Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree630Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #561
Watercolor Wizard

So I am killin' time tonight--decide to go ck out Christmas cards on Pinterest...then I come across a beautiful white/on/white card--my eye catches the print (font) on the card and I notice it is from CAC "Champagne"...then of course, I google over to dafonts and find the font and it's free--d/l it...and start looking at fonts! Oy Vey....I just d/l'd 22 fonts!!! Now I want to write everyone a printed letter/card with my new fonts...addresses please? hahaha (just kiddin)

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
armywife, NYTripletMommy and ashjoy like this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #562
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Oh happy, happy!!!

Any plans for the weekend?

I was taking a class all day tomorrow but ended up canceling out as not too sure on transportation.

Our little Gracie was taken in this AM for her female surgery. It already seems so weird here without her today. She seems just too little.

Anyone having or going to a Halloween Party?

Whatever you do... I hope it is safe, fun, full of memories, and crafty.

ELF Question
Do you buy yourself a Christmas present?

Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #563
Stampin' Fool

Speedy recovery for your little Gracie. Hope she is on the mend soon!
I am going to a stamping get together in Williamsville (NY) tomorrow! Really looking forward to it! Sorry you are missing yours. I know mine are sanity savers for me
No Halloween parties for us. We just take the kids out around the Village Halloween night.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #564
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

We aren't having a party this year. I think we are still recovering from last years fifty shades party I have to get my fog machine and pumpkin on my porch for tonight as I'm told trick or treating starts tonight here. It seems early but I have my bags ready so I'll put my light on every night anyway.

I don't buy myself Christmas presents, but then again I just tell my husband what I want and it usually appears. I'm convinced he is my elf on a shelf in real life.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #565
Die Cut Diva

Location: Originally from Hawaii, now Hamilton, MT. since 2000

Christmas presents..................Sure I buy them all year long for myself, lol.

~Rosie Gustafson~
My Blog: Rosie's Sanity Corner
I'm On The DT For ABC Challenges
Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #566
Die Cut Diva

Do you buy yourself a Christmas present?

I do not buy anything specific for Christmas but this year I think I am going get myself a nice stethoscope and blood pressure cuff. Maybe I will have a magic elf to get it for me though lol.... I know, not likely but it can not hurt to wish!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #567
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hi all, sorry I've been MIA. Vacation was awesome, flu or whatever the crud was I had was not. It's still hanging on with runny nose, but at Leah I'm functional.

Love the elf names. I'm puddin floppy feet.

We usually only buy for immediate family. Around 10. We usually have about 15 for dinner.
Hey!!!!!! That is my name too!!! Not a fan of the floppy feet part though.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #568
Inking Addict

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I don't have any real plans. I may end up with the house to myself tomorrow night -- DS is going with a group of his friends to dinner and a play; DH and DS are going on an owl hike and that leaves me....what to do, what to do?!!

"Listen to what you know, instead of what you fear." R.Bach
Old 10-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #569
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to grateful2bsaved

Checking in and dashing off. Almost time to start picking up kids, and I haven't showered yet. Conrad has an open-house/pot luck, so I can't stay in my PJ's. LOL Will be back later and see what I've missed. XOX
Old 10-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #570
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
We aren't having a party this year. I think we are still recovering from last years fifty shades party I have to get my fog machine and pumpkin on my porch for tonight as I'm told trick or treating starts tonight here. It seems early but I have my bags ready so I'll put my light on every night anyway.

I don't buy myself Christmas presents, but then again I just tell my husband what I want and it usually appears. I'm convinced he is my elf on a shelf in real life.
How many nights does trick or treating last in your area? I've never heard of that. Trick or treaters only come on Halloween here.
Nicole
Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #571
Mad Swapper

Tomorrow we are going on a wine tour. The bus leaves at 9 and we arrive at the first winery at 11:00. It's an all day event with 4 wineries on the itinerary and a 3 course lunch with wine pairings. Should be fun! Sunday, I need to do some painting in the basement and schoolwork.

