Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree200Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #41
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I will join as well, I really like the idea of a new name each month.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #42
Swapper of the Month March 2012

No, but grew up around military as my dad, stepdad, exDH and many relatives/friends were all military. But I have a hard time too, Marilyn. Its only by the Grace of God I achieve anything I am certain. I highly recommend the book Made to Crave by Lisa Terkeurst too. Puts those cravings into a different perspective and it addresses the WANT TO part of losing, whereas diets/plans only address the HOW TO. I use Made to Crave for WANT TO, and Blood Sugar Solution for the HOW TO. Those are the only ones that have really worked for me thus far.
And a lot of Prayer!

I did weaken some over the weekend and have some things in minor amounts as we went out, but kept to a minimum!

And I finaly tried out my new bike last night. I LOVE my new retro bike. The seat is so much more comfortable and the handlebars are positioned so that I'm sitting upright, not leaning over into them. It has a cup holder on it and a bike basket, no gears to shift, and simple peddle brakes (the old fashioned kind you just backpeddle to stop). I kept to fairly level ground paths and enjoyed a few miles riding on it! Got a basic but good workout for a start and plan on using it lots more! DH bought it for me for my upcoming birthday so we can use it on the greenbelt paths here -- it was from Walmart and is the one at 26" Huffy Nel Lusso Women's Cruiser Bike, Gloss Blue - Walmart.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaporte View Post
Susan... were you in the military? I have had a hard time with disciplining myself to accompolish the simplest goals.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 06-17-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

What a cute bike!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
Glitter Guru

Susan, beautiful bike. Enjoy!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Susan thanks for the answer. I had been reading the Made to Crave book before Easter and well I have been working on other important changes. I do want to get back to reading it, watching the companion study DVD.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #46
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Roxie -- are we posting any answers to questions or such to give hints?
Sure, sound a good!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #47
Hardware Hotshot

I have been traveling for a few days, so didn't get to post. On top of that my flight on Th. was extremely turbulent and made me sick for a couple of days and then yesterday I lost my prescription reading glasses - grrr.

Anyways, I am home for three days and then back on the road Friday - going to the eye doctor tomorrow.

So I want to welcome Joyce, Diane and Lynn L.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #48
Hardware Hotshot

Also, welcome to Jeannie (jhtpa).
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #49

Marilyn (and all) -- If you can find a Made to Crave study group there, I highly recommend it. Great way to encourage one another!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #50
Watercolor Wizard

Feeling a little frustrated. On a plateau with the weight loss thing (six days now). I've been told to not think of it as a plateau but as maintaining.....
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #51
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
Feeling a little frustrated. On a plateau with the weight loss thing (six days now). I've been told to not think of it as a plateau but as maintaining.....
Lynn, better to maintain than gain.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #52
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Hang in there Lynn - remember the scale is just a number - if you feel better and are getting healthy that is what is important. Don't get discouraged by a number.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #53
Watercolor Wizard

I've read MADE TO CRAVE and enjoyed it but I've found another book I like better. It's RESHAPING IT ALL by Candace Cameron Bure. Books are similar in respect to leaning on God and faith to reshape your eating habits but I like Candace's "style" better.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Roxie ~ Thank you for the welcome.

I haven't done this one before. It sounds like fun. I love getting "happy mail" and to receive something encouraging is all the better!

Everyone ~

Any "hints" or advice for how to do this swap? Any advice you have would be great.

What have you received in the past that really brightened your day or helped you?

Thanks! ~ Diane

Isaiah 9:6
Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #55
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Six days is not a plateau. Your body needs time to adjust to the changes you are making. You also need to consider how much you need to loose vs how much you have lost. Remember slower is better and easier to maintain. Crash or starvation diets do not work!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #56
Pearl-ExPert

I'm in. Joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) about a year and a half ago. I'm down 45 pounds. That is only a little more than half a pound a week but I don't feel at all deprived. For the first time in my life I'm not on a diet - I'm learning to eat good, healthy food and lovin' it! This swap will be perfect to remind me that I'm a different person now - and to encourage others on their weight loss path. Thanks SO much for thinking of this.

