Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow October 2009 Scrappin' Goals Thread

Scrappin' Challenge 2009

WOOHOO! Sailing through our 2009 Scrappin' Goal Challenge! We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August & September! I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together this month!

It was SO fun to see everyone's goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages last month! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

With that in mind, I thought I would invite all of you to October Scrapbook Challenge! Oh what fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends.

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person will post what their scrapbook page goal is for July. We will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. Along with the scrapbook page goal for October if you'd like to play along with the "Using Stash Crew" decide what your scrapping budget will be for that month.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done, use more in our stash before buying new (well at least keep track) and if you want to play along w/ saving --- save $$ at the same time which becomes scrapping budget $ for next year -- or vacation money or Holiday fund!

Money spent on Adhesive and Printing Pictures is not included in the monthly scrapping budget. We'll count pages 7x7 & up = 1 page for 1 page completed, 6x6 & smaller = 2 pages for 1 page completed.

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2009 Scrapbook Challenge! Woohoo for October!! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

**To make it easier for everyone to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages, please upload your pages to SBC09OCT. **

Last edited by Lmn; 10-28-2009 at 08:50 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow October Scrappers

Don't forget, if you want your YTD number in the goal, please post or track in your signature :mrgreen:

October Scrappers

- Patty (PrincessP1471) - Sept Goal 15 / YTD Comp 341
- Denise (StampingDenise) - Sept Goal 13/20 (65%)/YTD Comp 125/240(52%)
- Tristen (tristen) - Sept Goal 0/17 / YTD Comp 63/126 (50%)
- (rdeaton) - Sept Goal 8/30 (27%) / YTD Comp 85/200 (43%)
- Melina (mepylant) - Sept Goal 20 / YTD Comp 125/200 (63%)
- Carol (grammawamma) - Sept Goal 12/12 (100%) / YTD Comp 93/120 (78%)
- Heather (hcarnes) - Sept Goal 10 / YTD Comp 34/150 (23%)
- Michele (drstamper) - Sept Goal 6/8 (75%)/ YTD Comp 18/30 (60%)
- Jen (jenstampingpad) - Aug Goal 16 / YTD Comp 205
- Liz (Elizabeth G.) - Sept Goal 6/12 (50%) / YTD Comp 117/150 (78%)
- Tam (tamcan) - Sept Goal 16/30 (53%) / YTD Comp 398/365 (109%)
- Candy (taca410) - Sept Goal 5 / YTD Comp 179
- Anavon (Annie's Pantry) - Sept Goal 10/25 (40%)/ YTD Comp 313/400(78%)
- Melissa (mollymoo951) - Aug Goal 10 / YTD Comp 75
- Wendy (wendella247) - Sept Goal 7/14 (50%) / YTD Comp 99/100 (99%)
- Andrea (ama3022) - Aug Goal 10 / YTD Comp 12
- Terry (eeddmm) - Sept Goal 12/6 (200%) / YTD Comp 78/48 (163%)
- Sarah (jonah's mommy) - Sept Goal 6 / YTD Comp
- Valerie (awjmgmom) - Sept Goal 10 / YTD Comp 109
- April (aprildawn) - Sept Goal 5/10 (50%) / YTD Comp 73/125 (58%)
- Tanya (daizees) - Sept Goal 10 / YTD Comp 56
- Kelli (chickadee3357) - Sept Goal 3/6 (50%)/ YTD Comp 33/40 (83%)
- Trish (strongcanadianbeauty) - Aug Goal 14 / YTD Comp 32
- Kirsten (goegirl) - Aug Goal / YTD Comp 120
- Bekah (rdoak03) - Sept Goal 6/6 (100%) / YTD Comp 186
- Aubrey (MonTigg) - Sept 5 / YTD Comp
- Nichelle (nichelle) - Aug Goal 4 / YTD Comp
- Jenn (stamptician) - Sept Goal 4/8 (50%) / YTD Comp 49/75 (65%)
- Joyce (ashjoy) - Sept Goal 5 / YTD Comp
- Lanita (divanurse) - Sept Goal 4 / YTD Comp 15/72 (21%)
- Penny (mzpenny) - Sept Goal 1/3 (33%) / YTD Comp 29/100 (29%)
- Mary Pat (mary_pat419) - Sept Goal 4/6 (67%)/ YTD Comp 72/144 (50%)
- Crystal (militarywife) - Sept Goal 3/15 (20%)/ YTD Comp 59/150 (39%)
- Michele (awjmgmom) - Sept Goal 2/10 (20%)/ YTD Comp 134/155 (87%)
- Cara (carabecca) - Sept Goal 9/15 (60%) / YTD Comp 97/240 (40%)
- Jenny (avery123) - Sept Goal 4 / YTD Comp
- Charlsanne (cla616) - Sept Goal / YTD Comp 52
- Lela (Lmn) - Sept Goal 26/55 (47%) / YTD Comp 146/365 (40%)

