Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
Swap Moderator
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Default COMPLETE - Life is Full of Sunny Days Secret Sister Swap

Life is FULL of Sunny Days
This is a THEMED-SWAP.

Each person will post a THEME.
This could be a theme to a project you have put off, one you are currently working on, or one that is in your future. The project must be related to paper crafting.
One theme only.
For your survey, complete the basic information and then it is up to you to describe your theme in detail – what you need for your theme.
Also, your SS is to make an item with your Theme in mind. Give ideas or let them highlight their talent and creativity and surprise you.
Read post 3 for more details, but not before reading the below and agreeing to all of it, too.
By signing, up… you do agree.
  • This is a 1:1 swap with a $25 minimum paper crafting spending limit.
  • If you choose to spend more, that is fine, but not required.
  • The $25 minimum does not include the cost to ship to your SECRET SISTER or if you choose to order online shipping cost to you.
  • The $25 minimum spending limit should be related to your SS’s paper creating interests.
  • Other items you may want to include in their package (candy, candle, lotion, etc.) are above and beyond the $25.
Open: To all that can follow thru as this swap is outlined.

Closing Date for Sign-Ups: 11:59 PM, Monday, August 4
Survey Completion Date: 11:59 PM, Thursday, August 7
Secret Sister Assignments: You will receive information regarding your sister via SCS PM by 11:59 PM, Saturday, August 9
Secret Sister Package Mail Dates: Starting Monday, September 1 and on/by 11:59 PM, Monday, September 15

Sign up by indicating your interest on the thread and PM me (Joan7356) your mailing address. If you played the previous Secret Sister swap and your address has not changed, there is no need to send it to me.
  • This information must be received by 11:59 PM, Monday, August 4 or I will not include you in the swap of names.
  • Mailing Time Frame/Deadline between Monday, September 1 and on/by 11:59 PM, Monday, September 15.
  • Be sure to include a card, tag, note, post-it, something indicating your SCS and real name so it is known whom to thank.
  • A tracking number is highly recommended. You are responsible for your sister's receipt of a package.
  • In the event a tracking number isn't obtained and your packaged mailed goes missing, you will need to send another.
PLUS
this is in addition to the $25 paper crafting minimum
This round of SS we are making something!
For this round of SS, you will make something pertinent to their theme.
If you need ideas Pinterest is full of them.

What else is required?
Check in on this thread 1x/week with a simple hello, jci, or update on what you have been doing. Your Secret Sister will be watching for your comments and if you aren't posting regularly will raise questions if you are still participating and if a package shouldbe sent.
  • If life gets in the way and you are unable to complete this swap, please let me know sooner vs. later/or not at all.
  • The hunt for you is time consuming and leaves many questions unanswered.
  • I would rather not report you to the mods as a FTC (failure to complete).
Complete the survey in Post #3. You have a few weeks to work on it!
  • List items you want. Give detail. Be specific. Provide links.
  • Not everyone shops online, so please balance your items listed with those online and those that can be purchased at JoAnn’s, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, etc.
  • Make no changes to your survey after 11:59 PM, Thursday, August 7
  • When your survey is complete, mark it COMPLETE at the top
  • Many people, once they receive their sister’s name, print off the information. If you make any changes after assignments are made, some won’t even see them.
Do not send items that your sister does not want! If your SS reports back to me receipt of items not requested, you will not be able to participate in future SS swaps I host. Please send only new, unopened packages unless your sister indicates she is willing to accept such.

I can't say this enough. Post when you receive your package. It only takes a minute to do so. Don't wait two days, until the weekend, etc. If the package was sent with delivery confirmation, your SS is more than likely watching its delivery to your doorstep. She then begins watching the thread to see a post from you. Even if you can't post your thank you at the same time, there is a sense of relief at least knowing your package arrived and is in your hands. In the post, indicate when you will post your thank you.
Again, if you can' t commit and fulfill these obligations outlined above, please do not sign up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just wanted to post this info as stated by the moderators of Splitcoast for your info:

Since Secret Sister swaps are typically swaps done one-on-one, each sister is treated as a kind of hostess. We have the "main"hostess who gathered all the info and distributes the names and info. But, the sisters are ultimately responsible for sending their goodies.

