Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree630Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #281
Compulsive Stamper

Dear Secret Elf,
This has been both a stressful and exciting year, as I'm sure it has been for most people! My boyfriend & I celebrated our first year together and decided to live together - in a new city. It's taken some adjustments. Our first apartment was flooded out in our first month there and we were dealing with mold & damages that forced us to look for a new apartment. Our search was stressful and took a few months as renters were concerned about our stability (as new people to the city, we hadn't had our new jobs very long). We finally moved in to a beautiful new condo on October 1st and things have been going great since.

I suppose I should get to my list! I can guarantee I'd love anything you send me. I'm not picky and just appreciate small gifts. Unfortunately when I moved a few years ago I had to get rid of all of my crafting supplies and have only just started to rebuild my collection again, so anything you'd be willing to give would help! I don't even mind gently used products, as long as they are still functional.

The supplies I could use most right now are glue runners (any), punches, aqua pens, acrylic stamp blocks, ribbon (I love grosgrain & the stitched ones especially), buttons, brads, 3x3 envelopes, cardstock, ink pads & chalks. I love bright colors especially, but will work with everything. I don't have a preferred company or brand. In the past I really only worked with Stampin' Up! products, but I am branching out to try new things. I just purchased some clear stamps from Paper Smooches that are adorable. If you have any stamps you really enjoy, I'd love even some stamped images (I think the bella girls are super cute!)

Things I don't really need or can't really use right now would be flat stickers, flowers, embossing powders, dies, or eyelets.

In my spare time I like to play video games. As the only girl living with two boys, playing xbox is something we do maybe a little too often. I appreciate video game related things, maybe single stamps with the theme, or anything else you may come across! I love geekery in general. I'm especially a big Star Wars & Doctor Who fan, so anything with those themes or relating to those is perfect! I am an avid reader and love reading fiction. If you have a good book you are looking to pass on, I'd love to take it off of your hands. I spend a lot of time drinking coffee & teas while I'm reading those books, too. I have a tassimo, and I am addicted to Starbucks, as well as Davids Tea. I love scented candles, as well as bubble bath. I'm trying to cut back on the sweets, but when the no sugar added chocolates go on sale, I love to nab some of those.

If you know how to knit or crochet, I love the knit berets, or scarves! They are so cute. I'd really love anything you made me, honestly. I want to share in your creativity!

My letter is getting a little longer than I had anticipated. I don't mean to sound greedy, Elf, and I know whatever you come up with will be just perfect! I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and hope you get spoiled just as much! Thanks so much for your generosity.

Last edited by MonsterAutopsy; 10-07-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #282
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
You'll be glad you did...nice bunch of ELVES we have here!
Yes, we have a good time!
Have a great day everyone!
dougswife and armywife like this post.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #283
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning ladies. I'm drinking a coffee trying very hard to start my day. I have to clean by craft room that's for sure and today I feel like a lump. It's finally nice in sunny in my part of Ontario, however it was deceiving when I step out side and felt the fall chill.

Hope everyone has a great morning
Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #284
Inking Addict

Hey everyone! Hope all are enjoying a great week so far

I guess my favorite Christmas colors are traditional...red, green and white. Since moving to Texas I've added some local decorations (like a cowboy snowman) and lots of Texas stars. Those are big here. I've also started to use more natural colors blended in with the greens and reds, so ivory and some touches of burlap.

I'm off to the Silhouette store this afternoon -- a friend asked me to make some Halloween bag toppers for her sons class. If I can get them together I'll take a picture and see if I can get it posted. I've never posted anything I've made before. I'm such an old newbie!

Bye for now!!!

"Listen to what you know, instead of what you fear." R.Bach
Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #285
Die Cut Diva

Can i get a spot?? I think I just made it under the buzzer!!!!
Joan7356 likes this post.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #286
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygoofus View Post
Can i get a spot?? I think I just made it under the buzzer!!!!
You sure can! Just send me your mailing addy and have your Secret Elf letter posted by the sign-up deadline.

Thanks for playing!

Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #287
Die Cut Diva

Dear Elf SS,

This past year has had some ups and downs but thankfully, mostly ups! I met an amazing man at the beginning of the year after being single for 6 years (after a 13 year unhappy marriage). It is by far, the best relationship I have been in. I am currentyl working with Severe Special Needs kiddos in an elementary school. I also work with the SSN kids at the after school program. I am attending college classes online and in the evening. I have a 7 year old little miss that keeps me busy with scouts, swimming, gymnastics and recently added choir and art club at school. I do not get any help from her dad but it has been so long, I am used to it now.

