Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #1481
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - The advent show sounds like alot of fun. I am going to a holiday sale today that several co-workers are putting on. Everything will be homemade from jars of canned goods to jewelry.

Heather - I have your package all ready to go and realized I forgot to add a card from me. You will know that it is from me when you get it. Sorry about that. Now I am working on putting Lynne's together.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #1482
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I just found something today that I wasn't sure if everyone was aware of. Did you all know that Walmart.com carries alot of stamps/paper/etc. I was looking for the Graphic 45 calendar set and found it at Walmart where I can just ship to store and there is one 1/2 mile from my house that I can pick it up. They carry Art Impressions, Magnolia, Technique Tuesday, etc. If you are looking for papers (Heartfelt Creations, Bo Bunny, etc.) you might want to check there.

Joanna - Are you watching the game tonight? Wonder who will win? Chiefs or Broncos.

Meljen's Designs
Vickie Y, Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #1483
Hardware Hotshot

The Broncos of course!

(she says with more confidence than she feels) It should be a great game Tracie. Both teams are really good this year.

I have to drive my friend back to the airport this afternoon but I should be back soon enough to watch the game.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #1484
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna and tracie, Glenn and Denise are big Bronco fans but Scott is a die hard KS Chiefs fan and so are his two sons.

That's cool to know about Walmart.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #1485
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Accckk! We just spent the past 20 minutes in our crawl space! Bad storm went through, worse winds since we've lived in this house! But, looking outside there doesn't seem to be any damage surrounding us other than some limbs and leaves down! Looks like lots of damage in Illinois and some other towns around our area in Indiana. I really didn't like being in the crawl space; my imagination kept running wild like the whole house caving in on us, but DH explained damaging winds usually take the upper level and leaves the floors. Hope everyone here in the Midwest remain safe as these storm cells travel eastward. Hopefully, the cells will lose power as they move.

Lights are flickering, so will go for now.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #1486
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Glad to hear you are okay Vickie. I would be worried about my craft supplies. It would cost me a fortune to replace everything I have. HA!

Joanna - I don't hold out much hope for the Chiefs but you never know. Going to be a good game for sure.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #1487
Die Cut Diva

Vickie we were prepared for the worst but the storm passed over pretty quick..no tornadoes here but wached them on television. Never thought about the crawl space, I'm probably too big to fit anyway. LOL
Old 11-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #1488
Watercolor Wizard

Glad you gals are OKAY! Need to hear from Jess....isn't she close to IL? {I don't have the list of addy's near by...anyone else?} I am from a south burb of Chicago--just ck'd with my people and they said it hit the southern part of IL.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 11-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #1489
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening!

Vickie, glad to know you are safe! Our old house had a crawl space...I was never brave enough to go in there; if we had bad weather, the nice neighbors from across the street always invited us over. Thank goodness for our nice basement now.

Thank you for the comment on the baby card; I fell in love with those cute baby shoes when I saw them. I'm not sure why, but I love making baby cards. Did you get the free vintage fan set too? I thought it was cute and fun.

Jessica, I'm hoping Andrea had good weather for the race and a successful day.

Susanne, how did class go? I would love to come to one of the classes that you or Tracie teach!

Imke, you are talking about planning your cards when you use a digi.... Do you ever have a "great" plan and you finish and your card is ugly? It happens to me all the time! LOL So frustrating!

We were out of town this weekend; my parents take Ivy and I on a yearly shopping trip. We shop, eat, shop, eat...you get the picture! Such fun, but I came home exhausted. Working on the laundry and getting the house in order. I did buy a fun item: there is a scrapbook store I love to go to and they had a cute, little Christmas album displayed designed by one of the staff. It was for the month of December...days 1-25...and you could buy a kit to make it complete with pictures and instructions; it included a cute My Mind's Eye pad and had a bunch of coordinating accessories. It looks like I will just need a paper trimmer and adhesive. Since I am a Project Life flunkie, I am going to see if I can complete this...I like that it is a small project and I just have to follow directions.

Okay, off to see if I can find a good movie to watch...I want to curl up with a warm blanket and relax.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #1490
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, something funny happened when we were shopping.... I tease my Dad and call him "James"...the chauffeur. Anyway, he pulled up to pick us up and Ivy was still loading things in the back but my Mom and I were in the car. He starts to drive away! Oh good gracious, we laughed and laughed...poor "James" will never live that down. He got teased about running over Ivy for the rest of the weekend.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Susanne527 likes this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #1491
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad everyone is safe. No wonder there are storms. Thurs. and Friday AM we started the day off at 26 degree and it got up to to the 70's. Unbelievable and then last night I was opening windows trying to stop sweating. It was 78 degrees at ll:00PM...and hot all night. I had windows open all over the house and now it is cooling off again. Crazy!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #1492
Die Cut Diva

I don't envy any of you that are in that stifling heat. I may not enjoy our vast quantities of snow, or the treacherous ice, but I am immensely thankful I'm not hot and roasting to death. At least by the time I'm sick of one season, it's usually time for the weather/season to change. I like to say that the only thing I consistently complain about is the weather.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #1493

Good morning!

