Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Hardware Hotshot

Default *Finished* Weight Loss SS Swap - (Dec. - March)

*New Swppers Welcome!!!* Trying to lose weight and need some encouragement - this is the swap for you! Is your New Years resolution about loosing weight - join this group for some great support in achieving that goal.

The swap will run for four months this time… December - March. This swap (from round 1) has been all about encouraging one another in living healthy lives and hopefully shedding unwanted pounds!

This round will be all about relieving the stress in our lives. We all live very busy lives and stress often leads to poor eating habits and weight gain. There will be no $$ amount limit, but keep it simple and fun and it need not be pricey.

So…here is how it will work…
~ For the month of December we will offer moral support on the thread, but there will be no swapping for the month of December. I will be closing the swap on January 6th and partners will be assigned shortly after that date. This will give time for all those who decide to make a New Year's resolution to loose weight.

~Each month you will send at least one handmade card…include some words of encouragement or articles or tips on relieving stress or for weight loss.

~Each month you will send at least one item to help relieve stress (music c.d., bath products, candle, etc.) It can be a handmade item or a store bought item. It does not have to cost much, just an item to help your partner to relax.

~You can send the card and item at the same time OR split them up but BOTH need to be in the mail by the 25th of each of the months of January, Feb. and March

~Fill out small questionnaire and PM me your address.

Your Weight Lose goals:
Favorite inspirational quote or verse:
Favorite music:
Favorite colors:
Favorite workout/sport:
Favorite activities:
Low fat snacks or drinks you like:
Anything else you would like to share:
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time?

~Have fun!

Note: this is a three month swapping commitment; please do not sign up if you think you cannot fulfill the requirements of the swap for Jan., Feb., & March

Signups will close on January 6, 2013
Partners will be assigned by January 8, 2013
Mail by date will be the 25th of each month

Chatting for the month of December
Swapping for Jan., Feb., & March

Swappers:
1) raquelita_uno -#3 - received Jan., Feb., March
2) cupojafa - #19 - received Jan., Feb., March
3) ladylovestostamp - #12 - received Jan., Feb., March
4) Quilling_Queen -#6 - received Jan., Feb., March
5) morgainegeiser -#13 - received Jan., Feb., March
6) ktfabian2 - #11 - received Jan., Feb., March
7) mhorne5501 - #144 - received Jan., Feb., March
8 ) sue_ZZZ - #23 - received Jan., Feb., March
9) CherryLime - #20 - received Jan., Feb., March
10) PMR - #24 - received Jan., Feb.,
11) mandianna - #108 - received Jan., Feb., March
12) scrapinwithtammy - #52 - received Jan., Feb., March
13) sheng - #172 - received Jan., Feb., March
14) davesgram - #86 - received Jan., Feb., March
15) seanryan6 - #99 - received Jan., Feb., March
16) chrys23 - #136 - received Jan., Feb., March
17) mysweetsix - #142 - received Jan., Feb., March
18 ) StampinGoodDeeds -#7 - received Jan., Feb., March
19) libreeder@aol.com - #154 - received Jan.,Feb., March
20) Amber Nicole - #168 - received Jan., Feb.,March

Last edited by morgainegeiser; 04-27-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Roxie,
Sign me up please.
Your Weight Lose goals: I'm hoping to drop twenty pounds before the end of March.
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: Philippians 4: 4-19
Favorite music: Contemporary Christian
Favorite colors: green,
Favorite workout/sport: walking... will be snow shoeing and cross country skiing soon,
Favorite activities: crafting, singing at church,
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: Extra Spearmint Gum, Dark Chocolate
Anything else you would like to share: I have a good sense of humor.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Sign me up!

I'm Baaacckkk! I'd like a spot. I'm really excited to just check in during December and get a head start on the new year!

