Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Secret Sister Swaps (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/secret-sister-swaps-f395/)
-   -   Closed - Lose and Keep it off Weight Loss SS Swap - July - December (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/secret-sister-swaps-f395/closed-lose-keep-off-weight-loss-ss-swap-july-december-t574221.html)

morgainegeiser 06-10-2013 04:42 AM

Closed - Lose and Keep it off Weight Loss SS Swap - July - December

I will admit it I lost the weight I wanted to and had been maintaining that weight loss for over a year. Then I took a vacation to New Orleans in February and despite the fact we walked over 15 miles a day, I came home and my scale gave me a shock - I had gained 3 pounds. I have now been fighting to lose those 3 pounds ever since. I just completed a 140 mile bike trip and guess what I still have those 3 extra pounds. I really want to loose them, but have not been as motivated as I should be - I track during the week and don't on the weekends as I mess up and eat poorly. Yikes! I need some weight loss buddies! I need motivation!

I want to keep this simple, but helpful. So here's what we will be swapping and how it will work. Once a month you will send a card and in that card send a little something extra - gum, inspirational bookmark, tea bag, or healthy recipe, etc. Try and keep the little something, an item a person on a diet can actually use - so no regular chocolate or recipes for fried chicken.

I hate flakers, actually made me cut way back on swaps. So partners will be assigned slightly different, each month on the first of the month I will send each of you your SS name for the month. You will need to send your card with the little something out by the 20th. Once you receive from your SS, please post in the thread it was received. On the last day of the month, if you didn't send your card out, you will sit out the next month, and if you fail to send at all, you will be dropped from the swap. If you were just late, you sit out a month and can participate the following month.

I will be running this swap for six months, you can sign up late, but if you need the help like me, sign up NOW - don't wait. Also, PM me if you need to sit out a month (vacations, etc.)
Chatter, encouragement, hints are encouraged!

Please PM me your name and address, thanks. We will be starting in July. But hints and helps start NOW!

morgainegeiser 06-10-2013 04:42 AM

Players:
1) morgainegeiser - #129
2) StampinGoodDeeds - #64 - sitting out for December
3) Lmn - #151
4) healinghands - sitting out December
5) russnzella - #73
6) PMR -#125
7) dougswife - #161
8 Paige - #75 - sitting out for December
9) sheloaha -#173 - sitting out Through December
10) ashjoy - #104 - sitting out for December
11) DCinKit - #150 - Sitting out thru December
12) muzbymom -#76
13) jhtpa - #137
14) ldumont999 -#69
15) 2CuteCats - #143
16) deansgal -#105 - sitting out through December
17) wyndstar - #136
18 ktfabian2 - #319 - sitting out through December

Joan7356 06-10-2013 01:26 PM

Subbing... need to think a bit

rositagustafson72 06-10-2013 05:21 PM

Subbing

ashjoy 06-11-2013 02:50 AM

Subbing as well.

Lazorkay 06-11-2013 05:48 AM

subbing...

StampinGoodDeeds 06-11-2013 07:12 AM

Hi Roxie --
I'm in. :)
I did well on the Blood Sugar Solution, lost 21 lbs and lots of inches, but then when the stress hit at work, then the job change, then the move... well, I gained it back and now am struggling to get back on track. We won't have our house until end of August probably, so I'm basically living out of an apartment with only what we brought in the cars and what I've picked up since, as all of our stuff is in the moving company warehouse storage until our house is done! However, as a part of our move here, we committed to get healthier.... and Boise is a great place for it. Green belts, lots of outside activities, everyone rides bikes, YMCAs, etc. So we joined the Y the second day here, we are literally on the green belt and bought used bikes for it -- AND my sweet DH just bought me a fabulous retro bike too for my upcoming birthday to ride on it in style and comfy. I'm now back on the Blood Sugar Solution --- day 2 of it -- still going through withdrawals, but determined to stick with it this round now and I need buddies to help me keep to it too!

So sign me up! I like how you are rotating the buddies each month --- so do we reveal each month as we do it then? And since I don't have my craft room with me, just the portable stuff I brought in the car, I can still do this with what I do have and local craft stores! :)

morgainegeiser 06-11-2013 07:12 AM

Joan, thanks for signing up. I have all your info.