Angela, I think I was more frightened of the crawl space than the winds! My overactive imagination kept telling me that the whole house would end up on top of us; it's a very confining space (if it could be made into a full basement I would have an awesome craft room! LOL)

MIL Hazel lives in another town that had a lot of damage. Her housing addition received a lot of damage as did her home, shingles are gone and siding is damaged; BIL who lives 3 houses from her lost part of his roof and lots of siding damage. the house directly across the street from Hazel was totally destroyed. Everyone is okay, thankfully.

I have an eye appointment today and foot doctor appointment tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #1494
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, Ladies!

First off, I want to thank Angela for the amazing happy mail waiting for me when we came home from the Nike Cross meet in Indiana! I will post a real thank you with photos soon.

The weather had us very nervous since the meet was held out in the middle of the country with no real structures nearby. No major issues, though -- just a very muddy course and winds gusting to 35 mph which made a tough course even more challenging!

Back home everyone was fine, although a F4 touched down about 40 miles away, killing two people. Very sad.

On a brighter note, Andrea really enjoyed the race and now has quite the story to tell of her last high school cross country race because the mud sucked off one of her shoes just a few yards from the start lane. That crazy girl ran the entire 3.1 miles in her sock and only one shoe!! And she still finished exactly where we were expecting, too.

Andrea is the middle girl in the photo, in the white shirt and wearing one of the whale headbands I made for all the girls.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1495
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome photo of Andrea, Jessica! She is one tough kid, running without her shoe (love that you can see her muddy sock in the shot!); sounds like she had a great end to a great season. (What a gorgeous head of hair she has too!)

Linda, isn't it crazy to have that high of temps in November? We have 40's-50's here, which is really nice. Funny, our we've had rain and our grass now looks lush and green again.

Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1496
Hardware Hotshot

I know! My favorite part was the muddy sock aspect too!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #1497
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Jessica - Loved the picture. You are right. She will always remember that.

Does anyone have Lynne's address?

I just put Heather's kit in the mail. Now I am ready to work on Decembers.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #1498
Stazon Splitcoast

I PM'd you, Tracie.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #1499
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--I am working on your kit! Between my class, my tag swap, my late kits from earlier, these (2) Advent Calendars and my Elf swap--I am like in a scrap store everyday and get confused with what I am suppose to buy!!! Today, K and I went to the Christmas Tree Store (discount items--not the nice ornament store in Boston)...anyway, I said..."Look for Boston theme things" and she came back with a very nice crab style bottle opener and a cute canvas bag with a crag on it--I said...darn..wish they were lobstah's!!! All this Christmas stuff is making my face itchy in these stores--aaack!

Anyway, off to work on these calendars--one is a gift for my sister in AZ...

Jess--great photo/love the muddy sock!

Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #1500
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies, some crazy good sales at MFT this morning on lots of dienamics and stamps. Just thought I would enable everyone here, lol!
Susanne527 likes this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1501
Watercolor Wizard

Just saw the Shark Tank feed on my FB...Have you heard of "Chocomize"...Google it...hahaha Just what the world needs customized Belgium chocolate bars!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #1502
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Hey ladies, some crazy good sales at MFT this morning on lots of dienamics and stamps. Just thought I would enable everyone here, lol!
Saw this Kathy--my sis wants the set of #'s...and AE has them in stock--but shipping vs driving down there--about the same for me! I might take another lookieloo!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #1503
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks a lot, Kathleen! LOL

I was surprised when they called to flex me this morning, because we have been very busy and working short almost every day. It worked out well though, because Ivy had her appointment to check her heart and I was able to go to that. She is now scheduled for another echo. and they are making the referral for the Pediatric Cardiologist who comes here once a month. We may or may not have to travel for that appt.; it depends on the timing. The Dr. here wants it taken care of in case she needs cardiac intervention before the spinal surgery in February.

I am crossing my fingers that I get to stay home because Davis has a basketball game at 4:00. I wasn't able to ask for his games off because I didn't know in time, so I am really hoping that I get to go today.

*SNIP*

Last edited by vz5dzh; 11-20-2013 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: Self promotional language
Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #1504
Die Cut Diva

Yay! Happy mail is coming my way! I don't mean to sound so juvenile, but my mailman hasn't brought anything I weeks. Not even bills! NOT that I am at all sorry about that last part.

