Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #161
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Yay! See you there too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLime View Post
It looked good and something to help keep me on track. Signed up for the class and got my supplies ordered and/or pulled out of the stash. Woohoo!!!

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #162
Pearl-ExPert

Well ladies, i'm off today---worked last 2....DS birthday--he is now 12 and we are celebration LIFE mode....We will both be hitting the treadmill sometime today though--followed by cake. balancing act today.

About the class---i am new to scrapbooking (not card making) but i want to do this for myself and my motivaiton thoughout the year...so I will be using my supplies i have here...Like some of you I want to not spend anymore $ except basics like card stock, 3-d, tape, glue....

Okay enough chatting off to sing Happy Birthday again...
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #163

Have any of you tried using the raspberry ketones? I've heard about them quite a bit of late, even on Dr. Oz. I have them and am thinking of trying them.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #164

I saw they also have a group on Daily Mile as well as a FB group for that MMEW 2.0 class. Joined the DM one but can't find the FB one yet.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #165
Crimping Master

Happy New Year to all of you!

For me, the festivities are over...finally! They were fun but I'm ready to get back into my normal routines again. Classes resume tomorrow so today is the last day of my holiday vacation. I'm trying to get my stamping room re-organized after the holidays!

Happy Day to everyone!

Sue_zzz
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #166
Gabfest Goddess

Went to the Dr. today and my labs look better~ More work ahead, but my Doc says I'am doing everything I should. Happy, happy. So my workout at the gym really felt good today!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #167
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesgram View Post
Went to the Dr. today and my labs look better~ More work ahead, but my Doc says I'am doing everything I should. Happy, happy. So my workout at the gym really felt good today!
good for you!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #168
Cardstock Collector

Your Weight Lose goals: 84
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: Philippians 4:13
Favorite music:
Favorite colors:Turquoise, Pink, Blue, Green
Favorite workout/sport: Walking
Favorite activities: Writing, books, Photography
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: Water
Anything else you would like to share:
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? Lavender, Cinnamon, Apple, Clean Linen, I also like bath brushes, bath masks, bath pillows,and lots and lots of lotion.

Pair me with anybody but scrappinwithtammy as she is my mom
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #169
Pearl-ExPert

Evening, have to work next 2 days....Well went to gym today and had trainer try to kick my butt.....I put up a good fight...was tired but it felt great...

Have been working on the food, have been working on the MoveMoreEatWell2.0--gotten pictures from walgreens, got 4 pages printed out...working through my thoughts...

everyone ahve a good friday and saturday--I'll be able to chat sunday---

Remember one step at a time--and any step forward is improvement.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #170
Swapper of the Month August 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrys23 View Post
what paper are you using cuz all i have in 8.5*11 is pti. i'm not sure i have enough to make it in one color. i was wondering what mikes had in 8.5*11....in big packs.
Okay...my reply is slow and you probablly figured out what you are going to use by now but...I am using cream cardstock and then filling in with some 8x8 pti papers.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #171
Pearl-ExPert

Your Weight Lose goals: after having Audrey, hope to lose at least 40 lbs
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: If there's a will, there's a way
Favorite music: anything but country
Favorite colors: white, light blue, pink, creme, silver
Favorite workout/sport: squats
Favorite activities: reading, crafting
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: drinks: nothing with fizz, snacks: anything that's not too greasy
Anything else you would like to share:
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? love anything green tea and lemon, not really into the fruity smelling lotion/stuff.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #172
Insane Embellisher

JCI. Not having a good weekend. My hands have been incredibly painful this weekend. I had a nerve conduction done right before Christmas which showed moderate to severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, including the right, which was operated on for carpal tunnel in Feb. of 2012. I really think the Levaquin I took in June did something to the ligaments and/or tendons in my hands, because that's when they started hurting again. Not carpal tunnel at first, but that seems to be what it's become. They'd been quiet for a while but really flared before Christmas.

Now I'm back to taking a fair amount of pain medicine and not moving as much as I was. I've been making not so great food choices this weekend so I have to get back on top of things first thing tomorrow morning! Actually, starting right now, right? It's hard to be good when you're in pain, but that's what got me in the situation I'm in right now. I gained almost 60lbs over 20 years of back surgeries and pain.

I don't have the energy to fight today, but tomorrow's a new day and hopefully my doctor will have some ideas on how to deal with this latest episode.

Sorry, today's not one of my better days. I hope everyone has a good week,

Proud Mom of Iraq War Vet, Please Support Our Troops!
I support Operation Write Home and the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #173
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

take a nap Tracy maybe that will help
Old 01-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #174
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies and Happy Monday---

I have been slowly making my way though the MoveMoreEatWell2.0---

did the one page with the weight and measurements...oh yes i also took pics in the mirror of side view of self...I guess i am stronger than I thought---it should have send me running into the kitchen, dive into the pantry and not come out until every last carb, processed ceral had been devoured....