Thanks you ladies for checking it out, come join in any time!

morgainegeiser 06-11-2013 07:15 AM

Susan,
So glad you can join us, this one doesn't require much so you should be good to go and yes we will reveal each month.
Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 20200043)
Hi Roxie --
I did well on the Blood Sugar Solution, lost 21 lbs and lots of inches, but then when the stress hit at work, then the job change, then the move... well, I gained it back and now am struggling to get back on track. We won't have our house until end of August probably, so I'm basically living out of an apartment with only what we brought in the cars and what I've picked up since, as all of our stuff is in the moving company warehouse storage until our house is done! However, as a part of our move here, we committed to get healthier.... and Boise is a great place for it. Green belts, lots of outside activities, everyone rides bikes, YMCAs, etc. So we joined the Y the second day here, we are literally on the green belt and bought used bikes for it -- AND my sweet DH just bought me a fabulous retro bike too for my upcoming birthday to ride on it in style and comfy. I'm now back on the Blood Sugar Solution --- day 2 of it -- still going through withdrawals, but determined to stick with it this round now and I need buddies to help me keep to it too!

So sign me up! I like how you are rotating the buddies each month --- so do we reveal each month as we do it then? And since I don't have my craft room with me, just the portable stuff I brought in the car, I can still do this with what I do have and local craft stores! :)

StampinGoodDeeds 06-11-2013 01:05 PM

Sharing:
My new diet superfood. :)
Alive and Radiant Foods Kale Krunch (Alive & Radiant Foods)
I buy them at Whole Foods on sale.
These are raw kale chips that have been seasoned with organic spices. They are so much better for you than chips, but just as satisfying to me. They are full of flavor so I don't eat as many either. :) There is only 130 calories in 1 oz (one bag has 2.2 servings). I eat maybe .5 oz when I snack so even less. Fat contentn is 9 grams, saturated fat being 1.5 g. 350 mg of sodium, 320 mg of potassium (a big plus as most people do not get enough potassium in their diet -- I recently read you'd have to eat 15 bananas a day to get the right amount!), Total carbs 11g, with 3g of that being fiber. Protein is 5g (another big plus). Vitamin A - 80% (AWESOME), Vitamin C = 20%, Calcium = 10%, Iron = 20%, Thiamin = 60%, Riboflavin = 80%, Niacin = 50%, Vitamin B12 = 20%.

So this is really a powerhouse snack since it has such high vitamin and nutrient content.

mrslaporte 06-11-2013 01:29 PM

Roxie- you could not have opened this at a better time. I lost over 20 pounds Jan-March in 2012 using sparkpeople and motivation with SCS- your thread. Well I've gained that all back. It's too much to get into right now. I'm in for this idea.
Susan- Thanks for the reminder to get in the swaps. They really can be part of our healthy living. :)

mrslaporte 06-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 20200043)
Hi Roxie --

Go Susan!

ashjoy 06-11-2013 02:31 PM

Kale chips sound good. We don't have a whole foods, what brand are they?

russnzella 06-11-2013 04:07 PM

I'm in! I lost 50 pounds over a year ago and gained a lot of it back. Well, this year I have been feeling worse and worse...and getting winded just even walking from the door to my car. How sad is that. So I had enough and the Tuesday after Memorial Day I signed up for Weight Watchers again. I've lost 9 pounds so far and already can tell a HUGE difference. Gotta keep going on....lots to lose!

StampinGoodDeeds 06-12-2013 06:56 AM

Alive and Radiant Foods Kale Krunch (Alive & Radiant Foods)

The link is above in my post too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20200566)
Kale chips sound good. We don't have a whole foods, what brand are they?

StampinGoodDeeds 06-12-2013 06:58 AM

YAY, Marilyn!!!! Great time to lose with summer approaching. Lots of fresh veggies and fruit available, summer salads, and outdoor activities!
Early morning walks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaporte (Post 20200481)
Roxie- you could not have opened this at a better time. I lost over 20 pounds Jan-March in 2012 using sparkpeople and motivation with SCS- your thread. Well I've gained that all back. It's too much to get into right now. I'm in for this idea.
Susan- Thanks for the reminder to get in the swaps. They really can be part of our healthy living. :)

StampinGoodDeeds 06-12-2013 06:59 AM

Congrats, Zella!!! That is awesome! What's your secret? Is it the diet change or activities?
Quote:

Originally Posted by russnzella (Post 20200743)
I'm in! I lost 50 pounds over a year ago and gained a lot of it back. Well, this year I have been feeling worse and worse...and getting winded just even walking from the door to my car. How sad is that. So I had enough and the Tuesday after Memorial Day I signed up for Weight Watchers again. I've lost 9 pounds so far and already can tell a HUGE difference. Gotta keep going on....lots to lose!

StampinGoodDeeds 06-12-2013 07:05 AM

RECIPE SHARE:
Don't forget to share your favorite healthy recipes too.

I use a rice cooker to cook quinoa or brown rice, and I just add a can of beans (drained/rinsed, prefer black but also use others), organic broth instead of water, and sometimes veggies depending on what I have to use up (leftover broccoli diced up, green onions, a can of diced tomatoes or green chile (or Rotel), frozen corn or peas, shredded carrots, diced celery...). I add a little extra broth to help the veggies. Its basically a meal in one as it has the beans/quinoa for protein and veggies in there, though I have been trying to make half of each meal veggies so I generally will still have more on the side, i.e. steamed broccoli.

