Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart February Swapper of the Month - Sama

Congratulations to our February Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Paola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sama

- how you got started:

A friend of mine registered both of us to attend a series of card making classes together, using SU! products.
It's been a spiraling love affair with stamps, inks and pretty paper ever since...I didn't even know what the word
'wet embossing' ment , just to mention one of many others I learned since! lol Then I discovered SCS in 2007 ,
and by pure chance too...I think I was searching for cards ideas and BINGO...a whole new inspiring world was discovered on line ♥

- how long have you been doing this ?

I started creating cards in 2006, made just a few, and still have the first couple cards I made *shudder...lol*
Once in a while I Iook them up and start to chuckle...I didn't even owned a
paper cutter at the very beginning, and was cutting all my card bases by hand
with the help of a ruler and scissors...oh boy- what was I thinking? lol

- do you have any other hobbies ?

Yes, quite a few in fact, but will only mention the ones I am most passionate about besides cardmaking ♥
*I absolutely love taking pictures...I believe that true beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
therefore even a dry blade of glass may be truly beautiful...My favorite subjects though are
my wonderful grandchildren...it's not unusual, for me, to take over 100 pictures in a day with any of them around...
Nature is another wonderful subject...from flowers to sceneries....from old rusty objects to interesting shaped rocks ...
*Reading- I am usually an avid reader, although I have been lacking lately. I read anything from romance to
who's done it , from biographies to thrillers ,suspense and mystery...
Reading is 'food for the brain', it allows you to escape daily routine, paired up with soothing music in the background
-especially after a hard day at work. Starting a new book is like going on a new journey where words run freely ,like a bubbling river in the spring...
*Travelling...oh how I do love to travel...let me count the ways! *wink* Whether is to an amazing all inclusive destination , or on a lovely cruise
or even if just a few km away from home, camping in our RVtrailer. The latter is the one we can afford the most, of course, so we do tend to camp often,
making new memories with each unique get away experience.

- a bit about your family & friends :

Married three times....to the same man ♥ lol
Let me explain ... *smile*
We married veryyyy young, three years after we met
( I had just turned 15 then, and he was 20 when our eyes first locked into each other )
Then we re-did our wows on our 25th Anniversary, in front of family and friends,
with our two grown children as our witnesses and re-did it again 4 year ago, on our 40th
Anniversary with the wonderful addition of our children's spouses and our 4 amazing grandchildren
who took turn to say the Blessings in front of all our friends and family at our wonderful
40th Anniversary surprise dinner celebration. We also found out , after the party in our honour,
that my daughter in law and my daughter (both very creative girls ) actually sent out stunning
hand made Anniversary invites to family and friends near and far...(we were lured to the dinner venue with an excuse!)
Our gorgeous cake resembled the invites made and its design was copied from my favorite SU stamp.
Every creative details was absolutely perfect. Feeling blessed and much loved.

- favorite tools of the trade :

Oh goodness...you really expect me to be able to pick just ONE?? Not a chance!.....lol
I have to say ,though, that my Big Shot is probably the most used tool and could NOT do without it!
(in fact I own two of them!...but that's another story altogether...lol)
Love loveee my Spellbinders and my embossing folders too amongst so many other tools...

- something we might not know :

hummm....hard to believe but I am actually really shy at heart. True! And take things too darn seriously,
yet I can be such a joker...go figure eh?! *grin*
You may not know that I used to sing in the choir of our Church . I also sung, a couple times, in front
of an assembly at work...and signed one song to the group of children who partecipated in my 'Learning
Signing class' after school hours, twice a week. I also love poetry - both reading it and writing my own.
You may not know that I become a grandma for the first time at only 39 years of age, and that God selected
our precious first grandbaby to grow and stay in His beautiful garden, in Paradise.
Another pertinent information you may not know is that I graduated - equivalent to grade 12 - at only 14 yo,
in Italy, the Country of my birth. There I also learned the basic of French for 3 years as well as Latin. Yes, Latin...*ugh,rolling eyes!*
I arrived in Canada at 14.5 years of age, on May 10, 1966 and mainly learned the English language on my own.
Years later, I took up evening classes to learn more French and Spanish as well as Sign Language.
I worked most of my life in Special Education and still love my job, but not so much the burocracy involved with it.
For 5 consecutive years was selected, by the Italian Government of my Province, to be the sole delegate between the five
existing groups from Emilia-Romagna (my Province)disperse in Canada, so I used to travel a lot both to Italy and other
areas in Canada. ♥ Loved it!

- favorite swapping experience :

Most of the swaps I joined in throughout the years left satisfying touches, but I must say that my most favorite swaps
are the ones where good friendship truly cemented and grew, starting with SOTC, Forest, DDD, CG and WS swaps.
It was through some of the friends in these swaps that I was encourage to start my own blog That's Amore!
(even though I STILL have several techno-hurdles to cope with!) If you wish to take a peek here's my link : That's Amore!
I also love to host from time to time, my most favorite swap so far is the Mo Manning full cards swap, where the amazing designer,
Mo herself, gets involved and graciously donates prizes too...she's so kindhearted and I love her to bits!
♥ BTW: Watch for my next Mo Manning swap coming up veryyyyyyy soonnnn!! ♥
I was very fortunate to also meet some wonderful swappers in real life. One of them, who's my soul sistah, flew to Seattle where
another dear friend in common and amazing card crafter , organized a week end for the three of us... totally surprising me speechless!
(I travelled to Seattle from Vancouver BC) What an amazing, UNforgettable time we had... here's to more in the near future! ♥

- anything else that you would like to share :

I feel as if I wrote way, wayyy too much already...lol...but words just kept pouring out...lol...
however there is certainly one more thing I want to add right from the core of my heart:
♥THANK YOU so much for this truly unexpected wonderful surprise and huge honour from fellow swappers!♥
I feel humble to be the bearer of such priceless choice! In fact I was shockeddddd when I first read
about it and of course I had to pinch myself silly! LOL....There are sooo many unbelievably talented card crafters
here on SCS and to you all I take a bow ,you are so incredibly inspiring...and then there's lil old me....OH MY GOSH!
It soooooo feels like it's Grammy and Oscar night all rolled in one!! lol
Again...THANK YOU all who voted and supported my creative
endeavours
and to the amazing SCS site!

~Paola (SCS: Sama)~
Be sure to check out Paola's gallery and keep an eye out for her in the swap forums.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - Sama - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Feel free to add your comments for Paola to this thread.

---------

Last edited by Jmaraul; 02-03-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!