once a year, and I give her all of my "gently used" stamps and stuff. so far, I have not missed ANYTHING I've ever donated. (of course, it helps to have a lousy memory).

Imke, I am like you, also, in that I don't much care for the cold/grey weather. And I live here, in mostly cold/grey weather, why? (probably because so much of Tom's and my family lives here....) Thinking my son probably made a wise move to Arizona, where they have lots of sunshine--but the summers are a little toooooo warm!

Jo, I am amazed that a school day was cancelled for an "impending" storm! Do they need to make up those days at the end of the school year? That wouldn't be much fun to have to go to school longer when the weather is so much nicer!

Finally got the new computer. In some ways it is nice, in others, not so. I've been frustrated because no matter what I do, the computer can't find my wireless printer (which, btw, is sitting right NEXT to it on the desk!! Stupid computer!!) I've been putting off calling tech support, but I think it's the only thing left to do!

Having a bit of trouble getting back in the swing of things at work.
It was really, really nice to have 3 weeks off...or at least once I started feeling better. It was only because of that time off that I was able to get some Christmas cards and gifts done, otherwise I'd be hopelessly behind.

Hope you are all staying warm. Sounds like even our southern gals like Linda are in the freeze zone! Enjoy your day!
Patti---there is a cd you put in your computer for your printer--it connects the two--I have a wireless printer that had to find my computer (both new this year)...Epson XP-400 printer--came with a CD--step by step--all digital "microwave buttons" we call em here--like my flat stove top-- You should see your printer in your "My computer" place on your computer (guts)...Not sure if this is helping--Call the manufacturer of the printer/computer--let them walk you through it! I am sure you have already thought of all this...

Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #1746
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--mailed out the dog/cat stamp yesterday!

Angela--Mailed your December goodies today!!! {crabby mail guy said it should be at your house in 2 days} Funny: Priority mail was $9 something...Standard mail was like $8.45...Um lets see-do I want it there in 2 day's for 60 cents more--or shall I make Angela wait for 10 days? Decisions, decisions!

Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #1747
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Kathy: We had one of those "cancelled because of impending storms" and then we got NUTHIN! It's a bold move to cancel school without flakes flying. It either pays off big or falls flat.

I like snakes well enough ... in their cage. I told my boys that I refused to have any pet that I didn't want to touch their food (yikes, dead mice) or watch eat. Bleah! Knowing how "responsible" my boys are, I'd be the one who would be stuck caring for the thing. No way jose!

I'm off to a doctor appt. and then I get my hair cut! I have an hour in between and I plan to shop for Angela at Archivers. Looking forward to "looking!"
LIVE mice!!! Farmer Sharon has her boys feed their snake a live mouse--I just could not bare to see or think of this task!!! aaack!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #1748
Die Cut Diva

I'm not into snakes or mice...just the cute ones on stamps.

I agree with Kathy, I love my Bow Easy. I had such a hard time making them following the tutorials and then the owner of a shop near here told me to forget everything I'd seen about the Bow Easy and watch her make one with hers. Nothing to it and I've been making them ever since!!

Linda please don't worry about Christmas cards this year. We'll let you make it up to us next year...LOL

Susanne I know, I've stood at the Post Office and listened to the same speel. Duh, I'll pay the extra 50 cents or whatever.

Hope everyone is staying warm...its supposed to drop down to 6 degrees tonight. Yikes!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #1749
Watercolor Wizard

Well my Elf SS package arrived in Hawaii tonight--separate from her normal mail! Only 1 day late! I had a choice of paying $84 "priority" or $24 standard post--it was not due until Dec 18th (day we open our 1st present from our SS)...so I chose the standard rate! I mailed it on Nov 25th...I have been on pins/pens & needles (yes QueenieJO--using your blog name) for 2 day's here! Odd that I signed up to get emails from the USPS...butheard nothing from them! hmmmmph! Well, it's there-thank goodness!

off to dreamland!

Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #1750
Stazon Splitcoast

I am scared of snakes so I was really being brave to sleep in a room with one. I was ok, no nightmares either.

I'm locked out of SCS by chrome. After being attacked by malware and having to work with the geek squad for over 3 hrs and change passwords I don't want to risk it again. I'll use my iPad.

Thanks Jess for the cute card. I love this snowman.

