Pick a Theme Swap
Due April 27, 2013
So are you wondering what this is all about?
Well, here goes my idea.
I've seen "pick a theme" swaps before. I want this to be like those.
**Do you have some pictures to scrap but are stuck as to what to put with them on your page? I have some that I have no clue what to do with. Maybe another scrapper could help me figure it out.
Let's say you have pictures from your daughter's piano recital (like I do) and you need accents for the pages you will be making......or you want borders for the pages. If there is a particular color you would like included you can list that too.
What you will do for this swap is take a spot and tell what you need. You will be put in a group of 4 swappers. You will make accents or borders for the other 3 people in your group for what they are needing. They in turn will do the same thing for the people in the group.
You will not make a +1 set for this swap.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about
"I would like a spot for Piano Recital in black and white (borders)"
"I would like a spot for Soccer in black and white (accents)"
"I would like a spot for Mickey Mouse in traditional colors (borders)"
"I would like a spot for flowers in pink and purple (borders)"
1. Melina - Piano Recital, black and white (borders)
2. Sally - Soccer, black and white (accents)
3. Sue - Mickey Mouse, traditional colors (borders)
4. Becky - Flowers, pink and purple (borders)
So, I would make Soccer accents for Sally, Mickey Mouse borders for Sue and Flower borders for Becky. I in turn would receive 3 sets of Piano borders from Sally, Sue and Becky.
Now you may be thinking, "Oh I will get 3 sets of the same thing". Well, I have lots and lots of piano recital pictures!
Remember they will be from 3 different swappers so they will be different.
It's really not difficult to make 2 pages up of a few pictures. But, when you have 20 pictures or more of the same event/vacation, don't you tend to get stuck and wonder what to do with page 6?
*I thought this swap could be good if you were doing multiple "through the year" albums or ABC albums. You could ask for "A" accents and have 3 sets for the 3 albums you are making for family. How about that!
1. You will send accents or borders to the other 3 swappers in your group. If you do not have specific things they are asking for, get as close as possible. (ex. if they are asking for Star Wars and you don't have space ships, make planet or space themed pieces).
2. If a swapper asks for accents, you will create 2 accent pieces that coordinate with each other. No smaller than 3 inches.
3. If a swapper asks for borders, you will create 2 borders that coordinate with each other. No smaller than 11 inches long and 2.5 inches wide.
4. Your accents or borders need to be high quality card stock. Stampin' Up, CTMH, Gina K., etc. PLEASE! PLEASE! make great quality pieces. DO NOT USE flimsy card stock.
5. Your pieces MUST BE 3 layers. Those 3 layers need to consist of a "shadow" or base layer of card stock, a second layer of card stock on top of the base layer and then embellishments on top. More layers are welcome! 3 is the minimum though. If your colors you are using do not contrast well (they are close to the same color), you will need to ink the edges to show more dimension.
6. A Cricut machine is the best tool to use making accents. Borders are easily cut without a Cricut but I like to cut layers/pieces for my borders with my Cricut. Now, if you do not own a Cricut but have a Big Shot, Cuttlebug, large paper punches, etc, you are welcome to join.
7. Everyone remember, QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY. If this swap takes off and we have lots of interest, I plan to host future ones. If you send flimsy pieces and do not follow requirements, you will not be able to join these swaps in the future. I know that sounds harsh, but if you don't follow the rules of a swap, then people know and they won't join. That in turn makes swaps a fading trend....no one will want to join any swaps. We cannot have that!
DUE IN MY HANDS: April 27, 2013
Do not sign up unless you plan to follow through. Flakers will be reported to the MODS.
If something comes up, life happens, please PM me that you cannot complete the swap and I will remove you and try to fill the spot. Try your best to give me as much advance notice as possible. Remember, 3 ladies in your group are counting on you to send them their pieces.
We're pros at this by now but here goes...
Mail in large envelope. Place each set in plastic zip type bag with the person's name on the outside. Then place all 3 sets in 1 large plastic baggie with your group number on the outside of that one. I will reuse envelopes but make sure it is in reusable condition and a large envelope so if other sets are larger than what you sent I can fit them in it! Please send a return address label and at least 1 extra first class stamp in case return package weighs a little more. Of course, send as much postage as it took to send to me.
When you are ready to mail please PM me for my U.S. address *Canadians swappers welcome but you must send U.S. postage stamps. My P.O. does not allow me to place unused dollars/coins in return envelope*
Feel free to take more than 1 spot. I will make as many groups as we have interest in.
1. Melina (mepylant) - Piano recital - black and white - (borders)
2. wyoscrapbooker - Las Vegas - (accents)
1. Melina (mepylant) - Beach - (accents)
2. wyoscrapbooker - baby girl - (accents)