Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #1521
Glitter Guru

That's funny Heather! She will adjust pretty fast.

My oldest got used to his brother quickly. I think the hardest thing for him was me not being around, because Liam was in the hospital for the first month. And I stayed most of the time.

My best friend has two children. It was so cute when they adopted the second one, her son said, this is fun, but now you can send her back. LOL, even though they explained he was going to have a sibling, it didn't really sink in!

Vickie, hope the Dr. appt went well.

Joanna, can't wait to see what you whip up for Caleb. You have great sewing skills, so I know it will be amazing.

Angela, glad you got to see Davis play, even if it wasn't a game, still fun!

Jessica, just saw the picture. LOL, Andrea is a trooper. And you are right, what a great story to tell in the future! She's a beautiful young lady!

Glad you are enjoying your wheels Susanne! Makes it so much easier for you to just run out and do what you need to. You've got to post pics of the advent calendar. I've always wanted to make one, but never have. Sounds really cute!

Off to the Gap this morning. Liam needs red pants for a school Thanksgiving show, he is a cranberry, lol! Hoping to find red sweat pants. Red might be tough to find. Children's Place only had dark red, like a burgundy color.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #1522
Hardware Hotshot

Cranberries can be burgundy ... get the Children's Place pants. My kiddos have out grown that store, sadly. I loved their pants
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #1523
Hardware Hotshot

Imke, they have them in Canada. But we regular see news reports on how they're not to be transported to the US. Apparently grandparents regulary try to take them over at Christmas and Easter and get stopped at the border if they are found....so silly.

The FDA passed a law that prohibits the selling of candy that has any imbedded toys or trinkets. This means Kinder Surprise eggs fall under the ban. They get confiscated reguarly.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1524
Stazon Splitcoast

There is no way to catch up! I haven't received the email notice since the 17th, I've read it all but no way I can remember it all to comment. I'm glad everyone is okay and feeling good. I've had a stomach flu for a couple of days.

Angela what is a "SNIP".

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #1525
SCS BRAK Coordinator

You girls have been busy. I was just making a list of everything I need to do tomorrow on my day off. Since my DH is retiring the end of the year, I am really trying to get alot of things done.

I really need to get started on Christmas cards. Hopefully soon.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #1526
Die Cut Diva

I have started mine, but have quite a few to make yet.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #1527
Gabfest Goddess

Hi and happy Friday to all (though if you are like Angela and I, who work weekends regularly, Friday is not always a "happy"-ish day)...

Once again, I am hopelessly behind here! Did a quick glance back and caught snippets of bad weather (Vickie and Jess, so glad you were safe!!)....Claire-isms have me smiling (laughed out loud at the FB post about coffee ...Linda, hope you have gotten over the stomach flu and are back to good health...Kinder eggs (I had not heard of them, and did not know they were banned in the U.S.)...

I agree with Kathy that I am sure Jo will whip up something fabulous for Caleb's costume. I am so envious of sewing talent...though I tried hard to learn (my grandmother was a seamstress for a local clothing company), I still have nightmares of a horrendous olive green jumper I made in ninth grade! Jo, you are so creative and have the know-how, just like Kathy said, you'll come up with something great!

Tracie, I didn't know Walmart.com carried lots of good crafty stuff. Like Sus said," yet their scrap aisle is junky paper/stickers and cheap brand X stamps!" --at least my local store's is that way! gonna have to check it out! (you enabler, you!)

Ooooh, Angela, your annual shop, eat, shop, eat excursion sounds wonderful! So glad you enjoyed your time with your parents, and the story of "James" has me giggling this morning! (and I'm with Lynne...what is a "SNIP"?)
Old 11-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #1528
Gabfest Goddess

I have learned that if I type too much in one post it somehow goes to the place where lone socks from the dryer go, so I will have to post in short snippets, I guess .

Sus, I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your freedom with your new car!!! It's about time that you didn't have to share transportation!! But, do you find it's cutting into your crafty time, being out and about more?

