Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #281
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Status here: Mine was sent, none received yet though.

My workout of late is cleaning house to get it ready to go on the market this week!!!! AAAAAAGGGHHHH!

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #282
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats!

I love WW, you can join online for $20 a month, you do not need special food!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #283
Gabfest Goddess

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheng View Post
Sorry, I been MIA. Audrey Luna Lee was born on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7lbs 4.5 oz. I'm so happy!!!! So far, I've lost 15lbs so hopefully i will lose more and praying that they stay off!!!!
Congratulations and welcome to Audrey!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #284
Gabfest Goddess

Got my package today! Love it! Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #285
Insane Embellisher

JCI. I was bad yesterday. Both of my sons and my DIL and grandkids came for dinner. I ate 2 pieces of pizza and my husband made cookies for dessert. I still feel like the moose that happens to be on the front of my sweatshirt I'm wearing.

I was good today. I made my husband take all of the left over cookies to work with him. I didn't sleep much last night and those cookies were too much of a temptation. So, now they're gone.

My surgery is set for Friday. Since I'm right handed and they're doing my left, I should be back on line in a couple of days afterward. I don't know how much I'll be on this week, I'm trying to finish a couple of swaps and some sewing, but my hands get so painful sometimes, all I can do is sit and read.

Have a great week everyone,
Tracy
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelita_uno View Post

I discovered two tools this week that I hope will help push me over the edge. I downloaded the iBites app on my Ipod. It was $1.99 I think and is a weightwatchers calculator, points tracker and pocket guide. I'm usually really good about journaling but this adds an element of "fun" to it. Also, I cannot make it to the one meeting time that's in my area and simply can't afford WW online. I have all the knowlege, just need the follow through. I also started Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred yesterday. It's a really inexpensive DVD and is also available on YouTube. Even though it's just 20 minutes (25 with cooldown) it was really hard and I couldn't keep up entirely, but I'm hoping to build some muscular endurance. I'm walking everyday and I plan on doing two days of Shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days Shred, 1 day cardio and then a rest day. After 3 weeks I'll move onto level 2. Has anyone else used this DVD?

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing this month.
Rachel you are doing amazing losing 10 pounds already this month! I bought Jillian's 30 day Shred around Thanksgiving. Only managing to do the work out once or twice a week. So far I have not been able to make clear through the first week's work out with out wanting to up chuck. Figure I can't move on to week two until I can make it clear through week one with out having to stop and catch my breath. I don't care what she says about 300-400 pound people doing "the running man", I just can not do that one.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 AM   #287
Swapper of the Month August 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
Rachel you are doing amazing losing 10 pounds already this month! I bought Jillian's 30 day Shred around Thanksgiving. Only managing to do the work out once or twice a week. So far I have not been able to make clear through the first week's work out with out wanting to up chuck. Figure I can't move on to week two until I can make it clear through week one with out having to stop and catch my breath. I don't care what she says about 300-400 pound people doing "the running man", I just can not do that one.
Oh but if Jillian was standing next to you screaming in your face until you did, you could. You'd be crying like a baby and hating her but you'd do it just to get her to shut up...lol. Then she'd give you a hug and tell you how strong you are...even if a few minutes ago she was calling you a "bleeping" baby and she didn't care if you chucked or not.
Keep it up you'll get there!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfabian2 View Post
JCI. I was bad yesterday. Both of my sons and my DIL and grandkids came for dinner. I ate 2 pieces of pizza and my husband made cookies for dessert. I still feel like the moose that happens to be on the front of my sweatshirt I'm wearing.

I was good today. I made my husband take all of the left over cookies to work with him. I didn't sleep much last night and those cookies were too much of a temptation. So, now they're gone.

My surgery is set for Friday. Since I'm right handed and they're doing my left, I should be back on line in a couple of days afterward. I don't know how much I'll be on this week, I'm trying to finish a couple of swaps and some sewing, but my hands get so painful sometimes, all I can do is sit and read.

Have a great week everyone,
Tracy
You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well on friday. Where will you be having your surgery?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #289
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all. I have my February stuff ready to go, I am not getting behind this month! Not sure what to do for March.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #290
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracy,
Keep us posted please!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #291
Hardware Hotshot

I got a wonderful package from my secret sister yesterday. She sent me a sleep mask, a collapsible storage container, lotion, hand soap, and a reed diffuser in the Cherry Blossom scent. She also sent a card with some really encouraging words. Thank you for all the wonderful things I know they will all get great use.
Marci
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #292
Hardware Hotshot

There are seven packages on their way at this time to SS, so please post when they arrive.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #293

Good morning all! Sorry I'm absent a lot but with my move pending, lots to do and battling a cold.
Here is a prayer request and a praise/testimony --
The house doesn't even go on the market til next week, but we had the realtor do a notice mailing to our development as its rather unique and many have family that want ot mvoe in there, and homes do not go up for sale often there. Well, lo' and behold, the realtor already got a call from someone who is from out of town just in town today who wanted to see it already! Now wouldn't that be a testimony if the house sold before it even went on the market???? All GOD!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #294
Insane Embellisher

SUSAN- I'm praying that all goes well for you and that the out of towner grabs what I'm sure will be a wonderful home for its next owner.

