Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scrapbook Pages (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-pages-f108/)
-   -   **COMPLETED** Scrap Book Photo Swap #29 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-pages-f108/%2A%2Acompleted%2A%2A-scrap-book-photo-swap-29-a-t554432.html)

nhagen 05-20-2012 08:01 PM

**COMPLETED** Scrap Book Photo Swap #29

Scrap Book Photo Swap #29

SBPS is a unique swap which has been going on for about 8 years here at SCS. You send the hostess your photos relating to the theme posted. The hostess assigns a Secret Big Sister who will scrap a double or single page 12x12 layout with your photos, epending on what category you sign up for. You will be assigned a Little Secret Sister and scrap her a double and/or single page 12x12 layout using her photos.

SINGLE AND DOUBLE PAGE LAYOUTS THIS ROUND

Our theme this round for the double page layout is a Sketch Challenge
Our theme this round for the single page layout is: What A Bunch Of Characters

Sketch Challenge – I hope this is self explanatory! Here are three sketches from the Got Sketch? blog. Choose one sketch and post (after you get your pictures) which sketch you are going to use without telling us who your secret sister is of course!

Remember these are sketches and are meant to be used as inspiration and you don’t have to follow the sketch 100%.

Got Sketch?: SKETCH 40

Got Sketch?: SKETCH 52 (2-pager)

Got Sketch?: SKETCH 30

What a Bunch of Characters… - So think of pictures where the subject of the photo is doing something goofy, silly, funny or with a character (theme park character etc). Make sense?

Please read all instructions.

Participation Requirements: Please send AT LEAST 6 photos, but NOT MORE than 12 photos for the double page layout. Please send at least 1 photo but not more then 3 for the single page layout. It will be up to your big sis to determine what pictures she wants to scrap. Please understand, if you send many photos, your SS has permission to TRIM photos to get the photos reasonably on the pages. If you do not like your photos resized or trimmed, please be sure to note that when you send your photos.

Two spots allowed per category this round! Only sign up for two spots in a category if you can complete the pages on time.

PLEASE use high quality papers, embellishments, and photo processing. These pages go into people's scrapbooks and you need to use materials and techniques that you would be proud to display in your own scrapbooks. If you need samples or ideas, I recommend going to the gallery and searching for SBPS for previous pages.

Please include a good description of what the photos are about and include any specific instructions you would like considered.

Providing background information for the photos helps your SS do a better job of tailoring your pages to your personality! Don't forget to include your name and address so your secret sis knows who completed your pages.

Be sure to post pictures of your pages in your gallery when you are finished. Be sure to name them SBPS#29, so that we can find them!

Please email your photos to craftyscrapper@comcast.net before June 1st. I will have photos sent to everyone on June 2nd. If I receive all the pictures sooner, I will get them to you sooner (hint, hint).

Scrapped pages must be RECEIVED by your Secret Sister by July 16, 2012. Delivery confirmation must be to my email by July 9, 2012. Canadian residents are welcome to participate. If you are sending pages to or from Canada, they must be POSTAL with email to host by July 2nd to allow extra time for transit. Remember when shipping to Canada, they do not have mail service on Saturdays. Remember to package the pages carefully, including cardboard to prevent bending of the pages.

Late pages that have failed to provide delivery confirmation or confirmation of items being postal will result in the participant sitting out TWO rounds of SBPS. Please keep in mind you are working with someone's photographs and that priority should be given to completing these pages on time and with your best efforts at scrapbooking. Pages that are late without prior communication and permission from the host will result in sitting out 2 ROUNDS. This will NOT be waived without communication with the host. You must let the host know in advance of the date to mail out that your pages might be late due to unforseen circumstances.

Please be aware that the date to mail out is the date to mail out, not to start working on your pages!

Flakers are not welcome in this swap.

SBPS Gallery

Dates in a Nutshell:
Pictures due to hostess June 1st
Pages due to little sister July 16th
DC# DUE July 9th and July 2nd for our Canada participants

Sketch Challenge - Double Page LO:

1. nhagen * Pix Received * Postal * pages received from simplechef
2. PMR * Pix Received * postal * pages received from amanjord
3. SizzixQueen * Pix Received * pages received from Luv2Smile
4. Kerry3k * Pix Received * postal * pages received from CandyHaz
5. morgainegeiser * Pix Received * postal * pages received from PMR
6. CandyHaz * Pix Received * postal * pages received from SizzixQueen
7. Luv2Smile * pix received * postal * pages received from morgainegeiser
8. simplechef * pix received * postal *pages received from Kerry3k
9. amanjord * pix received * postal* pages received from doorknocker3
10. doorknocker3 * pix received * postal * pages received from nhagen

What A Bunch Of Characters - Single Page LO:

1. nhagen * Pix Received * postal * pages received from PMR
2. PMR * Pix Received * postal * pages received from Kerry3k
3. Kerry3k * Pix Received * postal * pages received from simplechef
4. morgainegeiser * Pix Received * postal * page received from Luv2Smile
5. Luv2Smile * pix received * postal * page received from nhagen
6. simplechef * pix received * postal * pages received from morgainegeiser
7. CandyHaz * Pix Received * postal * pages received from amanjord
8. amanjord * pix received * postal * pages received from CandyHaz

PMR 05-21-2012 06:04 AM

1 spot in each please.

SizzixQueen 05-21-2012 07:52 AM

Sign me up for the double page layout please!

nhagen 05-21-2012 10:14 AM

I got you both down!!