Some great articles to read too:
What is the 'best diet' for you? - Nutrition - MSN Healthy Living

We basically are striving to become Flexitarians in our home.
Flexitarian Diet -- What You Need to Know -- US News Best Diets --- and limit artificial sugars, and white overprocessed grains.

PMR 06-12-2013 10:11 AM

me, me, me!

dougswife 06-12-2013 10:53 AM

Please add me to your swap. Sounds like fun!!

morgainegeiser 06-12-2013 12:23 PM

Welcome Pia and Vicky!

morgainegeiser 06-12-2013 12:50 PM

Weight Watchers Mexican Chicken Breasts

Ingredients
1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup fat free sour cream

Directions
Place chicken breasts and taco seasoning in a seal able plastic bag; shake to coat well.
Spray casserole dish with Pam.
Place breasts in casserole.
Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Top with salsa about 5 minutes before breasts are done.
Top with sour cream before serving.

StampinGoodDeeds 06-12-2013 01:27 PM

Oooh, sounds delicious!
I can't do the sour cream but the rest sounds awesome maybe as a salad! :)

StampinGoodDeeds 06-12-2013 02:00 PM

I'm back. :)
Even though we haven't gotten the house built yet, I'm going through crafting withdrawal so have decided to host meanwhile! :)

I've opened two swaps:
12x12 layouts based on the Becky Higgins pocket pages for her Project Life kits, but you can use those to create any 12x12 layout still or as pieces to create a two page layout even. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t574329.html

Magnetic Personality: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post20202562

Come on over and help me get past my crafting withdrawals! :)

russnzella 06-12-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 20201990)
Congrats, Zella!!! That is awesome! What's your secret? Is it the diet change or activities?

Weight Watchers for sure...haven't changed any activities....but that soon will change too!

StampinGoodDeeds 06-13-2013 07:22 AM

Wow, learn something new every day. I never knew there were restrictions on mailing magnets. As many swaps as I've hosted and received, many with magnets, never had an issue, but I was going to host one for magnets then someone asked about the mailing restrictions. Didn't know until I looked it up.

Just wanted to share that with others too. Apparently there are strict limitations about mailing anything magnetized.

Paige 06-13-2013 01:34 PM

I'd like to sign up for this!

sheloaha 06-13-2013 04:05 PM

Just sent you a PM! :) My daughter is getting married in September and I would like to lose about 10-20 lbs before then. Overall I want to lose around 50lbd.

morgainegeiser 06-13-2013 05:53 PM

Welcome Paige & Teena, so glad you could join this group of fine swappers.

jhtpa 06-14-2013 01:47 AM

I would like to join.

StampinGoodDeeds 06-14-2013 06:59 AM

Roxie -- are we posting any answers to questions or such to give hints?

PMR 06-14-2013 08:28 AM

Hi all, happy Friday

russnzella 06-14-2013 09:30 AM

Shameless plug.....

Have any of you ever done the "Cards for a Cause" challenge? I have in the past and enjoyed it...lately haven't been able to but want to get back to that. Anyway, this month they are sending cards to my local pregnancy center...so here is my shameless plug - if you have extra cards you don't know what to do with - here's the info: Cards for a Cause - June 2013 Mission

StampinGoodDeeds 06-14-2013 01:37 PM

Here's wishing you all a great weekend!

Five days now for me off the caffeine, gluten, dairy, and sugar. The swelling has already begun to decrease again and water weight decreasing. I notice the focus is coming back (mental focus) and clearer vision, as well as less arthritis issues and improved flexibility. Here's to good health!!!

mrslaporte 06-14-2013 02:17 PM

Susan... were you in the military? I have had a hard time with disciplining myself to accompolish the simplest goals.

mrslaporte 06-14-2013 02:23 PM

Roxie... I'm writing down that recipe.
Anyone interested in doing a one to one 6 x 6 inch healthy recipe swap please pm. I will send one after I test it... carrot raisin bread.

muzbysmom 06-16-2013 09:13 AM

Can I join in? I've been dieting since last October and have lost about 45 lbs but want to lose 25 more and then hope to figure out how to maintain.

Today's Father's Day and my husband's daughter is coming down to take him out to lunch and I'm invited to go also but do I? I KNOW how hard it is for me to go to a restaurant and NOT blow it......

DCinkit 06-16-2013 02:21 PM

Can I get in on this?

Joan7356 06-17-2013 05:40 AM

ashjoy 06-17-2013 09:17 AM

That's a good list Joan!