Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree286Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #921
Die Cut Diva

Tracie glad you like the kit!! The rocking chair is a Lockhart stamp and the pumpkins are A Day for Daisies. Not sure about the basket of apples. I used a friends stamp to make the images.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #922
Hardware Hotshot

OMGEEEE, Archiver's carrying Taylored Expression dies locally! Yay. Now if only they would carry MFT dies.

I had decided that I wanted to do "Locks of Love" but was sad to read that they don't take highlighted hair. What a bummer.

I don't know if I told you guys but my friend with breast cancer has had the cancer return but this time as tumors in her brain. I've been flying out there recently to be with her. I wish there was something more I could do other than fly out and send cards tho. Vickie ... do have any suggestions of what I can do?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #923
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Joanna, so sad to hear this news about your friend. I think what you are doing with the visiting and cards is soooo very thoughtful and I'm sure much appreciated. I don't really have any suggestions on what more to do. Friendship is the most important gift a person can give, and you are at the top of the list for being there for her across the miles. Hugs to you dear friend for keeping in touch with her.
Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #924

My rememberer is not working! Linda, have you been one of my secret sisters in the past?? I don't recall that I've sent to you before! I want to slip something special into your kit that I've sent to others in recent past, so just want to make sure I'm not duplicating something I've already sent! Hope this makes sense!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #925
Gabfest Goddess

Here's the photos from the card "kit" I received from Angela. I use the term "kit" very loosely, since, as you can see, it was jam packed full of goodies...I can probably make a dozen or more cards.

And Angela, you were right, those Lindt chocolates were an excellent, yummy sub for my Simply Caramel bars. Even though there is a bag in the photo, it was empty. Didn't take me long to scarf down those goodies (well, I did share!)

Thank you again, Angela, for the awesome box of fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
card-kit-angela-009.jpg   card-kit-angela-010.jpg  
Old 09-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #926
Gabfest Goddess

I don't think I'll ever learn to keep up around here. Just read back on the posts since I popped in on Monday to let Angela know that her kit arrived. I just don't spend much time on the computer...don't visit blogs very often (sorry, girls, I have all of your blogs bookmarked, but I just don't surf much). And I am amazed at all the design teams and stampin' websites you all know about!! This is a great group for all kinds of crafty information!!

This group has three "From the Heart" DT members?? And I know Linda and Kathy and Imke....more than that I think, are on Design Teams...what a talented group we have! When I read the congrats to Angela, I used the link on Imke's signature to check out FTH. But I haven't gotten into digis...think it's because I don't have a good understanding on how to resize them. I don't have Photoshop, and not sure what I would need to do it. Is it very difficult? Can someone give me an online tutorial? If I could resize easily, I would certainly start buying digistamps. Like Imke says, easily stored, too!

I agree with Tracie that you are also very good enablers, too, giving out sites where to order stuff!!!! Polka dot die...the Stampinbella Senoir-itas (those are really cute, and remind me of some of those AI Oldies!) Thanks to Linda and Kathy for giving some online stores where Stampinbellas can be purchased, since their website is so slow. I've noticed that my local Archiver's carries some Stampinbellas, but I don't think they have the newest releases yet.

Jo, last night at dinner, my DD and her hubby were talking about an eventual move, depending on where he will get a residency once he graduates from med school. And I was thinking of you, because they both really like Colorado (though my DH says "I'm not moving to a place with wildfires, floods, hail, snow...") But we are very bonded to our Daniel, and since Matt will graduate from med school around the time Tom and I hope to retire, I am thinking we will probably move where DD's family does. We shall see...it's a few years away, that's for sure!

Kathy, I hope you are feeling better and that the cold didn't get the best of you full on! And hoping Ivy is on the mend, too. I can't believe the volleyball coach was kind of an idiot about her missing practice/game when she was sick!

Pat, those images you sent Tracie were awesome! I really like a lot of the Lockhart stamps, they are my "taste" I guess .

