Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 AM   #81
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Jen, good loss! You will probably be fine tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #82
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaporte View Post
I am sorry but I am withdrawing from this swap. I hope it you understand.
I hope everything is okay Marilyn
Old 12-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #83
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Everyone!!!

I have fallen off the wagon and hit hard... I have been so busy at work since Thanksgiving (I work for the Post Office) so I have taken to snacking instead of eating good food. I haven't noticed any weight gain but I haven't lost anything either. A SS in another swap sent me a 12 oz. bag of M&Ms and I have usually a handful of them throughout the day or have 5 or 6 of the peppermint Christmas Nouget candies they have out.

On June 7th, 2013 is my 10 year wedding anniversary so my goal is to be at the same weight I was when I got married... I have 35lbs to lose... smaller would be nice too...

I have started to get off the Pepsi (I have only had 1 glass in a week) and I have increased my water intake to 33.8 oz per day... Yeah me!!!
Mystery Swap WS/PB Fancy Fold Swap
Owl Cards Swap Multiple Choice Recipes
Quilted, Foiled & Doilies Swap
Pets Only Swap Down on The Farm Swap
"Friends" SS Swap 11 Days of Spring SS Swap
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #84
Crimping Master

Just maintaining is a good goal through the holidays!

Exciting anniversary to be celebrating...still time after the holidays to reach your goal!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #85
Pearl-ExPert

I'm still waiting until Audrey is born to start my diet. But I see all these nice clothes on sale Can't buy any yet
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #86
Gabfest Goddess

Hello all,
What fun. Health issues dictate I lose some pounds to be healthy. I would love to encourage others and receive some encouragement myself. Last week someone gave me a pound of See's. I promptly gave it to a friend, rather than risk eating it all myself (I would have). Depressed, I went to Krispy Kreme's and downed two donuts. BAD! I was doing really well. @@ Sweets will be my downfall, and pizza, unless I stay focused!

Your Weight Lose goals: I hope to lose at least 15 lbs by March. I want to do it slow and steady.
Favorite inspirational quote or verse: "That one hour spent in the gym is important...but the key to seeing results is how I spend the rest of my 23."
Favorite music: Classical
Favorite colors: Blue, red and peach.
Favorite workout/sport: Working out at the gym. (Just started, less than a month, but love it)
Favorite activities: Working out at the gym, rubber stamping, reading (love magazines for women), and watching movies.
Low fat snacks or drinks you like: String cheese, nuts, fruit, tea, tea, tea, chamomile my fave. The less sugar the better.
Anything else you would like to share: I work with children who have special needs which keeps me very busy. I love our kids. I love to read, lots of catching up to do. I have three grandsons, 1 close by, who is a joy. I see the other two, two or three times a year, miss them a lot.
Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time? Vanilla anything, lavender anything, bar soap, bath gel. Candles least favorite. I would love to join!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #87
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #88
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Sheng, when is the baby due?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #89
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelita_uno View Post
It's shaping up to be a good week for weightloss as I've been really good on counting points. Also since I'm nearly starting from scratch again, the water weight drops kind of fast the first week or two. Hey..it all has to come off eventually! I made a list last night of rewards as I make progress on this journey. I have 45 lbs to lose so I broke it down by 10 lbs and then my final goal. Have you all set mini goals with a reward?

Here's my list....

10lbs Pedicure
20lbs Get to pull smaller sizes out of storage tubs. Getting hair
professionally colored (I do my own normally)
30lbs Massage and full body salt scrub
40lbs Wear that formal gown. Pull more clothes out of storage. Buying ALL
new undergarments.
45lbs GOAL! Buy a sequined pencil skirt that I've been pining for and my
husband has to take me to the Cities to go dancing!
You've inspired me! I never thought of setting goals long term and then reward myself as the goal is reached. I am making my list to! Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #90
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks Pia!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #91
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Hi Ladies --
I'm still around though things have gotten rather crazy for me in the last two months with work and the stress over that. I've dropped off of this for the secret sister commitment because of some major changes hitting me, but am staying on the thread if okay.
Stress and holiday food temptations have taken me down and distracted me from my goals but I'm trying to get back on track. I can feel the misery of sugar overload on my body already and the caffeine withdrawals/impacts again as I try to get back off of things. I cannot believe how much they impact me... but now that I know, I have to stick to staying away from them. (For those who weren't on before, I cut all sugars, all dairy, all gluten and all caffeine out of my diet for 3.5 months, lost 21+ lbs, 35+ inches, and was doing very well with it until the stress of job changes hit and I started eating those bad things again.)

Anyhow, trying to get back on track here.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #92
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok...a warning....it's story time with Rachel and I'm a bit long winded. I just wanted to share a couple of personal ah-ha moments I've had this week.