That being the case,please note that Secret Sister swaps are treated by the moderators just a bit differently than most swaps. The following rule applies to all participating Secret Sister swappers.

Hostesses that fail to return swaps will be banned from the entire Splitcoaststampers site.

In other words, each person participating in the secret sister swaps is considered a hostess. Failing to uphold your end of a secret sister swap is considered stealing (and ultimately mail fraud if the postal system is used) and will not be tolerated.

By posting this, we don't mean to ruin the fun of Secret Sister swaps. We just want all participants to be aware that giving is just as fun as receiving and getting gypped just plain sucks. Please consider this when signing up to participate in a secret sister swap."

Post #2: List of those playing and their survey thread number.
Post #3: Survey
Post #4: Hold

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
I only ship US unless prior arrangements are made.

Last edited by Joan7356; 09-30-2014 at 04:47 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Swap Moderator

Default Who Is Playing This Round

Name of players

cjcape521 / 20
craftywitchAZ / 19

dcmluv2stamp / 16
gramak8e / 70
jejenc / 49
Miss Kitty Divine /

MistyS / 67
Morgainegeiser 69
mstallo1 / 8
muzbysmom / 9
onecowfarm / 59

Scrapfancy / 45
SkyNacho / 71
Stamperamma / 10
stpinlight41 / 60

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆

Last edited by Joan7356; 08-08-2014 at 12:41 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
Swap Moderator

Default Themed Survey

Survey Says:

COPY and PASTE to your Survey Post the information in Bold Orange.

I have read all the rules and by signing up for this swap agree to all.

My mailing preference is to the US only, CAN only, No Preference.

First Name (or name you go by):
Birthdate:
Anniversary:
Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.:
Description of your crafting space:
Other crafts you enjoy:

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is...

Now, the remainder of the survey is up to you. Describe your THEME in detail. What would you like to help start/complete your theme? Colors? Embellishments? Cardstock? DSP? Chipboard/Shapes? Stamping things needed? Stamping elements? Etc. Give links.

Do you have ideas of what you would like your SS to make for your theme?

Do you mind opened packages of items?

Give lots of details so that you receive the best SS Themed package possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆

Last edited by Joan7356; 07-14-2014 at 10:19 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
Swap Moderator

Default Spot Hold

Holding for further information, if needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
Watercolor Wizard

I've never ever been first before! Put me down plz.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
Mad Swapper

Wow! Harder for me to come up with a theme this time. I'll do some thinking on this one.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

I am in for another round! Thanks!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
Die Cut Diva

Default SURVEY POSTED

I would like to play.
I'll think on theme..this is hard...lol
Thank you

*****COPY and PASTE to your Survey Post the information in Bold Orange.

I have read all the rules and by signing up for this swap agree to all. YES MA'AM

My mailing preference is to the US only, CAN only, No Preference. US ONLY PLEASE

First Name (or name you go by): MICHELE
Birthdate: 02/21
Anniversary: 03/12
Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.: 1 DD {LEAVING FOR COLLEGE IN 2 WEEKS }, 2 SHIH TUZ PUPS
Description of your crafting space: I HAVE AN AREA SET UP IN A CORNER OF MY BEDROOM
Other crafts you enjoy: I ENJOY STAMPING, SCRAPBOOKING, WATCHING TV AND READING INSPIRATIONAL BOOKS AND AMISH BOOKS, I ALSO COUPON and cross stitch
I was diag with fibromyalgia and I am having to learn how to deal with it and still know that Jesus has a plan for me.
Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this group!!