And yes, I usually buy myself a present, or two! I'm in charge of all of the shopping and usually end up finishing something cute for myself in the process!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #572
Stazon Splitcoast

Getting ready for the big Fall party tomorrow night. We have had one of these for 13years. Chili, hot dogs, homemade coney sauce plus tons of other food. We made gallons of chili and have lots of hungry people to eat it up.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #573
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygoofus View Post
Hey!!!!!! That is my name too!!! Not a fan of the floppy feet part though.
Puddin' Floppy Feet is a heck of a lot cuter than ELVIS!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #574
Watercolor Wizard

<--Is the main shopper--since my husband waits until Christmas Eve at around 4pm to start shopping--asking what I want...I will sometimes buy myself Anias Anias or a pack of socks--last year we both went out--saw a cheap silver watch at Kohl's...handed it to him...said...you can get me this--I don't have a everyday watch...(that worked too) Kinda boring but it was what I needed--Or I just say GIFT CARDS--list off Spellbinders, Art Impressions, Absolutely Everything! Who needs clothes and housewares when you can buy stamps and dies!!! hahaha

armywife likes this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #575
Watercolor Wizard

Oh some clarification that I learned about when I married and moved to the Northeast (Boston specifically) Everyone here gets things like this in their stocking; soap, socks, underwear, shaving kits, fancy toothbrushes...swear to God--Walmart is completely out of the hygene and undies the week before Christmas--I never had a stocking growing up and always thought this was weird...but it is good "filler stuff" and I have become accustomed to this Christmas stocking stuffer tradition!!! Does anyone else around the country do this? Like it's serious here--hahaha I thought people were kidding when I first heard about this--now I am one of them--but you HAVE to shop early for this junk..even deordorant!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #576
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
I just buy for my immediate family which is my DS and DD. DH and I don't buy for each other but usually go out to eat. And yes, I always buy something for myself! It usually has something to do with stamping of course!
Have a great weekend!
I Thessalonians 5:16-18: Rejoice always, Pray without ceasing. Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #577
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning ladies! I quit buying Christmas gifts a few years back. Hubby lost his job and I had lost mine and the only thing I could find was a part time retail job. I really like NOT commercializing Christmas. Yes I know the Magi gave Christ gifts BUT I think we've gone way overboard with the gift thing. For years I bought for six adult children and their spouses not to mention the 15 grandkids we accumulated over the years. Now I only buy for a swap or two on Splitcoast (where I'm pretty much guaranteed to be reciprocated which wasn't the case with family) and I have one gal friend and her daughter that I get a little something for. Enough with my Bah Humbug!

For Halloween our church hosts an event called "Trunk or Treat". That's my plan for Thursday evening. Church members back their cars into a ring in the parking lot and hand out candy from their trunks. The church also makes hot dogs and has chips and cocoa and I'll run up early and help with the prep for that.

I work retail and today's the day the stores in our strip mall hand out candy. Guess it's going to be pretty darn busy later today.

Work both today and tomorrow. My next days off will be Wednesday through Friday....
Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #578
Matboard Maniac

Super excited to be finished with my sweet secret elf sister!!! 12 fun wrapped presents...some crafty, some tasty, some homemade and ALL wrapped up!!! I had so much fun and cannot wait to send it out in about a month! Here's a sneak peek of the 12 gifts all wrapped up!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #579
Watercolor Wizard

WOW!!! to Lianna!!! You are organized woman!

stpinlight41 likes this post.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #580
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Oh some clarification that I learned about when I married and moved to the Northeast (Boston specifically) Everyone here gets things like this in their stocking; soap, socks, underwear, shaving kits, fancy toothbrushes...swear to God--Walmart is completely out of the hygene and undies the week before Christmas--I never had a stocking growing up and always thought this was weird...but it is good "filler stuff" and I have become accustomed to this Christmas stocking stuffer tradition!!! Does anyone else around the country do this? Like it's serious here--hahaha I thought people were kidding when I first heard about this--now I am one of them--but you HAVE to shop early for this junk..even deordorant!!!
I live in Cleveland and we do the same thing! On Black Friday I usually get that stuff for my husband. It lasts the whole year sometimes though which is awesome for him!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #581
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn_leger View Post
How many nights does trick or treating last in your area? I've never heard of that. Trick or treaters only come on Halloween here.
Nicole
It's really odd here. One night would be great! We have 3 parades in the little towns around us. Each town allows trick or treating on the night of their parades. One was Thursday, one is tonight and one on Tuesday. Then of course there is actual Halloween night. We don't live in town so we get them whenever. Although we haven't had any yet, my guess is we will have the most Halowwen night.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #582
Glitter Guru

