Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #161
Pearl-ExPert

Gobble, Gobble!

I'm getting ready to start cooking for my DH, DSs & DSILs. Eating at 2pm & we're having the traditional Turkey Day dinner. I hope to work on my Christmas cards in between preparing & after dinner. I'm on vacation until Tuesday & will probably do some shopping tomorrow. DSG is coming this weekend so hard to say what we'll do...probably decorate!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #162
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertrail View Post
Hi chatty ladies!
I'm so sorry about your flood Kristin but glad you didn't lose your photos. I have thousands on my computer that I'm looking into a cloud service to back up. I have an external drive but know those go bad eventually as well. I posted on Facebook for recommendations of Cloud Providers. Anyone here use a cloud (other than iCloud)?.
I love the layouts from Diane's Progressive Challenge this month - they look great! I wish I would've played along.
I'm very excited that I just reached my monthly AND my yearly goal with my last layout!! It's such a great feeling that I kept up with this throughout the year! Next year, I'm setting my goal even higher!! And like Tanya, I plan on printing tons of layouts soon during SU's print sale! Yay! It's so fun to get them in the mail and into my albums!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! My hubby has bronchitis and now my 11 yo started running a fever last night. ugh! So, we might be here at home instead of celebrating with the rest of our family… but at least we'll be together.

Here are my recent uploads:
1st Ski Trip
Hollywood Studios (which someone pointed out was still called MGM during these photos so I need to go back and change my title!!)
Hot Cocoa Break
Trim the Tree

Off to check out the gallery!

I use Just Cloud for my online back-up. Not sure if there's a better price out there, but I've been happy with them. I've had it for about a year and a half, but one of my externals CRASHED a few months back and I hadn't backed it to Just Cloud for a while due to getting a new computer and various issues, so I lost several of my most recent digi pages. It's heartbreaking to have that happen (believe me!), so I recommend getting the online back-up sooner, rather than later! Once it's done backing everything up the first time, it doesn't take long to keep it current. By the way, trying to get a service to restore a crashed EHD is VERY expensive ($500 and up!), so better to be safe than lose your precious pages!!

Sorry to hear hubby is sick and now your son. Guess it's good to get it over with before Christmas day is here!

Congrats on meeting your yearly goal already! Wish I could say that! I've been busy with other types of projects lately an haven't been doing as many pages as usual, but that's OK--still crafting and having fun!

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving with your family, sick or not!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #163
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Hey, hey

Happy
Turkey
Day!!

It smells yummy here as our Turkey is done and the 3 of us will be eating in an hour or so. Believe it or not, I finished up some house-stuff I needed to get done, not very holiday but It's nice to finally have it finished. I have a couple work things and my class stuff done too so after dinner, I'll be scrapping and finishing my Christmas Cards.

Of course, I did some online shopping already this morning & watched the Parade & now the Lions .... ahhh tradition

Hope you're all enjoying your day!
wendella247 and princessp1971 like this post.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #164
Creative Crew SU Design Team

I haven't been in my craft room all week! Too busy baking. I have a zillion cans of pumpkin that I've been hoarding, but I need to use them up before they expire We had Thanksgiving over at a friend's house which was nice--I did all the baking, she did the turkey and both of us thought the other one had the hard part. We had SO. MUCH. FOOD. I'm not sure if I want to eat anything again until Christmas at least!

Support the CreativeCrew! Join in some fun monthly challenges HERE

2014 Scrapbooking goal: 100 Pages; 72 Done
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #165
Proud Fan Club Member

I feel your pain Christy, I mean I really feel your pain!! Our Thanksgiving feast ended up being the only meal of the day!! Just so much and so good. Well maybe except for desert! I think I ate three pieces.........
Old 11-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry
Thumbs up Saying Thank You! Challenge...

Hope everyone had a great Turkey-giving day!

I am Very grateful for the chance to share yesterday with my awesome family. We were missing a few... . But they were never more than a thought away. Other than eating late due work schedules, sick people and our car getting broke into, our day was filled with traditions, family stories and fun!