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is... EITHER MASON JARS OR CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS OR ANY KIND OF CARDS
I have been away from stamping since I moved in November. my dd is about to leave for college so I have been getting my crafting area organized so I will have something to keep me busy after she leaves. I have made several scrapbooks for gifts and a few scrapbook pages for friends. I am leaving the theme for you to choice (its hard to choice) ...I really love mason jars...I missed getting the SU mason jar stamp bc I have been trying to use what I have and not purchase new items. I love the idea of the tags, cards, and storing my craft/home items in mason jars. AND I LOVE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS...I try to make a new one each year for my home, now my dd tree at her apartment, and gifts for my friends and family. So I would be happy with any kind of ornament idea (ornaments I have seen that I like are the bottle cap ornaments, spoon snowman ornaments, oh is there a way to make a mason jar ornament?? jw)
I like any kind of cards, card kits, anything that has to do with cards.
***A LIL ABOUT ME***
I AM very grateful for anything. I like pretty, crafty and simple. Please don't stress over me...lol...if you are having problems finding or coming up with something with these themes DO NOT STRESS!!! Send me a surprise theme bc again I have been away from stamping for a while.
my fav colors are black and red. love using glossy accents (the clear glue stuff that you can put over your coloring and it makes it simmer or have hard surface-SU has one too) I love ribbon of any kind. I use scotch double sided tape. I love ultra fine sharpies. I don't mind gently used items. I like CS/DSP from SU (bc that's all I have ever had)

Do you have ideas of what you would like your SS to make for your theme? whichever theme you choice--your favorite item that you like to make

Do you mind opened packages of items? NOT AT ALL

**any other questions please feel free to send a lil birdie to ask**

Last edited by mstallo1; 07-17-2014 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: posted survey
dcmluv2stamp likes this post.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:37 AM   #9
Watercolor Wizard

Survey Complete

I have read all the rules and by signing up for this swap agree to all. Yup!

My mailing preference is to the US only, CAN only, No Preference. US Only

First Name (or name you go by): Lynn

Birthdate: April 28

Anniversary: Sept 3

Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.: 2 Adult Sons, 4 Adult Stepchildren, too many grandchildren to count, 4 Furbabies

Description of your crafting space: I share a room with my husband (his "den" as he calls it - there's a TV and recliner) which makes crafting difficult. Unfortunately we don't have room for me to have a separate space so I craft only when my husband is out and about (and since he's retired that's not often).

Other crafts you enjoy: I enjoy watching YouTube videos and trying new (to me) paper crafting techniques. Other than paper crafting (scrap booking, card making, etc) I don't have any other hobbies. I used to garden but lost interest when we sold our home and moved into a mobile home (where the land lord owns the property). I like to read but haven't in quite a while....

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is...
On Golden Pond! My husband and I plan on taking some sort of trip this fall - either "up the North Shore" (of Lake Superior north of Duluth MN) or to Door County Wisconsin (I've requested my Tourist Guide). I absolutely love all of the colors of the trees as they change in the fall! I've selected the theme "On Golden Pond" alot because that's the type of place I'd love to stay in on vacation some day. I've inserted a picture of a home with just the kind of front porch I'd like to sit on. At any rate I guess if I get to go on that trip I'll have some scrap booking to do so things I've like to get are:

Any fall themed DP (not Halloween or Thanksgiving specific). I am a DP Snob. I'm not fussy about brand but I do prefer double sided and not flimsy.
Autumn colored embellishments (pearls, rhinestones, twine, ribbon, etc.)
Fall colored 12x12 cardstock
I'm a embossing folder junkie!
A Lattice Die (kind of like the porch railing)
Adhesives (Tombo Mono Refills, Tombo Liquid Glue, Glue dots are the types of adhesives I like)
A Leaf stamp set (any brand just not photopolymer - prefer unmounted red rubber if at all possible. I have problems getting nice stamped images with photopolymer)

Possible fun altered items would be a fall themed shadow box, wreath, or trinket container.

I love scented candles provided they aren't floral (fall fragrances welcome - things like pumpkin spice or apple cider). I have a severe weakness for chocolate. My favorite salty snack is puffcorn with popcorn coming in at a close second. I'm also addicted to gobstoppers.

