Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #1681
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning -- oops! afternoon! Ah, the life of retirement!

I decided to use a different project for my Dec. 10 Twisted Tuesday fussy cut post; instead I'm going to use the project I created with one of the stamps Susanne sent for the January 7 upload for the Twisted Tuesday challenge.

I have used papers and embellies, mixing things up from all the packages I receive! I just want to let everyone know how much I appreciate the kits and goodies I receive from each of you! Thank you so much....group hug!

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #1682
Die Cut Diva

Hello all, sorry I've been MIA. Last night I finally uninstalled my computer security. I think it was just too much for my "old" computer. Things are moving along a bit faster now and I have downloaded a free security instead.

I am off work today because of the ice and snow. A major storm has come through and though the freezing rain has stopped it is snowing and piling up fast. I think the fact that its Friday has kept a lot of people home today. Schools are closed and lots of businesses. The roads are bad and temps are continuing to drop during the day. Looks like home is a great place to be this weekend!! I plan to finish my Christmas cards and have them ready to mail out the first of the week.

Patti I got your beautiful card yesterday!! It was my first this year. Thank you for thinking of me.

Imke like you I only have a Cuttlebug but I love it and use it with most every card I make. Mine was actually getting a bit beat up and a friend had one to sell. She hadn't used it much and just bought a Big Shot so I bought it from her at a great price. It's the newer style, seems a bit smaller and the handle folds up. Works Great!!

Hope everyone is safe and warm today...off to fix lunch.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #1683
Die Cut Diva

Joanna-Whenever you can brave the cold is more than fine! We are stuck in a deep freeze, too. I think it is currently -35 with the wind chill. Everyone laughs at me because I still drink iced cappuccinos in the winter. At least it isn't snowing, and I don't have to pick up that darn shovel (knock on wood).
Old 12-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #1684

Pat, I'm just a couple hours northwest of you and we have no snow at all, just seeing green grass, no white stuff! Weather patterns are sure crazy these days! My Texas DD has ice/sleet/snow and everything has come to a halt; at least she has power but a lot of people in the Dallas area have no electricity! I'm glad she can work from home on days like this.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #1685
Hardware Hotshot

Jo, I took one of the space heaters we have and plugged it in right next to my craft desk....cozy and warm! Now, it's just as nice to sit near as the fuzzy blanket on my couch.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #1686
Watercolor Wizard

Pat..good to see you---that snow and sleet is headed our way--50's today 3" of snow due here by tomorrow am...then another whallop for Monday morning commute!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #1687
Watercolor Wizard

Patti---oopsy..forgot to mention above...that I too received your lovely Christmas card and you are our 1st card of the season! Thank you!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #1688
Die Cut Diva

Susanne we got 11 inches of snow...lots for us. I'm just glad we haven't lost electricity this time. We had 60 degrees Wednesday. Crazy weather.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #1689
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, Lynne that IS cold. We're sitting at -3 but we have no wind currently (thank GOD!) I nearly froze to death returning the movie to the Redbox. I was so sad when my mittened hand didn't register on the machine and I had to take it OUT of the mitten!

We do not own a space-heater. I think Santa may be bringing us one!

Pat!! Holy cow 11 inches of snow is a lot! We only have 5.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #1690
Stazon Splitcoast

We had a big cold front come through and we got 2 in of snow. Not much for us but Tusla which is only 50 mi. sounth got 6 in and lots of ice first, lots of lost electricity south of us. It hit Tulsa and south past Dallas, TX. Denise said they were down to 20 degrees thursday morning and supposed to have snow on the beaches today but haven't heard if it happened. The weather is crazy everywhere.

Pat, so glad you got a long weekend. I love snow but don't want downed powerlines.

Patti, I also got your card the other day. My first but several have came since and I'm still working on some.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #1691
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Yes, Patti,got my gorgeous card also. Thanks so much. Still working on mine.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #1692
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Linda!!!

I received a wonderful package in the mail from Linda yesterday...I have taken pictures and will post them later.

