Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #81
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
I have three boxes packed and priced for a craft garage sale tomorrow at a church. I have already retreaved some of it! Hopefully I don't retreave anymore! I am getting rid of 26 SU! Sets and lots more of assorted single stamps. The trouble is I will probably be spending on other people's purged stuff! LOL. I packaged up a lot of ribbon to sell and lots of other tools, punches, etc. we shall see !
Wow, Sharon, I'm impressed that you've earmarked that much stuff to just give away! I could never give up that much!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I have three boxes packed and priced for a craft garage sale tomorrow at a church. I have already retreaved some of it! Hopefully I don't retreave anymore! I am getting rid of 26 SU! Sets and lots more of assorted single stamps. The trouble is I will probably be spending on other people's purged stuff! LOL. I packaged up a lot of ribbon to sell and lots of other tools, punches, etc. we shall see !
I was going to hit the "like" button but it won't let me hit it twice...LOL!! Good luck & even if you come home with 25 SU sets you bought from someone else you'll be ahead of the game!

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Lmn likes this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #83
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning!!!

I think instead of cleaning this morning I will scrap play . It's a busy day, DD1 has tutoring at 9; leaving 9:50 for DD2's lacrosse games and should be back by 2:30. Then maybe I'll do a little cleaning but I'm hoping I'll be able to scrap the rest of the afternoon. Gonna put something in the crock pot now so I don't even need to cook dinner tonight! Maybe some movie/snuggle time with DH after dinner . That's the plan...now lets see how it works out!
Lmn likes this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #84
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Good thing we don't live close by, all those stamps would probably follow me home, then they could join all the SU stamps in my closet that I don't use! LOL I wonder if they are ever coming out of the closet!!
Crooked Stamper likes this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #85
Proud Fan Club Member

Mary Pat, after a day like that I don't know if I would have the energy to scrap too!!

What am I talking about?? I was up till midnight last night then started in again at 6:30 this morning!! Can't sleep when the mojo hits....... off to take picture of my latest page while waiting for the paint to dry on the mini album.
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #86
Proud Fan Club Member

Dropping off

Autumn Splendor
Old 09-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #87
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Yay

Quote:
Sharon, I did that last year ... cleaned out the closets and got rid of a lot of my SU stamps I didn't use and boxes of paper and embellishments. It felt good to have more space. I was just thinking recently though I need to do another round. My DH and I are thinking we're moving in the next 12-18 months. Last time I drove all of my scrap stuff in my SUV because I didn't want the movers handling it. This time I think I would need a UHaul truck just for my scrap office, LOL!

Good Luck at the Garage Sale!
Mary_Pat419 and NerdyBeth like this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #88
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking You Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Only $2...nice restraint, Lela! lol

By the way, are you still coming out this way, was it, in October?
It really wasn't restraint because I was "itching" to spend some $$, I found some paper I loved but I stop buying paper without specific pictures in mind because it sits in my stash and I just didn't see anything that was a "must have".

Oh and YES! I'm coming to AZ, we just planned our trip. I will PM you, hoping Oct 20 works for you. I have all day free
Old 09-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #89
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Mary Pat, after a day like that I don't know if I would have the energy to scrap too!!

What am I talking about?? I was up till midnight last night then started in again at 6:30 this morning!! Can't sleep when the mojo hits....... off to take picture of my latest page while waiting for the paint to dry on the mini album.
Sharon ... you sure are getting the pages done! That's awesome! I need to stop lolly-gagging as my Mom would say and get busy scrappin' this morning

I've been putting together pages for the Sept LOAD I'm doing and I'm only 1 behind but need to secure them down. I also have to make a Birthday Cake for my oldest ... he's 22 today
Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #90
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Did You See This?

Announcement from Creating Keepsakes Magazine? Here is the link

An Announcement from Creating Keepsakes magazine | Creating Keepsakes Blog
wendella247 likes this post.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #91
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
Announcement from Creating Keepsakes Magazine? Here is the link

An Announcement from Creating Keepsakes magazine | Creating Keepsakes Blog
I was just talking with a friend about Paper Craft Magazine going digital. Sorry to see this happen...I'm more of a hard copy reader but it does sounds like there will be more issues.

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #92
Insane Embellisher

I also like paper, but as I'm drowning in paper (genealogy is another one of my hobbies) I can see the advantages of a digital magazine. Especially since I would have all of them with me if I go to a crop without having to bring them all along.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #93
Insane Embellisher

Scrapbook goals for September are:
1) 10 layouts (2 pages each) in my family album.
2) Get started (even it if is just picking out photos) on a Disney mini album for my sister (she let us tag along at spring break and planned everything for us!).
3) Start to replace my crappy old scrapbooks with CTMH albums (which are nicer and to get a nicer, uniform look on my bookshelves).

Better stop there. My daughter has 2 softball games per week so that will cut into my scrapbook time a bit.

Here are my first 2 layouts for September. The 4th of July layout isn't technically finished because I need a 5"x7" photo, but I couldn't find a printer in town that was working. Conspiracy!
Freedom!
Cards vs. Royals
Old 09-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #94
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yay

You found us Beth! Welcome! Your Sept pages were GREAT!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #95
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
Good Morning!!!