Tomorrow's the big day. I just said to my husband this morning, another year, another surgery. With all the back problems I've had, this will be surgery #16 in 20 years. 12 of them were on my back. I really hope this is the last in a very long line. I'm actually having the surgery at an outpatient surgical center because it will be done with a local and sedation. If I had to have general anesthesia, I would have to go to the main hospital, Geisinger Wyoming Valley, because I have sleep apnea and they won't take a chance putting me under at their short stay unit, which is in another location. We found all this out when I had a joint replacement done in my right thumb last year.

My hands have been awful the last 24 hours. I was up and down all night with pain in the left hand. I managed to get the house cleaned up today. Now the trick will be getting my DH and the 5 cats to keep it that way!

I still have a little work to finish up my Feb. and march gifts for my SS, but will do that tonight and my DH has the mailing schedule for this and about 6 other swaps I've finished in the last few days.

I saw my family doctor today, and I'll just say that the weigh-in wasn't pretty. I've still got the 8 pounds I gained plus one more, but I just really haven''t cared the way I had been in the past few weeks. Too much pain between my hands and my back. Once I can start driving after my surgery, my DH has agreed to find a ride to work on Thursdays so I can get back to my WW meeting.

I'll check back in in a few days, have a great weekend,
Tracy
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #295
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

sending lots of prayers Tracy
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #296
Insane Embellisher

Thank you, Pia, and everyone for the well wishes. I should be sleeping, but of course, I'm not.

I owe my Secret Sister a HUGE apology! I got a beautiful stitched card earlier this week and I totally forgot to say thank you. THANK YOU! The card is gorgeous.

Now I can go to bed,
Tracy
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #297

Just stopping by to say hello!
Still trying to kick this nasty crud. Susan i hope you didn't get it from me.
Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #298
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies,

Happy Friday to all! Yesterday was my true Friday---I worked 4 12 hrw shifts and i'm beat now...so today is "ME" day.

WW last week was my first weigh in---went beautifully---of course...this week won't be so stellar---baby steps

I had gotten my package from my SS and finally got on to tell all...wonderful peppermint tea and 2 wax potourri, 2 packages of embellishments and a lovely card with inspirational words...thank you for your strenght.

I will be posting again tomorrow, need to get ds up and going.

Keep looking ahead, not behind.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #299
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Status here: Mine was sent, none received yet though.

My workout of late is cleaning house to get it ready to go on the market this week!!!! AAAAAAGGGHHHH!
Susan, I'm praying for endurance for you and those you love. Godly wisdom.

HUGS...
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #300
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfabian2 View Post
SUSAN- I'm praying that all goes well for you and that the out of towner grabs what I'm sure will be a wonderful home for its next owner.

Tomorrow's the big day. I just said to my husband this morning, another year, another surgery. With all the back problems I've had, this will be surgery #16 in 20 years. 12 of them were on my back. I really hope this is the last in a very long line. I'm actually having the surgery at an outpatient surgical center because it will be done with a local and sedation. If I had to have general anesthesia, I would have to go to the main hospital, Geisinger Wyoming Valley, because I have sleep apnea and they won't take a chance putting me under at their short stay unit, which is in another location. We found all this out when I had a joint replacement done in my right thumb last year.

My hands have been awful the last 24 hours. I was up and down all night with pain in the left hand. I managed to get the house cleaned up today. Now the trick will be getting my DH and the 5 cats to keep it that way!

I still have a little work to finish up my Feb. and march gifts for my SS, but will do that tonight and my DH has the mailing schedule for this and about 6 other swaps I've finished in the last few days.

I saw my family doctor today, and I'll just say that the weigh-in wasn't pretty. I've still got the 8 pounds I gained plus one more, but I just really haven''t cared the way I had been in the past few weeks. Too much pain between my hands and my back. Once I can start driving after my surgery, my DH has agreed to find a ride to work on Thursdays so I can get back to my WW meeting.

I'll check back in in a few days, have a great weekend,
Tracy
Tracy... praying that your doctors have God's wisdom and that the Holy Spirit's presence is there with them as they work on your hands. We all experience ups and downs with weight management but keep the positive experience of this loss journey.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #301
Crimping Master

Prayers for your recovery Tracy!

Waving at you Marilyn ~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #302
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to chrys23

i received my ss package this week. thanks so much for the handmade washcloth, fruit rollups and drink mixes!! much appreciated!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #303
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Good morning all! Sorry I'm absent a lot but with my move pending, lots to do and battling a cold.
Here is a prayer request and a praise/testimony --
The house doesn't even go on the market til next week, but we had the realtor do a notice mailing to our development as its rather unique and many have family that want ot mvoe in there, and homes do not go up for sale often there. Well, lo' and behold, the realtor already got a call from someone who is from out of town just in town today who wanted to see it already! Now wouldn't that be a testimony if the house sold before it even went on the market???? All GOD!
I'm praying for you Susan and I hope everything goes smoothly with the house.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #304

Thanks, everyone!
The couple did come look but haven't decided yet what house in the area that they want to put in an offer on apparently. I know God is in control so no worries.