Last edited by Lmn; 10-28-2009 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow October Budget Bonus

Scrappy Sisters,

I'm SURE you will all agree that we need to go back and add in our focus on our scrapping budgets! It's a good time of the year to start as we'll all want extra $$ for the holidays. Some of us have been using the "budget" idea since we started, others not so much. I decided it would be easier to split from the page goal posts. There are several ways to do this:

1. Set a $$ spending budget for the month & track your expenditures against budget set.
2. Match your scrapbook/stamping spending by putting the same amount away in savings that you spend on scrapbook/stamp stuff. This gives you extra $$ for either more scrap/stamp spending or something fun
3. Set a "Scrap to Spend" page goal. Come up with a goal to complete before you spend more $$ (for instance, "complete 25 pages before spending"
4. Do a combination or all of them!

Many times scrapping and stamping supply purchases are "impulse" buys. We want to encourage not only LOTS of Pages completed but creative, productive use of our STASH. Let's see if together we can be "CREATORS" and not just "COLLECTORS". (Thanks MP )

You do NOT have to set a budget to play along with Scrappin' Goal Challenge. This is only for those of us who would like to play

I will post our Scrap Budgets here...let's see if we can band together and encourage everybody to keep on goal

Last edited by Lmn; 10-28-2009 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Thursday 52 Week Challenge

October 29 :mrgreen:
October 22
October 15
October 8
October 1

September Challenges

August Challenges

Jun - July Challenges

Jan - May Challenges

THURSDAY Challenge!

We're going to launch a NEW Thursday Challenge for 2009! I'm so excited!!

SCS 52 Week Thursday Goal Challenge!
This year on Thursdays you'll be invited to join us for our 52 Week Scrap Challenge. These challenges will be PERFECT whether you're working on your kids albums, 2009 Family Album, Daily Life Album or a "BOM" (Book of Me).
We have 4 SPECIAL Hostesses and each week they will post a challenge that goes with their theme for the year! By the end of the year, you'll have some GREAT pages or a complete 2009 Scrapbook...OR BOTH! :mrgreen:

Our Themes will be:

Week 1 - Quotes (Cassie/Tam)
These challenges will offer us inspiration to create a page/pages based on the quotes shared.

Week 2 - Recipes (Anavon)
Anavon will be encouraging us to scrap favorite family recipes or food moments based on colors or ingredients...

Week 3 - Theme (Valerie)
Our 3rd week challenges will be a mix of themes, events, or calendar pages...

Week 4 - Idea/ Inspiration (Kirsten)
4th week challenge will motivate us to scrap an important belief, idea, thought, inspiration...

And Occasional Week 5 - Hodge Podge (Guest Hostess)
This week will be an ecletic mix of page motivating ideas to round out our 52 scrap challenge weeks!

I hope you will join us for a GREAT 2009 Thursday Scrap Challenge Year!