I have been quite sick this week, two visits to the doc, some blood work...this morning is the first time I've felt somewhat normal. One good thing came of this though, is that my doctor wrote a note for me to have time off from work until December 1 (pending test results). If I continue to feel better, at least I will be home for Thanksgiving . For the first time in my adult life, Thanksgiving will be here (it was going to be at my house even if I was working). My MIL has not been doing well, and my BIL and his family from Cincinnati wanted to come up here to spend Tgiving with her. My SIL that is local always has a big thing on Christmas Eve for the family, and she didn't want to do turkey day, so my sweet DH offered our home and services. It will just be BIL and his family, SIL and her family, MIL, Tom, me and my parents. Still comes to 16 people, but that's okay. And BIL's wife offered to do lots of the prep and cooking, so that is helpful. anyway, it will be nice to have the entire Thanksgiving weekend off.

Those of you who don't have FB might not know that my godmother and dear aunt passed away this past Tuesday. My sister and I spent summers with her, and since she had no children of her own, she did alot of special things with and for my sister and I. She was a very vibrant and special lady....she always was very fashionable, and wore bright pink lipstick and her hair was always just perfect! And she just had the kindest heart. She would have been 87 next month, but suffered terribly from cancer the last month, so her passing ended her pain...she will be missed. The visitation is today and the funeral is tomorrow.

2013 hasn't been an especially great year for me (except for the birth of that beautiful granddaughter!!), but i am thinking that just means that 2014 is gonna be so much better!! nuff of the Debbie Downer...just wanted to get you caught up on my excuses for not being around lately.

Gotta check out that pic of the daughter who ran with one shoe!!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #1529
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, Ladies!

Linda and Patti -- so sorry to hear you both haven't been feeling well and hope you both feel better soon. I've heard the flu is nasty this year, but then again, when isn't it? Ugh!

Patti -- so sad to hear about your aunt; it sounds like you have lots of wonderful memories of a very special person. There are some people who make a huge impact in our lives, sometimes without even realizing it. Hugs going out to you!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #1530
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is finally the photograph of the awesome kit Angela sent me! Fun DPs. amazing embellies (I'd love to go shopping with you, Angela, because I have no idea where you find these terrific embellies!), two embossing folders (I didn't have either and love them both!), and adorable images plus sentiments. Also, a sweet card and yummy chocolate which I can finally eat since I've posted my thank you!!

Thank you so much for a kit that truly brightened my day, Angela!

Kathy -- your kit went out in the mail yesterday, so hope it makes it to you before Thanksgiving (hint, hint).
Attached Thumbnails
secret-sis-kit-oct-4-nov13.jpg   secret-sis-kit-oct-4-part-2-nov13.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #1531
Die Cut Diva

Patti-My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

And to both Linda and Patti-Feel better soon!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #1532
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!

Linda, glad you are feeling better! A *SNIP* is when you use "self promotional" language in a post and one of the mods deletes it! It's something I just learned about.... It was a statement about O2.

Patti, thinking of you too. My condolences on your aunt and I hope you are feeling better as well.

Jessica, I'm glad you liked your package! Please let me know if the candy bar is good...I thought of you right away when I saw it.

Heather, I bet that when the baby comes Claire will be a big help! My cousin had a baby this past week...now she has an 18 year old, a 7 year old, and a newborn! Her 7 year old is known for being pretty naughty, so I am guessing her hands will be full! Funny story about Davis/Ivy: Davis was just a few days old and I was holding him while sitting in the recliner. Ivy (age 1) came up, leaned over the arm of the chair, and was stroking his head (nicely) and said "Isn't he cute?". Next thing I know, she hits him on the head...hard...it happened so fast, that I couldn't react fast enough to stop her. Another time he was about 5 months old and they were having their Christmas pictures taken; they were on a vintage settee and she pushed him off onto the floor...face first! I didn't see that coming either....

Kathleen, did you find red sweat pants? I know that Russell makes them...we had to buy some when Davis was a lobster...check the sporting goods store.

I have never seen a Kinder Egg, but remember reading about them here before...they sound fun!

Today is the first day of 7 days off work...I celebrated by sleeping in until 7! We have a full day planned...cupcake order going out, "family cleaning session" (<---this means I "twist" everybody's arm and they "help" me clean), etc. I need to make a serious dent in the ornaments for the tree we are donating...they are 3D felt cupcakes; also need to go buy the rest of the stuff for the tree since it is now on sale.