Hoping everyone had a great day
Old 10-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpinlight41 View Post
Super excited to be finished with my sweet secret elf sister!!! 12 fun wrapped presents...some crafty, some tasty, some homemade and ALL wrapped up!!! I had so much fun and cannot wait to send it out in about a month! Here's a sneak peek of the 12 gifts all wrapped up!
Looks great Lianna! Very nice!
I Thessalonians 5:16-18: Rejoice always, Pray without ceasing. Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #584
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tlc.2scotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpinlight41 View Post

OMG Lianne... You are really on the ball I am still figuring things out!
I am so bad at figuring things out. I must admit, though, that I am having a great time at it!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #585
Stazon Splitcoast

Our party is over, now the clean up of my kitchen. I did all the dishes last night at midnight, putting everything away today. My kitchen is a mess, I have paper products everywhere and of course some chips etc that need put away. It was a fun night as usual, with the cold not as many came to sit out side and in garage even with the garage heated.

Today is the last foot ball game of my GS's so off to that this afternoon. Have a great day ladies
Old 10-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #586
Kookie Creator

Happy Sunday! It's a beautiful and blustery fall day here. Off to the park with the Puppies then to finish off a card swap and get things set for the post office.

Enjoy your day!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 10-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #587
Watercolor Wizard

OMGOSH...looking at the calendar--Halloween is THIS Thursday?! Duh! I need to pack 2 goodie boxes for my son's at school-we don't get many trick R treater's so I just buy a bag of something we like! Give handfuls of it to the 3 that come to our house!!! Once we're out-our porch light goes off!

Anyone give FULL SIZE candy bars out to T-R-T's? There is an area here "Lake Attitash" where all the houses around the lake give full size bars--it's like a competition--my boy's would go there to T-R-T with their friends who lived there and come home with a mountain of candy bars!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #588
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Years ago I had a Christmas planned with friends where we were going to a cabin in the mountains with our families... we had 'rules' in place such as we would all go out and get a real tree together, and all decorations would have to be handmade then for it, and we would also have to make any gifts (if you weren't crafty, you could get creative, i.e. give coupons for babysitting 2 hrs, afternoon at the park, etc.). We were trying to simplify and keep the focus on what really mattered, keeping away from commercialization and spending, etc.

Well, that was the year I found out about my DH then cheating on me and we divorced and moved before the holidays. Ruined it for all of us unfortunately.

But I've still always wanted to spend a Christmas that way instead. May do it someday still with my kids and their families, will see what they think. The toughest part of it is coordinating around weather to be able to get to a place like that now it seems.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #589
Swapper of the Month March 2012

For Halloween, this is the first year I've decorated and celebrated it in years. I cleaned part of the garage yesterday and found a huge box of decorations and costumes even that I'd forgotten I even had! So I have some decorations up and will hand out candy when I get home that evening, though it won't be until a little later as I have an appt and workout class til 7 so not sure how much I'll be home for. May skip my class for that.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #590
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to scrapfancy

Hello all, Sorry for the MIA but work has been keeping me busy and just got so involved in a project for Halloween. I was in charge of the Haunted Woods Walk at our dog park. So it really came down to me being in charge.
I have been working on how to do the high numbers for our elf poem.
Any ideas out their for us.
I hope all have been having fun shopping????
Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #591
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Years ago I had a Christmas planned with friends where we were going to a cabin in the mountains with our families... we had 'rules' in place such as we would all go out and get a real tree together, and all decorations would have to be handmade then for it, and we would also have to make any gifts (if you weren't crafty, you could get creative, i.e. give coupons for babysitting 2 hrs, afternoon at the park, etc.). We were trying to simplify and keep the focus on what really mattered, keeping away from commercialization and spending, etc.
Susan, That sounds like a WONDERFUL way to spend Christmas! I think I might pass that on with my family...