Last edited by Lmn; 10-28-2009 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Weekly Challenges

Looking for a little momentum or challenge to get a page or two done? Always some GREAT challenges here on SCS! What a FUN Place to Play! To Make it EASY to Find them, I have posted Links to the Challenges HERE! Scrap On!

Weekly Challenge Line Up:

Monday - Inspiration
Tuesday - Digital
Wednesday - Variety
Thursday - 52 Week Challenge
Friday - Sketch

Last edited by Lmn; 10-28-2009 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #6  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow October Fun

** Looks like our Sept Fun will be Oct, our 1st envelope was kept by the USPS** I will list the players here :cool:

September Fun!
This month we're going to share the fun of STASH by playing a game called, "Use What I Send You". This will just be ongoing so sign up to play. I have an envelope full of Scrap Goodies from a box of "stash" we sent around last year. I challenge you to use 1 or more of the items from this envelope on a scrap page (or layout). Here's how it works:

1. Sign up in the thread you want to play
2. PM me your address
3. I will send the first person the envelope of STASH
4. Pick out the item or items you want to use on your page
5. Scrap your page and upload to the gallery
6. Add a couple small items to the STASH Envelope (if you want)
7. I will PM you the address of the next Scrap Sister
8. Mail the STASH Envie to the next Scrap Sister

This will be fun and we can play as long as we have Scrap Sisters that want the STASH Envelope. Feel free to sign up more than once. If you do, make one page, send out the envelope, you will get it back another time for a 2nd page (or layout).

Question, let me know. We're keeping this to an envelope of STASH so the postage rates remain "reasonable".

Last edited by Lmn; 09-30-2009 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #7  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow October Goal Challenge Monthly Crop

Our October Crop will be on Saturday, October 24, watch for details!

Here's September Crop Details just in case you missed it.... :mrgreen:

Last edited by Lmn; 09-30-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #8  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow October Scrap Challenge

Weekend October Scrap Challenge

This weekend's Scrap Challenge is brought to you by our very own Cara (carabecca)! She was the Mostess Hostess of some great challenges at another site last weekend (Coordinates Collections) found HERE. She would have LOVED to be here to post these challenges for you here in our October Goal thread this weekend but she's traveling so I get the GREAT Pleasure of Posting our Challenges for our Weekend October Scrap Challenge!

October Scrap Challenge: All About Books Novel Idea, hunh?! :mrgreen:

**Don't miss out on Sally's Sketch Challenge this weekend for use with one of your pages. It's HERE

Challenge 1
There are some pretty famous quotes out there from movies and speeches, but what about quotes from books? Your first challenge is to select a quote from a book (be sure to tell us the title!) and use it as either your layout title or in your journaling.

I found a few famous quotes I thought had some fun scrapbooking possibilities. Feel free to use one of these, or come up with your own!

"Accidents will occur in the best regulated families." Charles Dickens
"The best way out is always through." Robert Frost
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." J. R. R. Tolkien
"Curiouser and curiouser!" Lewis Carroll
"All children, except one, grow up." James M. Barrie
"The thing with kids is, if they want to grab for the gold ring, you have to let them do it, and not say anything. If they fall off, they fall off, but it's bad if you say anything to them." J. D. Salinger
"I was born good but had grown progressively worse every year." Harper Lee
"'You sort of start thinking that anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.'" J. K. Rowling
Upload to SBC09OCTa

Challenge Two - Cover Inspiration
Some novels just have really striking covers. Take the cover of The Friday Night Knitting Club, for example. I love the bold colors on the black background, the centered white serif letters, and the little flourish on the right-hand side.

Your challenge is to use this book cover as inspiration for your layout - use it as the basis for a sketch, use the colors, anything that inspires you!
Upload to SBC09OCTb

Challenge Three - In The Romance Section
Now we're headed to the romance section of the library! Create a layout about something/someone you love. No heaving bosoms necessary :mrgreen:
Upload to SBC09OCTc

Challenge Four - Book Report Time
Book report time! For this challenge, I'm going to ask you to follow a specific format for your layout or project.