Last night Ivy went to the Hunger Games with friends; it is the first time that we have let her go out at night with a friend driving. I was so nervous! Driving to another town, going to the late show, inexperienced driver, etc....my mind was running away from me. Marlyn read me the riot act because I let her go...my response to that was "Did you go out with your friends when you were a sophomore?" My rational self was thinking that we have a sensible kid and she has good friends who are also sensible...you need to give her some freedom. On the other hand, I was a nervous Nellie and was freaking out! Is this just me, or do all Moms think this way?

I had better get busy! Hope everyone has a super day!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #1533
Glitter Guru

Patti, sorry you have been so sick. Hope the days off allow you to rest and recover!

Linda, the stomach flu??!! That stinks. Really hope you are feeling better, too.

Jess, I was trying to comment on the cross country picture and it didn't post. Great pic, and what a fun story to tell. Very pretty young lady, too!

Angela, laughing at your stories. You told me the one about the photos when Finn and Lilah were really little, so funny what they do sometimes (as long as no one is really hurt)! I'm very overprotective (so my oldest tells me). He always says I keep him in a bubble. But, he is 9, I don't think he should be out roaming the neighborhood. I let him play outside without me, only with our one neighbor who I know isn't allowed to leave the street. It's scary. You never know when something could happen. But, you were right, Ivy is older and very responsible, I'm sure she will make good decisions. And you do have to give them some freedom. It's hard though!

I found some red cords at the Gap and some dark red wind pants at Children's Place. He went with the cords. Sadly the red shirt isn't the same shade of the cords, my OCD mind was really bothered, but I let it go. The cords are pretty odd looking, red cords?????!!!! But, oh well, he is ready to be a cranberry!

If anyone is looking for copics to round out your collection Carpe Diem is having a great sale! 4.19 each and free shipping over $50. Great price for them. Ends Dec. 2, I think.

Tracie, congrats to you DH on his upcoming retirement!

Off for a haircut and some food shopping for Thanksgiving. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #1534
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: I loved the story of Ivy pushing Davis off the seat. Caleb used to lean over TJ and stroke his arm softly, and then squeeze it REALLY hard when he thought no one was watching. I don't know why he was cranky about the baby. When TJ was born, Caleb got a ton of presents from my mother. It was like Christmas in July for him!

Aren't all mothers over-protective? I let Caleb play outside without me, but only in our yard (and part of lack of worry is the knowledge that my neighbor - a cop is usually out there with his daughter!)

My clan is all clustered around the TV. Today is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who. They are doing some sort of special.

Have a great Saturday.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #1535
Glitter Guru

Angela- The LINDT candy bar i got from you was (yes was ) VERY delicious. I LOVE white chocolate and with the lime and berry inside - YUMMIE !!
You don´t know Kinger Eggs ? Okay even if your kids are out of this age- i can send some with your package
I hope Ivy had a great evening and i bet everything works well and she came home safe, right ? You just have to trust and let her make their experiences. I have no children, but I also grew up ! I think it's important to remember his own teenage years.
We also wanted to go out with friends and have fun. Nothing more, nothing less

Patti - So sorry to hear about your aunt. Hugs to you !!

Jessica- Wonderful kit from Angela. You can make very nice christmas cards !

Kathy- I also need a haircut **lol** Tuesday is my day !! Glad you found some pants for your son. He will be a sweet cranberry

Joanna- I hope you had a great TV day !

Linda- Hope you are feeling better today.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #1536
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, I hope you are feeling better and I posted about your Aunt on fb so I am hoping you are doing better over your loss.

Angela, so proud of Ivy. I know she is making good decisions because of all you have told us about her. She is an awesome young lady with a good head on her shoulders. I love the stories you tell about Davis and Ivy, same with Joanna. Heather, Susanne. Jessica and Kathy all of you with kids still at home.

I am feeling just fine and we are waiting on Glenda and Choby to get in. They didn't leave home until an hour ago and it is a 10 hr drive so will be late when they get here. It is snowing in Dallas we heard and in Southern OK so they may end up stopping and stay in a hotel tonight as it is all going to go away tomorrow, clear skies and warm ground so it can't last long.