Vickie, what a pain that you have to have that blood redrawn!! I get angry when the lab goofs up and we have to redraw our babies...those little tiny ones have so little blood to spare. We've actually had to transfuse our preemies just from having so much blood drawn! And I know that we are all human, and make mistakes (I worked in a medical lab as a tech before I became a nurse), but the lab at our hospital is really bad. Anyway, enough whining here....but I do sympathize with you on the redraw!!

Sus, glad to hear K is taking a class! And even better that Patrick was so sweet and thoughtful to send her a text congratulating her! And happy to hear that Patrick is doing well and enjoying himself! AND!! that you and Tom and having a blast as empty nesters!!

Tracie, that $244 credit for your work for the LSS sounds wonderful! What fun it must have been to spend some of that hard-earned money!

Time for me to get off the computer and get some stuff done around here. I finally sold my mom and dad's house, and we are going through the last of the stuff that they had stored there. Mom has a huge plastic bin full of papers that I need to go through to make sure nothing important is in there. And I need to do laundry so I have scrubs to wear next week. I work Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday this upcoming week, then I have a week of VACATION!!! Not really going anywhere, the time off work will give me time to do some work around the house. Then, later in the week we are going to Columbus to see the PGA President's Cup. I will be spending my 60th birthday in Columbus...Tom and I got a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night. Rachel, Matt and Daniel will come down Friday and we will go out to a fancy dinner that night. On Saturday, the boys will go see the golf tourney, and Rachel and I will go to the spa and do some shopping. I am sooooo looking forward to this!

So, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Stay healthy, friends!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #927
Gabfest Goddess

When Angela sent my kit, she asked about Daniel and Esme, so I decided to post a couple recent photos of my two adorable grandchildren .

Esme's photo was taken on her eight month birthday, September 17. Her mom is so good about taking photos and videos and sending them along to me. Every month on the 17th she takes a picture with Esme and the little lamb so I can see how much Esme has grown. She started crawling last week, and a few days ago, when Brittani went into the baby's room in the morning, Esme was standing up in her crib! Look out, baby on the move!

Daniel's picture is from his first day of first grade, August 19. He is so proud to be a first-grader! Don't you just love the "faux-hawk" hairdo?

Anyways, thanks for letting me brag about the grandbabies!
Attached Thumbnails
phone-photos-156.jpg   phone-photos-172.jpg  
leslie0090 likes this post.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #928
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
My rememberer is not working! Linda, have you been one of my secret sisters in the past?? I don't recall that I've sent to you before! I want to slip something special into your kit that I've sent to others in recent past, so just want to make sure I'm not duplicating something I've already sent! Hope this makes sense!
No, you have never had my name as a SS before. Sounds exciting!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 09-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #929
Glitter Guru

Patti- Do you have the programm Mircrosof WORD on your computer ? I used it to print digis. I attach my digi image (a file) to a Word document. Then you double click on the image and you can change the size. You dont need Photoshop for it.

AND Daniel is such a sweetie and i love his hairstyle- very cool ! And sweet little Esme....hug alarm !!! Thanks for sharing !

Beautiful kit from Angela- enjoy it !
Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #930
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, so glad to see recent photos of Esme and Daniel. I love his faux mohawk. Very cute kids, I know you are so proud of them.

Jo, So sorry for all you friend has been through. She is in my prayers. I agree with what Vickie said about how important friendship is.

Patti, I'm not on FTH DT, didn't even try out but I do love their stamps. I think you would love digi stamps. All you have to have is Microsoft Office Word to print digi images. I'll see if I can find a tutorial and send it.

JO, Kathy, Angela anyone with an IPad. I am desperate for help. I downloaded the new IOS 7 because it popped up on my open page. Now I can't open any of my books and I was planning to read the day away. I am so frustrated and mad. It tells me to delete the book and re download it. I did delete the book and now have gone to my book list Amazon and tried to download again and it is not happening. If I knew how to take the new IOS off I would.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 09-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #931
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - I am no help. I haven't downloaded the new IOS yet on my IPAD. Waiting for them to correct any issues they might have. So far I haven't had to. I always get frustrated to when they add new stuff and the old doesn't work. Probably why I have a Kindle to read my books instead of IPAD.

