Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Secret Sister Swaps (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/secret-sister-swaps-f395/)
-   -   **Finished** Clever Card Swap for secret sisters... (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/secret-sister-swaps-f395/%2A%2Afinished%2A%2A-clever-card-swap-secret-sisters-t567745.html)

dawnmercedes 01-24-2013 09:23 AM

**Finished** Clever Card Swap for secret sisters...

3 Attachment(s)
This secret sister swap is geared toward those stampers who are looking for new card folds and cuts or techniques to incorporate into their crafting!

Requirements:

**Post your answers to the following questions so we can get to know you better! (When you receive a card, a thank you posted here is a thoughtful way of showing your appreciation and a way to let your big sister know that it has arrived.)

**Send two cards each month for three months. Each card must be embellished and showcase a new fold or technique. Splitcoaststampers has a long list of tutorials... see HERE . But also, feel free to search out the internet or YouTube to find something spectacular to share with your secret sister.

**In the 3rd Month, you must also send an ALTERED ITEM to your little sis! Need ideas? Check check out the Splitcoaststampers Tutorial List. Or...free free to wow us with a new fold or trick you have up your inky sleeve!

Here are some samples of interesting card folds:

Dates:
February 15th-May 15th This means, your little sis must have received (at least) 2 cards using fancy folds or new techniques by the 15th of each month. And by May 15th, she will have received a total of 6 cards and an altered item!

Players: # of cards received.
1. CherryLime 7 and reveal
2. Paige 9 + reveal!!
3. Morgainegeiser 6 and reveal
4. russnzella 5 and reveal (I believe one more package is on its way.)
*5. sunstamper 4
6. muzbysmom 6 and reveal
7. caraquena 6 and reveal
8. dawnmercedes 7 and reveal
9. saystampsplease 6 and reveal on
10. ktfabian2 6 and reveal
11. cj nalley 6 and reveal
12. Stamperamma 6 and reveal
13. Dashwood 6 and reveal

Post below to sign up. Please let me know if you want to be in the US only group...or Sending over Seas group. PM your name and address to me. I will swap names when this is filled...or around February 7th! Remember to take care and thoughtfulness when creating cards for your new secret sister!

dawnmercedes 01-24-2013 09:27 AM

Questionnaire

1. What are your favorite crafting colors?

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create?

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers?

4. What is your favorite style or craft company?

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits!

CherryLime 01-25-2013 10:25 AM

I'm in, I love learning new things. US mailing pls.

Paige 01-25-2013 12:00 PM

I'd love to join! I enjoy fun folds and new techniques.

Paige 01-25-2013 12:01 PM

Oh, US only please.

morgainegeiser 01-25-2013 12:15 PM

I am in - USA mailing please

cj nalley 01-25-2013 01:18 PM

This sounds like fun. US, Canada, overseas

russnzella 01-26-2013 01:55 PM

I'm in! US only please..

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? Anything but neons...lately I seem to be more into neutral/nature colors

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? Honestly, my card fold and technique skills are pretty minimal so this will be a good way for me to go outside my comfort zone and learn something new.

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? You're supposed to organize?

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? Depends on what I'm looking for....I'm not real loyal to one brand - usually just go for whatever I like at the moment. But I do have a love of Sweet 'n Sassy stamps.

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits! Last year I started trying to focus more on using what I have and not buying new things. It's worked out pretty well. This year my goal is to use more of the stamps that I have. Sad to say I have many that have never seen ink. Hoping that will change.

morgainegeiser 01-26-2013 03:57 PM

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? Mainly earth tones, but I also like purple & lime green combo, yellow & gray combo, pink & brown combo

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? I am pretty much an open slate, I have done a few folds but would definitely like to see far more

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? By holidays or seasons for DP, for plain colors by color family, I have two racks from a defunked LSS, and I love them.

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? I usually tend to be clean & modern, once in awhile cutesy, seldom go the grunge route. I like Authenique, MME, pink paisley, Little Yellow bicycle, Jilli Bean Soup, Simple Stories.

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits! Been card making for awhile, got burnt out on cards for awhile and just did SS swaps, but now I need to use some of the stuff I got in those swaps, also finding I enjoy making a few cards versus six - ten of the same card. I enjoy challenges, not doing the same thing over and over.

morgainegeiser 01-26-2013 04:01 PM

What month is the first month we need to send by - Feb.15th or Mar. 15th?

dawnmercedes 01-26-2013 05:36 PM

Two cards by March 15th...

So Feb-March 15th is month one. I wasn't sure how quickly this forum would be up or how soon people would sign up...So I planned that we would officially start 2/15...if not sooner!

Paige 01-27-2013 02:40 AM

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? I go through a lot of red, kraft, and white card stock, but also use seasonal colors. I rarely use pastels.

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? I love fun folds and manipulative cards, so am always looking for those ideas.

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? My only 12 x 12 papers are patterned papers from SU. I keep those in their packages and arrange alphabetically and by holiday in a large carton.

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? SU, Gina K. and am getting into the more whimsical companies similar to and including Paper Smooches.

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits! I love to use bling, ribbon, buttons, twine, charms, and any other fun and unusual embellishments on my cards. My cards also have lots of layers and most likely patterned paper.
________

Stamperamma 01-27-2013 04:00 PM

This sound like fun I would like a spot please.

Dea

Stamperamma 01-27-2013 04:07 PM

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? I love regales and earth tones.

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? I Am currently learning to expand my use with different mediums such as perfect pearls etc.

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? Sorted by colour and is in holders, my dsp paper is sorted by themes and is also in paper holders.

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? I love fantasy images, my two favorite designers of stamps are Sylvia Zet and Mo Manning.

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits! I love punch art, paper piecing and using bling.