Have a great Sunday and stay warm.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #1537
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, what type of store did you go to buy the Lindt Lime candy bar you sent me? I loved it and can't find it anywhere but if you let me know where maybe I can order some online.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #1538
Stazon Splitcoast

Is everybody having a great weekend?

Kathleen, I agree with the color matching...it would bring out my OCD as well. I drive myself crazy sometimes, but it's hard to "let go" of something like that.

Imke, I agree; and I do remember when I was a kid. That's why I brought that up to Marlyn. I was going out every weekend, long before I was Ivy's age. This is just new for me, because I am used to toting her and her friends around. She made it home safely and had a good time so all is well.

Linda, are you looking forward to having your craft room cleaned and tidied?

The Lindt candy bars came from our Super Target. I ate a Pineapple/Coconut one the other day...it was really good.

Joanna, so glad to hear I am not the only one with a naughty child! LOL You know, our kids probably did more sneaky things than we realized....

Fast forward to now: What do you do with a 15 year old who is super sassy? She drives me nuts...always needs to have the last word, disagrees just because, and so on. We didn't spank our children (they didn't need it) and now I think she needs one and gosh darn it, she's too big for that! I have tried to find her currency and take away the things that matter, but that really doesn't phase her. Her leather riding boots went on "vacation" and I am thinking I may make it permanent...too bad they are too big for me! LOL Seriously, she really tries my patience; fortunately I am getting better at not saying anyting and walking away. Marlyn always reminds me that we have good kids...I can't imagine how I would deal with her if she caused real problems. When I was growing up, I wouldn't have dreamed of giving sass to my parents...or anybody else. Linda, what do you know about all of this? You are a Mom and Grandma to many....

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #1539
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I had to laugh! Denise was my sassy one, we fought all the time after she turned 13. Well, not all the time, she was always my best helper, cooked and had meals on the table when I got home from work when she was 13 but she had a big mouth that she couldn't keep shut at times. Steve had to have the last word no matter what and if I got him to stop talking he would come to me 6 mo later and say Mom, do you want to hear what really happened. He had to have the last word. Sherrill was good about not mouthing off but you could threaten all day long and she would not clean her room, someone always caved and did it for her so she wouldn't get grounded. Scott, wow, he pushed the limit on his time to be home. They all got better when they matured a little. I think the sassy just goes with 13-16 yr. olds. As they mature they do get better at the Sass. Steve still has to have the last word. My kids all got grounded or things taken away. They are all such great kids, if they are around they always help me with whatever needs doing. Scott loves to help me in the kitchen, Steve comes by several times a week to see if we need anything. Sherrill and all her kids help us with heavy housework or things Glenn needs help with. Denise is a great cook and when she is around she always cooks for us and makes jams for us and whatever we want. I'm just saying I am so glad I don't have to go through it again as I was alone because their Dad had died when Sherrill was 4. I didn't remarry until Sherrill the baby was 17 so it was tough at times. They turned out great. Pray a lot!

My craft room will not get cleaned. She knows it is off limits!!! I had a talk with her and even did it with no hard feelings. They will only stay with us tonight. They love staying in the state park in a cabin and that is where they will be from tomorrow on until next Sat. Of course they come in to town and see us everyday or we go out there.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #1540
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the Sassy talk is mainly girls.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #1541
Watercolor Wizard

Oh I think I was the sassiest of the 3 girls in my house! Nothing bad--but I had to break the code--with 3 older brothers being able to do stuff--I was the oldest girl so...I would say..."Why do the three boys get $10 in their Valentines cards and we only get $5 each in ours!!!" Or, I dated before my 3rd brother did (he was a shy guy)...so I had to wheel and deal about staying out until midnight on the weekends!!! (I was in HS) NOTHING passed me by--I also did a lot around the house--so it's not like nowadays where kids are glued to their electronic stuff and vegging on the couch!!! I always have to keep moving--Plus, I was the first kid of 6 to MOVE AWAY from home!!! Even my older bro's went to college and moved back...I left to CA at 23...school/work/got engaged/married and moved to MA! As soon as I left CA to move here--my 3rd bro moved to CA, then NY, then FL and now AZ! So call me trail-blazin' Susie! hahahaha