- Use 1 photo
- Use 2 pieces of cardstock
- Use 1 piece of patterned paper
- Use buttons, brads, and/or eyelets.

Anything else is fair game!
Upload to SBC09OCTd

Challenge Five - Creative Writing
Your next challenge will channel YOUR inner author. Creative writing - it's all about the journaling. Your layout can be about absolutely ANYTHING, as long as you include at least 100 words of journaling on the page.

And no, the title doesn't count toward the 100 words!

Yes, this challenge is designed to CHALLENGE you! I am really looking forward to seeing some great stories. I know some of you are NOT fans of journaling, but don't worry. 100 words is only about the size of a paragraph. (In fact, I’ve written 101 words in this little description.) Go for it!
Upload to SBC09OCTe

Challenge Six - I Love A Good Series
Some of my favorite books to read are books belonging to a series. Sometimes I just fall in love with the characters and want more!

Your last challenge is to scrap a series of pictures (at least 2!). Here are some ideas to get you started:

School photos over the years
Holiday photos from different years
Plants blooming
Learning a new skill
Rearranging or redecorating a room
Changing seasons

I can't wait to see your ideas!
Upload to SBC09OCTf

You have until midnight Friday 10/30 to upload your Completed Challenge Pages. We will have a small prize for each challenge! and the best benefit is you could have 6-12 more pages completed for October!

Last edited by Lmn; 10-23-2009 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in for October. I'm going to aim for another 12. I'll update my signature for September. Even though I didn't post any pictures, I completed 12 5x5 pages and 2 12x12 pages trying to learn my new MDS. I'm even going to get the 5x5 album printed when I finish it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Default Count Me In!

I'm soooo glad I found you guys! I love having just a little accountability and some feedback since I've just started doing pages. Not to mention the INSPIRATION! Wow!

I have a question- one of my projects over the next two months is to make two books for a friend of mine for her to put her own pics in. Do these still count as a "page" since there won't be any pictures?

Goals for October:
Halloween goodies for my nieces and stepdaughter
The Xmas examples I didn't finish in Sept (unless I do them tonight)
6 pages (without pictures)

I'm also going to do the "save as much as I spend" since I have my board exam to pay for this winter ($1400+ just kill me now!!) and my wedding in April. What a GREAT way to hold myself accountable when I decide I "need" something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Sign me up for October. This is close to the busiest month of the year for me since I have DD's bday and another temporary move, so I'm going to play it safe with 8 pages and maybe I'll go over if I'm lucky. I'll still have November and December to help me reach my yearly goal!!

Last edited by Elizabeth G.; 09-30-2009 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in as well to put down 10 for October. I'll need to back off for Nov/Dec, but I think if I plan right I'll hit around 130 for the end of the year - wooo hooo! so grateful I found this forum in Jan

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Woot! Woot! It's already October. Only 3 months left and I'm standing at 65% of my goal. Not the progress I had in mind. What can I say life happens.
My yearly goal is 75 pages with 49 complete. I need 26 more to meet my goal. That's 8.66666 pages a month. To be safe and since I'm not quite sure how to make .66666 of a page;) I'll set my goal for October at 9 PAGES. I'll also be working on the Christmas Cards during this time as well. So wish me luck.:mrgreen:
I don't think I'm gonna set a budget cause I never stick to it but, I might pay myself for each page I create.

Looking forward to scrapping with my sisters this month. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

WOW!! where has the year gone??? I'm in for ten pages. I passed my Sept. goal by ten pages 15/5 and am 195 for the year. Yea me!!:cool:
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

I loooooove October, but I am sooooo not ready for it to be here!

