Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scrapbook Pages (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-pages-f108/)
-   -   Secret Sister SBPS#31 - COMPLETE (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-pages-f108/secret-sister-sbps-31-complete-t561864.html)

Luv2Smile 09-30-2012 03:13 PM

Secret Sister SBPS#31 - COMPLETE

SBPS is a unique and fun swap. This swap series started back in 2005 and has continued thru the years. It first started out by exchanging film processed photos before transitioning to digi photos via email. Now we've added Digi Scrapping Pages as an option. Everyone sends the hostess photos relating to the theme posted. The hostess assigns a Secret Big Sister who will scrap your photos and send the completed 12x12 page(s) directly to you. At the same time, you will be receiving photos to scrap and send the completed page(s) to your Lil Sis

Dates in a Nutshell:
Pics Emailed To Hostess - Nov 3 - :-) - Recd all on time
Pics Sent From Hostess - Nov 5 - :oops: - All sent out 11/7
DC# Due to Hostess By – Jan 8 - :oops: - Last one in 1/22
Pages to Lil Sister By – Jan 14 - :oops: - Last one in 1/22

Please read all instructions posted before signing up. Ask if have any questions.

*(To Help Clarify Status of Photos, Pages, & Mailing Information Below)*
HRP - Hostess Recd Pics from Lil Sisters
HSP - Hostess Sent Pics to Secret Sisters
SSRP - Secret Sisters Recd Pics
SSSP - Secret Sister Sent Pages
DC - Delivery Confirmation Number recd from Secret Sis to Hostess
PR - Pages Recd from Secret Sis

Misc Icons Represent:
:D - Completed All Steps AND Lil Sister Recd Pages
:shock: - Pages Resent due to Postal Error Confirmed by Hostess with Original DC#
:arrow: - Pages Late - Will Not Be Flaked as of Jan 16 as maintained commo w/Hostess

SBPS Secret Sisters

SLO (Single Page LayOut – 12x12)
:D Luv2smile: HRP HSP SSRPSSSP DC PR
:D paperdoll15: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D CandyHaz: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D nhagen: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D morgainegeiser: HRP HSP SSSP DC PR
:D PMR: HRP HSP SSRPSSSP DC PR
:arrow: :D Kerry3k: HRP HSP SSRP]SSSP DC PR
:arrow: :D amanjord: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP X PR
:D rhoshoun: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR

DLO (Double Page LayOut – 12x12)
:D Luv2Smile: HRP HSP SSRPSSSP DC PR
:D paperdoll15: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D CandyHaz: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D nhagen: HPR HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:shock: PMR: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D morgainegeiser:HPR HSP SSSP DC PR
:D doorknocker3: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:D wgldsc: HPR HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:arrow: :D Kerry3k:HRP HSP SSRP SSSP DC PR
:arrow: :D amanjord: HPR HSP SSRP SSSP X PR

DIGI SLO PAGES ( 12x12 Single LayOut)
:D Luv2Smile: HPR HSP SSRP SSSP DC
:arrow: :D Kerry3k: HRP HSP SSRP SSSP NA PR
:arrow: Amanjord: HRP HSP SSRP NA PR

Theme Challenge - Our theme this round is FALL BACK in TIME.
You have two theme options for this round.
Option #1 Select photos related to the Fall Season which you will still have time to send this year’s Harvest or Halloween pics in to hostess.
Option #2 Select old photos that you have not have TIME to scrap yet.

Sketch Challenge – To help you get inspired when trying to decide how to scrap the photos; browse thru the wonderfully creative Digi Gallery here at SplitCoastStampers. Let us know which one you used for this round. Digi Scrapbooking A friendly reminder that sketches are meant to be used as inspiration and you don’t have to follow the sketch 100%.

Digi Challenge – Our NEW addition to SBPS for those who are Digi Scrappers or would like to Digi Scrap. The same rules apply for you except that when completing the pages you have the option to send them already printed or via email to your Lil Sis.