Your Weight Lose goals: 50lbs and 4 pants sizes. Defined arms, back and a stomach that's concave when I lay down!
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: No specific quotes or verses but I'm a pick-yourself-up-and-just-do-it sort of a girl!
Favorite music: I love music with a strong beat (club mixes mostly.) Also Spanish pop and reggaeton (Wisin y Yandel)
Favorite colors: Plum, any blue, earth tones, especially rust and what ever would be closest to Green Galore!
Favorite workout/sport: Walking and hiking, trying to get back into rock climbing and outdoor sports, dancing and swimming
Favorite activities: paper crafting, home improvement projects, spending time with family, reading
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: crystal light or other zero calorie soft drinks, hot teas, sugar-free gum, dark chocolate. I really try not to snack ...avoidance is my best policy!
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? my favorite scents are all citrus, vanilla and coconut (not necessarily together). I don't burn candles but I have several wax warmers (scensy or dollar store...doesn't matter!) I'm cheap and busy so I'm always giving myself manicures and pedicures and have a pretty extensive nail polish collection.
Anything else you would like to share: I have two daughters; 4 and 7yo and a husband of nearly 10 years. I live a very rural area. We have two cats and I have an affinity for all animals. Hoping to get back into horseback riding in the spring with my dad. I adore thrift store shopping with my mom and am starting to refashion clothing a la refashionista.net. I am also picking up sewing again to make AG doll clothes for my daughters.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~

Last edited by raquelita_uno; 01-01-2013 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: the devil is in the details!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
Swapper of the Month August 2012

I'm in...I'll be back to fill out my favorites. Thanks Roxie for hosting another round!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
Crimping Master

Count me in too please. I'll complete my survey later
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Insane Embellisher

Add me for 1 spot please

Your Weight Lose goals: 10 lbs - I am reviving my attempt at weigh loss again, I didn't lose anything in the first round and I vowed it wasn't going to happen this time!
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: Live each day like it was your last
Favorite music: Country, new Disney (Austin & Aly, Hannah Montana, Selena Gomez), Hip Hop
Favorite colors: PURPLE
Favorite workout/sport: Love softball but haven't played in years. Have a new Tae-Bo video I am looking to try out. Also considering a local Zumba class.
Favorite activities: Mostly crafting
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: Crystal Light Metabolism Peach Mango Green Tea drink mix, Pepsi Next (2 x per week is my limit), trail mix with dried fruits, dried pineapples & bananas
Anything else you would like to share: Den Mother for a Bear Den Cub Scout group, 2 boys (5 & 8 ), several animals - 400lb pig, goat, rabbits, bearded dragon, hedgehog, 2 cats. Just recently lost my 10 year old Boxer. I have a hard time keeping hold of a plastic water bottle as my 2 boys take them, so maybe something girl to keep them from it.

For stress relieve: I take a book (Debbie macomber, Nora Roberts, Beverly Lewis [I have none of her books - I was lookign at soem of her Amish books]) and lock myself in the bathroom in a HOT bubble bath for at least an hour or so. I love bubble baths and have a decent collection of Avon bubble baths going, but still love them. Love candles any fragrance specially fruity. I try to keep an Airwick plugin (glass container) going at work to help me de-stress, but haven't gotten anywhere to pick one up yet. I use incense cones.
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap

Last edited by Quilling_Queen; 12-12-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I'm in again too!!! Gotta keep focus!!!!

Your Weight Lose goals: 65 lbs -- first goal is 226, then 220, then 210, and 10 lbs each from there. I gained a few back over the holidays so my starting point is 235 for this time around.

Favorite inspirational quote or verse: Proverbs 3:5-6

Favorite music: Christian contemporary, and also instrumental contemporaries like Intro by XX, or Alone in Kyoto by Talkie Walkie, ones to get me moving.

Favorite colors: Purples, rich shades and earth tones

Favorite workout/sport: Walking, elliptical, gardening and just moving/dancing

Favorite activities: gardening, crafting (crochet, scrapbooking, papercrafting, quilting, jewelry, etc.)

Low fat snacks or drinks you like: Chiquita Super Crunchy Pineapple Fruit Chips (100% fruit, no sugars added, at Walmart), Almonds/Walnuts/Brazil Nuts (no sugars or such).

Anything else you would like to share: I'm following the Blood Sugar Solution so no sugars of any kind (no artificial sweeteners either), no dairy, no gluten, no caffeine. (trying to stick to it anyhow) I am am using Made to Crave for motivation. Also joined MMEW2.0 and OLW classes on Big Picture Classes.

I do not care for anything vanilla or cookie/sweet baking scents please. I prefer nature/fruit/berry/citrus scents such as evergreen, pumpkin, berries, lemon/orange. I really like Bath and Body Works lotions/soaps/candles/scents and use their Wallflowers (favorites there are Midnight Pomegrante, White Citrus, and their Aromatherapy Energy Orange Ginger, and Frosted Cranberry or Energy Orange Ginger or Sleep Lavender Chamomille for the Wallflowers)

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 01-10-2013 at 07:25 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #8

Can I also suggest that we each add what our preferences are about lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time?