Urgently Needed - Cards for Jayden
Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #57
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome Louise!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #58
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies! Lets do a conscious check of how much water we are drinking today. You need 64 ounces. Do you know how much you drink each day? Do not include other liquids in your water consumption unless its calorie and caffeine free. Which means no coffee or soda. Some flavored waters and crystal light (not the energy kind) are ok. Lets report back with how we did. Whose with me?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #59
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Joyce I'm with you. It's a good reminder. 64... I can do that
Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #60
Watercolor Wizard

If I drank 64 ounces of water in a day I'd spend more time in the bathroom than anywhere else. I do consume at least 64 ounces of fluid each day but some of that is half caff coffee. Right now I can't use the water flavorings because the sweeteners they use actually increase appetite. On Sunday I plan on going on maintenance for at least a month. I log my calories daily on myfitnesspal.com. If I didn't I wouldn't have a clue as to my caloric intake.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #61

Just being on time makes a big difference I think. I have been in ones in the past where people send late and it is very discouraging and frustrating to the recipient.

Taking the time to send something that appeals to the other person, showing you did listen or note their likes/dislikes too, not just sending what you want to (disregarding their requests).

For me, doesn't have to be anything expensive or big. I'm glad this one is focused on cards and then you can send something encouraging in it, so that it doesn't get overboard on being expensive or costly to mail too. Don't get me wrong, I have received wonderful gifts too that I love (frames quotes, insulated mugs/glasses, healthy treats I could have, hand decorated glasses with 'going' and 'gone' written on them and glass marbles to move from one to the other as I lost lbs, books, CDs, etc.) -- but I don't want anyone stressing on costs to send to me! I just love and am encouraged by receiving anything in the mail personally! It tells me someone thought of me and cares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinkit View Post
Everyone ~

Any "hints" or advice for how to do this swap? Any advice you have would be great.

What have you received in the past that really brightened your day or helped you?

Thanks! ~ Diane

Old 06-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #62

I may have to get that one too and read it, Lynn. Thanks.
Quote:
I've read MADE TO CRAVE and enjoyed it but I've found another book I like better. It's RESHAPING IT ALL by Candace Cameron Bure. Books are similar in respect to leaning on God and faith to reshape your eating habits but I like Candace's "style" better.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #63

Sharing a Couple of Articles I read that I enjoyed:

Eat Brazil nuts . . . but not too many! | SavingDinner.com

Tell a Friend --- NOTE: There is a tab on there for Freebies if you know someone reading this book or using it for motivation and looking for ideas.

Articles | Dr. Mark Hyman

Old 06-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #64

Hi Everyone!!! I know Roxie will be assigning us our first WLSS soon, so I was hoping we'd all start posting things about our likes/dislikes/goals... I didn't miss a list of questions or such yet, did I?

Anyhow, here is some info on me that I hope will help whoever ends up sending to me!

My HOW TO: Blood Sugar Solution by Dr. Hyman, and also just bought the Flexitarian Diet book to read for additional information.

My WHY TO: Made to Crave by Lisa Terkeurst

My Goal: 75 lbs total, but would really like to loose at least 25 by my birthday at the end of August.
Started at 247.5 lbs.
9/19/13 update 237.5 lbs.

Exercise Plans: Trying to. Bicycling, water aerobics, walking right now are my main ones. Plan to start some strength training too and the elliptical, and maybe some yoga and tai chi if I can find the classes to work with my schedule. 30 min a day is my goal, and up from there if I can.

A little about me or likes/dislikes:
A Christian woman of faith, like positives/humor, but nothing sarcastic/cynical/negative. No skulls please or things like that. Crafting style/preferences are eclectic, but nothing really country please for the most part. Favorite color is deep shades of purple, Autumn/nature colors too. No candles, lotions, antibacs, etc. please.

Anything in particular you would like to receive in your card? Encouragement. Humor. Ideas for naturopathic approaches. Recipes that are no gluten no dairy no sugar no caffeine (all natural). Maybe a fun inexpensive clear stamp or card kit or sign to keep me focused. Verve stamps and thin dies are awesome ie their scripture ones or quotes (http://shopverve.com/), owls and dragonflies, nature themes, fun health themes. Even stamped images are great.

Foods/Drinks/Dietary Restrictions: NO gluten, no dairy, no caffeine, no sugars (not even artificial ones and definitely no corn syrups or products). I snack on plain nuts (mostly almonds, pistachios, walnuts and brazil nuts; no peanuts), organic/all natural/unsweetened/unsulfured dried only fruit snacks like Peeled brand, Sea's Gift Roasted Seaweed Snacks, all natural Kale Chips. I don't use additives to water, just drink the water mostly, sometimes an organic juice or such. Occasional cane sugar or agave in things is okay, but otherwise I avoid preservatives or any kinds of sugars or artificial ingredients.