Photo Instructions: Send pics via email to Hostess by November 3.
SLO – Send one to three photos.
DLO – Send six to ten photos.
It will be up to your big sis to determine what pictures she wants to scrap, crop, trim and alter. If you do not like your photos resized or trimmed, please be sure to note that when you send your photos along with any other specific instructions. It is recommended to include a good description of what the photos are about to help your SS do a better job of tailoring your pages to your personality. You must also include your SCS Name, Real Name and Address when emailing pics to Hostess.

Page Instructions: Please use quality papers, embellishments, and photo processing. Use materials and techniques that you would be proud to display in your own scrapbook. Post pictures of your completed pages in your SCS gallery when you are finished, include Keyword SBPS#31

Postal Instructions: Package the pages carefully, including cardboard to prevent bending of the pages. It is highly recommended to place pages in waterproof bag if mailing envelope is not lined, just in case inclement weather soaks the outside of the package. Delivery Confirmation # must be used when mailing.

Delivery Confirmation: Request DC# service at postal office when mailing pages. This is important because allows hostess to track pages should concern arise of missing pages.

Canada Instructions: Canadian residents are welcome to participate. If you are sending pages to or from Canada, they must be POSTAL by January 7th-ish to allow extra time for transit. Remember when shipping to Canada, they do not have mail service on Saturdays.

Late Pages: Please keep in mind you are working with someone's photographs and that priority should be given to completing these pages on time and with your best efforts at scrapbooking. Pages that are late without prior communication and permission from the host will result in sitting out 2 round of SBPS. You must let the host know in advance of the date to mail out that your pages might be late due to unforeseen circumstances.

Flakers are not welcome in this swap

CandyHaz 09-30-2012 03:22 PM

I'm in for both groups this time around.

Luv2Smile 10-01-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyHaz (Post 19719807)
I'm in for both groups this time around.

:) Awesome! Have you down for both sets - I am so surprised its Oct already! Where is the time going for this year?

nhagen 10-01-2012 02:32 PM

Thinking.......

Define old pictures? Most my old pictures that I haven't had time to scrap yet, I have them printed out already or digital camera didn't exist yet.

Luv2Smile 10-02-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 19722389)
Thinking.......

Define old pictures? Most my old pictures that I haven't had time to scrap yet, I have them printed out already or digital camera didn't exist yet.

Yes it can be either, of course if they are photos before digital camera than they would need to be scanned when sending in to hostess.

Luv2Smile 10-02-2012 03:03 AM

Adding Digi & Input about Due Dates

I am adding another part to this round for Digi Scrappers - See post #1

Also would like input about adjusting Due Dates for pages AFTER the New Year, maybe Jan 14 since we are running into Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day

nhagen 10-02-2012 03:59 AM

Sign me up for one of each. I'll figure out pictures by the due date!

January is fine with me. That might work better for every one. The months are shorter in terms of scrap time with so many holidays.

Did you send out a pm to every one that the new round was open?

CandyHaz 10-02-2012 04:08 AM

I think January 14th makes more sense ... less mail in the system, so less chance the PO will bend our creations :)

Luv2Smile 10-03-2012 09:34 AM

NHagen - Yes I do agree and I will send out a pm - good idea

CandyHazy - january 14th it is & i will update the post 1

Darleneh710 10-03-2012 03:18 PM

Thank you for the PM!

I would like to sign up for the SLO/ Fall back in time ... Question about the Double layout...is there a theme for the pics or is it just sketch related?

Thanks!

Ok I think I am confused. I guess what my question really is, is this: Do we pick if we want to do SLO or DLO first and then choose if we want to do the theme challenge or the sketch challenge? I am very confused and this is not my first time here LOL

I would prefer to do the Double Layout over the Single Layout if the theme is the fall back in time...if someone could please explain to me as I feel like I am going crazy..thanks a bunch and sorry for being a pain :)

nhagen 10-03-2012 04:32 PM

Hi Dorlene!

