Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree632Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #361
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! I work at Walmart and last night I checked our seasonal area to see what's out (I work at this store but I don't shop this store - I have a Walmart closer to me that I actually shop at. Strange, right?) in seasonal. I found there's more Christmas than Halloween! At least it got me a little into the spirit and got some ideas going in my head...

My Archivers is closing also. Fortunately for me I live in an area that there are several other stores that aren't closing just farther away and less convenient but I will still be able to shop Archivers if I chose to. Honestly at the rate they are going I think they will be going belly up..... I read an article that said at the start of 2013 they had 44 stores and after the most recent closings they will be down to 33. That's 1/4 of their stores!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved View Post
I'm 4' 10". I'm always so envious of taller people when I look at those weight charts that tell you how much you should weigh for your height. According to my weight, I think I'm supposed to be close to 6'. LOL
Haha Pam! You're still stinking cute!!! (Even in person) LMBO!!!!
grateful2bsaved likes this post.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #363
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
Good morning ladies! I work at Walmart and last night I checked our seasonal area to see what's out (I work at this store but I don't shop this store - I have a Walmart closer to me that I actually shop at. Strange, right?) in seasonal. I found there's more Christmas than Halloween! At least it got me a little into the spirit and got some ideas going in my head...

My Archivers is closing also. Fortunately for me I live in an area that there are several other stores that aren't closing just farther away and less convenient but I will still be able to shop Archivers if I chose to. Honestly at the rate they are going I think they will be going belly up..... I read an article that said at the start of 2013 they had 44 stores and after the most recent closings they will be down to 33. That's 1/4 of their stores!
Wow they are dwindling fast then!! ;-(
Old 10-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #364
Inking Addict

If I were any more of an elf today, I'd be at the North Pole in a toy shop instead of San Antonio in a craft store!!!

"Listen to what you know, instead of what you fear." R.Bach
Old 10-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #365
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy happy joy joy..I did some shopping today!!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #366
Mad Swapper

My favourite holiday cookie is shortbread with orange and cranberry! I had a great day with my niece. We went to Craft-tea day at my LSS. A great cup of tea and we made a paper pumpkin and ghost. So cute! I also did a wee bit of shopping for my Elfee! Tomorrow, everyone is coming for Thanksgiving dinner. Everything is ready, except the turkey! (And veggies). But those are easy! I think we will hit the haunted Corn Maze before dinner! Fun, fun, fun!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #367
Watercolor Wizard

I make "Surprise cookies"...Wilton light cocoa chocolate drops inside a really nice butter cookie with the same Wilton light cocoa chocolate drizzled on top--the surprise is that you bite into them and there is chocolate inside! It has become a holiday favorite here...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
jenjoy71, Joan7356 and rositagustafson72 like this post.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:55 AM   #368
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! Did some secret elf shopping yesterday!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #369
Mad Swapper

Good morning ladies! My favorite xmas cookie has to be the old nestle chocolate chip cookie! Lol
I have been reading everyone's posts, and I seem so lame so I wanted to share. Wee bit more about myself
I am the mommy to 3 boys, I also am a super "bonus mommy" to a daughter and set of twin teenagers! Whew that's a lot. The good news is that our daughter will be 18 next month, well not exactly good news, because she is a sweetie, and my eldest son in a Lance Corporal in the USMC! Ooooooh Rah! So that technically leaves me at home with a 9 and 11 year old boys who love to play Mine craft!
I have been a crafter for too many years, has always loved paper and pens since I was in third grade. I am trying really hard to be a Stampin Up! Demo but it's really hard work. I work with special needs students in an elementary school here in Atlanta. I love making card sets for my coworkers. I also make affordable invites and party favors. We are constantly relocating so I am trying really hard to keep up with all of my goodies.

I always have a special waiting just for YOU!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #370
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I make "Surprise cookies"...Wilton light cocoa chocolate drops inside a really nice butter cookie with the same Wilton light cocoa chocolate drizzled on top--the surprise is that you bite into them and there is chocolate inside! It has become a holiday favorite here...

Let me know when you start taking orders, Susanne!