Three weeks ago I started with my new class of 9th grade physical education students. I've felt like such a hypocrite the last few years when I'm pushing physical activity and healthy lifestyles but not living it myself. Anyway, I do two week units and these past two weeks we've been doing a strength training unit. We have very limited equipment so I've been developing my classes around body weight strength training. Yesterday was lower body (about 4 different types of squats and 3 different sets of lunges). I participate with my students and today I was really hurtin'. You know what though, it's a good kind of sore. I feel muscles in my thighs and backside that I obviously haven't used in quite a while. I'm excited. All my research says that cardio is important for physical fitness but if you want to change the way your body looks, you need to strength train. I also discoved that I NEED to build some muscle mass.

My mom bought an Ab-doer a while back and it came with a digital scale that will calculate body composition percentages. She already had a digital scale so she gave it to me and I took it to school this week so that any student who wanted to see where their body composition percentages were could. I also stepped on. Yikes! 31.8% body fat which puts me in the obese category. AARRRGGGHHH I'm a statistic! More frightening was that my muscle percentage was only 28.2%. Most of my students had muscle percentages in the low 40s. They're burning calories just sitting there! Sooooooo....I'm adding strength training to my regimine 3 days a week.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Old 12-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #93
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to continue to lurk here as I find your company lifts my spirit. Pia, thanks for the concern. I've got to say only a bit on the thread. Life is complicated. I'm trusting in God and I've a great network of Dr's and counselors helping me. I'm learning not to rely on my feelings but to know the truth of the world that God is bigger than the feelings I have and that if I fully rely on Him and His teaching I will be living free from the burdons the world places on me.
Susan, I'm adding you to my prayer list.
Jen, Good job on loss. That's a super success. I stepped on the scale myself and found I was down 2 since two weeks ago. I'm happy about that.
I have thought chewing sugar free gum may help while I'm baking. Although, I only made one batch of cut-out cookies and took all about the dozen I mailed to my MIL to a church pot luck. My DH is diabetic (type 2) and I'm trying to just focus on the important stuff this Christmas.

Blessings to each of you-

Last edited by mrslaporte; 12-20-2012 at 04:08 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #94
Hardware Hotshot

I want to first welcome Davesgram to our group.

I have on a roller coaster last two months, but my weight has only gone up and down by about two pounds. I have had my BP meds changed at least 5 times in that time period. But the good thing is I have been successfully weaned off the one that makes you lose your hair, not sleep and causes anxiety. It is gone as of last Sat. Now my dr and I are trying to find a good balance of other meds to replace it and it has been tricky - I had one that my feet swelled and my hands and feet tingled all the time, one that caused chills all the time, one that dropped my BP way low, one that my potassium level dropped. The present combo seems to be getting close - my dr told me "we are to the point where this an art now, not a science" I guess it is better to be an art project than a science project - at least better to look at! Needless to say I have not done well watching what I have been eating. I have to get back to healthy foods, no more stress eating!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #95
Pearl-ExPert

sign me up please...so glad i found this before the new year...AND at work we have a challenge going now "no gain maintain"...hoping that we don't overdo during the holidays...

i will finish up the profile later on today...great challenge!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #96
Pearl-ExPert

well ladies, i'm off to workout with trainer...only 30 min but he does kick butt....mine
and the get hair cut...home for a few hrs --its only 1/2 day for kiddo's....try to be back here later....

love this idea of a challenge...okay i said it before but its good to repeat!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #97
Hardware Hotshot

Glad you found us seanryan6, I have you down.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #98
Crimping Master

Morning all! Rachel I had an ah ha moment myself recently. I had started a running program and was doing pretty well. Then I got busier and let it slide. When I tried to pick up where I left off I couldn't do it. I have lost all my hard work and will be starting over. That makes me so angry with myself. I am my worst sabatouer!

Marilyn it is good to hear from you. I have been praying for you my friend.

Roxie it sounds like you have been thru the wringer. Hope this combination is the answer. As talented as you are, art project sounds like the perfect description
Old 12-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

My profile….

Weight loss goal: I’m unusual—gotta be that’s in my nature---I don’t have a number in weight, I do have a number from the measuring tape, and a specific area…I want to lose 6 inches from my waist. (to begin with) So whatever number that puts me at in the pounds…won’t know until I get there…

Favorite Color: any color that you find in nature I would love.

One of my Favorite inspirations: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:24)

Favorite Music: Many different styles, but for this challenge..with relaxing…love the native Americian flute music ---or a thunderstorm

Favorite workout/sports: If I was really into sports I don’t think I would be where I am But workouts—that is a different story ---I do strength training –weights—and cardio treadmill/jogging/walking

Favorite activities: make cards for RMH, sew, quilt, knitting—doing washcloths and dishcloths at night time to keep hands occupied…and it relieves stress as well-the mindless patterns are a God send.