I enjoy trying new paper crafting projects and watch YouTube videos for ideas. I listen to contemporary christian and contemporary country music. My favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury and James Patterson. I watch more reality television than I'd like to admit to (music contests, dancing shows, some family reality).
Attached Thumbnails
golden-pond-porch.jpg  

Last edited by muzbysmom; 08-07-2014 at 04:11 AM..
dcmluv2stamp, Joan7356 and stpinlight41 like this post.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #10
Hardware Hotshot

COMPLETED

My mailing preference is - NO PREFERENCE

First Name: Dea
Birthdate: 1964/02/02
Anniversary: 2009/11/29
Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.: 1 Son - 33, 3 Grand Children 12, 7 and 8 months
Description of your crafting space: 14 x 14 room with lots of cubes and drawers
Other crafts you enjoy: Mixed Media, cards, scrapbooking, stained glass, knitting, crocheting, and pottery

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is...All things related to the EAST COAST of NORTH AMERICA

We just got home from vacation where we traveled from Ottawa, ON to Toronto, Niagra Falls, New York, Vermont, New Hamshire, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, New Bruinswich, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and home again.

I need things like licence plates (all 50 states and the ten provinces - we played the licence plate game), titles for the states and provinces, attraction names, flowers and flags for the provinces and states, etc...Anything to decorate an album or if you are ambitious pages to add to the album. I will be making a 12 x 12 album.

Are you a card maker, scrapbooker, alterer, or mixed media artist? All Three
What level do you consider yourself in the paper crafting world? Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced - Advanced
Describe your personal style: All over the book
How long have you been paper crafting? 40 plus years
Any special project you currently are working on? Travel album

I would love to receive this particular DSP:
1. Heartfeld Creations - Balmy Breeze
2. Tim Holtz - Destinations
3. Graphic 45 - By the Sea 12 x 12 Collection

Size of paper preferred? (12 x 12, 8 ˝ x 11, 6 x 6) Any one
What brand of cardstock do you use? Bazil
Any particular color you are wanting/needing? White Linen
List any color of cardstock you DO NOT want: All other colours

Your favorite go-to colors? White and Royal hues

As a card maker/scrapbooker/alterer/mixed-media artist I would love to receive:
1. Pebbles 12 x 12 Paper Pack - Americana
2. Queen & Company Large Brad packs in Red, turquoise, pink, purple, red or yellow, - There is a 4 brads in a package, star, heart, flower & 1 other shape
3. Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Doily

I prefer stamps that are WM, clear, cling, bare rubber?
Three stamps/sets I would love to receive:
1. Tim Holtz Nautical Blueprint
2. Tim Holtz - mini blueprints #6 with the sea creatures
3. Sylvia Zett - Batty Boo, Holly, Berry or Rowan Fairy

I use a Big Shot, Cuttlebug, Cricut, Silhouette, etc:
Any items you would like to receive?

Tim Holtz dragonfly die
Memory Box - Prim Poppy
Memory Box - Glorious Gerber

I can’t get enough of the following items:
1.Tim Holtz Ink Refills, please ask for colours, I am always shopping for them as I run out often.
2. Coloured Sprays - all designers / all colours
3. Distress Inks mini kits I need #2, 3, 4, 5 or 6

List any items you DO NOT want:
Any bling that is not listed above, including flowers, brads, eyelets, etc.

Your favorite online paper crafting stores along with any item you wish for:
1. 12 x 12 white linen paper any brand

Are you willing to accept opened/partial packages of items? Yes

Favorite designer(s):
1.Tim Holtz
2. Graphic 45
3. Sylvia Zett
4. Julie Nutting

I have been looking and looking for this item and never find it:

Not all like to shop online. Please list 5-10 items that can be found at local stores like JoAnn’s, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby:
1. Tim Holtz ideology - Crinkle Ribbon
2. Ink a doodle stamp set - the one with the turtle
3. Memento Ink - Brown
4. Tim Holtz reinker refills - ask for colours
5. Tombow Mono Multi - green bottle
6. Queen and Company Twinkle Drops Clear and Dark Blue
7. Queen and Complany - Purple Stars or Purple Felt Flowers or Purple bubbles
8. Queen and Company - Teal and White Washi Tape Diagonal stripes
9. Queen and Company - Pink Felt Flowers
10. Queen and Company - gumdrops - Pink, Purple and yellow
11. Queen and Company Ice Accents - Pink, blue, green, red, purple or yellow

Other – Above and Beyond the Minimum
Allergies: Scents
Hobbies: paper crafts/mixed mediums
How do you pamper yourself: I take a relaxing bath with unscented epson salts
Any additional information you would like to share: Married to my best friend.
Share any other information for your Secret Sister: No kids at home.