Please add to your questionnaire post so in one place.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #9

Just happened across this on an SU demo's blog... just had to laugh. It is SU's Weight Loss program:

Drop your stamps on the floor. Now, bend at the waist, and pick them up.
Drop them again, but put a little roll on it so they scatter across the floor. This time, bend at the waist, and s-t-r-e-t-c-h to reach them.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome abroad everyone! Susan I added your question about lotions etc. to the survey.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Crimping Master

I'm definitely in for another round! And I promise, this round, my life will be VERY boring-no daughter-in-law problems, no getting sick for over two weeks, no falling off a cliff....just boring, boring, boring and weight loss!

Your Weight Lose goals: I've lost 18 so far, I'd like to lose 27lbs over the next three months, that would put me within 20lbs of what I weighed before I injured my back 1n '92.
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: "Be the change you want to see in the world", Mahatma Ghandi, and "Live simply, Love generously, Care Deeply, Speak kindly, Leave the rest to God", I honestly don't know who gets credit for that, but I think it sums up my theory on life.
Favorite music: Very mixed. I LOVE Christian artists Fernando Ortega (I've seen him live in a small setting twice and am listening to his Christmas CD now, absolutely stunning!), Down Here, and Jason Grey and others like them. I also love Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals, Rent, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Adele. I like New Age music as well.
Favorite colors: Turquoise, rose, butter yellow...I really like just about any color you can find in nature.
Favorite workout/sport: Walking
Favorite activities: Scrapbooking and card making, of course, readin, sewing and spending quality time with my cats.
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: Special K pastry crisps in chocolate, the fiber brownies that are only 90 calories (sorry, can't think of the brand), Crystal Light Iced Tea
Anything else you would like to share: I really hope to find some place local to learn yoga or how to meditate. A friend is also going to be doing some hypnotherapy to help me deal with stress. Stress not only kills my diet but sets off several health issues I have.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? I don't like anything with a heavy fragrance, but softer smells like "ocean" or "rain" or that type of thing are ok, so is a light lavender. I have really sensitive skin, so I stick with fragrance-free lotions (My rheumatologist just recommended Cetaphil and a prescription lotion, so I'll be using them through the winter). I take showers so I don't use bath salts. I do like sachets with light scents to hang in my craft room or put in my drawers, lavender is probably my favorite with a light rose scent coming in second.

Sorry, as usual I tend to go on and on! Looking forward to the next round, Roxi, thanks for hosting,
Tracy

Last edited by ktfabian2; 12-03-2012 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: missed a question
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
Crimping Master

Your Weight Lose goals: 20 lbs for the next 4 months
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: My favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11.
Favorite music: I love all types of music except for rap.I usually listen to country or contemporary christian.
Favorite colors: Blues and greens . Earth tones follow next .
Favorite workout/sport: Walking and running. I also do some strength and stretching excercises
Favorite activities: I'll try almost anything once..lol Aside from walking and jogging, I play golf, love to garden, read almost everything I can get my hands on, make cards and papercrafting, sew, knit and crochet, cook, love to entertain, love to travel
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: I usually drink tea. Hot or iced. Decaf or herbal in the evenings. Dark chocolate is always good.
Anything else you would like to share: It's hard for me to sit still. I'm always doing something even if it's cleaning..DH & I will celebrate 24 years in February. We don't have children, but I do have a grown stepson from his previous marriage. I love being the favorite aunt (you know the one who always cuts up with the kids) to my nieces and nephews. I work in our church and recently completed a 3 year term as church board chair.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? Lotions are fine, and so are candles. I prefer lighter scents for lotions, citrus, cucumber/melon, sage. Vanilla or cinnamon are favorite candle scents.