One of our traditions every year is to try a new recipe... This year, I decided the recipe would be the breakfast treat to share while we watched the parade. (Another family tradition!) SOOOOO, I decided to make homemade "Salted Caramel Bacon Donuts" I keep hearing rave reviews about bacon & salted caramel this and bacon & salted caramel that. Anyway, after searching for several months for good recipes, no luck! I came up with my own, Here are the results.... They were delicious! (Picture below)

So I have been thinking and trying to figure out how to say Thank You and give thanks to all of you and all my friends here at SCS. I decided to offer up a "Say Thank You!" challenge to anyone who needs a little boost this weekend...

The Challenge is very simple... (Three details only)

1. Choose colors from either photo, you can mix them up.
2. Choose either circles from the donuts or squares (diamonds) from my tablescape.
3. Has to say Thank You or pay tribute to someone special in your life.

Keywords: APNOV2013, sbc13nov,

Here is my layout.... Thank You! - Movie Man

Hope you all enjoy!
AND A BIG SHOT OUT THANKS TO ALL MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg   2013-11-28-16.25.55.jpg  

Last edited by Annie's Pantry; 11-29-2013 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Trying to add photos
Old 11-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry View Post
Hope everyone had a great Turkey-giving day!

I am Very grateful for the chance to share yesterday with my awesome family. We were missing a few... . But they were never more than a thought away. Other than eating late due work schedules, sick people and our car getting broke into, our day was filled with traditions, family stories and fun!

One of our traditions every year is to try a new recipe... This year, I decided the recipe would be the breakfast treat to share while we watched the parade. (Another family tradition!) SOOOOO, I decided to make homemade "Salted Caramel Bacon Donuts" I keep hearing rave reviews about bacon & salted caramel this and bacon & salted caramel that. Anyway, after searching for several months for good recipes, no luck! I came up with my own, Here are the results.... They were delicious! (Picture below)

So I have been thinking and trying to figure out how to say Thank You and give thanks to all of you and all my friends here at SCS. I decided to offer up a "Say Thank You!" challenge to anyone who needs a little boost this weekend...

The Challenge is very simple... (Three details only)

1. Choose colors from either photo, you can mix them up.
2. Choose either circles from the donuts or triangles from my tablescape.
3. Has to say Thank You or pay tribute to someone special in your life.

Keywords: APNOV2013, sbc13nov,

Hope you all enjoy!
AND A BIG SHOT OUT THANKS TO ALL MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS!
Fun idea, Anavon! Am I confused, or is there supposed to be 2 different photos attached? ( I think my brain is still a little foggy from all the eating I did yesterday!) I only see the photo of your donuts.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Fun idea, Anavon! Am I confused, or is there supposed to be 2 different photos attached? ( I think my brain is still a little foggy from all the eating I did yesterday!) I only see the photo of your donuts.
yup.... two photo and my sample. SCS not friendly this morning, so I had to edit!
you can check it out now... should be fixed.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #169
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking LOL

Quote:
I was thinking the same ... I don't see triangles, hahaha! What a fun Thankful challenge. I just sent my picts to be printed for pick up today so maybe I'll even scrap my Thanksgiving Day picts? Better yet, I found a page or 2 I want to scraplift so ... off to see what I can come up with

Anybody "Black Friday" shopping? I did a bunch online last night so I should have just a couple items more to get and of course ... get wrapping once it all starts arriving
Old 11-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #170
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up yup

Quote:
yup.... two photo and my sample. SCS not friendly this morning, so I had to edit!
...now I see Triangles ...
Old 11-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #171
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Mary Pat,
I'm feeling pretty good. Spent the last three days in hospital with pneumonia in my right lung. Always something with this stupid cancer. [eye roll] I haven't gotten past the 'photos in hanging files' stage of the current flood-related photo sort but just having them at least not all swimming in boxes makes me happy!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #172
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Wendy, Thanks! It's nice to be back! I do try to pop in but oi, this cancer has been quite the high maintenance sucker so I've spent a lot of hospital and recovery time for the past year. Now that my scrapbooking room is temporarily relocated in the dining room I can at least think scrapping thoughts as I lay on the couch! I do a combination of 12x12 sleeves, pocket sleeves of various configurations and even some 6x12 or 8x8 pages in my albums... so when I DO get around to stuffing photos into pages it should (fingers crossed LOL) go fairly quickly! SHOULD!!! We all know how that goes! You fall in love with each photo and then whammo it 'needs' to be a traditionally scrapped 12x12! Oi. Such a good problem to have!!!