I think instead of cleaning this morning I will scrap play . It's a busy day, DD1 has tutoring at 9; leaving 9:50 for DD2's lacrosse games and should be back by 2:30. Then maybe I'll do a little cleaning but I'm hoping I'll be able to scrap the rest of the afternoon. Gonna put something in the crock pot now so I don't even need to cook dinner tonight! Maybe some movie/snuggle time with DH after dinner . That's the plan...now lets see how it works out!
Well, forgot to put the meat in the crockpot yesterday so it was hot dog & beans; never got to scrapping 'cause dd2, though they won both games was a bit emotional, (first HS lax game {off season} & she played varsity level) and needed some snuggle time; then dh wasn't feeling best (allergies) so we did some movie time with him. All-in-all a good day for family but not for scrapping.

I do get some fun crafty time today, it's our first Stamp Camp with the ladies in a very long time so I need to make a dish. Our mall has a Food Truck event 2x a month so we're doing dinner over there tonight so I can recruit some for our Fall Festival Fundraiser for dd1's TV Production class.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #96
Gabfest Goddess

Welcome Beth!

Not surprised about CK Magazine, saw the signs; it couldn't get any thinner! Got to say, I look for scrapping magazines and there are none out there anymore. I have a Nook but I don't like magazines on them; something about sitting in the sun with a magazine that I like. With a swimming pool and time at the beach it's better to have the paper version than a digital copy. Very disappointed but guess that's the way of the world now.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

not feeling well and hubby is bogged down with hosting their corporate retreat here at the beach this week.... so I guess that is my que to scrap! awwwwe poor me...
NerdyBeth likes this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #98
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry View Post
not feeling well and hubby is bogged down with hosting their corporate retreat here at the beach this week.... so I guess that is my que to scrap! awwwwe poor me...
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Hope scrapping is the perfect medicine. I am finishing a card, then off to the Farmer's Market and Bday Dinner for DS today

I plan to fit some scrapping in this evening
Old 09-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #99
Insane Embellisher

Got most of this layout done last night during the Cardinals baseball game (had to stop and cheer often, though, yay!!). Finished it up this morning and now I need to run to the store and buy a Xyron refill.

It's raining outside so I had to take a picture inside. The color isn't quite right but I was getting too much glare.

I am not only happy that I got another layout done, but I have also been forcing (allowing?) myself to use up supplies. I tend to hoard items for "that perfect layout", but shouldn't all my layouts be worthy of my favorite items? Guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the result of using my favorite supplies is pages I like and a hobby I love once again.

Here's the layout: Shaw's Garden
Left side: Shaw's left
Right side: Shaw's right
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #100

I like your way of thinking, Beth! I'm so glad you've decided to join in the fun!

--------

Here's my scraplift of a page from Sharon's (sewflake) awesome gallery:

Montauk Lighthouse-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 09-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #101

Quote:
It really wasn't restraint because I was "itching" to spend some $$, I found some paper I loved but I stop buying paper without specific pictures in mind because it sits in my stash and I just didn't see anything that was a "must have".

Oh and YES! I'm coming to AZ, we just planned our trip. I will PM you, hoping Oct 20 works for you. I have all day free

Sounds like a plan! Would you like to take a trip to Sedona or Jerome for the day?

Old 09-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #102
Gabfest Goddess

Had fun today and we made 10 different cards, 5 Halloween & 5 Thank you...lots of fun! I'm in my scraproom and am cutting photos now ...yeah!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #103

Quote:
Welcome Beth!

Not surprised about CK Magazine, saw the signs; it couldn't get any thinner! Got to say, I look for scrapping magazines and there are none out there anymore. I have a Nook but I don't like magazines on them; something about sitting in the sun with a magazine that I like. With a swimming pool and time at the beach it's better to have the paper version than a digital copy. Very disappointed but guess that's the way of the world now.
I'm not surprised either. An issue or two ago, they had a long blurb about how the magazine would be less pages but we could also access it online. I knew what was coming next...just like Scrapbooks ETC a few years back. I like computers, but like so many people who commented on the link Lela provided, there's nothing like a hard copy of a scrapping magazine to browse through at my leisure. I'm disappointed, but it's the way of the world, like it or not! I do feel sad, though.

Lmn, 3Fries and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #104

Quote:
[/B]

Sounds like a plan! Would you like to take a trip to Sedona or Jerome for the day?
We can, if you like, or maybe just more local stuff. You choose! If we go to either Sedona or Jerome, DH will join us and drive!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Here a companion page to my scraplift layout. I use sketch#323 from early summer by salster. This is my second page for Sept!

sbsc323 Happy 60th! by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #106
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Ahhh ladies, I am so looking forward to next weekend being over! Only 2 more Walk for Muscular Dystrophy events in my province to get through. They are always exciting, emotional and rewarding - just really draining!! This weekend has been the highlight - the walk I worked with a friend to start 6 years ago (this was year 6 for the event) hit a record high, and even beat the two cities in other parts of the country that I learned a lot from and always wanted to beat Our goal was $69,000 and we raised $79,275!!!! Today I have been mostly napping and reading. I cannot wait for a weekend to just relax. Off to look in the gallery before I head to bed.