Patti - Those grandkids are just adorable. I love the kit you got from Angela. Her kits are always so amazing. I wish I could do the whole matching match thing she does. So cute.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #932
Watercolor Wizard

Patti!!! So good to see you. I always feel so relieved when YOU get a vacation--feel like you are always set at 90mph! Your babies are adorable--Esme is so big already--wow-those first months they double in size--and sitting up! Precious...Daniel--love the MMMwak! Patrick's hockey team would do that every year for their final awards banquet --too cute!

So, I guess we all have to move to Colorado now? We want to see some wild pictures of you in your Halloween glasses! Have fun next weekend!

Today, Tom had "custody" of the Patriot's Game tickets for tomorrow--asked me if I wanted to go...I said, "Oh honey, I am sure there are men that would kill to go (Playing Tampa Bay)...please don't waste a ticket on me! So, he checked with Shane (down in Bridgewater U (1.5 hours from here) and Shane said YES!!! So, as we were headed to the grocery store--I said...Wait, text him back--tell him we'll all come down take him out for dinner and give him the tickets tonight! Done! We had fun--although my fish was rather bland with that typical New England bland batter...it was good to see my boy! His roommates have never been to Gillette Stadium/Patriot's game...so it's good that someone who appreciates it is getting to use the tix!

I know what Mrs. Nice Vickie is makin' for Linda!!! You will love it!

Excellent kit Patti/Angela!

Off to chill and watch a movie!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 09-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #933

Patti, the little ones are adorable; they grow soooo fast!

Great kit from Angela, Patti!

I'll post when Linda's kit is postal; almost have it finished (Susanne, you guessed it!)

Bed time. Tomorrow I need to finish my DD wedding bouquet and the wristlet for DGD. I'll post a picture when done!

This is a for fun picture...guess it could be called my family of coffee! LOL There's Moon Pie in front (and almost gone!), Dunkin Donuts Triple Berry, Cracker Barrel Pumpkin Pecan Spice, Dunkin Donuts Coconut, LaCreme Banana Nut Bread, Cracker Barrel Sea Salt Caramel, LaCreme Peanut Butter, and Michigan Cherry. I think it will be Banana Nut Bread flavor in the morning!

Hope everyone has a relaxing night.
Attached Thumbnails
my-coffee-addiction-vky.jpg  
Old 09-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #934
Die Cut Diva

Vickie one of my friends got me the Cracker Barrel coffee Pecan Pumpkin Spice, isn't it wonderful!! I'll need to try the Sea Salt Caramel!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #935
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - Boy would I love to try all those flavors of coffee. There you go enabling again. I am still working on the Strawberry Shortcake. Yum! Nothing better than flavored coffee.

Went to a car show yesterday with SIL & BIL and DH. They had 1900 cars there. Perfect weather. Had a great time. The food was yummy. Grilled Pork Tenderloins that were huge and fresh strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce. Didn't have room for the fudge and kettle corn. Next time I guess.

Packing for vacation today. Worst part is deciding which crafts to take. Probably take my copics and color if I get the chance.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 09-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #936

Have a relaxing vacation, Tracie.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #937
Hardware Hotshot

Linda: I've heard not much good about the new operating system so I've waited to install it. I would delete the Nook/Kindle app and then sync it with your computer to re-install it. Your books should show up then. I don't know about the BOOK you deleted ... maybe that one will re-install. I've had my Nook app poop out and I did this and it fixed the problem. Good luck sweetie. Nothing is worse than planning to read and not being able to get to the book you WANT to read!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #938
Hardware Hotshot

HA!! Patti, your DH's comment made me giggle so much!! We HAVE had our share of woes lately. I think we are good for the next 100 years tho.

BUT, it is beautiful here aaaaaand Arizona is only 12 hours away (13 if you like to stop for potty breaks!) Just saying! Can you tell that I would LOVE to have you (and Susie) move here?!!

And omgosh, Esme is so amazingly cute!! Daniel's getting big and that haircut is a crack-up.

