SBC's (SCRAPBOOK CHALLENGES) INFORMATION THREAD
SBC's Info: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW to PARTICIPATE & then some! ;)
You may use sketches or any of the challenges for your own purposes...but please if you use one for your personal blog do the right thing and give credit as to where you found it or who created it, (please) do not pass it off as your own creation! :wink:
For anyone who would like to do a past challenge, feel free to do so, it's never too late to do a challenge and link it to that week's thread or upload using that week's challenge code.
Do I have to use the sketch as is?
We would like to see the key elements of the sketch on your page.You do not have to fill in ALL the empty spaces with photos, you can stamp, embellish or use your imagination and fill in the blanks! USE THE SKETCH provided as a starting point and if you end up in a totally different direction than the original sketch...that's OK, just say so in your gallery posting!
Are there any set measurements?
No, not for scrapbooking. We may provide you with either an 8.5x11 or a 12x12 sketch or page as inspiration but please feel free to adjust the page to fit your needs. If you need help adjusting a sketch from one size to another just ask.
How do I share my creation?
Please DO NOT post a link to a blog. You can upload a page into your SCS Gallery and include a "more info" link to your blog there, but please include some of the details in your gallery post. This allows others to see your example when searching specific criteria (ie. buttons).
If you have further questions concerning the challenges please post in the challenge thread or pm the hostess directly. Someone is always available to answer any of your questions concerning the challenges. Thank you!
If you haven't uploaded to the Splitcoast Gallery before, it's really not too difficult.
NEW PLAYERS: if you're unable to place a link for your page to the challenge - go to the gallery or forums and comment until you have 15 posts. This is done to reduce spam.
Follow these instructions!
If it's easier for you - open two windows one to the challenge and one to your page.
To open a second window, hold down on your shift key as you click on the link. This also works if you right click on the link (such as gallery) and click on Open in New Window.
1. Bring your scrapbook page (SBP) to full view
2. Click on the http: address at the top of your screen and it will will be highlighted, right click and then click on cut
3. Go to the challenge thread, click on reply and type out what you'd like to say
4. Right click and click on paste and the link address will appear
5. Click on Preview Post, test your links to make sure the right pages are linked
6. Click on Submit Reply and you're done
-You can only cut and paste one SBP at a time.
-You can link as many SBP's for the challenge in one reply as you need.
LINKING WITHIN WORDS - (example – Here’s my page)
You must be in your User Control Panel where you view Private Messages.
1. Click on Edit Options to the left of the message box.
2. Down at the very bottom you will see Miscellaneous Options, in the white bar with the down arrow set to Standard Editor – extra formatting controls.
3. Click on Save Changes.
Now go back to your posting a message/reply page
After typing in what you want to say in your post follow these steps:
1. Write in your post Here's my layout, page (or whatever you wish).
2. Highlight the words with your mouse.
3. Click on the dark blue icon http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...createlink.gif (see this icon above) in the grey section above the box you type your message in. If you hold your mouse on (at the top of the page not on the example icon provided here) it it'll say 'Insert Link'. A box will pop up on your screen.
4. Right click and paste the address from the scrapbook page where you see the blue highlighted http. If the http:// isn't highlighted make sure you highlite it first then drop your address over it. Double check to make sure you don't have two http:// or the link will not take.
5. Click okay and you’re done linking.
6. Click on Preview Message and test your links by clicking on them.
7. Click on Submit Reply and you’re done.
ADDITIONAL GALLERY TIPS
Follow these links for help. If your page gets kicked out of the gallery Jenn can help solve the problem.
EDITING: This can be done to fix keywords, add or change information on your page or replace a not so good photo with a better one.
TO MAKE A TYPED EDIT for your scrapbook page's description you will:[/SIZE][/SIZE]
*Bring your scrapbook page to full view and click on the edit photo button located in the lower right corner of the description box.
*Click in the box/line you wish to change and make the edit.
*Scroll down to the bottom and click on submit.
CHANGE A PHOTO: Bring your image to full view and click on the edit photo button located in the lower right corner of the description box. There is no need to delete anything.
Click on the browse button and retrieve the new photo just like you normally do when uploading to your gallery.
Scroll down, click submit and you’re done.
When you edit this way, you WILL NOT loose comments on your submission (pages or cards).
If you are not a fan club member your image will go through upload approval but will not go through daily uploads again.
If you are a paid member it will take time for the changes to appear, the system has a schedule of updates so I can't tell you how long it will take.
Suggestion: after you upload for a challenge, click on the keywords (example – SBSC100) and see if it comes up in the correct gallery. If you see pages that don’t match the challenge request…then check those keywords and see if you need to edit.
GALLERY - FASTER VIEWING
If you hold down the keyboard shift key while you click on the photo thumbnail, it will come up in a separate page or you right click then click on OPEN IN NEW WINDOW in the pop up box.
You can make a comment if you like and let it take it's time submitting. Click on the first page again and continue viewing while that comment submits. HAPPY VIEWING!
To bring up all the scrapbook pages for a challenge just type the keywords into the gallery search box. IE: SBSC100
For a list of all the sketch challenges with links and images CLICK HERE!
For a printable document of SCS Sketch Challenges CLICK HERE!
For a list of all the Variety Challenges including links CLICK HERE!
For a list of all the prior Theme Challenges including links CLICK HERE! Coming soon
For a printable document of SCS Theme Challenges CLICK HERE!
SBD, IFC, & SIC
For a list of all the Inspiration Challenges including links CLICK HERE!
For a list of Digital Challenges including links CLICK HERE!
For a printable document with last week's challenges, The One Page Doc, CLICK HERE!
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:26 AM.|