I think they are both the same theme. You can choose to do an Autumn page or old pictures (Fall Back in Time...play on words). You can do either SLO or DLO using that theme or sign up for both.

Then if you want to use a sketch, I think she was suggesting you peruse the SCS sketches.

Does that make sense?

Darleneh710 10-03-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 19727698)
Hi Dorlene!

I think they are both the same theme. You can choose to do an Autumn page or old pictures (Fall Back in Time...play on words). You can do either SLO or DLO using that theme or sign up for both.

Then if you want to use a sketch, I think she was suggesting you peruse the SCS sketches.

Does that make sense?

Yes! That makes total sense!! Thanks so much for assisting me...feeling silly now LOL..thanks again. I appreciate it. :p

Darleneh710 10-03-2012 09:08 PM

Hi Pattie, I would like a spot in the DLO...now that I am on the same page as everyone else LOL...

One question can we request to not send to Canada? Just wondering...thanks!

Luv2Smile 10-04-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darleneh710 (Post 19728269)
Hi Pattie, I would like a spot in the DLO...now that I am on the same page as everyone else LOL...

One question can we request to not send to Canada? Just wondering...thanks!

Questions are very welcome

I will put your name on the DLO and yes your request r/t Canada will be honored.

Sketch for this round is an option to use as inspirational springboard when doing paper layout and perhaps spark an interest to the land of playing digi for those who have not yet done so.

morgainegeiser 10-04-2012 07:21 AM

Sign me up for the single page and the regular double page (not digis). Thanks

Luv2Smile 10-04-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgainegeiser (Post 19728922)
Sign me up for the single page and the regular double page (not digis). Thanks

Hi Roxie! Will do :D

Darleneh710 10-04-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Smile (Post 19728541)
Questions are very welcome

I will put your name on the DLO and yes your request r/t Canada will be honored.

Sketch for this round is an option to use as inspirational springboard when doing paper layout and perhaps spark an interest to the land of playing digi for those who have not yet done so.

Thank you Pattie! :)

Luv2Smile 10-05-2012 02:20 PM

You are very welcome Darlene

nhagen 10-05-2012 04:07 PM

What happened to all our usual suspects?

doorknocker3 10-06-2012 09:43 PM

Hey Pattie, sign me up for the double page layout please.

This swap is becoming my favorite!

Dorlene

PMR 10-07-2012 07:24 AM

I will take a spot in double and single pages please

Luv2Smile 10-08-2012 09:04 AM

Dorlene & Pia - Yay so glad you both are joining us!

Nancy - LOL

Darleneh710 10-08-2012 09:36 AM

Pattie, I am sorry but I need to drop this swap before it starts. My printer isn't working at the moment and don't have a lot of time. I will try for next month. Thanks!

Luv2Smile 10-08-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darleneh710 (Post 19737797)
Pattie, I am sorry but I need to drop this swap before it starts. My printer isn't working at the moment and don't have a lot of time. I will try for next month. Thanks!

I understand but please continue to stay here and chat with us. If you change your mind to resign up just let me know..I am sure you might as this is a fun and great group :D

Darleneh710 10-08-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Smile (Post 19738356)
I understand but please continue to stay here and chat with us. If you change your mind to resign up just let me know..I am sure you might as this is a fun and great group :D

Thank you, Pattie. I will continue to stay and chat will all of you. I do hope I change my mind:)

However, tonight I dislocated my knee and had to have the ambulance come to the house..thankfully my knee popped back in before they had to take me to the hospital..but the pain that I was in was horrible...I've had this happen before, but not for many yrs. My knee is still sore and will be, but hoping it doesn't happen again :)

wgldsc 10-08-2012 06:08 PM

Please sign me up for double page lo

Luv2Smile 10-09-2012 05:27 AM

Darlene - Owww Oww Oww! That is horrible pain to have happen to your knee, were you doing anything different than usual?

wgldsc - WELCOME! We are so glad you found us gals over here in the swap thread.