I had the best weekend. One of my friend had her birthday so we went downtown to the Brown Palace to have afternoon tea. It's one of the oldest hotels still operating in Denver. It's gorgeous inside and the tea is to die for! Then we spent the weekend doing girlie stuff. Missed my boys but boy I do love those weekends away!!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #939
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I have them fixed but it was a big nuisance but I did it one book at a time, took a long time. Deleted the book then re-installed it. Wish I had just deleted the kindal app and reloaded but it is done. Wish I had read this before I did it the other way but didn't see this until afterwards, and I started last night. Thanks for trying to help me.

I may need to get a Nook or Kindal to use for reading only but like only having to keep track of one.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 09-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #940
Stazon Splitcoast

Jo, I am glad you had a fun weekend after your bad day last week.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 09-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #941
Watercolor Wizard

Mornin' Everyone!
Brrr, chilly in Boston this morning-But I'll take it! I am more energized when it is cool outside.
Have a great day everyone!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #942
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, all! Weekends just take me off the map and when I finally jump back into chat it takes a while to catch up!

Linda -- I remember seeing an update for the kindle app that said it would prevent iOS 7 from causing issues with your books, but I'm still paranoid to try it. Anyone else uploaded iOS 7 yet?

Bragging time: Andrea ran her best time ever this past weekend and is now unofficially ranked in the top 100 girls' varsity for the state!

Angela -- congrats on your new DT! I don't know how you do it all and do it so well!

Joanna--so sorry to hear about your friend's cancer; hope she receives some better news soon.

One of our nurses was part of a breast cancer fundraiser this weekend. A local farmer donates one of his fields and people donate money so they can bring out their antique tractors and show what they can do. Isn't that a fun idea? 'Plow for a Cure' is the name.

They also have silent auctions -- I donated a tote bag I made out of a chicken feed bag that just happened to be pink for breast cancer awareness. Double benefit from that sack .
Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #943
Hardware Hotshot

Yay Andrea!!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #944
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Monday morning!

It is chilly here too, Susanne...but the sun is out and it looks like it will be a lovely day!

Patti, so glad you liked your kit; have fun creating! Esme and Daniel are both adorable; I think Daniel looks like his Grandma and I LOVE the hair...too cute!

Joanna, glad you had a great weekend! Your kit will be going postal later today...so sorry to be such a flunkie and so late.

Vickie, sorry about the lab fiasco...I'm sure it isn't easy to get a good vein after all you've been through. Your coffee line-up is quite impressive! Ivy bought some Caramel Apple and Pumpkin Spice...coffees and coordinating syrups to flavor them. I bought some Salted Caramel hot chocolate...very good!

Joanna and Linda, this is how dorky I am...I didn't know that you could get a Kindle app for the iPad! Ivy knew about it though...I will be checking into that.

I have been studying for a cardiac test we have to take at work. Our unit, as a whole, didn't do well the last time we took it. We are Orthopedic/Neuro nurses after all! The trouble with me is, I have no interest in the subject.

Found out that DH's SIL has colon cancer...the source was her thyroid cancer. Ivy made up a box of cupcakes to let her know we were thinking of her and then DH tells me that his brother didn't tell him about her dx., it was his mother. So, what to do? It's a pretty sensitive and private subject...was his mother supposed to tell people? We had no clue. We took the cupcakes over anyway and didn't mention it. Really didn't know how to handle the situation....

Patti, more volleyball drama.... Tournament on Saturday; the coach seemed to be over Ivy being sick and she played the first 2 teams. Then the coach asked her to do the books when their team was sitting out; Ivy told her she didn't know how. The coach said they were just like AAU, which they are not and Ivy told her that. The coach didn't know how to do them either. Well, guess what? She benched her during the next 2 teams they played and then sent her in for a minute at the end. No Varsity there to fill in for her, so she played her bench. (She also benched another player...I have no idea why and it's not my business to know. I do know she and Ivy looked pretty glum.) I don't really get it...did she think Ivy made her look stupid for not knowing about the books? You would think an adult would be above "retaliation". I was talking about it with DH; we concluded it is pretty easy to use Ivy as a lesson for the team...she doesn't talk back and she doesn't have parents who go and whine to the coach. It isn't fair, but it is what it is. So...a pep talk with Ivy was in order, since this can be turned into a life lesson!
***Life isn't fair; what are you going to do about it? Rise to the challenge and show her what you are made of! The coaches and trainers are amazed that she is playing with her spinal problems...it not only involves her back, but her knees, hips, and 1 shoulder. She was declared "one tough kid"! Now is her chance to show her coach that she is mentally tough too. I urged her to not let the coach "beat" her...show up ready to play, with a smile on her face, and a good attitude. We also talked about the fact that she may not respect her coach, but she must treat her with respect regardless of how she is being treated.
I am really eager to see how it plays out tonight...we are on the road again for a triangular....