As for what my crafting habits are..... I am a demonstrator for SU and have been for over 10 years. I am pretty exculsive to SU for my stamps and inks but that is about it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Doodlebug Designs. I love their holiday lines but really like any of their lines. I like whimsical and humorous, bright colors and fun. BLing is always a good way to go. I usually scrap pictures of my girl who is ALL girl but starting to scrap a bit more of "family". I make cards and a lot of 3-d items and altered items as well. I use an ATG gun for adhesive and lots of brads and charms. I am finding that I like beaded stick pins quite a bit too lately.

I do not like earth tones, vintage, eyelets, flat stickers, steam punk, tim holtz (some of his things are ok to use on projects but as a whole, not my style).

I am not very picky and easy to please as long as things are useful and is good shape. I am also an organizer freak and love bags, boxes and totes.

I like dark chocolate, kit kats and Reese's peanut butter cups but I do not eat them all that often. I like salty snacks a bit better. LOVE cheese and pretzels. I do not drink anything hot, no tea, coffee, hot chocolate. RARE RARE occasion during the holidays I will have a gingerbread steamer from starbucks.

Anything else, Just ask!!!!

Jennifer

Last edited by babygoofus; 10-09-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #288
Watercolor Wizard

Joan asked what our Christmas colors are. I switch around. Some years my tree is gold and white, another year silver, the last two years we've had snowman ornaments on the tree. I used to decorate quite a bit but we're in a mobile home now and just don't have room to store much so then there's not much to put out.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #289
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tlc.2scotties

I used to love decorating for Christmas... I guess I still love it, but the last three Christmases have been quite out of the ordinary. In 2010, we moved from Vermont to Chicago on December 12. In 2011 we moved from Chicago to Dryden Ontario. Last year we were in Winnipeg. I was fortunate to be in Vermont with my family, but Hubby was in Winnipeg . Haven't been able to decorate for the last 3 years. This year, we are hoping to go to Vermont to be with my family together! Woo Hoo!! I will enjoy having the best of both worlds at Christmas this year, but probably won't be decorating.

Back when things were more settled, I love having a themed Christmas tree. Always a real tree that we cut down ourselves. I like blue and silver, red and gold and snowmen.

We love to entertain (Hubby and Me)... I love the idea of cookie swaps, but have never done one. One year I did a healthy appetizer swap. Everyone brought the appetizer to share and the recipe printed out on recipe cards. After the party I put together a little ringed recipe book with all of the recipes for each person who attended.

I love shopping for my family at Christmas. The best part is wrapping all the presents! I love to make special tags and wrap with bows and fancy ribbons. I used to stay up to 2 in the morning on Christmas Eve with my Mom and have a gift wrapping party. I am looking forward to that this year!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #290
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!
I have tomorrow off and plan on spending the whole day in my stamp room!
I have a Christmas village and have had it for several years. Does anyone else have a Christmas village?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #291
Stampin' Fool

Dear Secret Elf,

To start off with I guess I better let you know I prefer to mail only in the US.

These are some of my favorite things:

dark chocolate
prima flowers (I like the bigger ones)
ephemera ~ I love to make altered journals and use a lot of ephemera
If you also love to alter items I sure wouldn't mind receiving something that you've made
die cut envelopes ~ smaller ones.....they're just so cute
copic markers ~ reds
My favorite 6x6 paper is either graphic 45 or bo bunny
I do like bling, I even like flourishes
Lace is so pretty on an altered journal
I drink a lot of coffee so I love my Keurig.....even flavored keurig kcups rock!
Altered Handmade 2014 date book for my purse
I love Tim Holtz & Graphic 45.
My favorite color is red. Do not really care for blue. I love earth tones and rich regal tones. Not much into pastels. Love vintage and shabby chic.
I have more than enough stamps, card stock and ink.

Of course this is just an idea list. I love a lot of different things. Especially like handmade things. Mini albums right now are my favorite. I don't care for stickers, cutesy, religious, neon and glitter

If you need more info from me well just ask!

Last edited by NYTripletMommy; 10-11-2013 at 04:18 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to grateful2bsaved

Last edited by grateful2bsaved; 10-08-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #293
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved View Post
Hey Pam...is that all we get...just one of your lovely SCHMILES? Sign up...come on...hop on Santa's sleigh and join in!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
grateful2bsaved likes this post.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #294
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Pam...is that all we get...just one of your lovely SCHMILES? Sign up...come on...hop on Santa's sleigh and join in!
I'm THINKING, I'm THINKING! lol
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #295
Stazon Splitcoast

Dear Secret Elf,

I'm not very particular. Don't care for loose glitter, or fibers (they're pretty but I don't know how to use them). I'm so sorry not to be able to tell you more about my likes/dislikes, but my mind always goes blank when I try to rush.