Birthday: 8/26

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 09-19-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Susan ~

Thanks for responding to my questions (post #61). You offered some helpful suggestions and gave good feedback. Much appreciated!

Also, thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself (post # 64). I was wondering if there was a list of questions we should answer in order to help our SS a little bit.

Thanks so much!

Isaiah 9:6
Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #66

This is always a tough one but I'm getting better at it. I'm on my fourth glass now (8 oz each roughly). Planning on two at dinner time and two after that/at bedtime too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Good morning ladies! Lets do a conscious check of how much water we are drinking today. You need 64 ounces. Do you know how much you drink each day? Do not include other liquids in your water consumption unless its calorie and caffeine free. Which means no coffee or soda. Some flavored waters and crystal light (not the energy kind) are ok. Lets report back with how we did. Whose with me?

Old 06-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #67
Pearl-ExPert

Responding to Post #58 - Drinking 64 oz water. I try to drink at least 3 16 oz cups of water daily. Also a number of cups of coffee - black. Yes, I know that coffee isn't the best for me, but its my only vice so I guess it could be worse. My doctor told me that the whole 64 oz of water (just as water) wasn't really necessary. I do not drink artificially sweetened drinks or soda or juices so when I drink a beverage it is plain water or coffee (sigh).

Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #68

Careful on coffee and tea though in that they are diuretics so they make you LOSE water in a sense and counter what you are drinking. So my doctor told me for every cup of coffee or tea (caffeinated) that I have, I had to have an additional cup of water. That makes for one very waterlogged person after a while... haha.

I'm off caffeine now for the most part, rarely treat myself to one. As well as gluten, dairy, and sugars. For me, it has made a huge difference in headaches, swelling, arthritis, vision, clarity/focus, and other health issues. Saving me a lot in doctor's bills, medications, and chiropractor visits...

Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #69
Pearl-ExPert

Thought I'd use Susan's excellent format to post my own list of information.

My HOW TO: Joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) about 1-1/2 yrs ago. LOVE it. I do count points (like weight watchers) but not religiously. Mostly I'm using TOPS program that teaches people to think about eating healthy and reasonably.

My WHY TO : I want to 1) be able to (comfortably) get on the floor and play with my grandkids 2) I want to treat the body God gave me with respect and 3) I want to be an encouragement to my husband - helping him to be as healthy as he can be as well

Goal 1: I've already taken off 45 pounds and my doctor said an other 20 pounds is not unreasonable.
Goal 2: Take off the pounds slowly and in a way where I can change the way I look at and react to food so that I can easily keep the pounds off.

Exercise Plans: Cardio 3 times/week. Weights 2 times/week. Weekends off (unless I want to exercise). I just got the deal of the century on an elliptical machine for my home. Regularly $1,600.00 and I got it brand new for $400 - so the the cardio will be easier to stick to.

Who I am: A Christian woman who loves her family. Right now I'm attending a Baptist church, grew up in a Lutheran Church, attended a Pentecostal church for many years. I guess that makes me a Bapta-costal-ian... LOL I am the author of two books and have a literary agent located in CA. I live on the east coast. Praise God for the technology that allows us to bridge that gap. My day job is in fiance. I make cards and write so that I can use the creative side of my brain outside of work. I've found that most accounting departments frown on a person getting creative with their numbers (grin). I have (I hope) a good sense of humor. I have three sons. My oldest is married to a wonderful girl and lives in VA along with my two grand daughters. My middle son is a long-haul trucker and lives all over the place. My youngest is a missionary and is married to a young lady who has become one of my dearest friends. All my boys are 6 feet plus and the youngest finally hit 6'7". All have inherited my big feet (I wear an Size 11 sneaker) - sigh.

I love coffee & chocolate and have both each day. My coffee is black and my chocolate is always dark. I find that if I can look forward to one small piece of dark chocolate each evening I can pass up all the rest of the junk during the day. My big splurge is a "skinny" (skim milk, sugar free) caramel macchiato during the last week of each month. I love reading - mysteries, non-fiction, and sci-fi. I love my kindle and my audio books which I usually listen to while I workout. I love NYC and LOVE New Jersey (yes, I'm nuts). I'm a Jersey girl through and through and live about 45 minutes from NYC in the middle of a beautiful mountain range with lakes, bears, foxes, deer and other wild life (not all of NJ is like Newark). With a quick drive I can leave the mountain behind and see the latest show on Broadway. Its awesome. I'm very family oriented and love my dear and very patient husband, my three grown boys, my two amazing daughters in law and my two beautiful grandchildren more than anything on this earth.