Quote:
Oh dear, not a flood! Ugh! The new trend of pocket pages is a good idea. I like your idea of grouping your photos by approximate date. Whatever you do is better than having your photos hidden away in boxes!

Nice to "see" you here, Kristin. Hope you pop in more often!!
wendella247 likes this post.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #173
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePanda View Post
Oh Kristin, what a lot of photos! Mary Pat has a good idea for taming such a stash of photos. Gather some decent albums and get them view-able at least. For me to scrap that many, well, let's say - not an option. There wouldn't be enough time left in my life because I can take too much time to create one page. I view my scrapbooking as entertainment and dabbling in art. Perhaps if you chose to go with the "slip ins" style you could reserve some with which you create special pages for a special album. Just some ideas. Anyway, hope you have good luck clearing up the flood without too much stress.
Thanks Joyce Ann! The flood was covered by insurance (after we called in a backhoe to dig up the drive way and prove that it was the city's fault) so I'm happy to let the worker guys deal with THAT project! Yes, pocket pages is a great idea and I will definitely use that. I'm a fairly fast scrapper, it's just a matter of time+energy right now. It'll come. The photos are now a little more safely tucked away. My Mom and Sisters spend a lot of time sitting with me during recovery so I was actually thinking of putting them to work on getting photos in... except that I'm sort of a control freak... though I have had to lay that down in so many areas already this year what's one more... but... LOL It'll happen when it happens!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #174
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertrail View Post
Hi chatty ladies!
I'm so sorry about your flood Kristin but glad you didn't lose your photos. I have thousands on my computer that I'm looking into a cloud service to back up. I have an external drive but know those go bad eventually as well. I posted on Facebook for recommendations of Cloud Providers. Anyone here use a cloud (other than iCloud)?.
Here are my recent uploads:
1st Ski Trip
Hollywood Studios (which someone pointed out was still called MGM during these photos so I need to go back and change my title!!)
Hot Cocoa Break
Trim the Tree

Off to check out the gallery!
I use Shutterfly for free archiving and digital photobooks (I always wait til the coupon comes to my email but have an album or photobook ready to print because the coupons have a 3 day expiry date usually). I have the app on my phone and tablet and find it works quickly and easily and I can sort the pics like I do in my scrap albums. It works for me. I also like that it's easy to find and share photos on my 'share website' that Shutterfly hosts (and I have locked to only invited guests, even controls who I will allow to print the photos or 'view only'). I tired to use a Cloud service but take too many photos and the cloud cost were going up and up and up.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #175
Hardware Hotshot

Sharon... "all"... my photos?? Oh, honey! If only that were the case! Those were only the photos that were swimming in the bottom of random boxes of crappola!!!! Seriously! [hanging head in shame] LOL May I suggest putting the manila envelopes (labelled with year or event?) in hanging files. I just bought a $6 crate type thing and hanging files at a box store. I find it easier to flip through the mass of photos if they are at least somewhat separated by the hanging file folder... maybe that would help you from the piles getting mixed up worse?

I like to think of it this way: Even libraries and archives have drawers full of random photos... it's that they HAVE the photos that is most important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Wow, a lot going on! My goodness, Kristen, glad you were able to save all your photos! I can't imagine loosing all of mine. I have 1000s, to answer your question. I am overwhelmed with DH's family photos, both sides of my family photos. I tried to put them in big manila envelopes by family, but still soooo many. So I just keep trucking along. I need someone to help me organize them better, because everytime I go thru them looking for something, they get disorganized again!

Here is a page I did for VSBN and Stash Buster and Cheryls' sketch on her Blog.
Home School. ( I have seen this both ways one word and two words)

Is anyone else trying to do all the VSBN? I think I have two more for the BAchelors due by Nov 30th. Then I can start working on my '''''''''''''''''''''''masters and Dr.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianKristin View Post
Sharon... "all"... my photos?? Oh, honey! If only that were the case! Those were only the photos that were swimming in the bottom of random boxes of crappola!!!! Seriously! [hanging head in shame] LOL May I suggest putting the manila envelopes (labelled with year or event?) in hanging files. I just bought a $6 crate type thing and hanging files at a box store. I find it easier to flip through the mass of photos if they are at least somewhat separated by the hanging file folder... maybe that would help you from the piles getting mixed up worse?