Oh, if this post seems out of left field, it's because it's a response to Taclary posting that she was mailing my kit soon. I don't know how to do that thing where you highlight or quote somebody else's previous post in your own post.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #1505
Die Cut Diva

In case it isn't apparent, I'm not so good with technology. For example, I have quite a few pictures of cards that I would love to upload, but getting them from the camera to the computer, to SCS seems like an insurmountable task. Good Grief! Everyone else seems to do it easily. LOL.
Kathleen Curry likes this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #1506
Glitter Guru

I hear you Lynne, it's not that hard, but it took me forever to figure it out. If you ever need help uploading a card, I could talk you through it. I'm so bad with technology, but after a few times, I caught on. Really wish I was more tech savvy!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #1507

JCI to say hello; foot doctor appointment...yuck! I have a nail fungus under big toe nail; got a topical for it, but after talking to DH decided to do the laser surgery to remove it. So, will call tomorrow and schedule it.

Susanne, it is always fun to anticipate the arrival of goodies in the mail!

Need to find something to fix for dinner; am low on everything so will have to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #1508
Die Cut Diva

Vickie-Ugh!! Bet you'll be glad to have that fixed.

Kathleen-I will take you up on that offer sometime.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #1509
Hardware Hotshot

Lynne:
How you get the pictures uploaded kinda depends on two things: the kind of camera and your computer.

I used to use a camera but I could never find the cord that allowed me to connect the camera to the computer. So now I use my smart phone. I take a picture of it and then either "sync" with my computer using ... a cord. Or if I can't FIND the cord, I e-mail the picture to myself and then extract it from the e-mail on my computer.

Kathy: I hope to have your kit in the mail tomorrow.

Vickie: Blah, I hate toenail fungus. Because DH runs, he gets them. The last time he had one, the topical cream his doctor prescribed took FOREVER to finally work.

Caleb came home with an assignment to write a speech in the manner of Henry Hudson. He has to dress up like him and then pretend that he is HH and act out some sort of mini-play in which he presents the facts about his life. Caleb wants to pretend to be talking to a Supreme Court justice or some other judge because HH was put ashore in Canada by mutineers and was never heard from again. Caleb is angry about the unfairness of "his" death and wants the mutineers punished. I'm stressed out about his costume. Hudson lived in the time when they wore those big frilly neck things. How the heck am I going to make one of those? All right peeps ... I need suggestions?!!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #1510
Glitter Guru

How long i was not here ? Weeks or just one or two days ? ***lol***

Vickie - Iīm so glad that you are safe and donīt touched from the tornado. I saw terrible pictures in the news. I did not know that you can lase a nail fungus ?!

Jessica- Glad you are safe too. I take a look of the picture before i read your text and thought : The girl in the middle has only 1 shoe**smile** Wow, respect to Andrea for running this run with 1 shoe ! She is a beautiful girl Have fun with Angelaīs Kit.

Tracie- Yes, the advent show was very nice. I have ONLY bought a plant and two large pine cones for decoration. In this nursery there were great antiques and DH has bought an old tea kettle. As you can see it in a Western movie. This is really original. My husband has a fondness for old things.

Joanna- Sorry i canīt help you with the costume. I do not know the man and do not know what he was wearing You are a sewing genius, you'll make it !!

Lynne- Have fun with your kit !

Kathy- Really great special prices for the MFT dies ! I currently have no must-have. Maybe I'm overstimulated because I have no desire to buy anything. Good for my wallet
I recently got a PTI order and that was something I really wanted. 2 DIES (Wonderful Words: Hello and Birthday Die) and a stamp set (Delightufl Dahlia Additions)

Angela- About planning cards with a digi image. I actually do not plan anything***lol****I meant, I have to plan it exactly when I want to do for example Paper Piecing with a digi. Then I have to print the image on DP too. Or if i want to print a sentiment on DP. For that i must have a plan what kind of DP i want to use and so on. If i use a REAL stamp i can do that individually. Thatīs what i like about real stamps.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #1511
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I was lucky enough to get to go to Davis' ballgame, but the opposing team didn't have it on their calendar and didn't show up! So they scrimmaged instead. I saw an old friend who I used to cut hair with...she has a boy in Davis' class...so that was fun to catch up.

Joanna, I made a ruffle type collar for Ivy's pirate costume once...it hung down in front like a bib. I bought some wide layered lace and it worked well and looked nice. Not so sure a boy would want lace though....

I got a *SNIP*! Guess I made a faux pas.... I had no idea....

Old 11-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #1512
Glitter Guru

Thanks so much to Imke, ro a beautiful kit! Love everything. The PTI labels and die are so fun, beautiful cardstock and Basic Gray papers, ribbon, pearls, flowers, dimensionals (my favorite thing ever), cool die cuts of trees in paper and felt, love these. Everything is so well coordinated and matching, it will be such fun to make cards with it.

And the biggest hit, Kinder eggs for the kids. They were super excited to open them, so fun and they have never had those before! Oh, and I can't forget some chocolate for me, with hot pepper and cherry filling. Can't wait to try it, it is something I would have picked out to try myself.

Thanks so much Imke, you made a great kit that I can't wait to use!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #1513
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
And the biggest hit, Kinder eggs for the kids. They were super excited to open them, so fun and they have never had those before! Oh, and I can't forget some chocolate for me, with hot pepper and cherry filling. Can't wait to try it, it is something I would have picked out to try myself.
Shhhhh...you actually can't send those across the border to the US.

Unless they were the smaller, solid chocolate ones?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #1514
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I just found something today that I wasn't sure if everyone was aware of. Did you all know that Walmart.com carries alot of stamps/paper/etc. I was looking for the Graphic 45 calendar set and found it at Walmart where I can just ship to store and there is one 1/2 mile from my house that I can pick it up. They carry Art Impressions, Magnolia, Technique Tuesday, etc. If you are looking for papers (Heartfelt Creations, Bo Bunny, etc.) you might want to check there.

Joanna - Are you watching the game tonight? Wonder who will win? Chiefs or Broncos.
I went and had a look--could not believe that Wal-mart carries all this stuff--and yet their scrap aisle is junky paper/stickers and cheap brand X stamps!!! WOW huh? I like who they ship it to a store for you too!

Old 11-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #1515
Watercolor Wizard

Can you all tell I have a car again? I am never around--I am zippin' all over the place running all those errands that I have neglected from being car-less!!!

Catching up here--Angela--I am going to post a photo of your kit--but my desks have freshly painted Advent Calendar wood pieces all over the place--I am in a made rush to get these done and in the mail for Dec--need to go buy wood glue tomorrow!!! Hopefully it will come together fast-still need to paint the #'s--what a project--word to the wise--do this project in August...not November!

Has anyone done the "Circle Explosion Book" by Pinecone Press? I bought 2 blanks on the AE sale table--and watched a vid on Youtube--looks like yet another fun project! I may pick up some more--thinking it would be a cool birthday project for someone! These kits were just blank white--but I am seeing Graphic 45 papers on this project!!!

Let me catch up to all of you...reading now! Have a great Thursday---1 week until Thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #1516
Hardware Hotshot

I have to share some Claire. We were putting her to bed tonight DH and Claire had this conversation.

DH: "Claire, what kind of big sister are you going to be?"
C: "Hmmmmmmm"
DH: "Are you going to be a good big sister?"
C: "Nope."

LOL. I might have to agree with her. The cat was sitting my lap tonight. Claire spotted him and asked to come up. I had both happily on my lap until Claire showed her true intentions and tried to shove him off. He fought back, but she was really trying to get her hands under his butt to push him off!!

We might be in for some adjustment!!!
MommaPatti and Queenbee Jo like this post.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #1517
Glitter Guru

I can !!!

I know that it does not exist in the U.S. but that they are banned, I do not know. If I know that someone has little children, I always send Kinder Eggs. So far, the Customs has never been confiscated.

Hey, itīs just yummie chocolate with a little toy in a plactic egg !

Do you get it in Canada ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Shhhhh...you actually can't send those across the border to the US.

Unless they were the smaller, solid chocolate ones?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #1518
Glitter Guru

You are very welcome, Kathy !!

I was sure the kids will like it. I think every kid loves them ***lol***

Great that you like the kit. You asked about the punched tree parts. Yes, it is made with the Papertrey Ink " Trendy Tree Tops" stamp set and the matching dies.

Quote:
Thanks so much to Imke, ro a beautiful kit! Love everything. The PTI labels and die are so fun, beautiful cardstock and Basic Gray papers, ribbon, pearls, flowers, dimensionals (my favorite thing ever), cool die cuts of trees in paper and felt, love these. Everything is so well coordinated and matching, it will be such fun to make cards with it.

Thanks so much Imke, you made a great kit that I can't wait to use!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #1519
Glitter Guru

Heather- about Claireīs statement. She will learn to be a big sister- she has no choice **just kidding** My brother and SIL has bought a lot of books. Stories about a new baby in the family, You get a sibling etc. I think it makes all a bit more understandable for the younger kids.

Susanne- Itīs great that your car makes such a joy. Without you are really lost. Have fun with Angelaīs kit.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #1520
Glitter Guru

Imke, there is an Australian man who makes utube videos reviewing lego sets. The kids like to watch to learn about all the parts/pieces in the sets. Well, one time he did a little video on the Kinder eggs, and we had never seen them in person. So when they arrived, they were completely amazed. Really fun and cool concept with the candy and the prize! Thanks again, a huge hit!

Love the PTI tree die cuts. It's funny, when I saw the set on the PTI site, I just passed over it, but in person it's so cool, especially in felt. Thanks so much!
Closed Thread