Dea

My Blog: Express Yourself

Last edited by Stamperamma; 07-23-2014 at 05:03 AM..
Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

subbing
Joan7356 likes this post.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
Die Cut Diva

subbing
Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #13
Rubber Obsessor

Please sign me up for a spot!

"Listen to what you know, instead of what you fear." R.Bach
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
Mad Swapper

Please sign me up Joan! This sounds a bit interesting and will take a bit to think about! But in the end, I know I will enjoy doing this! Thank you!

Donna

SPLITCOAST FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
Gallery Gazer

Joan, one theme might be challenging, depending on what we get. Are we allowed to request a specific swapper if their theme "speaks" to us?
Tlc.2scotties likes this post.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #16
Mad Swapper

COMPLETED SURVEY

YES

My mailing preference is to the US only, CAN only, No Preference.
US ONLY, unless you need someone

First Name (or name you go by):
DONNA
Birthdate: APRIL 10, 1961
Anniversary: JULY 21, 2002
Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.: 3 DOGS, ZOE, KOHII, KUMA AND 1 CAT, SMALZ
Description of your crafting space: A VERY LARGE BEDROOM, FULL OF CRAFTING SUPPLIES THAT NEEDS TO BE ORGANIZED DESPERATELY!
Other crafts you enjoy: ZENTANGLE, CARD MAKING

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is...a "Serenity Prayer" framed piece/plaque, you know...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

I have been wanting to make one for myself to hang in my bathroom, so in the morning I will see it, and at night I will see it before I go to bed!

Now, the remainder of the survey is up to you. Describe your THEME in detail. What would you like to help start/complete your theme? Colors? Embellishments? Cardstock? DSP? Chipboard/Shapes? Stamping things needed? Stamping elements? Etc. Give links.

My bathroom colors are similar to SU's colors Lost Lagoon and Chocolate chip with some Wild Wasabi. Very simple and clean, the prayer can be printed off of the computer in a soothing font, big enough to read from a bit far. I would like to Zentangle the frame for the saying, so if I could get the following:

frame, like this:
http://i.c-b.co/is/image/Crate/FormatFrame5x7F11/$web_zoom$&/1308302308/format-5x7-frame.jpg
or this:
Room Essentials? Frame - Black 5x5 : Target
or this:
Love & Family 3-Opening Frame - Natural 5X7 : Target

micron pens, like this:

Amazon.com: Sakura 30062 6-Piece Pigma Micron Ink Pen Set, Black

That will make me happy! I'm going to let my ss decide on what she thinks works best and she can add whatever you think will work! I appreciate everything and anything, I am not a picky person.

Do you have ideas of what you would like your SS to make for your theme?

I would like my ss to make me a thankful journal. I want to start writing down things that I am thankful for and why. The journal can be any size, color, etc. I will let her decide on what she thinks works best as she can use her own creativity.

Do you mind opened packages of items? No, not all.

I HOPE THIS IS A SIMPLE AND EASY REQUEST! PLEASE DO NOT WORRY, I'M HAPPY WITH ANYTHING.

I'm mainly a cardmaker, just getting back into scrapbooking by doing the Project Life style. I love to Zentangle (zentangle.com), I recommend for anyone who is stress, has anxiety, etc, I have found a grounding for myself as I do this. I have way too much in craft supplies but I'm enjoying doing these swaps. I'm getting into mixed media with trying out altered journals and also trying out bookbinding.

Give lots of details so that you receive the best SS Themed package possible.

Donna

Last edited by dcmluv2stamp; 08-07-2014 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: COMPLETED SURVEY
Old 07-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #17
Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Joan, one theme might be challenging, depending on what we get. Are we allowed to request a specific swapper if their theme "speaks" to us?