Join the FUN!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #371
Swap Moderator

Quote:

And the Archiver's here in Maple Grove is undergoing yet another construction remodel of their Memory Lab. All the items in that part of the store are crammed into the other areas. I found yesterday while "trying" to shop that many of the aisles I couldn't go down now with my walker. It was a good thing and a not so good one. Probably saved a few dollars but then I think there were items I wanted in those aisles, too.

Is your Archiver's the one in Coon Rapids?

Join the FUN!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #372
Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoganygirl View Post
Good morning ladies! My favorite xmas cookie has to be the old nestle chocolate chip cookie! Lol
I have been reading everyone's posts, and I seem so lame so I wanted to share. Wee bit more about myself
I am the mommy to 3 boys, I also am a super "bonus mommy" to a daughter and set of twin teenagers! Whew that's a lot. The good news is that our daughter will be 18 next month, well not exactly good news, because she is a sweetie, and my eldest son in a Lance Corporal in the USMC! Ooooooh Rah! So that technically leaves me at home with a 9 and 11 year old boys who love to play Mine craft!
I have been a crafter for too many years, has always loved paper and pens since I was in third grade. I am trying really hard to be a Stampin Up! Demo but it's really hard work. I work with special needs students in an elementary school here in Atlanta. I love making card sets for my coworkers. I also make affordable invites and party favors. We are constantly relocating so I am trying really hard to keep up with all of my goodies.
WOW! You have your hands full!

Join the FUN!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #373
Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn_leger View Post
My favourite holiday cookie is shortbread with orange and cranberry! I had a great day with my niece. We went to Craft-tea day at my LSS. A great cup of tea and we made a paper pumpkin and ghost. So cute! I also did a wee bit of shopping for my Elfee! Tomorrow, everyone is coming for Thanksgiving dinner. Everything is ready, except the turkey! (And veggies). But those are easy! I think we will hit the haunted Corn Maze before dinner! Fun, fun, fun!!!

A haunted corn maze sounds like fun!

Join the FUN!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #374
Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife View Post
If I were any more of an elf today, I'd be at the North Pole in a toy shop instead of San Antonio in a craft store!!!

The San Antonio Elf

Join the FUN!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #375
Swap Moderator

Sounds like there was a bit of ELF shopping done yesterday. I love hearing that elves were hard at work.

I didn't know we had a mother/daughter team playing... MonsterAutopsy and Renski! How nice to have you both!

Have a great Crafty day, Ladies.

Holiday questions returns tomorrow

Join the FUN!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #376
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Want to share the recipe sounds great
jenjoy71 likes this post.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #377
Proud Fan Club Member

Well I made my list and checked it twice. Got everything ordered, on a list to get, or have already bought for my secret person. I had to get 'er done. Have a good day all
Old 10-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #378
Mad Swapper

Wowzers Karen, you rock! I put my list in my notebook, so now it's with me wherever I go! My goal is to get this mailed by months end!

I always have a special waiting just for YOU!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #379
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

They did not close the Archivers here that I usually go to. I think there are 2 in the metro area, maybe even only 2 in the whole state. They have been sending out so many good coupons that I have been a lot of good deals. Especially in the memory lab for making prints. I have gotten several enlargments and collages for free. Being a demo for SU I only get certain things from Archivers but it is worth the drive for me!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #380
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoganygirl View Post
Nice to hear what is going on in your life! As far as Stampin' UP!, have you ever thought of doing a Stamp Club? I am in one and we meet once a month at my demos house. We are expected to buy $25 of merchandise every month, which is not hard at all. Usually I spend more than that. She has 4 cards for us to make every month. There are about 8 of us and we each take turns being hostess.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #381
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan7356 View Post
And the Archiver's here in Maple Grove is undergoing yet another construction remodel of their Memory Lab. All the items in that part of the store are crammed into the other areas. I found yesterday while "trying" to shop that many of the aisles I couldn't go down now with my walker. It was a good thing and a not so good one. Probably saved a few dollars but then I think there were items I wanted in those aisles, too.