Off to get busy...lots of stuff on the "to do" list!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 09-23-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #945
Stazon Splitcoast

Jessica, Yay for Andrea! Please pass on my congratulations for a job well done!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #946
Stazon Splitcoast

Yea Andrea and Ivy!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 09-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #947
Glitter Guru

Linda, glad you got it fixed. Chuck said he had to sign our and back into amazon to get his books to reload.

Angela, that coach sounds mean and petty. My gosh, she can't expect Ivy to know how to keep the record when she herself doesn't.

Joanna, so sorry about your friend's cancer, that stinks. Sounds like you are being very supportive of her. If you ever think she would like to be showered with a bunch of cards let us know. I'm sure we would all be willing to send some happy mail.

Patti, the grands are too cute. Love the faux hawk, and he does look a lot like you! Esme is so pretty!

Sorry you have to get stuck again Vickie, that's no fun, especially when you have very limited veins for them to use. UGH! Your coffee line up was impressive!

Susanne, I like the cold mornings too, helps me wake up and get going.

Wow, Jessica, that is awesome for Andrea, she is really excelling in cross country. That fund raiser sounds neat, I bet the pink tote was a hit!

Today is Finn's 5th birthday, I got to go to school to spend time with his class and have cupcakes. It was cute and so much fun. I need to go wrap his gifts, I'm kind of rethinking the little drum set I bought him, might regret it by tomorrow morning.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #948
Watercolor Wizard

Kath--lil' drum sets lead into BIG, LOUD drum set's...Just sayin'!!! hahaha Awe what's a lil' noise when you have 4 kids right?! We kept Patrick's drum set in the basement--he sold it to a buddy in HS...Happy Birthday Finn!

Hey roommies...I bought a Cuddlebug embossing folder that looks like a WAFFLE!!! It is called "wicker weave" but it's pretty straight forward and with a lil' distressing ink...I'll be whipping out waffles through my Big Shot! (on sale 40% off @ Joann's too-can't beat that price)

Linda--I am working on your goodies--

Very chilly here tonight--is around 40s but feels more like 30s! We have not put our heat on yet--just cannot do it YET! But looking through my closet for warm clothes really brings back winter into my head! Yikes...it's right around the corner!

Jess--congratulation's to Andrea....Angela--life lesson or not--I don't like it when coaches play unfair--best of luck to Ivy! It is amazing she is so active with her back--they should be grateful to have her on the team!

Old 09-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #949
Glitter Guru

Jessica- Congrats to Andrea. Thats a great success !

Kathy- Happy Birthday to Finn. And about the drums.....From the experience of my friends, the kids do not deal with it very long. You might have luck

Angela- You're right, life is not fair but in sport it should be fair. Im sorry for Ivy. And because your SIL. It is a difficult situation and i understand that you do not want to ignore it. Maybe your DH can speak with his brother ?

Susanne- Have fun with your new EB Folder !

I could not leave and I stopped by Stampin Bella :rollyeyes: And Senio-ita Dolores on her scooter is my favorite because the sentiment is so matching- love it !

Last edited by germanstampler; 09-24-2013 at 03:40 AM..
Old 09-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #950
Gabfest Goddess

hoo boy. This time I've only been gone from this thread a few days, and I am hopelessly behind!

Lynne, so glad my very belated birthday card arrived and that you liked it! Hope your day was a good one!

Congratulations to Andrea on her personal best time, and that she is ranking up there in the state!