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Lmn, sewflake, Mary_Pat419 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #107
Insane Embellisher

Monday morning and back to real life...job, school, softball games, grocery shopping, etc....which means very little, if any, scrapbooking. Here's hoping you ladies get some great pages done to keep me inspired and excited about scrappin'!
3Fries likes this post.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #108
Mad Swapper

Hi ladies. I need some hostesses for the main VSBN coming up on September 28. If you have a cool technique you would like to share, please consider hosting a challenge. Even if you don't have a technique but would like to hostess, let me know because I'm sure I can think of a challenge for you! The more people who participate, the more fun this event will be. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #109
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
Hi ladies. I need some hostesses for the main VSBN coming up on September 28. If you have a cool technique you would like to share, please consider hosting a challenge. Even if you don't have a technique but would like to hostess, let me know because I'm sure I can think of a challenge for you! The more people who participate, the more fun this event will be. Thanks.
Is it only the 28th?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afernoon everyone! Hope your Monday was magnificent!

I am a life artist and love it!
3Fries likes this post.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #111
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Yup

Quote:
Is it only the 28th?
Yup, For this VSBN we had the Mini in August
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #112
Gabfest Goddess

Cool

Quote:
Yup, For this VSBN we had the Mini in August
Oh, okay...I have a lot that day so I won't be around...maybe during the week I'll get time to play the challenges. Sorry I can't participate .
Old 09-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wow, Sharon, I'm impressed that you've earmarked that much stuff to just give away! I could never give up that much!

I didn't earmark it to give away! I paid 5.00 for half a table to sell it!! LOL Didn't sell, but about 4 sets, very cheap! So, guess I did give some away.
We sat for 6 hours and hardly anyone came. Sooo, brought it all back home except $24.00 worth. Let's see 24 minus 5 for table and - 3 dollar lunch. made $16.00, well, then i spent 3 at another table. LOL We did this same sale in 2009, and made over 100.00 each. Donn't know why no one came.

So, now, I retrived 2 more sets. I will leave the rest in the box and pack away util another time.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
Old 09-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #114

Quote:
I didn't earmark it to give away! I paid 5.00 for half a table to sell it!! LOL Didn't sell, but about 4 sets, very cheap! So, guess I did give some away.
We sat for 6 hours and hardly anyone came. Sooo, brought it all back home except $24.00 worth. Let's see 24 minus 5 for table and - 3 dollar lunch. made $16.00, well, then i spent 3 at another table. LOL We did this same sale in 2009, and made over 100.00 each. Donn't know why no one came.

So, now, I retrived 2 more sets. I will leave the rest in the box and pack away util another time.
Ah...OK, so that's more like what I might do! lol. I hope at least you enjoyed the fellowship. Maybe next time you can bring some ink and make a few cards while you're sitting there! Too bad so few people came. I was at a church craft fair last year with a friend who had some garden décor she had made and it was like that, very slow. I wonder why.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #115
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, it is sad to hear that you had to take home most of the items you took for sale.
I use to go to craft fairs at churches around here, they had (they may still have it as far as I know) a most wonderful fair hosted at the First Methodist Church. I wonder if people still go? I quit going years ago. It was always very crowded, so crowded it was hard to move around. They also had a luncheon which had lines out the door to attend. Then the style of merchandise was not my style anymore. I did buy a few neat things so maybe it's time to see if they will be having one this Fall. I know it takes tremendous effort to put it all together so maybe they quit..... We do have a Seafood Festival at the end of the month, that is a big affair, then the Art Festival the first week end in November, another big event. The seafood festival is more home made crafts, while the art festival is more artsy stuff with higher price tags.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
Count me in, Cheryl. I'll PM you about times.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #117

Default VSBN

Ladies! I hope some of you will consider hosting the VSBN on the 28th! It's a lot easier than some of you might think, and it would be so fun to have a big participation, not only hostesses, but scrappers too!

Please consider hosting. I'm sure Cheryl can fit you in at a time that will work for you!

GO VSBN! !!

Old 09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #118

Arrow Task #2 for the Progressive Scrap Challenge has been posted!

Diane posted the new task for the September progressive scrap challenge this morning. Yay!!!

Task #2-Sept. Prog. Scrap Challenge

Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #119

Quote:
Sharon ... you sure are getting the pages done! That's awesome! I need to stop lolly-gagging as my Mom would say and get busy scrappin' this morning

I've been putting together pages for the Sept LOAD I'm doing and I'm only 1 behind but need to secure them down. I also have to make a Birthday Cake for my oldest ... he's 22 today
A lolly gagger you're not, Lela! You're such a busy gal, I don't know when you find time to scrap!

Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #120
Proud Fan Club Member

I won't be around for VSBN, that's the week end of my crop retreat......