This is a great group, I've enjoyed the previous rounds

Last edited by ladylovestostamp; 11-27-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Hardware Hotshot

Your Weight Lose goals: I am on maintenance and want to stay that way.
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: Serenity prayer
Favorite music: 70 - 80's rock in roll, Enya & techno music
Favorite colors: earth tones
Favorite workout/sport: walking, bike riding
Favorite activities: reading, papercrafting, pottery
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: popcorn, rice cakes
Anything else you would like to share: I am looking to grow my business this year, so stress relief will be important. I like Rodney Yee yoga and have a tape for am yoga, it is almost worn out, a used c.d. Would be great.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? I love Bath & body works products - especially the small travel size bath gel, love the small candles they put out and the plugins. I like vanilla, and the floral scents, but will try any scent. I also like there lip gloss. I Am looking for a guided meditation c.d.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
Hardware Hotshot

Please sign me up. I had so much fun in the last one and heavens knows I am still a long way from my goal. Plus I will be going back to school full time in January so I am sure I will need some stress relief.
Marci
Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #15
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome again Marci!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
Crimping Master

I was hoping this was going to continue through the holidays. Please sign me up. Hopefully this will keep me on track through Christmas.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 AM   #17

So what recipes are you all using that keep things under control during the holidays?
I know I love the WW Pineapple Angel Food Cake one, but w have cut back on the wheat and dairy and sugar recipes for us so that is like the ultimate treat to do. I'm searching for more fruit/veggie recipes too so I can increase those into my diet. Bought a bunch of cranberries to use for starters.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #18
Crimping Master

Susan, I know this isn't a sweet treat but for dinner one night this week I made the WW Cauliflower Au Gratin. It was very good, even DH liked it. It does use a small amount of butter and parm, but you could leave that out without any dramatic changes in flavor.

I've also pinned a recipe for raw vegan brownies Raw Vegan Coconut Brownies - Food Doodles that looks interesting. Will be trying these soon I think.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #19

Your Weight Lose goals: I'd like to lose 15 lbs this round
Favorite inspirational quote or verse:Psalm 23 (oldie but a goodie)
Favorite music:Contemporary Christian, classic hymns,I also like Jack Johnson and similar groups, Carol King, John Denver
Favorite colors:Light blues, moss greens, creams, earth tones, black
Favorite workout/sport:Spinning, walking, swimming
Favorite activities:reading, spending time with my family, outdoors-y stuff.
Low fat snacks or drinks you like:popcorn, herbal teas
Anything else you would like to share:I enjoy the outdoors, trees, birds, etc. I love the Lord Jesus and try to live my life according to His ways. I'm a wife and mother for two.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time: sometimes these can set off my allergies. If you stick to vanilla or mints I'm usually okay. Nothing flowery, please.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
Insane Embellisher

Almost forgot to sign up again.....I like the relieve stress idea. I need it for sure.

My survey:

Your Weight Lose goals: during this period 20 lbs
Favorite inspirational quote or verse:A goal is a dream with a deadline. or I like Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.
Favorite music: I like most. Favorite band all time is The Beatles. Lately it's been Maroon 5 and Jason Mraz that get the most ipod time from me.
Favorite colors:Purple and green
Favorite workout/sport:Walking, yoga, pilates
Favorite activities:quilting, stamping, beading, hanging with family
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: trying to only do water; but do like most crystal light flavors or others of that type. green tea and peppermint tea too.
Anything else you would like to share: I'm listening to a book called Wheat Belly right now and a lot of it is ringing true for me. I think I'm finally going to have to give up gluten for good and not replace it with any GF items.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? i'm a fan of candles or wax tarts/oil. for smells i'm mostly a citrus/fruit rather than vanilla/lavendar type scents.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #21
Crimping Master

I have a new favorite sweet treat that even my DH has given a two thumbs up! A woman brought this up at my WW meeting before Thanksgiving.

Baked (Microwaved) Apple:

Core an apple, any type you like is fine. I put raisins in the center of mine, but she recommended crumbling one square of graham crackers into it. I put the graham crackers on top, then add a small amount of liquid (apple juice, I've used orange juice, you can even use a little bit...less than a 1/4 cup of water, just to give it moisture while cooking). Cover with saran wrap and cook on high in microwave for 4 minutes. Serve with fat free whipped topping. She figured it out to be 2 points, but mine with raisins might be a bit more. It's delicious either way!

Other than eating baked apples, I missed this week's WW meeting. My husband was short on hours at work last week because they ran out of work, and they sent him home 1/2 way through his shift on Tuesday this past week saying they were done for the week! No work, no pay! So we're being very frugal.