Angela, I am just shaking my head in amazement at the immaturity of Ivy's volleyball coach. Ivy is very fortunate to have a mature, loving, sensible mom who helps her learn how to deal with the stupids in life. You are much kinder than I would be, I'm afraid I'd be in that coach's face. (That's probably why God didn't allow any drama when Rachel played volleyball from 5th grade through college!)

And Angela, I am wondering, even though you are an Ortho/Neuro unit, do you do cardiac monitoring or tele on your unit? If not, why are they expecting your nurses to take a cardiac rhythm test?

Imke, unfortunately, I don't have Microsoft WORD on my computer. I only have a WORD "viewer", so don't think I can resize with this. My personal techie experts, DD Rachel and DDIL Brittani both are Mac people, so they can't help me with my old, slow computer. My next computer will be a Mac, so til then, I may have to figure out digis another way.

Speaking of "techies", those of you on FB know that my DH gave me an early birthday present (he just couldn't wait!)--finally got an iPad! I am very excited as I've wanted one for quite some time now (at least 2 years....) Anyway, Linda, I am wondering about the Kindle/iPad thing--I have quite a few books on my Kindle that I would love to transfer to the new iPad. I thought it was funny (funny strange, not funny ha-ha) that Tom just bought the iPad yesterday, yet it had the old OS on it, and I had to download iOS 7. Since I've already downloaded iOS 7, tell me, techies, can I just get the Kindle app and it will move my books over?

Jess, I downloaded the iOS 7 to my iPhone last week and have had a horrible time with battery life since then. Now, I do have an "old" iPhone, a plain ol' 4. Since the iPad is brand new for me, I'm not sure about the battery life with that, but the new operating system definitely affected my phone battery life. I've had to reset everything, disable Location Services and tried multiple other things. I've heard that the battery drain is a common complaint, and that Apple had a similar problem when the last OS debuted, and they had to come up with a patch to solve the glitch. Hoping they will do that again this time!

I am thinking you ladies are going to have to start posting a "food alert" message whenever you talk about or post a photo of something yummy. Between Vickie's 'family of coffees' and Tracie's description of the goodies at the car show (mmmmm, grilled pork tenderloin, strawberries and chocolate, kettle corn and fudge!!), I've gained five pounds (and I certainly don't need an ounce more than I've already got packed on!!)

Jo, the tea with your friend sounds wonderful! We have a Ritz Carlton hotel in downtown Cleveland that does afternoon tea and though it's been some years since I've gone, it's so much fun! As for all the recent misfortune in your great state of Colorado, I think you've had all the bad stuff packed into a few years, and I agree that you should be good now for 100 or so years! I wouldn't mind moving there, especially if I end up having some family there--we most certainly would be visiting one another!!

Sorry to hear about Jo's friend and Angela's SIL with cancer. I agree with Kathy, that if Jo would like us to shower her friend with cards, I would certainly be willing to participate!

And happy (belated) FIFTH birthday to Finn! I saw the photo Mom posted of him on FB--so cute!! Sounds like a great opportunity to be able to go to his school and help him celebrate his special day!

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments on my grands. I am quite crazy about the two of them! Don't think I'll ever catch up to Linda, or Denise. Looking like those might be the only grandbabies I'm gonna get. But that's okay, because they are good ones!! Poor little baldy Esme! I'm hoping she grows into those ears! Unfortunately, my two babies were bald; had nothing but peach fuzz for the first year of life, and when they did get hair, it was thin and white blond. And both grandbabies have followed suit...bald baby(s), thin, blond hair. But, of course, Gram still thinks they are the cutest kids evah!

Anyway, now that I have gone on, and on, and on, and on....I really popped in to tell Angela that instead of cleaning house on my weekend off, I made about 1/2 dozen cards with the kit she gave me. Now, I didn't use any of the images (yet), but couldn't resist that patterned paper and lovely embellies! I WILL post photos soon.

And....I'm ahead of the game for my October Swap Girlie, Susanna-danna! Since I will be out of town the first week of October, I finished up your kit early, and it went postal yesterday! So it should be in your hot little hands soon (and probably before October actually gets here!)