The bow easy is fantastic an only 5 bucks, makes wonderful bows. I think Susanne deans you tube video is easy to follow. I've had mine since it came out. Don't like typing
on my iPad so I hope I can get on SCS on my computer tomorrow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #1751
Die Cut Diva

Linda-Sounds like you're having an awful time of it.

Imke & Others-No worries! I'm not at all offended by your dislike/apprehension of snakes. I love Petey, and that's all that matters, LOL. We fed him for the first time last night, and my, what a process. But I don't want to make anyone squeamish, so I won't go into details.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #1752
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Linda-Sounds like you're having an awful time of it.

Imke & Others-No worries! I'm not at all offended by your dislike/apprehension of snakes. I love Petey, and that's all that matters, LOL. We fed him for the first time last night, and my, what a process. But I don't want to make anyone squeamish, so I won't go into details .
Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #1753
Stazon Splitcoast

Yea! No Chrome problems locking me out of SCS today.

I am off to get a perm in a few minutes. I had this apt. last week but the snow closed a few things down and my hair dresser lives in a small town about 20 min away so we rescheduled for today.

Yesterday was our first day above freezing in 10 days and they say we are good for 8 days and then low temps again. Our high yesterday was 38.

Do any of you watch Pioneer Woman on the food channel or read her blog for her cooking? She lives on a ranch about 45 mi. from here. We watched an older show last night and she had her Dad and step Mom to dinner. Her Dad is Glenn's Dr. He is an orthopedic and has unfrozen Glenn's shoulder and replaced both of his knees.

Hope all of you have a great day. I'm off to get my hair done.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #1754
Stazon Splitcoast

Here are some photos of Patti's package...look how beautifully it's presented! Again, thank you so much Patti...I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
patti-1-.jpg   patti-2-.jpg   patti-3-.jpg  

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #1755
Stazon Splitcoast

Here are some photos of the package from Linda...check out the bag of die cuts! Thank you so much, Linda...I love it all!
Attached Thumbnails
linda-1-.jpg   linda-2-.jpg   linda-3-.jpg  

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #1756
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello to everybody!

I think I'm caught up on the posts here! Lot's going on...snakes, computers and perms...we cover it all, don't we?

I have been MIA this week, first with work and then with the big cupcake orders.

3 days at work is a bit much; I try to never do more than 2 in a row. Tuesday was my student's last day; it was funny because her Dad works at the hospital and he floated over to help and was assigned to us. So, we were teasing Chelsea that she was her Dad's boss! LOL He was a good sport.

The cupcakes go out today; I still have 30 dozen sitting on my island, 1 order is delivered and the other goes at 4. A total of about 22 hours of prep, baking, decorating, packaging, and clean-up...I am whipped! It sounds funny, but I am sore all over...who knew a baking marathon was such a workout? Usually Ivy chases me from the kitchen, but I had to do most of it because Ivy had school yesterday and wrestling last night, so she didn't get home until late. We were up really early frosting and packaging. So glad they are all done...I will be glad to get the last batch delivered.

Hoping to catch up on everything around here...there is laundry to do and tidying up too.

Thank you to Jessica and Vickie; your packages arrived yesterday and I opened them right before I went to bed. After a long day, it was nice to sit down and relax a bit, plus I had visions of awesome stamping goodies (instead of sugar plums) dancing in my head while I slept! Thank you, ladies, they were amazing! I will take a couple of pictures and post them later today!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #1757
Watercolor Wizard

Omgosh....I totally forgot the chocolate for Angela's goodie stash!!! Really, had it on my list before I closed the envy---ya see...I just never think of sweets!!! DUH! Sorry Angela--looks like Patti/Linda got you covered!!! GREAT KITS!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #1758

fun kits for Angela from Patti and Linda! Hope things settle down for you soon, Angela.

I also confess that I didn't send any sweets in my kit to Angela! I had good intentions, but if sweets are in my view that also means temptation...and I can't say no to temptation, so no sweets 'cause I can't handle it!! LOL
Old 12-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #1759
Die Cut Diva

Heather-I can't PM you for some reason. So tomorrow, 1:30 Second Cup on 34. Sound good?
JadeOnline likes this post.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #1760
Hardware Hotshot

Sounds good! See you there.
Closed Thread