I agree..girls are much sassier than boy's! period! They just are--even K's friends are a lil' more than sassy to each other and their families! But, as they say...it's just a phase of growing up--kids need to test the waters...learn stuff on their own! I am so convinced of this--they see what goes on at others houses/homes/families and realize...hey I got it pretty darn good at home!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #1542
Stampin' Fool

Girls are definitely harder than boys. I know that I was really sassy!!!!!!!! I had 2 girls and a boy. My oldest Jennifer was the sassy one for sure. Nickie was middle and was so good, do anything she was told, ect. Chris the baby was a handful but not like his older sister Jen. I always said that they would pay for their raising, meaning that one of their children would be just as bad if not worse than them. Well, Jennifer has 2 teenage girls, Lexie is almost 17 and Annabelle is 14, and let me tell you Annabelle reminds me so much of her mother. She has a mouth on her for sure.
I think you just have to pick your battles, girls are just sassy but there is a limit to how much you can take as a parent. It helps that they are good kids!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA, been alot of sickness in our house. Gregg had pneumonia, Jasper has been really sick, he is taking breathing treatments, Nic has been sick and I watch Jens 2 smaller kids 3 hours a day and Annamarie has been sick. UHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather, your package is gonna be late, I am so sorry but my house has been crazy!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing ok!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:11 AM   #1543
Glitter Guru

As I see it has both advantages and disadvantages to not have children***lol***.

Yesterday I watched a handball game of my godchild. He is 13 and so does his team. The boys have made their game made with fouls, errors and deserved to lose. I'm sorry, but they were really played badly.
But the parents were the worst ! There was a lot of yelling, name-calling, each child was of course the best and has been treated unfairly. I could hardly believe it. Since I'm really glad that spared me

Linda / Angela- I also had the same think of a clean craft room ***smile*** I´m glad that she learned it to let your rooms as they are, Linda.

Denise- I hope all your kids are feeling better soon !!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #1544
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I can't believe it's Monday....

Denise, good to "see" you here! Sorry to hear that so many have been under the weather...hopefully things are on the upswing. So, about your theory on parents getting payback.... My Mom tells me that "you were never like that" when she hears Ivy give me sass; of course Ivy doesn't even show her the worst.

This morning it was, "Calm down, Mother." She was getting ready to iron a sweater and I asked her if she would like me to do it; I go over there to find that the iron is turned way up and calmly told her she would have burned her sweater (I know, I burned a wool sweater once). That's the newest one; it's not exactly what she says, but HOW she says it. It drives me crazy! Some day I should show her excited and "whipped up"...maybe that would make her stop...or not. LOL

Imke, sometimes the parents are so bad! Ivy and I joke about the "volleyball Mom's club"...there is a group of Moms who sit together and they have horrible behavior...they are critical and talk about the kids in a negative way; one time one of the Grandmas was sitting with them and she was calling players fat. A lot of volleyball players are sturdy girls...there's nothing wrong with that. One of my friends is a college volleyball coach and she told me when they recruit they look at a girls legs and gluts...they like them big...more strength and power! (Ivy is out of luck! LOL) Your godchild will get better; he and his team are young.

Better get busy...more felt cupcakes to make....

Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #1545
Watercolor Wizard

Crunch time! I purposely waited for today to do all my Thanksgiving shopping--

Have a great Monday everyone!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #1546
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Angela: I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I remember when I was snarky to MY mom. I promise, it will get better. I'm not sure when I the change occurred from me thinking my mother knew ABSOOLUTELY nothing to me thinking that my mom was the bomb.

I was a major sassy pants. It wasn't so much what I said but more the attitude I put into into it:

"Mooooooom" (just a word but the sass conveys just how stupid I thought she was!) Sending {{hugs}} your way. It will get better.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #1547
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I was like you. I remember my Mother telling me "Linda, its not what you say but how you say it". I feel so bad now when I think of how I talked to her sometimes and thought I knew more than she did. Denise came by it naturally.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #1548
Watercolor Wizard

Oh...'the tone in your voice' was another thing I got! Then I would come back with--what do I know--I am not an opera singer!! deliberate sass back!