We actually decided at the last minute to invite friends we hadn't seen all year over for dessert (yes, I confess, I had my husband's mocha chip brownies and ice cream, but only a little bit!). This is a couple we met through my husband's former job 15 years or so ago. My husband ended up joining their church and we've become very close over the years. The wife, Heidi, and I sponsor a child in India together through World Vision (we signed up at a concert with Aaron Shust, Down Here and Jason Grey - excellent concert!) and since we haven't seen each other, she hadn't given me her half of the monthly sponsorship fee. Well, it turned out it came pretty close to making up the difference in what my DH didn't have in his check this week. I truly believe God works in mysterious ways. I'd told my husband that we'd get by, that somehow we always do, and we will. It was a great visit, too, great conversation and I got some time to talk about my Mom, something I haven't really done since she passed away, so missing WW actually turned out to be a good thing! I just won't plan to do it again soon, especially since my DH has gotten the baking bug. Last night he made pumpkin bread with slices of apples in it. Way too good!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! We hope to get our Christmas tree this morning and have a Christmas party to go to tonight. I still haven't decided what to wear. Being down 18lbs. opened up a lot more possibilities in my closet !

Tracy
Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #22
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I better join again, I'll fill out the survey later
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #23
Crimping Master

Your Weight Lose goals: 25 lbs for the next 4 months
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: Philippians 4:13 (I can do all things…), Luke 22:42 (Not my will…)
Favorite music: I’m hooked on Adele
Favorite colors: Red
Favorite workout/sport: I hate exercise….but I’m committing to walking during these next 4 months
Favorite activities: Reading, stamping, sewing…and my treadmill is my new BFF!
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: Crystal Light, coffee, tea, gum…no foods please!
Anything else you would like to share: I've been divorced 10 years and finally started dating again. My "friend" is taking me to Europe (London & Paris) this summer...my goal is to be thin enough that I won't need a seat belt extender on the airplane! (Not that it matters to him, but it sure does to me.)
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such, since it’s about relaxing/stress relief this time? I take 2-3 bubble baths every day…I love any lotions, bath items, and candles!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Your Weight Lose goals:just maintain my 63 pound loss
Favorite inspirational quote or verse:
Favorite music: I listen to all kinds of music, I find myself listening to more and more country! The most recent concerts I went to are Toby Keith, Pat Benatar and Katie Perry--see what a mix!
Favorite colors: primary
Favorite workout/sport:ww dvds, walking, bike riding--I love my bike!
Favorite activities: reading, scrapping, napping
Low fat snacks or drinks you like:sugar free gum, special k crackers, WW coconut smoothie mix, iced coffee, iced tea (unsweetened, I just use tea bags)
Anything else you would like to share: I have been scrapping more than stamping lately.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? not really, I like bath and body works stuff, I do not like plug in things or air fresheners for the house.

Last edited by PMR; 12-06-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #25
Swapper of the Month September 2012

For a treat I will try keeping some strong mints like Altoids on hand when everyone else has dessert I'll have one of them.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
I better join again, I'll fill out the survey later
Welcome, I know what you mean - that maintenance thing is a toughie!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #27
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome once again Kim & Sue
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
Rubber Obsessor

Count me in Ladies I will be back to answer the questions later. Hope you are all well. Im down 37lbs in the last 6 months. I would like the same in the next 6 I need all the encouragement I can get

My blog ~ http://faithhopecrafts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #29
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_ZZZ View Post
Anything else you would like to share: I've been divorced 10 years and finally started dating again. My "friend" is taking me to Europe (London & Paris) this summer...my goal is to be thin enough that I won't need a seat belt extender on the airplane! (Not that it matters to him, but it sure does to me.)
Sue, that is such a wonderful, tangible goal! Just imagine your sense of accomplishment when the flight attendant says "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Captains has turned on the Fasten Seatbelt Sign. Please take your seats and fasten your seat belts"...and you do! I think goals that are so easy to envision are exciting and inspirational! After reading your post, I decided I needed a mental picture and needed to think beyond pounds. I'm the prom advisor and I dress up for the evening with the kids. I have this gorgous, fluid silk dress with a small train. It's a size 6-8 and I know I would feel incredible in that dress. That's my visual for May 5th. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #30
Crimping Master

Oooh, what fun for you! I'll be sending good energy your way, you'll have to post a picture of you in that size 6-8 prom dress!!! Can't wait to see how gorgeous you are in it!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgainegeiser View Post
Welcome, I know what you mean - that maintenance thing is a toughie!
Some days it seems harder than all the work of losing!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
Some days it seems harder than all the work of losing!
I had cut back to every other week for WW meetings, but now up to Christmas I am going to go every week as I don't want to gain weight, I need the weekly weight nudge to keep me even.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #33

Bad day... pizza and soda... but it was a situation where it was done in appreciation at church and would have been rather rude if I didn't partake... paying for it now.
Tomorrow is a new day though and back on track!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
Crimping Master

Today I wore a pair of jeans that DIDN'T have an elastic waist!!!