Dea

Dashwood 01-28-2013 08:07 AM

Can I take a spot please? I am overseas but can post anywhere :D

CherryLime 01-28-2013 10:03 AM

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? I love purples, greens and oranges - bright colors

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? idk, I haven't had time to look yet, anything new is great

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? I'm in the process of reorganzing - I have way too much paper right now.

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? tim holtz, magenta, distress/altered and clean and simple

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits!
i also am a quilter and knitter, so i like crafts!

dawnmercedes 01-28-2013 01:52 PM

I have added both Stamperamma and Dashwood. Be sure to PM your name/address to me!

Stamperamma 01-28-2013 04:09 PM

I will also post any where.

Dea

sunstamper 01-28-2013 05:12 PM

Hi Dawn. Your swap sounds like fun. Sign me up please. I think I'd like US only this time. Thanks!

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? I like any colors and really like to see new ideas for how to use patterned papers.

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? I like cards with moving parts.

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? I separate them by color into folders. The folders are then filed in hanging files in crates.

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? I like Stamping Up. But I got a Cricut for Christmas and love it!

I love paper!

cj nalley 01-28-2013 08:07 PM

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? It depends on the project. Purples, yellow, blue, green

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? I like trying all different kinds of techniques.

3. How do you organize your 12 inch papers? In plastic bags on the floor-(organize?)

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? SU floral, House Mouse, Thomas Kinkade, Magnolia, Northwoods

Stamperamma 01-30-2013 02:02 AM

Good morning everyone I hope you have a wonderful day.

Dea

dawnmercedes 01-30-2013 04:51 AM

Thanks...you too!

hey, feel free to ask your cyber stamping friends to join this swap!

muzbysmom 01-31-2013 05:00 AM

I'll join in. US only please!

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? Most any color combined with brown or black and white with a splash of a bright color.

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? ??? Not sure. Tried the tissue flowers yesterday and that went nowhere! Do enjoy trying new things even if they don't work out.....

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? I have those plastic stand up divided things (not sure what to call them) and sort colored papers by color groups in one and sort DP by company in another.

4. What is your favorite style or craft company? Love SU for most everything. Only like the thicker double sided papers for DP. LOVE punch art and CAS.

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits! I started out scrapbooking and didn't even like stamping when I attended my first Stampin' Up party. Demo assumed everyone knew what they were doing and didn't give much instruction and I left frustrated. Making a new friend who also stamped (met at a CM workshop but she'd just signed up as a SU demo) and took the time to teach me got me hooked on stamping. I now stamp more than I scrapbook (I'm WAY behind on my scrapbooking now).

Stamperamma 02-02-2013 05:38 AM

Good morning everyone, hope you have a wonderful day.

Dea

Stamperamma 02-03-2013 01:56 AM

Good morning

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.

Dea

dawnmercedes 02-03-2013 08:27 PM

Everyone...Dea's bday was a couple of days ago...be sure to wish her well!

So...shall we swap names? Or wait any longer. I was thinking I could play along too, but then I realized that I would know my big sis. DUH! Now I will have to wait and watch for another swap to open up. haha. silly me!

Let me know what the groups thinks....and, invite your friends to join us!

Stamperamma 02-04-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes (Post 19983581)
Everyone...Dea's bday was a couple of days ago...be sure to wish her well!

So...shall we swap names? Or wait any longer. I was thinking I could play along too, but then I realized that I would know my big sis. DUH! Now I will have to wait and watch for another swap to open up. haha. silly me!

Let me know what the groups thinks....and, invite your friends to join us!

Thank you Dawn. If you want I will swap out your group for you so you can play along. I am in group 2 so it won't affect our group.

Dea

russnzella 02-04-2013 01:54 AM

Happy Birthday Dea!!!

Hey Dawn, I volunteer to be your "not so secret-secret sis".....I'd love to!!! :) That way you could play along.

Stamperamma 02-04-2013 01:55 AM

Good morning.

Dea

Paige 02-04-2013 02:13 AM

Happy Birthday Dea!

Dawn, I'm ready whenever you think the time is right. Hopefully you'll be able to play along - can someone outside of the swap match up partners for you?

Stamperamma 02-04-2013 02:21 AM

Thank you Paige and Dawn for the Birthday wishes.
Dea

Stamperamma 02-04-2013 03:54 AM

Congrats on being swapper of the month Zella. Dea

Stamperamma 02-04-2013 03:55 AM

Thank you Zella for the birthday wishes.

Dea

Quote:

Originally Posted by russnzella (Post 19983743)
Happy Birthday Dea!!!

Hey Dawn, I volunteer to be your "not so secret-secret sis".....I'd love to!!! :) That way you could play along.

muzbysmom 02-04-2013 03:59 AM

As far as swapping names goes - I think you originally said you'd swap names on the 7th so I'm perfectly willing to wait a few more days.

Paige 02-04-2013 09:11 AM

Congratulations Zella on being named swapper of the month!

russnzella 02-04-2013 09:53 AM

Thanks Dea & Paige....I was shocked!

cj nalley 02-04-2013 01:02 PM

Happy Birthday Dea!!!

Stamperamma 02-04-2013 02:15 PM

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.

Dea

Caraquena 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

I am in - us mailing only.

1. What are your favorite crafting colors? Pink

2. Is there a card fold or technique that you would enjoy learning how to create? Love learning all new techniques

3. How do you organized your 12 inch papers? In a special bin by color and DSP in Drawers by design/motive
4. What is your favorite style or craft company? Stampin' Up

5. Add any additional information you might want someone to know about your crafting habits! Love card making

muzbysmom 02-05-2013 10:11 AM

Good afternoon ladies! I now have seven cards made for this swap! Whomever's name I get may end up with more than the six and an altered item! Having fun going through the tutorials and remembering techniques I haven't done in a LONG TIME!