As for Halloween, I don't decorate. I'm not sure I will have a costume either this year for the trick or Treaters. A few of the neighborhood children are going out for canned goods instead of candy this year. What a nice thought. In addition to the canned goods, I think I will make popcorn balls again for the few kids that stop by.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 10-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #592
Kookie Creator

We live in an area that kids come and go, so no T-T-R's at our house. I have not been speaking to my family for 2 years so gifts on that side go out. My Spouse's family we just give to his mom and her boyfriend. His brother has nothing to do with him. Last year we invited our neighbor who has no family close. Was nice to have her over.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #593
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn_leger View Post
Have my candles lit and watching The Fog. It's not that scary, but only one of the few ghost movies on Netflix in Canada. I don't like violent or gory horror movies, just ghost stories and there aren't that many on Netflix right now. I wish they had some Alfred Hitchcock ones.
My spouse and I love the FOG. Great movie and I am really into horror movies. My husband will not watch expect the old ones. But me I love it. I am one to scare people also.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #594
Proud Fan Club Member

Sue, we do a hug bag of goodies for our kids that visit. We do the great big dollar size Hershey bar, a 3 foot pull and peel licorice, 3 fun size Reese chocolate bars, Swedish fish, sour patch candy, a blow pop, and a bag of sweet tarts. The bags are so full we can't close them. We make up 30 bags. But we don't have little ones so enjoy putting a little extra out for those that visit.

I am going to have my great niece this week, tomorrow until Sunday so I'm sure I won't be around much. She is 3, should be interesting to see how she likes the ones that come dressed up scary.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #595
Die Cut Diva

I dress up for Halloween because my at my second jon, we dress in theme. I would acutally look silly being the only one not dressed up. This year we are the wizard of oz and I am going to be Dorothy. Without knowing that is what I was going to be ( we keep it a surprise until that day) my Little Miss chose the same costume, so we are going to be twins. I have to go to school on Halloween night ( have for the last 2 years too) and we can not miss this class or it is an automatic fail. She goes trick or treating with grandma and grandpa instead. They take pictures but it is not the same as being there.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #596
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
OMGOSH...looking at the calendar--Halloween is THIS Thursday?! Duh! I need to pack 2 goodie boxes for my son's at school-we don't get many trick R treater's so I just buy a bag of something we like! Give handfuls of it to the 3 that come to our house!!! Once we're out-our porch light goes off!

Anyone give FULL SIZE candy bars out to T-R-T's? There is an area here "Lake Attitash" where all the houses around the lake give full size bars--it's like a competition--my boy's would go there to T-R-T with their friends who lived there and come home with a mountain of candy bars!

Have a great day everyone!
When I was growing up, My dad worked for Keebler so we would give out boxes of animal cookies. On my block we had someome that worked for Pepsi and they gave out a can of soda, someone that worked for Coca-Cola and they also gave out a can of soda, someone that worked for Jolly Rancher and they gave out full big bags of candy and someone that worked for Hammond's Candy and they gave out Halloween candy canes.

Needless to say, we LOVED going trick or treating on my block as kids!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #597
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in. I have been super busy with craft shows. That is a good thing! I even found a group of women who don't have a SU demonstrator - got an order from one of them. Also got invited to start attending their monthly crops! I really needed some new business! I have been so busy with crafting, I forgot Halloween was this week. The kids asked me if I was getting the decorations out - guess I'd better get a move on that. Maybe I can get all that up before they get home from school tomorrow. That would be a good surprise. Have a good night everyone!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #598
Pearl-ExPert

JCI.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #599
Mad Swapper

Just popping in to say hello!!
I have the 2nd day of Christmas covered.....I hope to be finished and ready to wrap in two weeks. that's my goal anyways. This is fun.....I have a lot of ideas, I just have to make them happen.

I ordered my Christmas cards for a group that I'm in on Facebook. Doing a big event at the Universary this weekend, after that I should have more time.

Can you believe that our little town has already put up the Christmas lights down Main Street?????
Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #600
Die Cut Diva

Just checking in. I haven't been having the greatest week. I'm lurking and reading everyone's posts

I'm Peppermint Twinkle or Twinkle Peppermint whichever comes first
Closed Thread