Favorite drink: I don’t do the processed low-fat snacks…I do drink coffee and tea---I love organic peppermint tea

Things to know: I’m following the paleo/primal path—protein, veggies, nuts, fruit and a smidge of dairy…when I follow this path I feel awesome from the minute I wake up to when I go to bed a night…the stumbling block down this path is the big time chunk that is needed to prepare my foods/menu’s. because fast food just isn’t an option. IF I only had a personal chef…

I had lost weight and 2 inches off waist but my exercise needed to be boosted…I feel that when both are in the picture then nothing could stop me….now needing to get all my little ducks in a row…

Preference: I don't like food/cookie/baking scents--i love the citrus crisp clean scents--bath salts are lovely, . I would just stick with bath salts/bomb/cookies...(for the bath that is)

Last edited by seanryan6; 12-22-2012 at 04:08 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #100
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome Linda! We have a good group here.

Susan and Marilyn, things will get better, they will. Change is hard and the stress is worse.

Most of you know that DH lost his job in October, so we are really stressing. But we are trying to focus on all the positives in our lives. Some days are better than others, I fully admit that.

Things will work out for ALL of us!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #101

Sounds like so many of us under attack and dealing with stresses. But at least we know that our weight and what we eat and do physically we CAN work on and control to some extent, right? So let's refocus on that and make those goals!!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #102
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Well said Susan!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #103
Pearl-ExPert

worked 12 hr shift today, it was long and too many hours in front of the computers....have a headache...waiting for it to go away before i head for bed...i know its early but heck...its dark out

chatting more tomorrow....
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #104
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks Roxie!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #105
Gabfest Goddess

I know I eat when I'am stressed. Sweets are my weakness. For me, I find if I simply don't buy them, then I can't eat them. Instead, I keep healthier snacks handy. Nuts, fruit, crackers and the like. I keep some peanut butter close and spread it a piece of toasted wheat bread. Then lots of water. I keep my goals focused and in front, helps me fight it.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies, dog let me sleep for 45 more minutes...so i got up at a leisurely 6 am and walked my pup....one hour later...my cheeks are cold and it felt wonderful...

Need to get some yard work done (yes its cold outside) but just putting down some winterizer fertilizer and then pruning my burning bush...which shouldn't take long but i'm hoping for another hr with that...

OH almost forgot the house cleaning...Okay i think that will rack up enough moving minutes in my day today...

FOUND a lovely christmas free digistamp that i want to play with and make some cards out of...then store it away for next year...

have a great day ladies...oh i found a quote on "FOCUS"

"Dont dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer" ~ Denis Waitley
Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #107
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies!

I haven't been around much, but I WAY overestimated what I could get sewn before Christmas! Over the past few days, as the Big Day gets closer, I've been putting projects in bags for after the holidays, and today, I finally had to give up on getting the blanket sleeper done for my granddaughter until right after Christmas. I hated to do it, but I have other presents for her, and after all, she's only 6 mos old, so she probably won't notice! But I didn't have an individual gift for my DIL or my oldest son's girlfriend, so I wanted to get their pj bottoms done. One down, one to finish in the morning. Then cleaning, helping hubby bake and wrapping and I'm done! I usually remind myself about now that it's not about the presents and to stop and remember the real reason for the season. Then I slow down and enjoy again, and, oh yeah, remember to breathe!

I haven't been very good, though I haven't had to pay for it, yet. I was at the Urgent Care Ctr. last night because of sinus infection and my doctor wasn't in the office yesterday, so I got on the scale and my weight was still 203. Sounds like a lot to those who don't know me, but I was up to 236 at my highest, so 203 is just fine with me!

There's a whole lot going on...my transmission quit, my oldest son and his girlfriend will be preparing their new home in our attic after the holidays, my DH really, really wants to make a major career change including retraining at 63, and they've finally diagnosed the trouble in my hands as carpal tunnel syndrome, which is odd since the right hand HAD been successfully operated on in Feb. of last year (apparently that success is now a major failure???), but I've put it all on hold until the 26th and I'm going to enjoy Christmas WITH MY GRANDKIDS!!! What an improvement over last year!

I hope all of you have the holiday of your dreams or at the very least, a very Happy Christmas filled with the Blessings of Family and Friends!
Tracy
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #108
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Ladies just checking in with my answers to the questions. I have been so busy and have not had a minute to come on here. I cannot believe it is Christmas Eve tomorrow wow time just went from under me. Anyway I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas when it comes to you and a Blessed 2013. I am off to Scotland in 5 days I cannot wait to see my family

Your Weight Lose goals
: I hope to lose at least 50lbs in the next year I am down 35 so far.