I always try to honor requests for all sorts of reasons. You would need to PM me your request so as to keep it secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
dcmluv2stamp, cjcape521 and Tlc.2scotties like this post.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:21 AM   #18
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to cjcape521

Hi Joan, I'm in, but need to think about the theme. I'm going away for 1.5 weeks, so I'll try to get it done this evening!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #19
Mad Swapper

Complete

COPY and PASTE to your Survey Post the information in Bold Orange.

I have read all the rules and by signing up for this swap agree to all.Yes

My mailing preference is to the US only, CAN only, No Preference.US ONLY PLEASE

First Name (or name you go by):Melanie
Birthdate:Jan.11
Anniversary:Nov.8
Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.:3 kids 19,14,9 1 dog and 2 guinea pigs
Description of your crafting space:Tiny bright yellow room in rental house. Trying to make due by adding multicolored curtains to tie in with my black furniture and my lime green and purple storage.
Other crafts you enjoy:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, altering items. Getting into knitting with my youngest daughter lately.

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is... Dream Journal
I have been wanting to put together a Dream Journal for a long time but have yet to get started. I would like supplies to either create my own or my sis could make one herself. I love the color green but for this project I am thinking either Jewel tones or blues. I would also like quotes related to dreams or Dream Catcher style embellishments, feathers, beads etc. Four Feathers Bundle from Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalog, Dream Catcher stamp would be neat too. Maybe even a date stamp or something I can use to add the date to each entry.

I am also working on several other scrapbook pages at an upcoming retreat and would appreciate any of the following items to complete some of my layouts: 12x12 Cardstock SU or similar quality/colors, Tombo permanent refills or Mono glue, foam pop dots. I am looking for DSP/embellishments with a Circus Theme, HS graduation theme(royal blue/ goldenrod colors),Fall/leaves,Harry Potter,Rock Climbing,and Books I've read/Movies I've seen.

I am totally fine with partial packages as long as they do not smell of smoke.

I enjoy any coffee/ tea except for Green, any candies, and enjoy the Bath and Body Works scents Autumn Apple and Crisp Pear.

Clouds EF Darice-Embossing Folder 4.25"X5.75"-Clouds: Crafts : Walmart.com
Feathers EF Darice-Darice Embossing Folder Feathers at Joann.com
Indian Summer DSP-A Cherry on Top: The Best Online Scrapbooking Supplies Shoppe
Enchanted Garden DSP-Bo Bunny-Bo Bunny 12 x 12 in. Paper Collection Pack Enchanted Garden -- CreateForLess

Last edited by craftywitchAZ; 08-07-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-19-2014, 04:28 AM   #20
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to cjcape521

My mailing preference is to the US only.

Cheri (cjcape521):
Birthdate: 05/21
Children, (2) Grandchildren, (5) Fur Babies (2 cats)
Description of your crafting space: Non-existent
I focus primarily on card making.

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is...Animals
I love any kind of animal, so it could be Christmas doggies, Halloween kitties, Autumn squirrels. I have two large (18# apiece) tuxedo kitties.

I don't need any paper, ribbon or gems, just a few supplies.
Stickles: Platinum, Stardust, Dark Blue (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_9?...qid=1405869130)
Memento Ink refill (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...%3AMemento+ink)
Inky Antics (http://www.inkyantics.com/cgi-bin/stamps.cgi) Kitty Litter stamp..I tried this link, but it only brings you to Inky Antics, so if you type in Kitty Litter it comes up!
GC to Micheal's or Jo Anns or Oozak (http://www.oozak.com/products.php?cat=756)if they have one.
FrostyVille Die (http://www.oozak.com/products.php?cat=756)
I don't need anything else really, downsized to a 1 BDR/1 BTH apt. and space is limited!

Do you have ideas of what you would like your SS to make for your theme? A card. I am a card maker, not a scrapper or alterer (hmmm, is that even a word??)

