Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart February Swapper of the Month - russnzella

Congratulations to our February Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Zella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella
Oh my goodness! What a shock!!! You must have made a mistake because there are so many others who are so much more worthy than I! I'm so honored & humbled that someone would take the time to nominate me.

My stamping all started with my Aunt who is an AMAZING Stamper! She made cards that were such great works of art & encouraged me to try it. So off to the store I went to buy a $20 kit. I'm such an "all or nothing" type personality...within 1 month after buying kit, I had accumulated over 100 stamps & all the trimmings that go along with this obsession we call Stamping. Since then there has been no looking back - the accumulation has continued throughout the years...gee, looking back it must be about 8-10 years now. Time flies when you're having fun doesn't it?! I can't say I'm very good at stamping, but I do enjoy it. I look at the galleries of people here on SCS & am always amazed at the work that others do...it inspires me!

Other hobbies would include collecting dust bunnies...oh wait - that one moved so that must be part of our cat collection! I have tried my hand at many other crafts over the years. I've done cross stitching but it wasn't for me. After hours of work I want to see more than just a 2" square done. (Again, part of my all-or-nothing type personality). I've made candles, tried to learn to sew (made a teddy bear once that looked like a giant mouse!), and crochet. The two that stuck have been stamping and crocheting. I also love to read. A few years ago I felt convicted about what I was putting into my mind (God has a way of hitting me over the head about things I shouldn't be doing) & had to completely change my reading habits (as well as viewing & listening habits but that's another story). So now I read mostly Christian authors who write suspense novels.

Family & friends mean the world to me! They are such lovely people & I'm truly blessed by having each one as part of my life. Family is something that is a bit different for me than for most. I was adopted at 7 weeks old. I've never known any biological family members so I don't have any blood relatives. Family for me is of the heart - those that I love. I was adopted by two of the most amazing people that anyone could ever know and they are mom & dad in every sense of the word. I also have a brother who was adopted as well. A little over 13 years ago I met my husband (guess what his name is...LOL!!) He is such a saint! So much more than I ever deserved!! Let me put it this way - my mom tells me that if he & I ever got into a fight, she would side with him! LOL!! We have 3 adult children (all from his previous marriage)...they live 250 miles away from us so we don't get to see them as much as we would like. So our collection includes 2 sons, 1 daughter, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 soon-to-be-daughter-in-law, 3 granddaughters, and 1 soon-to-be-step-granddaughter....oh, & we can't forget the 2 furry children that live with us...ok, they are really cats but they think they are people.

My favorite tools would be my stamps, paper, Cuttlebug, embossing folders, Nesties, bling, buttons, ribbon....Oh - it's so hard to choose just one thing! Well, if I must choose something that is my favorite tool it would have to be SCS! Yes, I do consider SCS one of the tools in my arsenal. Without SCS I'd be lost for inspiration & being challenged to go outside my box.

I guess if there was something that people don't know about me it would be that I'm VERY shy. I know it doesn't really seem like it online, but put me in a room with people & I clam up! It's a good thing that Russ & I met online because he's the same way & if we had met face to face first we most likely would have never even talked to each other much less have got married!

As for a favorite swapping experience - I can't really say. I've hosted a couple swaps & that was a great experience. I participate in swaps - also a great experience. Swapping is a great way to not only be able to spend some time in the craft room, but to get the mojo going and see what others are doing. It's also a great way to push yourself to do something different....I had never thought of doing any type of altering of objects but a friend was hosting a swap once & I joined in it - and found a new way to use my stamps and stuff. But more than anything else - swapping is a great way to meet new friends & those I have met here on SCS are not only amazing artists &crafters - but also wonderful people!

As for anything else to share (gee, I think I wrote a book already)....probably the number one thing about me is my faith. It is who I am and what centers me. I love the Lord with all my heart and as it says in Joshua..."as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". Again, I'm humbled & honored that someone would nominate me for this. Thank you! Now stop reading and go back to crafting!
Be sure to check out Zella's gallery and keep an eye out for her in the swap forums.

russnzella's gallery

Feel free to add your comments for Zella to this thread.

---------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Way to go Zella! I have been in many swaps with Zella as a hostess as well as a participant--she does an awesome job on both ends!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Zella had been my big and very generous, kind secret sister in the past! You're the best!

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

WTG, Zella!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Glitter Guru

Congratulations! What a wonderful honor.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations Zella! Great choice
2014 Goals: Cards ~ 17/75 Scrap pages ~ 47/150 (April goal 0/6)
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Glitter Guru

Way to go Zella!!