Is your Archiver's the one in Coon Rapids?
Yup. Coon Rapids. Went there yesterday and picked up most of my SS items! Finished (yes, finished) up today! Now to just set the things aside and leave them alone until mailing.....
Old 10-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #382
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I am ready to do some shopping

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 10-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #383
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yup. Coon Rapids. Went there yesterday and picked up most of my SS items! Finished (yes, finished) up today! Now to just set the things aside and leave them alone until mailing.....
Hey, another Minnesotan! Did you ladies watch the Vikes today? I did for awhile but quit when it was 28 - 3. It was just too depressing.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #384
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post
Nice to hear what is going on in your life! As far as Stampin' UP!, have you ever thought of doing a Stamp Club? I am in one and we meet once a month at my demos house. We are expected to buy $25 of merchandise every month, which is not hard at all. Usually I spend more than that. She has 4 cards for us to make every month. There are about 8 of us and we each take turns being hostess.
I'm in a stamp club too for SU and always spend over the $25! I just made my list tonight and it was close to double that! My demonstrator does the same thing...every month we make cards or a project and then we rotate every month with who gets to be the hostess. Next month is my month...November will be hit or miss I'm sure. Last club I got almost $150 in free stuff!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #385
Glitter Guru

Reluctant Vikings fan from ND here....my husband is a loyal fan, but me....well, I really want them to do well, but just get tired of being disappointed in them, KWIM??

QUOTE=2CuteCats;20371951]Hey, another Minnesotan! Did you ladies watch the Vikes today? I did for awhile but quit when it was 28 - 3. It was just too depressing.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #386
Kookie Creator

Just did a little secret elf online shopping/idea gathering while watching some postseason baseball. Too bad my Cleveland Indians didn't make it into the true postseason. I am excited to do some crafty shopping tomorrow on my day off from school. Thanks, Christopher Columbus!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #387
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBeavers View Post
Want to share the recipe sounds great
Sure...let me run upstairs and get my cookie book--it's a very tasty buttery cookie with the Wilton (Light) Cocoa--yum...Big Hit with my family/relatives--original recipe calls for mint chocolate--but we like the regular chocolate better!

*Trick to the drizzling of the chocolate part to make your life easier-- tape wax paper on counter...grab one of Martha Stewart's plastic squirt bottles....I used to flick the chocolate with a fork--and that works too...but the bottle allows you to be more direct and by golly...add thicker chocolate striping onto the cookies!!! (as if that's a bad thing?! ) Let me go get the recipe...brb

Old 10-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #388
Watercolor Wizard

Taste of Home
Best Loved Cookies & Bars – January 2009

Surprise Package Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon salt
65 mint Andes candies*
*{I use almost 2 bags of the Wilton Light Cocoa in lieu of the Andes candies!}

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after addition. Beat in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
With floured hands, shape a tablespoonful of dough around 42 candies, forming rectangular cookies. Place 2” apart on greased baking sheets.

Bake @ 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave melt the remaining candies; drizzle over cookies.
After cooled, heat up extra chocolate in a glass measuring cup, pour into a MS/Wilton small clear plastic squirt bottle…align cookies in the same direction and decorate in the same direction—The reason why they are called; “Surprise Package” is because of the chocolate inside! I have made these with 2 Wilton chocolates and everyone preferred the 1 Wilton chocolate—plus 1 fits better than 2! Enjoy!

armywife, jenjoy71 and jn_leger like this post.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #389
Watercolor Wizard

Default Photo of Surprise Package Cookies!

Note: I always-ALWAYS buy the "Taste of Home" Best and Loved Cookies & Bars Magazine every Christmas! I love they have the photo of what it is supposed to look like and the ingredients are always easy to find...

Enjoy! This is the best butter cookie I have tasted! {Of course with a dash of good chocolate--how can it NOT be tasty!}
Attached Thumbnails
surprise-package-cookies-001.jpg  

Old 10-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #390
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to grateful2bsaved

Okay, this thread is beginning to be torture for me to read! LOL I keep reading about all these delicious cookies and my mouth is practically watering! The worst part? I'm not even a big sweet/cookie person! I think I've read at least 4 different cookie descriptions that I'm craving now. When you're 4'10" you don't have a whole lot of space to camouflage any extra pounds. I've spent practically the whole year trying to get my weight down, and I'd hate to undo it in a month. haha Since I hate exercising almost as much as I love eating, you see my dilemma...
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #391
Watercolor Wizard