Last week I learned to replace a deck. This week I learned to do crown moulding. At this rate, could someone just arrange for me to have my own DIY show on tv, involving crafting and cooking and house remodeling...

Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #305

A BIG Thank you to my SS for the cute travel mini-book kit and encouraging card!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #306
Crimping Master

Thank you my SS! My awesome package arrived and I love it. So clever - that candy bar box really had me going
Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #307
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Going to get my Feb. package together soon, I am not waiting til the end of the month like last month
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #308

Hope my SS gets her package soon! I sent it awhile ago.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #309
Crimping Master

Just in case my SS sent a package and hasn't gotten a response from me yet, I am in Kansas for a friend's funeral. He died last Thursday and the memorial service was Saturday but I'm staying in Kansas with his wife because she's in hospice and couldn't go to Georgia for the burial. Since the entire family went down to Georgia, I'm staying to keep her company until their family returns. I won't be back home to check my mail until Saturday evening.

Meanwhile, I've managed to lose one more pound....gosh it's coming off so much slower than I hoped. At this rate, I'll never get that seatbelt around me when I go to Europe in May!!!

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am...you are in my thoughts. I'm wishing the best for everyone and find your success stories very inspirational...please keep posting!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #310
Polyshrink Goddess

I got an amazing gift in the mail today and was lucky enough to get to open it at lunch time. I received a stack of wonderful WW recipes on decorated pages, a stunning and sparkly butterfly card (I forgot to list that my favorite color is shiny), a back of sunflower note cards and a matching journal. Absolutely a fantastic gift. Thanks, Secret Sister!

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #311

Hi ladies --
Just stopping by to say hello when I have a moment and encourage each of you to stick to the plan!!! Things have been rather busy for me so I am finding myself eating fast food or quick fixes a lot more, but God has provided that motivation I asked him for to get me back on track, and I think I'll be joining the YMCA very soon to start attending exercises classes and swimming a lot more to say the least.
Short story: Turns out I'll need to be in a pool for a training at my new job. Not a pretty sight so I have GOT to lose and get back in shape at least a little bit!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #312
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

You can do it Susan! Also buy a good bathing suit, it will be worth it!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #313

Yes, mam! I will do just that! With a goal of treating myself to a new one with each size I lose.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #314
Insane Embellisher

sue_ZZZ - So sorry to hear of your friend's death. How very kind of you to stay with his wife. I'm praying for peace for all of you.

Susan- My house needs a LOT of work. If you run out of things to do on your house, feel free to to take a run straight up 81 to the Nanticoke exit and pick a project (or any project my DH started but never finished!).

Obviously, I'm back. The surgery went well - I got there at 7:15 and was on my way home around 11 am, I guess they needed the bed!- and I'm actually using the hand to do a little bit of typing, tho mostly it's peck, peck, peck with the right hand. This is much easier than last year when I had a joint replacement and carpal tunnel surgery done in my right hand. The pain has dropped significantly in the last 24 hours, tho it lets me know if I'm doing to much. My right hand is actually worse than the one that was operated on. I go back next week to get the wrap off and talk more about what's going on with my right hand.

I finally got back to tracking my eating today. Sitting around not being able to do much has been really hard. I'm bored so I want to eat. I figured I'd better start writing it down and facing what I'm eating, or I'll be back up to where I started before this bandage comes off. I really am SO bored right now!

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers,

I'm waiting for something to come that I ordered for my SS. I'm afraid I haven't been able to craft much for this month, but hopefully I can make up for that next month.

Proud Mom of Iraq War Vet, Please Support Our Troops!
I support Operation Write Home and the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #315
Gabfest Goddess

Oops. Thought I failed to post my thank you. Found it. : )
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #316
Pearl-ExPert

I got my package from my SS a couple days ago. Sorry I didn't post sooner. I got a pack of candles and a tea bag in a pouch (i think thats what you call it, can't remember the exact name). Thank you SS. I love the tea.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #317
Pearl-ExPert

one more week and im off my chicken diet, then the exercise begins, right after i get an ok from the midwife if i can start working out. I hope so. Has anyone tried Power 90 by Tony Horton? I tried his video before and it seemed to work but got off track so hopefully it will be better this time around. If anyone has the power 90 videos and would like to sell it, please let me know.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #318

Oh my, anything that says Power or Turbo, I have learned the hard way to avoid.
I'm more into yoga, stress relief, senior ___, and relaxation.
And swimming will be added as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #319

GOD is soooo Amazing! We got an offer on the house!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #320
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
GOD is soooo Amazing! We got an offer on the house!!!
That is wonderful!
Closed Thread