Ok, put me down for another 20 for the month. The last month and a half has been really productive for me and I'm on a roll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in for another 20 for October. Now if I could only get a new camera to replace my busted one! :( Oh well I've got plenty of pics to scrap even with not being able to take any new ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Cool

Hi, I started early on a huge needed project and didn't make my September goal. I want to focus on the holidays starting October 1. I will set my goal for the amount I missed for September 14 pages:(. I have so many other crafts I want to work on. I want to give all handmade gifts, so I gotta get on my j-o-b.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Hi all! I'm so glad I joined again in September, I met my goal for the month. I'm going to try for 15 again in October. I'm also working on an ongoing mini-book. I think I might count every four pages of the mini as one page for my goal. That seems about right in my head, anyway! I also need to start making Christmas cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Thursday 52 Week Challenge

SCS52WK38 Celebrate October

Hi, ladies. Its October already? I absolutely love the next 3months! The Holiday season begins October 1 and for me the world starts to speed up. Zoom Halloween, Zoom Thanksgiving, Zoom Christmas and a few birthdays in between!!! Even as a child the holiday season has always been bittersweet. I'm the oldest of five children and I have always been the one partnered with my mom to prepare for the Holidays. I love coming up with ideas for each holiday right down to the shape of our bread and butter. The time seems to fly at warp speed.

I know the loving family time and all the wonderful memories made during the holiday seasons are memories we want to keep forever. Lucky for us and our families, scrapbooking does just that!

This year I challenge everyone to absorb every moment this holiday season has to offer beginning to end. We can start with Halloween, Fall, Harvest whatever you celebrate for October and make a point to enjoy the process. I challenge everyone to take a moment and breathe in all the glory and to not let it speed by.

Here are a few quotes to remind us to enjoy this amazing time.

Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold. ~Judith Olney

Backward, turn backward,
O Time, in your flight
make me a child again
just for to-night!
~Elizabeth Akers Allen

Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted," or "forbidden" in the title. ~From Scooby-Doo.

Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~Carol Bishop Hipps

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder

The challenge is to make a layout using one of the quotes as your inspiration and show what you celebrate in October, the first month of this holiday season. You can use the quote on your page but is not required. You can crop with or without pictures. You can do pages for later use or crop with pictures you already have. The goal is to document your families October celebration.

my samples
Spooky Friends
Scary Home
Halloween Swap

Be sure to upload your Thursday Challenge page to: SCS52WK38

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Last edited by tamcan; 10-01-2009 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: add samples
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:00 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Good Morning Scrappy friends. I'm a little behind this morning. I had to pick up my dd#2 from school. She's not feeling well ( sore throat etc.). Uploaded Thursday challenge and I am working on sample to upload soon.
Have a great day!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I did jack poo last month cause of the new grade level. So I am gonna try and do 10 this month so I can catch up a little. Budget is NADA cause I don't get paid till Oct 31st and have been without a paycheck since June 5th UGH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Great challenge, Tam!!! The quotes are all perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydocView Post
I'm soooo glad I found you guys! I love having just a little accountability and some feedback since I've just started doing pages. Not to mention the INSPIRATION! Wow!

I have a question- one of my projects over the next two months is to make two books for a friend of mine for her to put her own pics in. Do these still count as a "page" since there won't be any pictures?
Goals for October:
Halloween goodies for my nieces and stepdaughter
The Xmas examples I didn't finish in Sept (unless I do them tonight)
6 pages (without pictures)

I'm also going to do the "save as much as I spend" since I have my board exam to pay for this winter ($1400+ just kill me now!!) and my wedding in April. What a GREAT way to hold myself accountable when I decide I "need" something.
If you do the pages for your friend, it would most certainly count towards your goal! I've seen lots of layouts without pics attached.