PMR 05-21-2012 03:09 PM

Thanks

Kerry3k 05-21-2012 05:04 PM

Sign me up please 1 spot each.

Kerry3k 05-21-2012 05:06 PM

Nancy,
There are 2 typos:
just above (mention SBPS#28)) and just below (May 7) the email paragraph...

nhagen 05-21-2012 05:31 PM

I got you down Kerry.

Thanks! I had a feeling I made a few this time. It was late!

SizzixQueen 05-22-2012 04:18 AM

The pictures for the sketch challenge can be any theme right?

nhagen 05-22-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizzixQueen (Post 19445044)
The pictures for the sketch challenge can be any theme right?

Yep, any theme you choose.

Your secret sister gets to choose which sketch to use though.

morgainegeiser 05-22-2012 09:53 AM

O.k., a spot in each. Oh, goody I love to use sketches!

nhagen 05-22-2012 10:08 AM

I put you down Roxie.

I thought the sketch would be a good change and we can use any pictures we want!

nhagen 05-26-2012 04:13 PM

Come join us!!

SizzixQueen 05-27-2012 03:50 PM

Hope everyone has a nice holiday! Were heading to a bbq - so excited since my cousin is 7 months pregnant and its our families first baby since my 8 yr old was born!!

Picture op ya know :)

PMR 05-27-2012 04:10 PM

It might have helped to subscribe to the thread?!

nhagen 05-27-2012 07:13 PM

Silly Pia!

Have fun at your BBQ and don't forget your camera, Danielle!

nhagen 05-29-2012 10:47 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Come join us for some scrappy fun!

CandyHaz 05-30-2012 04:18 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm wondering how much the postage is to mail 12X12 pages?

nhagen 05-30-2012 04:48 AM

Hi!

It depends if you mail it first class or priority mail. If it is mailed out on time regular first class with delivery confirmation (DC runs 80 cents extra) is around $3-5 for a two-page LO. That is with a padded envelope and a sheet of card board inside to keep the mail carrier from bending it. Since it can't be bent the PO charges for a package and not a large envelope.

CandyHaz 05-30-2012 05:22 AM

That's not too bad, I would like to sign up for the 2 page LO.
This is my first swap on this board, but I've been swapping on the Cricut Message board for a couple of years (around 150 swaps, I'm a bit addicted) and have hosted a few too.
I'm a Canadian but have a US post office box, so I can supply either address.

nhagen 05-30-2012 06:13 AM

I put your down!

You will love this swap. You get to make something for someone and get a completed page to put in an album.

CandyHaz 05-30-2012 06:19 PM

Thanks, but can you put me in the double page layout instead of single ...

nhagen 05-30-2012 06:35 PM

Thanks for catching that. I would have noticed it eventually!

nhagen 05-30-2012 06:43 PM

Candy, I received your two emails with 8 photos total.

:)

Can you email me with your mailing address to include with the pictures when I forward them to your secret sister?

Is it easier for you (to pick up and and deal with customs) to use your US PO Box? I know someone who lives in Canada and it could take over 2 weeks for her to receive things.

PMR 05-31-2012 03:46 AM

Nancy,
I have been looking through pictures, I will send some your way!

nhagen 05-31-2012 04:45 AM

OK Pia!

Luv2Smile 05-31-2012 09:02 AM

I'M BACK!!!! It's been 2 years since on SBPS and I wasn't abducted by aliens just a fast forward moving life!

Please sign me up for one slot each and my I email my photos to make the deadline? If not I will enjoy posting wonderful compliments and want until the next round!

Hugs to all the new faces and Double Hugs to you 'ole' SBPS crew!

nhagen 05-31-2012 09:09 AM

I will put you down!

We've been keeping the SBPS going!!

Luv2Smile 05-31-2012 09:35 AM

Just emailed you the photos, let me know if you have received them okay or if I need to make adjustments. I am so happy you ladies have been keeping this swap going, its my all time favorite.

nhagen 05-31-2012 09:54 AM

I received both emails Pattie.

It's my favorite swap too!!

simplechef 05-31-2012 05:50 PM

Hello.. I'd like a page in both. I know it's been a year since I participated, but I would like back in. I will have photos in by tomorrow night. Thanks for letting me play again!

morgainegeiser 05-31-2012 06:58 PM

I have sent my pictures over for both the one and two page layout, in separate e-mails. Let me know if you got them o.k.

nhagen 05-31-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplechef (Post 19463751)
Hello.. I'd like a page in both. I know it's been a year since I participated, but I would like back in. I will have photos in by tomorrow night. Thanks for letting me play again!

Yippie Skippie!

Gald to see you back. I will get you added.

nhagen 05-31-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgainegeiser (Post 19463911)
I have sent my pictures over for both the one and two page layout, in separate e-mails. Let me know if you got them o.k.

Roxie, I received both sets of pictures.

Thanks!

PMR 06-01-2012 02:54 AM

Nancy,
Sorry--I just emailed the pictures

nhagen 06-01-2012 05:14 AM

No problem Pia!

I received both sets of pictures. :)

SizzixQueen 06-01-2012 07:07 AM

How do I email you an album of photos from walgreens?

nhagen 06-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizzixQueen (Post 19464725)
How do I email you an album of photos from walgreens?

Does Walgreens have a "share" feature?

I know walmart and shutterfly do and you put in the email address of who you want to share the pix with.

nhagen 06-01-2012 08:52 AM

I did receive an email with pictures from you.

PMR 06-01-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 19464455)
No problem Pia!

I received both sets of pictures. :)

great!!