Anything in particular you would like to receive in your card?:
Not looking for anything to be enclosed with the card. Write me a heartfelt note of encouragement and I'll be happy as can be. Tell me about yourself - I'd love to know about the people in this group. Quotes, small clear stamps, half pearls or something small to use in card making would be lovely. Again... nothing but a note about how YOU are doing on your weight loss journey would be just fine and a great encouragement to me.

Foods/Drinks/Dietary: I don't use artificial sweeteners (except in my once/month caramel macchiato). I drink only plain water (no flavoring) and also an occasional seltzer with fresh fruit in it. I do love coffee and some teas. When I have chocolate its dark and small. Love fruits and veggies; chicken, fish & beef... pretty much anything that doesn't move faster than me - when I'm hungry. LOL I may be a bit of a food snob because my husband is great cook and the NY/NJ area has SO much good food - so I'm spoiled. NOT into juicing, junk food, diet foods, or fast food. Just eating less than I used to and making better choices of the "real" food that I do eat.

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you guys!

Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #70
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Careful on coffee and tea though in that they are diuretics so they make you LOSE water in a sense and counter what you are drinking. So my doctor told me for every cup of coffee or tea (caffeinated) that I have, I had to have an additional cup of water. That makes for one very waterlogged person after a while... haha.

I'm off caffeine now for the most part, rarely treat myself to one. As well as gluten, dairy, and sugars. For me, it has made a huge difference in headaches, swelling, arthritis, vision, clarity/focus, and other health issues. Saving me a lot in doctor's bills, medications, and chiropractor visits...
I'm blessed in that I have had no health issues so far - even though menopause. Low blood pressure, normal cholesterol, etc. I have a very high pressure job (work for a Pharma company processing contracts and handling the financials). I know coffee is a diuretic but I keep close tabs on my other liquids. I have a broth based soup with lunch every day, lots of fresh veggies which the nutritionist says are loaded with liquids, and I also snack on watermelon twice each day. So far - no issues. Down 45 pounds and I don't even feel like I'm on a diet. Lovin it!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #71
Proud Fan Club Member

Louise, that so interesting that your doc says its not necessary. My doc says it will stave off headaches, keep you regular, keep you fuller longer, helps to flush out those things we take in that aren't good for us. I would be interested to hear his recomendation.

I made it to 59 ounces yesterday. Just plain water and Twinnings English breakfast tea, which is naturally decaf. I do tend to use artificial sweetener, but I'm going to cut that back as well.

I'm in maintenance mode. I went from a size 16 to a size 0-4 depending how things are made. I don't see myself as that size and I always comment how fit people are. My husband says I don't realize how little I am. But I don't want to be little I want to be fit, which keeps me working very hard at it. I've had some major health issues, a stroke at age 34, 9 surgeries last year. Praying this year is healthier.

My goals
Drink 64 ounces of water
Eat 12-1400 calories that consist of 60-90 grams of protein.
Never to feel cheated out of life.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Louise, that so interesting that your doc says its not necessary. My doc says it will stave off headaches, keep you regular, keep you fuller longer, helps to flush out those things we take in that aren't good for us. I would be interested to hear his recommendation.
Here is a very good article by Dr. Oz (the TV guy) that basically sums up the latest information regarding drinking water and dieting that my doctor told me about.
How Much Water Do You Really Need? | The Dr. Oz Show

ashjoy likes this post.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #73
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I like Susan's format too so here's info about me:

My HOW TO: Weight Watchers (online)
My WHY TO: Because I truly believe that this body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and it's about time I start treating it as such
My Goal: It's a lofty one.....I have A LOT to lose....my first goal is to lose 15-20 pounds a month

Exercise Plans: Something I need to do...I need to start using the treadmill....and using the Wii....honestly it's hart to exercise at this size but this too shall pass

First and foremost I'm a Christian. I prefer not to receive anything with off-color language or that would be counter to my faith. As for crafting - I'm basically a simple card maker - I mail my cards so usually they are pretty flat. The only things I really stay away from are neon colors, eyelets, and flat stickers.

Anything in particular you would like to receive in your card? I'm not picky and don't expect anyone to go out and spend a lot of money on things. Words of encouragement, recipes, ideas - anything really.