Kerry3k 10-09-2012 12:58 PM

Pattie,
Please sign me up for both the SLO and DLO....I have been playing with digi so you can add me to that list as well...Might as well have reason to do more than "play" with digi
Kerry

Kerry3k 10-09-2012 12:58 PM

Pattie,
Please sign me up for both the SLO and DLO....I have been playing with digi so you can add me to that list as well...Might as well have reason to do more than "play" with digi
Kerry

Sorry about the double message the computer is acting weird right now...taking forever to load pages on SCS

amanjord 10-10-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 19722389)
Thinking.......

in the past few rounds we allowed people to do regular mail for pictures already printed....is this an option if we include stamps and envelopes??

amanjord 10-10-2012 09:15 AM

put me in the single and double please.

I would love a little more explanation on how the digi works? I might be interested in this.

Luv2Smile 10-11-2012 08:24 AM

Kerry3K - hooray have your name down for all three slots. I have been playing with the digi and been encouraged by the ladies in the Progressive Challenges. It really does make a person learn while playing

amanjord - Yipee your name is in for both the SLO & DLO. Since this is the first time including digi, it will follow the same rules as paper. The only change is how the Big Sister decides to send the completed page. For now we will leave it open as her option to either email it as a .jpg or she can have it printed in hard copy and send to Lil sis. We may run into some glitches and bumps along the road but that will help us decide to keep in this SBPS or create new thread.

amanjord 10-11-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Smile (Post 19744651)
Kerry3K - hooray have your name down for all three slots. I have been playing with the digi and been encouraged by the ladies in the Progressive Challenges. It really does make a person learn while playing

amanjord - Yipee your name is in for both the SLO & DLO. Since this is the first time including digi, it will follow the same rules as paper. The only change is how the Big Sister decides to send the completed page. For now we will leave it open as her option to either email it as a .jpg or she can have it printed in hard copy and send to Lil sis. We may run into some glitches and bumps along the road but that will help us decide to keep in this SBPS or create new thread.

I am so on the fence with the digi one to be honest. This is something I really want to get into but am nervous about. I am going to think on this one for about a week and let you know.

Luv2Smile 10-11-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanjord (Post 19742388)
in the past few rounds we allowed people to do regular mail for pictures already printed....is this an option if we include stamps and envelopes??

I almost forgot to answer this question for you, sorry about that. I can definetly do this upon request. The photos must arrive to hostess before or on the DUE DATE so I can get the photos out in a timely manner.

doorknocker3 10-12-2012 06:55 AM

I'm so excited. My sister just told me that she has lots of old diskettes (yes, I said diskettes LOL) of photos of my kids from years ago. She was going to toss them and then decided to ask me if I wanted them first. Heck yeah I want them! I borrowed a diskette reader from work and will going through these this weekend. Great timing considering the theme this round!

Luv2Smile 10-12-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorknocker3 (Post 19747196)
I'm so excited. My sister just told me that she has lots of old diskettes (yes, I said diskettes LOL) of photos of my kids from years ago. She was going to toss them and then decided to ask me if I wanted them first. Heck yeah I want them! I borrowed a diskette reader from work and will going through these this weekend. Great timing considering the theme this round!

That is so awesome!! Even moreso amazing that you have a diskette reader! Defintely great timing I agree so too

Luv2Smile 10-13-2012 07:39 PM

Taking alot of pics so will have many to chose from for this swap; how's everyone doing?

amanjord 10-13-2012 08:58 PM

What digital programs do you all use

Luv2Smile 10-15-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanjord (Post 19751353)
What digital programs do you all use

I use the MDS from SU! because it is a company I have been using since started making cards and scrapbooking before digi. I attend a monthly sb with ladies who use Creative Memories, than get alot of more infor from SCS threads who use photoshop which I haven't got the knack down yet.

Luv2Smile 10-15-2012 05:17 PM

Pics Recd Today from...

:DAMANJORD (Sheri):D