Fall chill in the air here in NE Ohio...haven't gotten the winter coat out yet, but I did turn the furnace on this morning!

Happy Tuesday, friends!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #951
Hardware Hotshot

We had snow in the mountains. It was great to wake up and see Pikes Peak covered in a white blanket. Pretty, but a reminder that the state of Colorado needs to get it's act together and finish all the road construction! I don't know about you guys, but our state tears up nearly every road during the summer because they can't do any repairs in the winter. It's frustrating!

I would LOVE a card shower for my friend (you guys are so sweet for suggesting it). She has a shelf where she keeps all the cards she's gotten. For anyone who would like to send her one, here's her address:

Wendy Spivey
1749 Medlock Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85016

I have both the Nook and Kindle apps on my iPad Patti. I find that each of them have specials. If there is a book I want, I shop it at both places and buy the one that is cheaper. Once you log in with your e-mail and password via Safari or the app, your books should automatically appear. I've only had the "urp" once when I upgraded the OS. And then it was a fairly easy fix by re-syncing the iPad to my computer.

Patti: There are some free resizing programs available on the web. I use Gimp (which I think is also available on a PC). It's fairly easy to use. If you do choose that one, I'll give you my phone number and I can walk you through the process.

Angela: Ivy's coach is not all that uncommon. My nieces (in two different states) had trouble with coaches in swimming and tennis doing exactly the same thing ... playing favorites despite their not being the better swimmer/player. It's frustrating. Sorry.

Kathy: Happy Birthday to the little man (he looked so cute on FB) and you are a brave, BRAVE woman to think of drums!!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #952

JCI to say hello and to let Linda know her September card kit is on its way!

Dinner is in the oven; pot roast, in an oven bag with potatoes, carrots, and a little bit of onion. I've never used one of the oven bags, so hoping it comes out yummy!

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday evening.

(Joanna, thanks for your friend's address).
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #953
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll be watching the mail Vickie. I am excited because of the chit chat.

Thanks Joanna for the address of your friend. I'll be mailing her a card tomorrow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #954
Stampin' Fool

Hi Ladies!

Tracie your package goes out tomorrow, sorry its late!

Everyone is so busy!!!

HAPPY TUESDAY!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #955
Stazon Splitcoast

Finn is five?? I still think of him as a baby, but now he's officially a 'big boy'. Happy belated birthday!

All this talk about immature coaches makes me glad to be in cross country. Like the coach told us at the first info session -- the pressure is off him because he chooses his runners purely based on the last race's times. No chance for favortism!

I agree with Patti -- Ivy is very lucky to have a mom to help her navigate these nasty life lessons!

Joanna -- I will definitely send Wendy a card. Such a great idea!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #956
Watercolor Wizard

I took Wendy's addy too--now that I bought ink for my printer--I can even type her some well wishes!

Wonky printers huh? I am out of black and pink so it stops. I do not have a "print with whatever color is left in the tank button" so I sped to Staples tonight--hit 5 green lights and made it by 8:59! I called ahead and had them pull my ink off the floor! {It drives Tom nuts when I do stuff like this--but he's not the guy out of ink w/o a car tomorrow!!!} They had it at the front desk waiting for me! LOVE IT! (prima-donna moment)

Made 7 cards today--love my envy punch--all different envies-to match the cards! Did you all know Stampin' Up is selling the exact envy punch that some of us bought? I have already sold 3 of them to some of my SU people!!! I love this tool!

Jess--love the sounds of that cross country coach--fair is fair--work hard and win!

When Tom used to coach youth league hockey--some of the parents were normal, and some not so normal and WHY wasn't their kid in EVERY play?!!! HUH? Some parents would work their kids to the bone--be on 3 leagues at once some day's 2-3 hockey games on the weekends--up at 4am--home at 10pm...sick! SICK! Way too much! It was almost like comparing it to those juvenile beauty contests where they drag babies from their crib/ bed to act normal and be pretty to win a ribbon!

Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #957
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening!

Late night at work...just trying to catch up on a few things before bed....

Joanna, great idea about the card shower for your friend! What does she like? Funny? Serious? (I have Bugaboo's Stella/Save the Hooters printed out on the table...I realize it may offend some, but I do love Stella!)