Favorite inspirational quote or verse:
I have quite a few but anything to do with Butterflies, Hope, Faith & Dreams are encouraging.

Favorite music:
Classical at the moment I like John Rutter, But anything really apart from country.

Favorite colors:
Silver, Lilac, Greens

Favorite workout/sport:
Walking, Leslie Sansone dvd's, Yoga dvds and some of the biggest loser ones.

Favorite activities: Walking, rubber stamping, reading love Christmas books, Making jewelry and cards.

Low fat snacks or drinks you like:
Apples, nuts, tea, chocolate!

Anything else you would like to share:
I work as a home companion and love my job. I also collect anything to do with butterflies. I also love the beach and anything beach related. I am losing weight so my husband and I can have a child and or foster children.

Preferences for lotions/bath items/candles or such since its about relaxing/stress relief this time?
Lavender , I also love Calgon Hawiian ginger I use it all the time. I also really like coconut but it is hard to find scented coconut things. I love bath and body works candles sea island cotton. I like crisp clean scents and vanilla bakery scents.

My blog ~ http://faithhopecrafts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #109

Merry CHRISTmas to each of you! May it be a truly blessed one!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Ladies,
I'm hoping that your holidays are peaceful and relaxing. My Christmas yesterday was exactly that...it felt wonderful.
Today is the day AFTER and that means back to routine. Which I think I'm craving.
going to work out with trainer and get the foods back in line.
hoping to continue with my journaling...i usually start and stop...i want it to be more of a routine...

don't kow if i will get to do alittle shopping..tried it last year at the mall and it was horrific...will never EVER do that again

anyone get any snow for christmas? Have a great day
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #111
Swapper of the Month August 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Sounds like so many of us under attack and dealing with stresses. But at least we know that our weight and what we eat and do physically we CAN work on and control to some extent, right? So let's refocus on that and make those goals!!!!
Amen!

I had some stress eating over the past week. It doesn't make things any better. So, why do I do it? I'm ready to refocus and meet my goals!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

okay i was wondering---what does everyone do to occupy the hands/brain so you aren't reaching for the food when you are bored?

my biggest problem area is when i am at work, when i get tired i really really really want to snack ...i can't whip out the knitting...and gum just doens't cut it after the first 2 pieces....

just wondering...maybe i should look into worry beads....had a worry stone from ireland...gotta find that maybe....
Old 12-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #113
Gabfest Goddess

That's my problem Linda. One of the things I do is sit in front of the computer. Right now, off for three weeks and when I'am home, I surf Pinterest and watch movies. It really helps me not snack as much. Then, when I am hungry I plan my lunch or snack and go back to web surfing. Keeps me out the kitchen. I really works for me. Snacks: nuts, salad, one piece of licorice (savor it) or just lemon water. No cookies, pie or cake, don't even make or buy. But I do splurge and have the occasional piece of chocolate. I also buy sugarless candy, very good I must say. One thing I am going to add to my snack list: air popped popcorn. A lot of fiber, few calories.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #114
Gabfest Goddess

The Just 10 Challenge | The Dr. Oz Show Here is something I am going to challenge myself to do. Two tips I love offered by Dr. Oz: Eat snacks with at least 3 grams of fiber and and avoid any snack with sugar in the first five ingredients. Doable!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #115
Gabfest Goddess

Since going to nutrition classes one thing I learned is that it is a must to learn to read labels and become expert at it. And if you don't know how to read the label, it is important to learn.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #116
Gabfest Goddess

Linda, I think another thing since you are at work, you might try always having the snack at hand but choose carefully what it will. That's what I did at work. Instead of cookies, candy and the like, I keep Wheat Thins (no more than six), peanut butter, (no more than a tablespoon for me), fruit, saltines (six), sugarless snacks, veggies, and water, water, water!

Last edited by davesgram; 12-27-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #117
Gabfest Goddess

I have to say since implementing many of these things I see my blood pressure at a normal level for several weeks. I hope I might be able to get off of medication. We will see!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #118
Pearl-ExPert

wow those are alot of tips there...really appreciate them...will try some of them---anyone else? whoops--timer---have to get dinner out of oven...have a great night ladies
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #119
Gabfest Goddess

http://onceamonthmom.com/skinny-monkey-cookies/
Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #120
Crimping Master

Well I have eaten entirely too much thru Christmas. Not so many bad choices just more meals than normal. Ready to get back to working on weight loss and my exercise routine. Looking forward to getting the name of my SS!
Closed Thread