Foods/Drinks/Dietary: One of the great things about Weight Watchers is that I can really have anything as long as it falls in my points for the day. But I am trying to stay away from candy - even the sugar free stuff - because I find it's a trigger for me to want more and more and more
Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #74
Proud Fan Club Member

Zella, so glad you are headed in the right direction. But that goal is not a SMART goal. More then 2 pounds a week and you won't keep it off.
muzbysmom likes this post.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #75
Die Cut Diva

I’ll jump in with my info!
My HOW: I joined Weight Watchers online on January 1st of this year and have had success with it so far. I like that I can eat what I want! It seems I’ve eaten more fresh fruits and vegetables since I started with WW, than I have my entire life!
My WHY: I’m retired and have my first grandchild and want to be the grandma that will be around to play and craft with my grandchild for a long time.

My Goal: I set a goal to lose about 70 pounds by next January. I’m halfway there! I’m losing about a pound or less a week. I’m pleased with my progress and do not feel like I’m depriving myself.

My Exercise Plan: I go to the Y four or more times a week and use the treadmill there. I am also working myself up to using the elliptical for 30 minutes.
Who I am: I am retired from teaching, as is my husband. I love to read. My hobby is making cards mostly, but I’m also getting into making journals and doing altered crafts. My husband and I enjoy going to auctions. We collect Red Wing stoneware. I’m also starting a collection of milk glass. We have three adult children; one daughter who is married and had her first child this last Thanksgiving. Our two sons are not married yet. I’m quite easy-going and easy to please.
Anything in particular you would like to receive in your card: I don’t need gifts in my cards. Encouraging and humorous quotes would be fine. Recipes are always a delight. A note to tell me more about you would be fun. Bookmarks are always welcome! As far as style of cards, I appreciate whatever talents others have, especially when they are different from mine. I mostly make cards with clean lines. I have a variety of tastes, from whimsical to elegant, snarky to romantic.
Foods/Drinks/Dietary: I gave up diet soda more than a year ago and I’ve been drinking Crystal Light, but want to wean myself from that as well and stick with water with lemon slices. (I do not drink enough water each day – so need to work on that!) If I do have a snack other than fresh fruit or veggies, I have on hand the 100 calorie snack packages, whether it is sweets or salty snacks. But I do try to stop myself and reach for the fruit first!

Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #76
Watercolor Wizard

My HOW TO: First Place For Heath (spiritual based weight loss program through my church). We are on a summer hiatus (not my idea) right now so my support system is down.

My WHY TO: I want to feel better physically and mentally and spiritually. I think I would respect myself more if I took better care of myself.

My Goal: My initial goal was to lose 70 pounds. I've lost 50 pounds since October 1, 2012 and am very happy with that so my CURRENT goal is just to maintain. I'd still like to lose the other 20 but not necessarily right now. Like I said for now - maintenance.

Exercise Plans: I was going to the gym 3 times a week and using the treadmill, stationary bike, and elliptical but I went back to work (retail) recently so I'm not getting to the gym as much. I do walk a lot at work and am constantly moving so.....

A little about me or likes/dislikes: I'm a clean and simple stamper. I scrapbook some but not as much as I used to. I'm a little perplexed as what can be mailed inexpensively for this swap and will be interested to see what kinds of ideas others come up with....

Anything in particular you would like to receive in your card - I enjoy getting stamped images or little trinkets to use as embellishments on cards.

Foods/Drinks/Dietary: I'm trying to stay as much away from carbs as I can but not on a low carb diet per se. I'm a calorie watcher and log daily on myfitnesspal.com. I do enjoy sugar free gum and fruity teas.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Roxie,
Can I join? I lost 30 pounds last year and put it all back on. How stupid is that? I have been trying to cut down the last week or so, but not doing the best. I think I need something like this!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I will join as well, I really like the idea of a new name each month.
Yep, it sounds fun!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #79

Sounds awesome! You will have to share recipes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
I'm blessed in that I have had no health issues so far - even though menopause. Low blood pressure, normal cholesterol, etc. I have a very high pressure job (work for a Pharma company processing contracts and handling the financials). I know coffee is a diuretic but I keep close tabs on my other liquids. I have a broth based soup with lunch every day, lots of fresh veggies which the nutritionist says are loaded with liquids, and I also snack on watermelon twice each day. So far - no issues. Down 45 pounds and I don't even feel like I'm on a diet. Lovin it!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #80

Good article, TFS!
I use the urine color gauge also... its always a clue to me if I'm dehydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
Here is a very good article by Dr. Oz (the TV guy) that basically sums up the latest information regarding drinking water and dieting that my doctor told me about.
How Much Water Do You Really Need? | The Dr. Oz Show

Closed Thread