Speaking of Football...DH and BIL with 2 other guys went to the Patriots Game today...they won! I don't really watch it--I baked and made 2 bday cards with coordinating Tea Light mini birthday cake candles...I'll post a photo...love these lil' cuties...and thankfully I remember to punch out a hole on the bottom to be able to turn it on/off!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #392
Proud Fan Club Member

That game killed me! I picked the Saints to win, dang it. DH and I always pick who's going to win all the games each week. I picked the Bills to win too, and they lost in overtime. After 6 weeks, he's ahead of me by 1 game. Pretty funny considering I know nothing about football and pretty much just guess. He's an expert about ALL the teams. (Our team is the Broncos.)
Old 10-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #393
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
That game killed me! I picked the Saints to win, dang it. DH and I always pick who's going to win all the games each week. I picked the Bills to win too, and they lost in overtime. After 6 weeks, he's ahead of me by 1 game. Pretty funny considering I know nothing about football and pretty much just guess. He's an expert about ALL the teams. (Our team is the Broncos.)
Haha...I am originally from Chicago we don't get Bear's games here (heaven forbid in New England?!!!) Last year the Black Hawks (hockey) won the big one against the NE Bruins...I was secretly jumpin' up n down--even had my SIL in Chicago send me a T shirt--my DH said...Please don't wear that around here!!! hahahaha

This area is seriously into their sports-I mean babies are dressed in jersey's at the stores, the grocery store is packed before a game and a ghost town once the game starts....these are serious sport fans in Boston is all I gotta say!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #394
Watercolor Wizard

Okay..pssssssssst Vickie, Tracie and Lynne....no tellin' Linda and Pat (other swappy across the hall) about these cards ---Yes, I made the same card/cake for the both of them! Our 2 October gals!
Attached Thumbnails
ai-ballerina-edith-bday-cards-001.jpg   ai-ballerina-edith-bday-cards-002.jpg   ai-ballerina-edith-bday-cards-003.jpg  

Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #395
Proud Fan Club Member

I just love football season. It just seems to fly by. We have whatever that special package is on cable TV, so we get all the games televised. No, we don't watch all of them, but it's nice to choose which ones we want to watch.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #396
Proud Fan Club Member

ADORABLE cards Susanne!!! (How come I don't have a "like" box to click?)
Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #397
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Okay, this thread is beginning to be torture for me to read! LOL I keep reading about all these delicious cookies and my mouth is practically watering! The worst part? I'm not even a big sweet/cookie person! I think I've read at least 4 different cookie descriptions that I'm craving now. When you're 4'10" you don't have a whole lot of space to camouflage any extra pounds. I've spent practically the whole year trying to get my weight down, and I'd hate to undo it in a month. haha Since I hate exercising almost as much as I love eating, you see my dilemma...
Ya know what Pam...I can bake and cook til the cows come home--don't touch it or take a lil' bite and that's it! I made a double batch of Tollhouse CC cookies, packed a rubbermaid container for Shane to take back to school tomorrow, and ran about 14 more cookies over to the neighbors house (3 guys live there)...Or, my DH would eat them all! I love to bake and cook--but I am a salty person--so I give my baked goods away (keep a few around for my DH's sweet tooth) but other then that...gimme salsa and chips!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #398
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
ADORABLE cards Susanne!!! (How come I don't have a "like" box to click?)
I don't know...but I believe you ! hahahah

Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #399
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I just love football season. It just seems to fly by. We have whatever that special package is on cable TV, so we get all the games televised. No, we don't watch all of them, but it's nice to choose which ones we want to watch.
My DH and brother's have seats at Gillette Stadium..he's asked me to go...but I say...don waste the ticket--then they built a huge mall attached to the stadium--tonight he said...It was packed and opened-you'd love it! I said, well, ya don't go to the mall unless you are packin' cash!!! hahahahaha {hint hint..he should take me and gimme a wad of cash...Yes?! haha} I'd figure out how to keep myself busy while he watched the game!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #400
Watercolor Wizard

I love having Monday off--YAHOO! Need to plug in a movie and make my November Bday cards!!! Have a great night all....Cheers from chilly Boston tonight (temps dropped to 49 by me!) Fleece and bootie slippers here I come!

Closed Thread