Scrap lots and "earn" lots of dough! LOL! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
Thanks.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Well...I hit my total goal for September by doing one extra digi page but short one paper page :-) I'm need to pick up the pace to hit my goal so I need to do 21 pages this month...ummm, don't think I've ever done that many in one month before but going to try! I'll shoot for 11 digi project pages and 10 traditional pages. Now off to pay bills then pick up dd2 for piano. I will plan to scrap tonight! (positive thinking)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

It's October already??? Time to set our new monthly goals--wow!

Well, I didn't make my monthly goal for September, but I did make my yearly goal of 100 pages 3 months early--so I think it will be OK to skate a little this month. I'm only going to shoot for 5 new pages in October. I not only want to get started on making some Christmas gifts, but I promised myself I'd finish up some journaling on pre-existing pages, and I also make hybrid pages out a bunch of the digi pages I've done this year and get them into books. I'll print them out as 8x8 and then turn them into 12x12's--kind of like progressive pages. They won't really count as new pages, even though they'll take some time.

So, please mark me down for five new pages in October, Lela!!

Happy scrapping, ladies!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Hi all! Just checking in for the day.

Tam- Love the challenge and the pages you created for it. Way to go. I really like the quote from Thornton Wilder. I will try to make a page using it. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

just checking in.... I met my Sept Goals and will be updating my siggy and Oct. goals tomorrow!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #29  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Oh My

Quote:

Sign me up for October. This is close to the busiest month of the year for me since I have DD's bday and another temporary move, so I'm going to play it safe with 8 pages and maybe I'll go over if I'm lucky. I'll still have November and December to help me reach my yearly goal!!
Liz, your moving again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #30  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking I agree!

Quote:

Fun challenge Tam, thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Good evening. so glad you guys like the quotes. I love this time of year. right now I'm pulling together paper and embelli's for some projects I want make and give as gifts.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #32  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hello everyone. Thank you for all of your kind words and messages. I am sorry that I let such a petty thing get the most of me. I am having some very bad days with my RA and the day in question was a very BAD day for me. Needless to say I did not meet my goal I fell short by one. I had uploaded 12 and had 2 more done but failed to upload them. I am setting a goal of 10 for this month. Sept. 14/15 Oct. 0/10 YTD 355 hugs to all!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #33  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Tam the challenge sounds great!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Needless to say I did not meet my goal I fell short by one. I had uploaded 12 and had 2 more done but failed to upload them. I am setting a goal of 10 for this month. Sept. 14/15 Oct. 0/10 YTD 355 hugs to all!
The upload is just for fun...the goal is pages done...so sounds like you made your goal to me...or am I misreading? I'm sorry you had a rough time and hope today is better...you sure did receive lots of luv and support here! Keep smiling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Well...positive thinking did not pay off, no scrapping last night :-( No scrapping this weekend either because I get to go camping with six 10 year olds at our Girl Scout Campground (thankfully we're not tent camping!). It's going to be alot of fun...canoeing, archery, backpacking...think I'll bring the Advil ;-) See you all next week sometime! Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Morning all!
For September I got 9 pages done out of my goal of 10. And for the year I've done 103 pages! yeay for this thread and all of you!
I'll shoot for 10 more this month. Lots of fun challenges I'd like to play with....!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Liz, your moving again?
Yep - DH is going on another 6 month deployment - grrr - going to miss Christmas AGAIN!!! But, at least he'll be here for DD's bday :rolleyes:

I will be crankin out the pages in his absence! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna set October for 4 again. Might make...might not. That's OK. I've far exceeded my yearly goal (especially since finding the digi world.

Have a question. I found these really neat acrylic files on http://emilygiovanni.com/ and was wondering how or what to use them with or on. I can't picture them. Does anyone have any layouts I can see as examples? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Put me down for 6.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

I have not been able to do a thing these last two month! Well - hopefully I will make them up. I'm going to dedicate this weekend to scrapping!

So my goal for Oct is 27 pages (I have to make up for the last two 0 accomplishment months)!

I'm going to try to stick w/stash for my pages. Wish me luck - maybe I will get all 27 done this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes