Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Cranked out 3 digi pages yesterday, working hard on catching up on my weekly 2013 pages! (tho these are all very recent, lol) TFL!
Week 41
Week 42
Week 43
2013: 141/75
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
sewflake and Scrappy48 like this post.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #42
Forum Fanatic

Hey scrappers, just a heads up that Cheryl's new sketch challenge is up on her blog. I'm the Guest this month - yippy! Ya'll gotta go check it out, great sketch - I really love how awesome her sketches are. Tooting my own horn? Yes, but you will enjoy the sketch challenge.
Lmn, Scrappy48 and daizees like this post.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

Tanya, your pages are super fantastic! Have you scrapped other years like that??
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #44
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Diane has posted Task #1 of the November Progressive Challenge. She's our hostess for the month! Looks like fun!!! Check it out here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t580504.html
Old 11-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #45
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink oh ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePanda View Post
Hey scrappers, just a heads up that Cheryl's new sketch challenge is up on her blog. I'm the Guest this month - yippy! Ya'll gotta go check it out, great sketch - I really love how awesome her sketches are. Tooting my own horn? Yes, but you will enjoy the sketch challenge.
Thanks JoyceAnn! Your page came out great! Always helpful to have more sketches and Cheryl's are good
Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Tanya, your pages are super fantastic! Have you scrapped other years like that??
Thank you Sharon! No, and in fact I am dismally behind... My husband was just commenting this week that I still have sheet protectors in scrapbooks, holding loose, unscrapped photos in chronological order, from before we got a digital camera in 2005! ...I know... LOL! (Before we had kids, we'd drop off a roll of film and I'd have it completely scrapped within a week...those were the days, haha!)
That's one reason I wanted to tackle this year this way. If nothing else, I'll have a summary of 2013! I have done more of course, scrapped events and things, but maybe I won't feel quite so behind? And honestly, I've got a big chunk to catch up on still from my laptop crashing early this summer..!
Scrappy48 likes this post.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #47
Mad Swapper

October was a bit of a bust for me, but I did get 5 layouts done, bringing my total up to 80. Only 20 more to go for the year, so I'll try for 10 this month. Hopefully I can get one done tomorrow between my dental appointment, lunch with hubby, homework with my boys, and evening Bible study. Why is life always so busy???
Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #48
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizees View Post
Thank you Sharon! No, and in fact I am dismally behind... My husband was just commenting this week that I still have sheet protectors in scrapbooks, holding loose, unscrapped photos in chronological order, from before we got a digital camera in 2005! ...I know... LOL! (Before we had kids, we'd drop off a roll of film and I'd have it completely scrapped within a week...those were the days, haha!)
That's one reason I wanted to tackle this year this way. If nothing else, I'll have a summary of 2013! I have done more of course, scrapped events and things, but maybe I won't feel quite so behind? And honestly, I've got a big chunk to catch up on still from my laptop crashing early this summer..!
Gosh Tanya, I never thought about putting the photos in the page protector to "hold the page". That's such a great idea! I did start getting them printed & in envelopes so they'd be ready to go when I was ready. When they're done I put them in a book to hold but have to move them. Thanks for the tip!

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Scrappy48 and daizees like this post.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #49
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via AIM to princessp1971

First page in a long time feels good to be scrapping again! Montly goal 1/4

Scraplift #1 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Aug.11/5 Sept 0/8 YTD 81/115
Lmn, Mary_Pat419 and daizees like this post.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #50
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Stamper View Post
Gosh Tanya, I never thought about putting the photos in the page protector to "hold the page". That's such a great idea! I did start getting them printed & in envelopes so they'd be ready to go when I was ready. When they're done I put them in a book to hold but have to move them. Thanks for the tip!
The problem with this method is that if you have TONS of unscrapped photos in your albums, then your album will look like this: <

Ask me how I know Also the pictures floating around in the page protectors sometimes will split the edge of the page protector...at least, some of mine did, but then that album is about 10 years old too and I'm just now scrapping parts of it. If you want to hold a place, I like to put a post-it note on the sheet protector and then I just slide in the pages when they're done. Just my .02.