12 inches of SU ruffle stretch trim ribbon (or similar)
11 Candy Dots (any color) by SU or similar
10 colorful buttons
9 stamped sentiments (funny or inspirational) on white CS
8 embellishments for cards (flowers, flat backed pearls, ???)
7 color burst (love blues, greens, purples, jewel tones)
6 pop dots
5 jumbo brads
4 embossed card fronts
3 card front/samples
2 card kits
1 Aqua Painter watercolor brush
Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #296
Stazon Splitcoast

Please put me down for US, unless you need someone to send international.

Oh, and we're a non-smoking house.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #297
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! I'd like some clarification from all of you. For this swap - are we really to send 12, 10, 9, 8, etc. of each thing or do you think of it as just a list of things - 1 through 12? I'm thinking of our wishes as a list of 12 things we'd like to get. If some of these lists were taken literally we'd all be spending a small fortune on each other! Several times Joan has posted that we should remember no one is expected to spend more than the $25 minimum.... (plus shipping of course and the $25 is for crafting supplies - any lotions, treats, etc. are in addition to the $25).
Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #298
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
Good morning ladies! I'd like some clarification from all of you. For this swap - are we really to send 12, 10, 9, 8, etc. of each thing or do you think of it as just a list of things - 1 through 12? I'm thinking of our wishes as a list of 12 things we'd like to get. If some of these lists were taken literally we'd all be spending a small fortune on each other! Several times Joan has posted that we should remember no one is expected to spend more than the $25 minimum.... (plus shipping of course and the $25 is for crafting supplies - any lotions, treats, etc. are in addition to the $25).
Hi Lynn

This is how I'm interpreting the rules/swap. There is a $25 minimum on the crafty things for the pkg. Anything else. Candies lotions etc are bonus goodies if you want to include them. We are suppose to send 12 items wrapped individually and number them 12 to 1. Here's the tricky part that I'm not so sure of... The quantity like you mention of each day... I'm guessing if you buy a couple of the larger things on a persons wish list and then fill up the rest by sending some embellishments you could count out different amounts for that Particular day and wrap them.. Like. send 12 inches of ribbon... 11 brads.. 10.. Stamped images...9 glue dots.. Or... Something like. 12 inches of tinsel.. 11 jelly beans... 10 grams of cocoa..( not sure how much comes in a pack). But she wants us to be creative too I think.

For me... If someone got me something larger on my wish list I really wanted and it was on the higher end, closer to the $25.. Then I would be happy as can be with that one item.. And then the rest of things just "free" things from the persons stash or handmade things or whatever. Just depends I guess on the persons wish list.

Like Rosie said at the bottom of her wish list..
Oh yeah if you get a bigger item on my wish list please feel free to give me coal/rocks for the rest of the days. I would not mind at all.

Last edited by jenjoy71; 10-09-2013 at 05:44 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #299
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

For this swap, we will be using a different take using my poor remake to... The Twelve Days of The Holidays.

On the twelfth day of The Holidays ,
my Secret Elf sent to me
Twelve (12) ______ ,
Eleven (11) ______ ,
Ten (10) ______ ,
Nine (9) ______ ,
Eight ( 8 ) ______ ,
Seven (7) ______ ,
Six (6) ______ ,
Five (5) GOLDEN _____ ,
Four (4) ______ ,
Three (3) ______ ,
Two (2) ______ ,
And One (1) ______!

We won't follow the normal course for this song, but will go backwards working our way to "And One (1)". When completing the elf portion in post #2 think in a variety of quantities (inches, feet, yards, dozen, calories, rolls, half-dozen, sheets, pads, packages, boxes, set, etc.) Give your Secret Elf lots of options.

It will be up to your Secret Elf to take items on your list and apply them to the numbers in our 12 Days of The Holidays. For example, you may list you would like a dozen Godiva chocolates. Your Secret Elf could take that an use it for 3 - Three Godiva Chocolates.

Each package needs to be wrapped and numbered from 12 -1.

#1 would more than likely be their biggest gift. Several different even bother to follow the format indicated and that is OK.

Several ladies go above and beyond what is required - that is their choice. The only requirement is the $25 in papercrafting goodies. If you want to spend that $25 on one item, that is OK. THen y ou would be using your imagination to fill in the items for 2 of , 3 of , all the way to 12 . You will also need to take into account if they listed any dislikes or no wants.

Some may spend $35 and others will spend $100. But, it you fulfill the minimum $ requirement in papercrafting items and filled in the blanks with other items you have fulfilled this swap.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #300
Stazon Splitcoast

Since today is the last day to revise/edit our efl letter Im going to do so! Thanks Joan!!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #301
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjoy71 View Post
Since today is the last day to revise/edit our efl letter Im going to do so! Thanks Joan!!
I basically just listed "12 things" not expecting the AMOUNT of the things My theory is it gives my SS something to work with... I think that is the common thought here...right Elves?

