Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart October Swapper of the Month - PookieStats

Congratulations to our October Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Laura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieStats

- how you got started- how long have you been doing this

I got started in paper crafts making what I called ‘friendship books’ almost 15 years ago. They were a bit like scrapbooks meant to be passed between friends, each of us taking turns putting in pictures and decorating them. Needless to say, I was a bit more into it than my friends and they mostly just fizzled out or got lost. After that I got into scrapbooking when I became a parent, but never actually finished a whole scrapbook of my own. Then about a year ago I saw something on Pintrest labeled “inchie” and was intrigued so I googled it and that’s how I found SCS.

- do you have any other hobbies

Before paper crafts, I did beading and jewelry making, sometimes that shows up in what I make now. And I’ve had other hobbies, but most of my evenings at home involve Netflix and my ‘craft cave’.

- a bit about your family & friends

I am an only parent to an amazing 9 yr old girl who has the crafty bone-despite all of her tomboyishness, but with the attention span of a june bug. Ha! I work full time during the week, and sometimes we’ll craft together, but mostly its after she goes to bed. I finally convinced my best friend in real life to join SCS- Jeziboo, which makes the swaps even more fun.

- favorite tools of the trade

My most used tools would be my inchie punch-I’ve actually had to replace it already, and my tweezers. My favorite products would be rhinestone shinies (BLING ALL THE THINGS!!) and Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge. I’m still figuring out stuff to do with that!

- something we might not know

When the occasion arises, I make cheese ball sculptures. Yes, like cheese ball the appetizer food, but in assorted 3-dimensional shapes. I couldn’t even list them all but the fanciest one was a white dragon with sliced almond scales and lefsa wings spitting red pepper slice flames. It was for a friend’s wedding reception.

- favorite swapping experience

I’d have to say the 100 Inchie swap was epic. I loved being in the ‘Inchie Zone’ and loved pouring over all my returns.

- anything else that you would like to share

I love being a part of the SCS swaps, the people here are brilliant and supportive and creative. And the hostesses, are all that and more! I’ve had a shining moment or two with something I’ve made, but most the time I feel like I’m tagging along with my big sis again. But no one ever makes me feel like that, and that encourages me to get better and better. And go shopping.

Be sure to check out Laura's gallery and keep an eye out for her in the swap forums.
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PookieStats - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Feel free to add your comments for Laura to this thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!