I did NOT do that--wanted to but did not, not saying the numbers aren't still echoing in my head..but you know its keeping me focused...thats a start

So today already walked dog -50 min..need to get onto treadmill and do my cardio---had gotten the leslie sansome walk away the fat dvd for those mornings before work...

Oh and also making a frittata to freeze, some kale and zucchini chips today...guess i have a little cooking ahead of me...

hope everyone had a glorious monday---
Old 01-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #175
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning everyone, I did slip a little over the weekend. Woke up late on Saturday and didn't have time to pack lunches and then sat in a gym all day, I resisted the concession stand but was starving when I got home and ate everything but the kitchen sink...lol

Hope everyone has a great week
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #176

I intended to get my MMEW pages done and OLW pages done but didn't get either done!!!! I was fighting off something last week and ended up resting a lot, then having to catch up from that even.
But I did lose 1.5 lbs of the weight I'd gained over the holidays so back on track, off caffeine again, off gluten and dairy as well, and working on eliminating sugars again with the exception this time of allowing myself some honey and natural cane sugars here and there, and the dark chocolate sometimes.

I've been off the caffeine and had cut the others down to almost nothing already for 5 days and an already feel a huge difference today. amazing.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #177
Pearl-ExPert

Natalie hope you have a good week as well...glad you left the kitchen sink--it comes in handy

Susan--i agree with you in how different i feel with the cutting of carbs/glutens...i am amazed at how wonderful i feel every morning..no stiffness what so ever.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #178

So ladies --- What have you done TODAY towards your goals?

I put my gym bag together this morning and did put it in my trunk. Now its there, with the gym shoes, no excuses to not use it at work as long as I can find time during the day to go. That's my next goal. But at least I got the bag together and in the car!

And I did just program my new pedometer. Its tiny, simple, easy to use, does the basics, and I've clipped it on my outfit. My goal there is to build up to 10,500 steps per day --- that would equate to 3 miles. If I could do more, even better, but I just want to start with that as a goal for now considering I sit almost all day long in front of a computer for work, five days a week now.

I also brought in a big selection of teas and healthy snacks like nuts, dried fruit crisps (LOVE those, especially the Pineapple ones!), lentil chips to have with hummus, frozen meals that are good for me (GF/DF/Organic), some fruit, and waters. I have found if I only have the healthy options then I will go with those and not munch on the junk. I also loaded up my vitamin containers so that I have them and take them daily too.

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY TOWARDS YOUR GOALS? C'mon now... chime in or go do something and chime in...

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #179

Hi Sue! I worked on that this weekend too. We had a guest room/craft room... well in the 2 yrs since we bought the house, my son came twice and used the guest room but they are moving back west so likely won't come again out here. And my mother in law used it when her power went out this summer. So I decided to take the guest bed out of there, since it took up half the room, and it opened the room up greatly for me to organize and feel more comfortable in there. I still have a lot of paperwork to organize and shred (not to mention prepare for tax time) but now have the room at least!

I donated a lot of my overstocked items too such as cards and small gifts that I had far too many of from past swap returns. They went to soldiers, RMHs, the retirement home and women's shelters --- all of whom were thrilled to receive them!

My goal on craft budget this year is to not spend anything unless its for a class requirement or for the basics such as glue/tape/glue dots/dimensionals to be able to use up the other items! I even had a stash of items I'd overbought from Michaels that were still in the bags so I returned them all instead to start the year with a credit (or is that cheating??). So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_ZZZ View Post
Happy New Year to all of you!

For me, the festivities are over...finally! They were fun but I'm ready to get back into my normal routines again. Classes resume tomorrow so today is the last day of my holiday vacation. I'm trying to get my stamping room re-organized after the holidays!

Happy Day to everyone!

Sue_zzz

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #180

Awesome! Congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesgram View Post

Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #181

Awesome! Congrats!
And can you share your recipes for the kale and zucchini chips please?
I make sweet potato (or yams) ones --- thin sliced, spread olive oil on a pan (I use a baking stone one from PC), sprinkle with lots of Herbes de Provence or PC's Rosemary seasoning, bake at 450F for 30 min, then I like to turn the broiler on them for a few minutes to crisp even a bit more.
I can eat these for a meal even and sweet potatoes are soooo good for you!
Sweet Potato Nutrition Facts | LIVESTRONG.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
Good Morning ladies and Happy Monday---

I have been slowly making my way though the MoveMoreEatWell2.0---

did the one page with the weight and measurements...oh yes i also took pics in the mirror of side view of self...I guess i am stronger than I thought---it should have send me running into the kitchen, dive into the pantry and not come out until every last carb, processed ceral had been devoured....

I did NOT do that--wanted to but did not, not saying the numbers aren't still echoing in my head..but you know its keeping me focused...thats a start

So today already walked dog -50 min..need to get onto treadmill and do my cardio---had gotten the leslie sansome walk away the fat dvd for those mornings before work...