There was a darling holiday stamp, fun brads, fancy ribbons, and scads of wonderful diecuts...such fun they will be to use! I am wondering where you get your DP Linda? There was such a beautiful selection of holiday papers that I havn't seen! There was also a card, treats, and pink themed papers with a stamp. Thank you so much, Linda..I love it all!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #1693
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Like a lot of you have mentioned, it is cold here too. We were at -6 this morning...had to have Ivy to school by 6:15, so I got to check out the weather first hand! I would have rather stayed in bed! LOL

The house is quiet and I have it all to myself...I've got a great start on the laundry; time to get busy now and do a bit of tidying up.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #1694
Die Cut Diva

Well the temp is 13 right now so not much chance of all this melting any time soon. LOL We have bright sunshine so that makes it a great time for cardmaking. Nothing like sunlight to help match up colors!!
I've been in the Really Reasonable Ribbon monthly club...you get a selection of ribbon each month for 7.00 something. A lady teaching a class was raving about how nice the ribbon is so I thought I would give it a try. You can cancel whenever you want. Anyway it's been about six months and I love it!! The reason I'm telling you this is that in the mail today I got the most beautiful powder blue and gray ribbons. Perfect for winter cards!!
I'm still sipping coffee so time to get started!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Vickie Y likes this post.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #1695
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in their ribbon club to Pat and I love every package I've received for about a year now. I have a lot of ribbon but can't seem to make myself cancel, afraid I might miss something. Their ribbon is beautiful.

It is cold here to. I think it was 6 at the lowest this morning.

Angela, I was going to send that in Nov because it was a Christmas stamp and paper but things kept getting in the way so I did add some papers and stamp that was not Christmas because thought it was late to be sending a Christmas package. I am glad you got it and that you like it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #1696
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Linda...I do love it!

You did not need to add extra though....

Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #1697
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Dogs are smart....

Paisley needed to take a trip outside; on the way out she picked up Davis' tennis shoe and took it with her. I know better than to try and take something away from her, so I grabbed a handful of food thinking that would distract her. I put the food down...no luck, she still had the shoe in her mouth. She carried it with her when she tinkled; I was cold, so I went to the door to take her in. She then drops the shoe, eats the food, picks up the shoe, and went inside. Good grief!

Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #1698
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmm, this ribbon club sounds interesting!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #1699
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Paisley needed to take a trip outside; on the way out she picked up Davis' tennis shoe and took it with her. I know better than to try and take something away from her, so I grabbed a handful of food thinking that would distract her. I put the food down...no luck, she still had the shoe in her mouth. She carried it with her when she tinkled; I was cold, so I went to the door to take her in. She then drops the shoe, eats the food, picks up the shoe, and went inside. Good grief!
YEP! That sounds like Muddy! But, he takes only Kala's shoes---he'll carry them over to where he sits on the rug in the TV room and put his chin on them! Of course K leaves her shoes all over the place downstairs--so maybe if I left my shoes around he'd like mine too? He is way past chewing>..just hangs out with them!

He's been known to do his business with a shoe in his mouth--usually drops it before coming in--then the HUMAN picks it up and brings it into the house! One time I went to get the mail with a shoe in one hand, dog leash in other hand...and the mail lady just looked at me funny!!! haha

Old 12-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #1700
Watercolor Wizard

AE was fun today--lots going on...One tag I rec'd back in my stash was this felted doll--that just gave me the creeps--looked voodoo- ish? Just a doll glued on a tag (I really think it is weird) but who am I to judge right?! hahaha

One woman made a poinsettia out of a Coke can--pretty neat...my tag was the most "juvenile" out of all of them--Christmas Cookie theme--no voodoo or metal cans involved--stamped on stiffied fabric...

Old 12-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Well the temp is 13 right now so not much chance of all this melting any time soon. LOL We have bright sunshine so that makes it a great time for cardmaking. Nothing like sunlight to help match up colors!!
I've been in the Really Reasonable Ribbon monthly club...you get a selection of ribbon each month for 7.00 something. A lady teaching a class was raving about how nice the ribbon is so I thought I would give it a try. You can cancel whenever you want. Anyway it's been about six months and I love it!! The reason I'm telling you this is that in the mail today I got the most beautiful powder blue and gray ribbons. Perfect for winter cards!!
I'm still sipping coffee so time to get started!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Sooo funny that you mentioned the RRR club! After the mail came today, I decided to look at all the gorgeous ribbon packages I've received...15 of them...so I've been in it for 15 months and have only opened one of the packages...used a bit of the ribbon and closed it back up! I can't seem to bring myself to use it; it is beautifully displayed in the package and labeled with the month and assortment name! I'll have to take a picture since all my packs are intact! Here are just a few of the assortment names I have:

Patriotic assortment, Easter Egg Mix, Pink and Brown Vintage, Citrus, Winter Carnival, Sweet Pickle Assortment Brazilian Summer Mix, to name a few! *sigh* I'm such a hoarder!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1702
Die Cut Diva

I know what you mean Vickie, they are too pretty to open. But they are great to take with me to crops and weekend getaways. Just grab a bag or two and throw them in. I always try to put them back in the package but they just don't look the same.
Oh another thing, if you want to order something from them you can place your order at the first of the month and if they haven't mailed out your package yet they will combine them for a break on shipping.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #1703
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I feel like I am so behind with my whole Christmas thing. Sometimes I think I just spin my wheels trying to decide what I want to do. So no decorations up, christmas cards aren't done and christmas baking not started. Not sure what my problem is this year.

I finished a card for Twisted Tuesday challenge on Tuesday. The design teams seem to keep me busy but I like having a challenge.

Tonight I whipped up some Molasses Ginger cookies and letting the dough chill until tomorrow. We are having a cookie swap on Monday so I need to take several packages of cookies. Not sure everyone will like molasses cookies but I love them.

Well off to work on Christmas card list. Hope everyone is staying warm.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #1704
Die Cut Diva

Tracie I LOVE molasses ginger cookies!! I'm sure your friends at work will too!! I'm not putting up a tree this year...just Christmas wreath and few little things. Just decided to take the year off with Christmas so soon after Thanksgiving. I won't be having any parties this year at my home so I should be able to sneak by. My tree is beautiful but just so much work. I still have my shopping and christmas cards to do so I'm sure I'll stay busy. Next year I will have to outdo myself and decorate the entire house!!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #1705
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Pat I am thinking just like you. For some reason dragging all those boxes up from the basement just doesn't thrill me this year. Since we don't have kids, not much reason to go to all the work. We won't have any parties this year either. I think getting my cards out will be my challenge this year.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #1706
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat and Tracie, I agree completely. I have always gone all out, loved everything Christmas but just don't have the desire this year. I am behind with Christmas cards plus today is Scott's bday and haven't made his card plus one Granddaughter, one Grandson and three Great Grandsons have birthdays this month. I have to go outside in this 6 degree weather and get the tree and decorations and drag it in then take empty boxes etc out again, thinking no tree this year. No parties for us either. I'll be happy to get the cards finished. I am so glad I am not the only one.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #1707
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, no biggie, I wanted to add the extra. After the year you were so generous with 12 kits in one month I can never catch up..lol! It was so amazing and just wanted to throw in a few extras for you because you are a generous lady.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #1708
Glitter Guru

Joanna- Avoid cold you can wrap up warm or heat a lot. What bothers me, is that it is always so gray outside. We have almost no sunshine and mostly it is cloudy. I do not like winter!
Are you also affected by snow chaos? I just saw the news about Dallas.

Angela- How nice that Ivy has a good friend. Good friends are priceless I would like to see a pic of the tree - i bet is has become very nice.

Pat- I hope you are safe because of the SnowChaos. YES, i love my CB too My brother bought it for me in the US and bring it to Germany. With "off" coupons from Michaels it costs me about 35 USD. That was a BIG deal a few years ago.

Lynne- I have to check out your gallery ! Wow, that is really cold but you're used to it, right? I'm a summer person-I need it warm. I live in the wrong place

Tracie- Your cookie swap sounds great. THatīs such a nice idea. I will keep that in mind for next year in my girl round here.
We donīt have a christmas tree. We have no kids and we donīt have space for a tree inside. I just decorate our entrance outside and a bit here and there in the living room. And candles burn with me anyway and if it is really cold, we light a fire in the fireplace-it's cozy !

Patti- Thanks for your sweet christmas card. It came together with one from my cousin. The first two this year.

My x-mas cards are all done and out for my friends across the ocean. The german cards i have to write. But i think they are all done next week.

I hope you are all safe because of the snow. Stay warm and have a great Sunday !!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #1709
Watercolor Wizard

Yesterday while at AE for the Tag swap etc...I picked up a bag-o-stamps for $3! I know we have some Northwood's stamp fans in here (Patti/Pat) or anyone else want these brand new stamps? They are not my style--

I was thinking someone with lil' kids might like the "This Book belongs to:" stamp?