I like to think of it this way: Even libraries and archives have drawers full of random photos... it's that they HAVE the photos that is most important!
Hanging files sounds like a much better idea than the manila envelopes I use. Much easier access, for sure. One day, amongst my many half-finished and still-to-start projects, I might actually try your method!!

Sorry to hear about all your problems with cancer. Obviously, it takes more than that to keep you down, Kristin!
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #177

Quote:
Ah, yes, I see them both now too! Love the table setting!
Old 11-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #178
Gallery Gazer

Hello! Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day yesterday. I'm thankful for arriving home safe and sound after traveling up to CT Wednesday and spending time with family. It's our first time spending Thanksgiving away from home in a long time! It was fun (just no leftovers )

I actually did all 4 steps to the progressive digi challenge yesterday evening after getting back to our hotel room in CT after spending Thanksgiving with DH's sisters and their families. DH conks out by 8 p.m. usually so I got to spend a lot of time watching TV and scrapping for once with nothing else to do! And DGS opted to spend both days and nights with an Aunty whom he adores so it was really peaceful and quiet!

First Day of School

TFL!

Last edited by eeddmm; 11-29-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 11-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #179
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up ENABLER ALERT!

** I thought of all of my DIGI Scrapping friends when I got this, looks like maybe a good sale ....

Jessica Sprague Sale
Old 11-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #180
Mad Swapper

Since today is the last day of November, I thought I'd better post some of the layouts I did this month! Hoping to finish one more today.

The Land
Sunset at Epcot
Old 11-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #181
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via AIM to princessp1971

Well I set my monthly goal very low (4) thinking I could meet that. I finished 3 and only got one of those uploaded. lol We are in Florida and I am going to do nothing for the next 10 days except enjoy the warmer weather! Perfect way to wrap up this very rough year!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Aug.11/5 Sept 0/8 YTD 81/115
sewflake and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #182
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Bachelor's Degree in Scrapping, has been EARNED!

Up next: MASTER.

But first: SHARE!

MSM's B VSBN1113A - Bokek Tree by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113B - GWTW by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113C - Reindeer Games by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113D - Love these two! by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113E - Photobombed! by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113F - he said by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113G - Winter Sunset by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113H - boy's 16th birthday by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113I - Pike View, KY (DPS) by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113I - Pike View Baptist Church by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113I - Sand Hollow, Pike View, KY by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #183
Gallery Gazer

I have gotten another progressive challenge completed (even if it's a few months late )

Baseball Runnerups

TFL!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #184

I've got some pages done, but haven't posted them yet. Here's one I just finished:

Bottle Time
Old 11-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #185

Another dps I finished last week...

Rainbow Baby dps-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 11-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post

MSM's B VSBN1113A - Bokek Tree by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113B - GWTW by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113C - Reindeer Games by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113D - Love these two! by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113E - Photobombed! by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113F - he said by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113G - Winter Sunset by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113H - boy's 16th birthday by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113I - Pike View, KY (DPS) by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113I - Pike View Baptist Church by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MSM's B VSBN1113I - Sand Hollow, Pike View, KY by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!

Wow! Congrats on your pages, and especially earning your degree! Nice going!
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #187

O.K. Uploading this dps puts me one OVER my goal! Yay!!!

Right: Photo Shoot-rt-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Left: Photo Shoot-left-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DPS: Photo Shoot dps-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 12-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #188
Hardware Hotshot

Hokey Dina, Lady! Well done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post

Old 12-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #189
Hardware Hotshot

Woot Woot!! Well done!!!!

Quote:
O.K. Uploading this dps puts me one OVER my goal! Yay!!!

]
Old 12-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #190

Default Digi Challenge Master Lists UPDATED & more!

The digi challenge Master Lists have both been updated!! It should be easier for you to find prior challenges:

Variety Digiscrap Challenges Master List

Progressive Challenges Master List

In addition to our 4-week Progressive Challenges, we will be resuming a monthly Variety Progressive Challenge which will be posted on the second Tuesday of every month. Look for the first of these beginning on Tuesday, January 14th, 2014!

---------------------------