Oh and also making a frittata to freeze, some kale and zucchini chips today...guess i have a little cooking ahead of me...

hope everyone had a glorious monday---

Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #182

Okay, Natalie... I didn't think I'd have to tell you this... but you DO realize that you aren't supposed to just SIT in the gym all day, right?

(HUGS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetsix View Post
Good morning everyone, I did slip a little over the weekend. Woke up late on Saturday and didn't have time to pack lunches and then sat in a gym all day, I resisted the concession stand but was starving when I got home and ate everything but the kitchen sink...lol

Hope everyone has a great week

Old 01-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #183

So I'm still checking ---
Have any of you tried the raspberry ketones?

How about PGX Fiber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Have any of you tried using the raspberry ketones? I've heard about them quite a bit of late, even on Dr. Oz. I have them and am thinking of trying them.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #184
Pearl-ExPert

susan--sorry i never heard of rasp. ketones or the others...can't help there

here are the recipes--i did just put season salt on the kale instead of vinegar and a little soy sauce

Kale Chips Recipe - Allrecipes.com

for the zucchini i just used the oven...it took only 15-20 min on my cookie sheets...you just have to watch the veggies...it turned out super yummy...

Dehydrated Zucchini Chips | Comfy Tummy
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #185
Pearl-ExPert

well ladies i will be working next 2 days--12 hrs shift doesn't leave room for computer surfing when i get home from work...

But i promise to do my workout before i go to work...and then when i get home it will be one hour of cleaning house before crashing and relaxing before bed....
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #186
Hardware Hotshot

We are officially closed, look for a PM with your partner tonight!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #187

Its turning out to be one of THOSE days for me... prayers please.

AND -- praising God for an answer to some this morning, and asking for continued prayers for me/DH as major decisions ahead for us.

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 01-08-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #188
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I don't know but if I could lose a pound for everything dollar of supplies I use up... hey, for even PENNEY of supplies I use up... I'd be a crafting fool and be down to my ideal weight in no time just based on the overflowing amount I have now. Its out of control.

Part of my 2013 goals: $0 spending on crafting with the exception of the basics needed to use up my other items such as tape and glue refills.
I have been out of control buying craft items. That's one of my goals too; use up what I have and finish all my projects that I've started over the years and not finished. I went to Hobby Lobby for the first time in December. It's a great company. I
have to move in another year and my other goal is to downsize and get rid of lots of belongings that I no longer need. Ugh!

Madonna
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #189
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Praying for you

Quote:
Its turning out to be one of THOSE days for me... prayers please.

AND -- praising God for an answer to some this morning, and asking for continued prayers for me/DH as major decisions ahead for us.
I'm praying for you. I can use prayers too. My husband passed away July 30 and I am having a very difficult time. We were married 24 years. My base is also closing in 2014 so I have to get ready to move and sell my house. Difficult in a foreign country when I am not fluent in the language.

Madonna
Old 01-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #190
Crimping Master

Got the name of my SS. Anxious to get started with the spoiling!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #191
Hardware Hotshot

All names have been assigned, if you didn't get yours, let me know. Let the spoiling begin!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #192
Crimping Master

Hooray...I have my WL secret sis!

Thanks Roxie
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #193

Got mine and already have ideas!

Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #194

Have you considered returning stateside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com View Post
I'm praying for you. I can use prayers too. My husband passed away July 30 and I am having a very difficult time. We were married 24 years. My base is also closing in 2014 so I have to get ready to move and sell my house. Difficult in a foreign country when I am not fluent in the language.

Madonna

Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #195
Watercolor Wizard

Got my name as well~~woohoo~can't wait for the fun to being!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #196
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com View Post

Madonna
Madonna I added you to my prayer list today. Susan you have been on my "list" for a while now

Hope everyone has a great evening
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #197

Yikes! That is good yet scary, Margie!
Likewise, Madonna, you are still on mine. God has great plans for you -- oddly, it seems we are often pushed out of our comfort zones to be in accordance with those plans...
going through that myself right now.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #198

I updated my saying for this round --- Proverbs 3:5-6!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Down 2 lbs so far for this round, and a coworker challenged me to be accountable with her to exercise every day in some way so I have to own up to that now too!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #199
Swapper of the Month August 2012

Quote:
I updated my saying for this round --- Proverbs 3:5-6!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Down 2 lbs so far for this round, and a coworker challenged me to be accountable with her to exercise every day in some way so I have to own up to that now too!

Way to go Susan! I'm down 1.6. Maybe I need an exercise partner...I do well a few days out of the week but I know I need more.

Hope you all are well.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #200
Forum Fanatic

Hey ladies! Thanks for the recipes for all the veggie chips!

Does shoveling count as excersise? Or stacking fire wood? My BF got back from two weeks in FL Friday afternoon. I went down to his place that morning and cleared enough of the drive I could get my little car in and got the wood stove going so he would have a warm house to come home to. Sunday we went out with the tractor and the snowblower to finish clearing the drive and I still had to clean out around his other car with the shovel.
Closed Thread