Do you mind opened packages of items? Not at all

Last edited by cjcape521; 08-03-2014 at 05:06 AM..
dcmluv2stamp and Joan7356 like this post.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #21
Swap Moderator

This SS Swap doesn't seem very popular with many peeps

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
Old 07-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #22
Gallery Gazer

It's a tough one!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #23
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan7356 View Post
This SS Swap doesn't seem very popular with many peeps
It is a bit of a tough one, but, what the heck, it makes you come out of your comfort zone a bit! I think we just have to remember, this is for fun and pleasure, not to stress about it!

Donna

Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #24
Swap Moderator

Really? Tough? I was thinking when I drew it from the hat it would be very easy. You get to ask for what you want for any project you want and then your sister will post what she wants to complete here.

Maybe I should draw from the suggestions submitted again and see what happens.

Hmmmm.....what to do... what to do...

I just posted on the SS Swap that is winding down all the ideas I could remember that were submitted.
  • Name Your Theme Swap (current one posted)
  • Christmas in July
  • Recycle Swap
  • Wreath Swap (You would alter a wreath to pin the items to it)
  • Sunny Days Swap (Basically a color choice swap.... pick your sunny color)
  • Necessities Swap (adhesive, glue, buttons, etc. whatever you need and is a must)
  • 2-liter bottle swap (I just did this one on another site. You cut a door in a 2-liter bottle and put all you can in that bottle for your sister. Seal it up good and tight. Label it and mail it off. This would work for US only, but for Canadian friends perhaps something comparable in size like a small shoebox or fill the bottle and box it to mail off)
  • Repeat the one we did last year at this time - ABC's - you list an item you would like to go with every letter of the alphabet.

What do you think? Does something speak to you more than this one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆

Last edited by Joan7356; 07-19-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #25
Watercolor Wizard

Not every swap has a ton of sign ups so I wouldn't worry about it. Also it's early and the last swap isn't completed yet so some may join in later. I'm not so sure changing or cancelling this swap is the answer. Just my opinion.

I did a fill the bottle swap once and didn't really like it. I'm not so sure I'd like to pin things on a wreath.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #26
Gallery Gazer

What's tough for me in this one is that I have a few projects in mind, but have mostly purchased what I need for them. Have to give some thought to what I would pick.

On the sending end, some of the themes identified are fabulous!! But I don't know what I'd make! So, do I "select" something or take my chance?

Just takes some thinking.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #27
Mad Swapper

I think it may be a bit confusing for them too, I had to read it a couple of times to get it, but then again, i get into my fibro fog, so who knows, but anyways, you ask for the supplies of a project that you want to do, then your SS makes one for you also, right? I know that is just what you said Joan, sorry!

So in essence, you will have 2 things of the same project. One that you make and the one that your SS makes?

Donna

Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

I'm still debating. I've got a theme. That was the easy part
The making something is what my problem is and well with my hubby still I'll and not working, funds are tight.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #29
Mad Swapper

I totally get that! I had to wait 2 1/2 years to get my ss disability and they finally approved me in December 2013 when I had my hearing, but didn't get the actual letter of approval until April, then, they finally sent the funds in May! I thought I was going to be homeless!

Donna

Old 07-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #30
Insane Embellisher

subbing for now...
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 07-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #31
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Really? Tough? I was thinking when I drew it from the hat it would be very easy. You get to ask for what you want for any project you want and then your sister will post what she wants to complete here.

Maybe I should draw from the suggestions submitted again and see what happens.

Hmmmm.....what to do... what to do...

I just posted on the SS Swap that is winding down all the ideas I could remember that were submitted.
  • Name Your Theme Swap (current one posted)
  • Christmas in July
  • Recycle Swap
  • Wreath Swap (You would alter a wreath to pin the items to it)
  • Sunny Days Swap (Basically a color choice swap.... pick your sunny color)
  • Necessities Swap (adhesive, glue, buttons, etc. whatever you need and is a must)
  • 2-liter bottle swap (I just did this one on another site. You cut a door in a 2-liter bottle and put all you can in that bottle for your sister. Seal it up good and tight. Label it and mail it off. This would work for US only, but for Canadian friends perhaps something comparable in size like a small shoebox or fill the bottle and box it to mail off)
  • Repeat the one we did last year at this time - ABC's - you list an item you would like to go with every letter of the alphabet.