'Speak now or forever hold your peace'....as my mom used today--who wants em? Let me know I'll mail em out to you/z! haha
Attached Thumbnails
nw-stamps-001.jpg  

Old 12-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #1710
Die Cut Diva

Susanne I think Linda is a Northwoods fan. I have a couple but...
Old 12-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #1711
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - I like the dog/cat one. I really like Northwood stamps also. If anyone else wants it with kids though give it to them.

We should do this more often. Post pictures of stamps that have been sitting around and never used, share with others.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #1712
Die Cut Diva

Imke-Whenever you have time to look at my gallery is cool. Definitely no rush!

A ribbon club sounds interesting. Quite frankly, I don't know what I would do with more ribbon. I have difficulty using what I do have. I really suck at doing bows, for example. About two years ago, Heather had my name for a Christmas Swap, and she made me a wonderful box of all kinds of bows. I have to say that was pretty cool.
Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #1713
Hardware Hotshot

I'm with ya Lynne. I have too much ribbon as it is, not that I'm not SERIOUSLY tempted. I am, um, ribbon challenged as well!

My BIL just got transferred to Toronto for his job and sent me some pictures of a mall over there. Holy smackers, it's big, underground and amazingly beautiful. Now I wanna go!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #1714
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Susanne - I like the dog/cat one. I really like Northwood stamps also. If anyone else wants it with kids though give it to them.

We should do this more often. Post pictures of stamps that have been sitting around and never used, share with others.
Tracie--this was a grab bag...I got home-opened it and thought...who's a fan of NWood stamps--I cannot refuse a $3 /4 wood stamps bargin--even if they are repeats--I can always give them away as gifts/swaps/what-evah!

I would be glad to send you the dog/cat one!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1715
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I'm with ya Lynne. I have too much ribbon as it is, not that I'm not SERIOUSLY tempted. I am, um, ribbon challenged as well!

My BIL just got transferred to Toronto for his job and sent me some pictures of a mall over there. Holy smackers, it's big, underground and amazingly beautiful. Now I wanna go!
Have you seen the Mall of America in MN? OY Vey...serious walkin' shoes sis! Patti has been there...ask her...it's on my bucket list!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #1716
Glitter Guru

Joanna/Lynne- Same for me with Ribbons. I watch several videos to make a beautiful bow but i think i am NOT a ribbon girl . I love ribbons and use them but i donīt need a ribbon subscription too.

Tracie- Great idea to share unused stamps or stamps that never will be used. I have a rule: Each stamp that I have not used in a year is sold. This sounds hard and it is , but is very helpful not to collect so many things.
I've even sold a PTI stamp set. I never would have thought, but I have not still missing
Old 12-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #1717
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--I have a different policy with my stamp collection--it's...don't through it out or give it away--because you never know when you will NEED it! haha! There are some purges that have gone on here--Ali my friend in the UK loves "cutesy" bears and critters--I sent her a huge box one year--but other than that--love my stamps! I also have the room for them so--there's not need to purge too often!

One more thing--a lot of stamps I own (years old) have come out in slightly different styles by other companies--so if I see a duplication stamp...I pat myself on the back for keeping my old ones in tact!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #1718
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll confess -- ribbon is one of my major weaknesses. I love the stuff! So far, I can make one decent bow and that's the one you'll see on most of my cards. Also, I think nothing beats the look of real ribbon on a present ... when I can force myself to part with it .

Imke -- thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card! I actually have mine on the kitchen counter, all picked out. Just need to write on the insert which seems to be the obstacle at this point. Soon! At least I'm doing better than last year.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #1719
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke -- I think your one year rule is an awesome one. I have actually managed to part with some of my stamps and other supplies with the incentive of the LSS yard sale. I know they will go to appreciative homes AND I get a nice gift certificate in return to buy more supplies that I hope I will use!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #1720
Glitter Guru

Right, why should they lie unused in the closet and it gives you money for new. So, in reality, the cabinet content is not less.....

Glad you like the card. I try to kept them all CAS because of the cheaper postage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlazarski View Post
Imke -- I think your one year rule is an awesome one. I have actually managed to part with some of my stamps and other supplies with the incentive of the LSS yard sale. I know they will go to appreciative homes AND I get a nice gift certificate in return to buy more supplies that I hope I will use!
Closed Thread