Kathleen, can't believe Finn is 5! I am not on Facebook so I missed his photo. How did he like the drum set? Are your ears ringing? I used to be a drummer....

Susanne, I can't wait to see the "waffles" you are creating! I am excited to hear of K's plans...that is awesome news...keep us posted!

Imke, the situation is complicated with DH's family. His mother is known for getting into people's business, which makes it hard to know what to do with the SIL. Of course we want her to know we are thinking of her, but there is the fear that she doesn't want people to know and I don't want to make her uncomfortable. We are friendly, but not friends...we are just very different people and don't have much in common.

Patti, we do have people on "routine" telemetry on our floor, and have for many years. Until recently we have not had to read it. There is what is called the "war room" on the cardiac floor; the people working there know what is going on with anyone in the institution...that's all they are assigned to do. I know that they read the strips, so I am wondering why we do it too...they are the experts. It stresses me out! In my pursuit to get better (and pass my test) I've found a resident who posts videos on you tube, they are good. I feel like I am "getting it" and then see a real life strip...oops, maybe not! I can't wait to see the cards you made!

Vickie, how was the pot roast? Sounds delish!

I am learning a lot about the iPad from the chatter here. Davis is pretty good at techie stuff, so I ask him sometimes if I need help.

Denise, how are you doing? Are the little ones keeping you busy?!

We got a package in the mail today...it was mini "lotus" cupcake wrappers and vanilla bean paste...can't wait to try out our new goodies! Ivy added a "Very Vanilla" cupcake to the menu and it will have Vanilla Bean Buttercream with the vanilla cake. The wrappers are adorable; we have been using plain wrappers for the minis, but it's hard to package/remove them from the package without messing up the buttercream. These will work so much better because of the taller wrapper and they look pretty too.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #958
Stazon Splitcoast

Volleyball update: Ivy was back full throttle; she had an amazing night last night! I am really proud of the way she has handled this bump in the road of life...with determination, grace, and dignity. No tears, whining, or sulking.

I forgot to tell you ladies that during Saturday's tournament play, her coach must have told the girl, who subbed for Ivy, that Ivy was sick. The girl came up and asked Ivy about it...supposedly a headache and stomach ache. How weird is that?

Joanna, you will be surprised to hear that Ivy is a favorite! That's why it is all so very bizarre. Last night was just freshman/JV; the Varsity coach texted Ivy to see how 1. the team did, and 2. how she did.

I just hope this is all behind us. I am looking forward to next Monday's team dinner! The Mom who is doing the main course changed her plans and is not sure what she is doing. I am willing to do whatever, but don't want to be pushy since it is at her house and I am only the co-host. I have told her to call me for anything she needs and I am happy to help (I know she is busy with 3 young boys at home). For now, I am on dessert duty and we have been making plans for that!

Old 09-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #959
Glitter Guru

Angela- Sorry, this really is a difficult situation with your SIL. But i think you know your family and you'll decide on the right. Go Ivy, go ! You can be really proud of her !

Joanna- Thanks for Wendys adress. I think its a great idea with a card kit shower. I will also send a card.

Susanne- A printer without ink - no way ! I imagine it pictorially. How you hurtling down the road and as you arrive completely out of breath in the store***lol***
Here in Germany there is also to buy the MM envelope punch. I have the scoring board from Martha Stewart. With which you can also make envelopes. I did that once. And so I tell myself I do not need the MM board. Until now it works

Yesterday I cooked a zucchini, carrots, potato, chili vegetable soup yesterday. All mashed with cream. Is was tasty and spicy. Yummy ! I have harvested 4 Hokkaido pumpkins in the garden. Soon there will be pumpkin soup.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #960
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! It is chilly here...Caramel is sitting on my lap and keeping me warm. Of course, if Davis was here she would be following him around the house...I am second choice! LOL

Working on Linda's and Imke's goodies today; hope to get them out soon and then get back on track for October. Digging my way out of flunkie status....

Speaking of October, have any of you with little ones worked on Halloween costumes yet?

Closed Thread