What do you think? Does something speak to you more than this one?
2 liter Bottle Swap sounds awesome...
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 07-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #32
Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
What's tough for me in this one is that I have a few projects in mind, but have mostly purchased what I need for them. Have to give some thought to what I would pick.

On the sending end, some of the themes identified are fabulous!! But I don't know what I'd make! So, do I "select" something or take my chance?

Just takes some thinking.
Heather...

Do you scrapbook your babies? If so....maybe something like When I Was Two, Preschool, Kindergarten, or something for their birthday pic and holiday picture each year....just some thoughts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
Old 07-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #33
Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmluv2stamp View Post
I think it may be a bit confusing for them too, I had to read it a couple of times to get it, but then again, i get into my fibro fog, so who knows, but anyways, you ask for the supplies of a project that you want to do, then your SS makes one for you also, right? I know that is just what you said Joan, sorry!

So in essence, you will have 2 things of the same project. One that you make and the one that your SS makes?
I am stealing this and adding it to post 1. Thanks Donna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #34
Watercolor Wizard

Joan I may be blind but I don't see that you've added anything to post 1. The way I read dcmluv2stamp's post if they say they want to make a altered vase (for example) I have to make them an altered vase of the same theme? I'm more confused now (which doesn't take much because I wasn't confused before - I thought I just had to make a hand made item of any kind that fits their theme).
Old 07-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #35
Swap Moderator

Sorry, I got distracted which is the norm for me.

There are two steps to this swap for each SS to complete for their assigned sister:

1. The $25 minimum paper crafting items to aid in them completing their theme.
2. Send a handmade item in the same theme they listed.

So, basically, it is like the last SS swap with the purchased items and a handmade item to be sent. The only difference this time is that each player gets to select their theme.

Does that help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆☆☆
2busyscrappin, mstallo1 and Tlc.2scotties like this post.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #36
Die Cut Diva

HA HAHAH.. I should read this first... Sorry joan you can ignore my pm
Old 07-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #37
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Sorry, I got distracted which is the norm for me.

There are two steps to this swap for each SS to complete for their assigned sister:

1. The $25 minimum paper crafting items to aid in them completing their theme.
2. Send a handmade item in the same theme they listed.

So, basically, it is like the last SS swap with the purchased items and a handmade item to be sent. The only difference this time is that each player gets to select their theme.

Does that help?
So same theme not same item - like if they wanted to make a vintage wreath I could chose to make a vintage shadow box or alter a candle or letter or journal (for example) to make it vintage?
Old 07-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #38
Mad Swapper

I understood the intent of the theme right away and think Joan you explained it well. I guess my problem comes down to narrowing down a theme. I am headed for a scrapbook retreat in October where I work on all sorts of different layouts so choosing one I'd like the most help with is tough. I say stick with this original idea but maybe we can relax a bit about how the handmade item is made. Everyone's interpretation of a theme might be different but that's what makes it fun. Now to decide which theme I'd like to see. So far the other ideas are lovely and unique.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
Rubber Obsessor

Default Sunday Night RAK

I've spent the better part of today cleaning, purging and reorganizing my craft room. I've been holding on to lots of things that I just don't use, not my style anymore, etc. I've attached a picture with 3 stamps sets and one Magnolia stamp (I'm hooked on the papercraft magazines from the UK and they always have a freebie with them....)

If you'd like these stamps, send me a PM. First PM gets them, US only please!

Happy Sunday!

Cherie
Attached Thumbnails
rak.jpg  

dcmluv2stamp, mstallo1 and JadeOnline like this post.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #40
Rubber Obsessor

My mailing preference is to the US only.

First Name (or name you go by): Cherie
Birthdate: 8/7
Children, Grandchildren, Fur Babies, etc.: Two teens, 3 beautiful rescue doggies
Description of your crafting space: small-ish, organized
Other crafts you enjoy: Gelli plate

Dear Secret Sister,

My theme is...more to come!

Closed Thread