My oldest sister's daughter was snarky towards ME when they were here to visit! I was appalled! I said, "Listen kiddo-save that stuff for your mom!" I think my sister was embarrassed--I said...well, I guess I feel akin since she gives me the same 'crap' she gives you--guess I am special--or we look so much alike that she forgot I was the nice auntie!!! haha

Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #1549
Watercolor Wizard

Who wants to hear something funny?
I was just over at our neighbor Bob/Sheryl's house visiting with Kermy (their cute dog)...They (the parents and daughter) are in California right now--visiting with other daughter and new grandbaby...So the TV would not work--via texts Bob got it going! Something stupid like the HD was not set...So I am all set--sitting w Kermy on their couch...watching FOX news...and I get a text...from Bob that say's..."How bout some football?"...........and the channel changes on the TV! FREAK-A-ZOID! How'd he do that? Those people with their smart phones--scared the ever livin' snot out of me!!! hahaha

Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #1550
Hardware Hotshot

Angela, my brother is four years younger than me and I can remember him about that age and I told my mom "I don't like him!" and she replied, "Well, I didn't like you much at that age either!"

Boy, did that shut me up.

Guess I couldn't do anything about it then, but it made me think. I guess I didn't realize how bad I was.....and I don't think I was really ever that bad!! I certainly didn't act out very much.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #1551
Die Cut Diva

Heather-My apologies that your package is late. I intend to have it out by the end of the week.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #1552
Stampin' Fool

My favorite teenage response is "WHATEVER" I heard it from my kids and now from my granddaughters!!!! UHG! I don't usually get the sassy end from them but I do from time to time.

Nic and I did our shopping yesterday and the store was still packed!!! We had Jasper and 2 teenage boys with us, but it was ok.

Annabelle and Lexie are coming to the house tomorrow to help start cooking! Annabelle has decided she wants to start learning how to cook. Her Momma doesn't cook much, she can but after working 8-12 hours a day and with her back injury she says she just can't. She has always made my Grandma Hazel's Pumpkin Sheet Cake for dinner but since she has to work late Wednesday I told her we would do it, but thankfully her daughter Annabelle wants to do it. YEA! Funny, I taught all my kids to cook, but Nic and Chris are the ones who love to cook.

I have to make a pumpkin pie with no cinnamon, 2 of my grandkids are allergic to cinnamon. Gabe (Nic's son and Atticus, Chris' son) I have always made Gabe one but this year he has to share with Atticus.

Kathy, you wanted the pumpkin sheetcake recipe? I will post for everyone. It is one of my families favorites left to us from my Mom's mom!!!!!

Pumpkin Sheet Cake
preheat oven 350 degrees grease and flour a large sheet pan

Cream together:
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
Add to creamed mixture

disolve 2 teaspoons baking soda in 1 tablespoon water
1 pt can pumpkin

Sift together
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Mix this into the wet mixture and pour into prepared sheet pan
cook for 20 min.

Icing:
1 stick butter
1 8oz softened cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Mix on high speed until all creamed together. Spread on cooled cake.

My kids don't like nuts (pecans or walnuts) but grandma always sprinkled chopped nuts on top of frosted cake.

If you make it let me know how you liked it!

My Mom (Linda's) favorite is her chocolate sheet cake, its good too, but my kids and grandkids love the pumpkin.

I hope everyone has a great day, I guess I need to add some pictures of the not so little baby's. The are all getting so big. Jasper loves the christmas lights that are already up in the stores, I have a feeling it will be crazy with our tree this year.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1553
Stampin' Fool