Have a fabulous day everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Vickie Y and NYTripletMommy like this post.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #302
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!
Just updated my list for the last time.
Going to go get inky! Have a good day!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I basically just listed "12 things" not expecting the AMOUNT of the things My theory is it gives my SS something to work with... I think that is the common thought here...right Elves?

Have a fabulous day everyone!
Yep, I agree!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #304
Mad Swapper

Christmas is my favo time of the year. I pray that this one is a great one! I we not a small pink tree for my office and a traditional one for my kiddos! I am going to do boy toys for the family tree! I am the only girl, wink!

I always have a special waiting just for YOU!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #305
Die Cut Diva

I do not have my own house (I am living with my mother while I am in school so she can help me with my daughter). I always say that her house looks like Christmas threw up. I do not put up ANY of my decorations. Mine are all in storage. She does not want any of my things out anyway. I do have a box at the house though that I collect Christmas/holiday things and kitchen goodies for when I DO get my own place. When I did have decorations out, I had a fake tree with all Disney ornaments and felt ornaments my great grandma made (which are all Disney and Sesame Street). I am not sure what I will do in the future though.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #306
Die Cut Diva

UGH I wrote that last post and when I reread it..... It made me a very sad. I miss not having my own place or any of my own "stuff". Aside from clothes and my crafting things, my entire life is in my storage unit and sadly, has been there for far too many years now. My family is a wreck and I do not talk to most of them anymore. The holidays completely SUCK for me. I usually end up spending Christmas day completely alone. I am hoping this year is different though since I met an amazing man that I have spend all the holidays with this year!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #307
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved View Post
Dear Secret Elf,

I'm not very particular. Don't care for loose glitter, or fibers (they're pretty but I don't know how to use them). I'm so sorry not to be able to tell you more about my likes/dislikes, but my mind always goes blank when I try to rush.

12 inches of SU ruffle stretch trim ribbon (or similar)
11 Candy Dots (any color) by SU or similar
10 colorful buttons
9 stamped sentiments (funny or inspirational) on white CS
8 embellishments for cards (flowers, flat backed pearls, ???)
7 color burst (love blues, greens, purples, jewel tones)
6 pop dots
5 jumbo brads
4 embossed card fronts
3 card front/samples
2 card kits
1 Aqua Painter watercolor brush

What are color bursts????
Old 10-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
What are color bursts????
I think Susanne explained it well in post #100, so I'll steal her description

Another cute idea someone did once was a "color pouch"--all things in one color--so a cello bag filled with RED; buttons, ribbon, twine, brads, eyelets, flowers, die cuts & the idea is it's all matchy-matchy...comes in handy out of the blue sometimes-especially red for Christmas and Valentines day! This can be from your personal stash and store bought...

Like she said, from your stash is fine. No need for full packages or anything like that. Could just be a baggie too, no need for a cello bag even.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #309
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygoofus View Post
UGH I wrote that last post and when I reread it..... It made me a very sad. I miss not having my own place or any of my own "stuff". Aside from clothes and my crafting things, my entire life is in my storage unit and sadly, has been there for far too many years now. My family is a wreck and I do not talk to most of them anymore. The holidays completely SUCK for me. I usually end up spending Christmas day completely alone. I am hoping this year is different though since I met an amazing man that I have spend all the holidays with this year!
That is sad . No one should spend Christmas Day alone. I hope this Christmas is a truly great one for you! Hugs!
armywife and jenjoy71 like this post.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening ladies. Hows everyone doing??
Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #311
Compulsive Stamper

Super excited for assignments!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #312
Inking Addict

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

"Listen to what you know, instead of what you fear." R.Bach
Old 10-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #313
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! Happy Thursday! Off work today. Need to do a little grocery/household shopping. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #314
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning! My DD is getting married this Saturday so I've been a bit occupied with helping get ready for that event! Small wedding taking place in a Gazebo at our City Park. Lot of things left to the last minute! Will hit the ground running tomorrow to finish up preparations!

Can't wait to get my secret elf's name!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #315
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!
Yesterday I was off (from work, I am always a little off!). I made 7 sympathy cards, 6 fall themed birthday cards, and picked out the paper for these for Kat's recipe card swap. I typed my recipe today.
I have Stamp Club today!
Have a good Thursday!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #316
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post

Hello!
Yesterday I was off (from work, I am always a little off!). I made 7 sympathy cards, 6 fall themed birthday cards, and picked out the paper for these for Kat's recipe card swap. I typed my recipe today.
I have Stamp Club today!
Have a good Thursday!

Woohoo you go girl!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #317
Matboard Maniac

Alright time to do some research. Found out who my secret sister is.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #318
Stazon Splitcoast

Can't wait!!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #319
Kookie Creator

Woohoo! Got my name! Now to have fun
jenjoy71 likes this post.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #320
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyS View Post
Woohoo! Got my name! Now to have fun
Meeeeeeee too!!
Closed Thread