I'd tried them on in early October, and they would zip but there was no way I could sit comfortably in them and comfort is very high on my list. But today, we went for our Christmas tree and I got the only pair of jeans I thought I had that fit on, and got them dirty leaning against the back of the car. I was invited to a friend's grand daughter's first birthday this afternoon and didn't know what I was going to wear so I figured I'd give them a try and the FIT! I feel like the Progresso commercials where the women call to say their little black dress fits after eating Progresso soups.

I was very comfortable in my jeans at the party. I didn't eat any lasagna that was dripping with cheese, tho I did have a small piece of birthday cake. Otherwise, I've been pretty good today. I slipped a little at my DH's company Christmas party last night, but not too, too badly.

I hope everyone has a great week,

Proud Mom of Iraq War Vet, Please Support Our Troops!
I support Operation Write Home and the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #35

So ladies --- How many of you have problems sleeping?

Being in perimenopause, I find I wake up about 3am often and then toss and turn and don't get back to sleep unfortunately until about 30 minutes before my alarm goes off and I have to get up to go to work. I know this unrest hinders my weight loss too and adds to stress, decreased energy levels, focus problems, etc. So I'm wondering who else has this problem and how they deal with it too.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #36

CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfabian2 View Post
Today I wore a pair of jeans that DIDN'T have an elastic waist!!!

I'd tried them on in early October, and they would zip but there was no way I could sit comfortably in them and comfort is very high on my list. But today, we went for our Christmas tree and I got the only pair of jeans I thought I had that fit on, and got them dirty leaning against the back of the car. I was invited to a friend's grand daughter's first birthday this afternoon and didn't know what I was going to wear so I figured I'd give them a try and the FIT! I feel like the Progresso commercials where the women call to say their little black dress fits after eating Progresso soups.

I was very comfortable in my jeans at the party. I didn't eat any lasagna that was dripping with cheese, tho I did have a small piece of birthday cake. Otherwise, I've been pretty good today. I slipped a little at my DH's company Christmas party last night, but not too, too badly.

I hope everyone has a great week,

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #37

WANNA FEEL GREAT???
COME DO A GOOD DEED WITH ME:
Just sharing with you a couple of great swaps that are either swaps where you can receive cards back or you can choose to simply donate your cards to them.
The first two are for soldiers:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t565197.html

New & Open... Cards for Soldiers

Then these two are for cards for Ronald McDonald Houses:

New and Open--Ronald McDonald House Of the Month Swap 2013.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t562908.html

Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
So ladies --- How many of you have problems sleeping?

Being in perimenopause, I find I wake up about 3am often and then toss and turn and don't get back to sleep unfortunately until about 30 minutes before my alarm goes off and I have to get up to go to work. I know this unrest hinders my weight loss too and adds to stress, decreased energy levels, focus problems, etc. So I'm wondering who else has this problem and how they deal with it too.
I hate not sleeping! My wake up time is usually around 2 am. It used to be so bad I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. I would have to get up and move about I just could not lay there, there was no way. It's gotten a little better, but most of the time I do wake up. I have a nook so sometimes I just read, sometimes I can go back to sleep. Exercise helps, I also started taking an over the counter med called "I-Cool". My night sweats are usually not so bad now and it has helped with a few other issues.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #39
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Tracy! I am super impressed!

Susan, right there with honey! I have not been sleeping well at all, and I am not happy about it. I am thinking exercise might help, I am going to do a yoga dvd tonight. i am excited about getting back to exercise. I miss my bike! It is way too cold.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #40

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Glad to see some old faces back in the swap...Hi Mandi!
I just wanted to check in...tomorrow is a WI and meeting to get me back on track. I'm sure the scale is up but I'm NOT giving up! Tomorrow is a new day.
Closed Thread