Default Pictures of my family

Its been awhile since I have posted pictures of my family so I was taking a break and thought I would share. Some of these are from Halloween and I know that those of you who are my friends on fb have seen these. There is a group picture of Nickie with her kids, it also has her ex husband in it. They do alot of family stuff with their kids even though the have been separated for 5 years. It has made a world of difference in how the boys attitudes are. So that is who Joe is, this was a dinner with all of our kids and grandkids for Gregg and my anniversary in October. I hope you enjoy them.
Jasper has learned to crawl our of his crib, it wouldn't be a problem but afraid of him really getting hurt because he has gotten stuck between the dresser and the crib, so Nickie and her oldest took it down and put the toddler bed up. He loves the toddler bed. Annamarie also loves the toddler bed, she pushes him out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
annabelle-aunt-nickie-gabe.jpg   annamarie.jpg   annamarie-2-.jpg   atticus-mike-knight-big-brother-austin.jpg   back-row-gabe-austin-holding-jasper-standing-rhys-front-green-atticus..jpg  

cousins-annamarie-jasper.jpg   cousins-atticus-jasper.jpg   gregg-i.jpg   jasper-his-new-toddler-bed.jpg   jennifer-nickie.jpg  

Old 11-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #1554
Stampin' Fool

Just a few more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
jennifer-annamarie-atticus.jpg   john.jpg   john-big-sister-lexie.jpg   nickie-gabe-austin-joe-rhys-jasper-john.jpg  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #1555
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, great family photos; the kids are growing up! Pumpkin sheetcake sounds wonderful; will have to try that. Pretty much anything pumpkin is good! I am making a pumpkin cheesecake with caramel, nuts, and toffee on top.

So glad to hear that so many have experience with the sass...I feel better to know that I am not alone! LOL

Heather, too funny what your mother said...I suppose she wanted to make you think and she did!

Denise, I don't hear "whatever", I hear "fine".
Me: "Good morning, Ivy!"
Ivy: "Fine."
or
Me: "What would you like.....?"
Me: "Fine is not the answer, it's a yes or no question."
You get the drift...it drives me nuts!

And what is the stubborn behavior all about? Yesterday was a wrestling event and the cheerleaders had their picture taken too. When she came home I noted that her skirt was all askew; it has a zipper in the back and a dart on both sides of the zipper. In the front is a vent on one side. When she had tried her uniform on for me I told her that the skirt needed to be adjusted; she promptly told me that "this is how the coach says to wear it". I tried telling her again yesterday...the zipper goes in the middle, etc. Of course she wanted to argue. As she would say, "fine"; I've decided if she wants to go around looking like a nutball who doesn't know how to dress herself, it's okay with me! LOL I really can't wait to see if the others look like nutballs too....

What are you all making/serving for Thanksgiving? I am making spinach salad, sweet potato casserole (not the marshmallow kind, this is mashed, tastes like pumpkin pie, and has a crunchy nut topping on it...so yummy!), cheesecake, and I need to think of an hors d'oeuvre.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #1556
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: if it is not life-threatening, I say, let her look like an idiot.

We are having vegetables and dip, and deviled eggs to start. Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, spinach salad and potato rolls (good heavens it's a "lotta" starch but god forbid, someone not get THEIR favorite kind of starch.) I may or may not make the remus boogers. We already have a HUGE amount of food and while everyone takes a little bit, I wonder if no one would mind it NOT being on the table. Then we finish off with pies: pumpkin, pecan and apple. No wonder everyone in this family either jogs or is chubby!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1557
Watercolor Wizard

My cable has been playin' games with our system all day on/off....I'll catch up tomorrow in between cookin' n bakin'!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #1558
Glitter Guru

Where are Lexie´s red hairs ? I liked it.

Awesome pictures. With all these little ones i can imagine your house is full everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie0090 View Post
Just a few more pictures.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #1559
Glitter Guru

You make me laugh !- but you´re right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Angela: if it is not life-threatening, I say, let her look like an idiot.

We are having vegetables and dip, and deviled eggs to start. Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, spinach salad and potato rolls (good heavens it's a "lotta" starch but god forbid, someone not get THEIR favorite kind of starch.) I may or may not make the remus boogers. We already have a HUGE amount of food and while everyone takes a little bit, I wonder if no one would mind it NOT being on the table. Then we finish off with pies: pumpkin, pecan and apple. No wonder everyone in this family either jogs or is chubby!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #1560
Glitter Guru

As it sounds, you are all very busy with the preparations for tomorrow's Thanksgiving meal. Everything sounds delicious. Is that all for Lunch or for Dinner ?

And "Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving, right ? Any special plan to buy ? There are always great deals.
Closed Thread