Support the CreativeCrew! Join in some fun monthly challenges HERE

2014 Scrapbooking goal: 100 Pages; 72 Done
daizees likes this post.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy S. View Post
The problem with this method is that if you have TONS of unscrapped photos in your albums, then your album will look like this: <

Ask me how I know Also the pictures floating around in the page protectors sometimes will split the edge of the page protector...at least, some of mine did, but then that album is about 10 years old too and I'm just now scrapping parts of it. If you want to hold a place, I like to put a post-it note on the sheet protector and then I just slide in the pages when they're done. Just my .02.
hahaha...true story. But these books don't have tons of unscrapped pages, just a few....
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy S. View Post

The post-it note is a good idea too...anything to save the place so I'm not moving pages all the time.

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #53

I've got two more layouts done!

Texas

Shanghai Zoo

Old 11-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #54
Pearl-ExPert

One more for me...
Ogden Temple

Last night I spent some time reconstructing a Daily December digital scrapbook I had lost in a computer crash. I'm excited to get it printed!!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #55

Hi Everyone,
Decided to check in here. I have missed you all! Life has been way too busy this year, and I've made some decisions to see if I can change that. I resigned from my job of 4 years, with next week being my last official day. Every time I feel like I can maybe sit down and do some scrapbooking, I'm either too tired to wrap my head around it or something else comes up.

This morning I woke up having a crazy dream about chasing my husband from one area of the airport to another via phone calls and text messages, shoeless because I forgot my shoes on the plane, and knowing we were late for a wheelchair basketball game and being annoyed by the fact that I was just chasing... My husband is currently swamped at his job, so I think I'm just missing him - when he's home we just sit beside each other, too tired to talk, lol.

I've made a LOT of cards this year, mostly cranking out the same design in big sets. That's been fun. I haven't had time to take photos much, even on vacation, so I think my scrapbooking creativity is being a little bit stifled by a lack of photos that I WANT to scrapbook. I think next year I'm going to see if I can get into a weekly Project Life style of work. Journal/scrapbook. Could be fun!

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to check in and let you all know I haven't forgotten my crafty corner and my friends who live here. Missing you all!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Lmn, wendella247, sewflake and 4 others like this post.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #56
Mad Swapper

The first November Stash Busters Challenge is up. Come play!
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fries View Post
Hi Everyone,
Decided to check in here. I have missed you all! Life has been way too busy this year, and I've made some decisions to see if I can change that. I resigned from my job of 4 years, with next week being my last official day. Every time I feel like I can maybe sit down and do some scrapbooking, I'm either too tired to wrap my head around it or something else comes up.

This morning I woke up having a crazy dream about chasing my husband from one area of the airport to another via phone calls and text messages, shoeless because I forgot my shoes on the plane, and knowing we were late for a wheelchair basketball game and being annoyed by the fact that I was just chasing... My husband is currently swamped at his job, so I think I'm just missing him - when he's home we just sit beside each other, too tired to talk, lol.

I've made a LOT of cards this year, mostly cranking out the same design in big sets. That's been fun. I haven't had time to take photos much, even on vacation, so I think my scrapbooking creativity is being a little bit stifled by a lack of photos that I WANT to scrapbook. I think next year I'm going to see if I can get into a weekly Project Life style of work. Journal/scrapbook. Could be fun!

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to check in and let you all know I haven't forgotten my crafty corner and my friends who live here. Missing you all!

Been missing you here, Terri, but I've seen on your FB page that you've been swamped! Hope we'll be seeing more of you soon!
Lmn and Motherload like this post.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #58
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Wow

This has been a GREAT month for having several of our scrappy friends come back to join us

I'm hoping for some scrap time this weekend as I leave Monday for the next couple weeks so ... really looking forward to this weekend already!

Lots of GREAT challenges on my list ...

BTW .... Don't forget out VSBN this weekend!
princessp1971 likes this post.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #59

Woo HOOO! VSBN!! Maybe I find some mojo eh??

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
This has been a GREAT month for having several of our scrappy friends come back to join us

I'm hoping for some scrap time this weekend as I leave Monday for the next couple weeks so ... really looking forward to this weekend already!

Lots of GREAT challenges on my list ...

BTW .... Don't forget out VSBN this weekend!
Is there a new VSBN this weekend, Lela or are you referring to catching up on the last one??
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #61
Forum Fanatic

Here's the link to it. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...m-t580525.html
Old 11-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #62
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Terri, we enjoy your ramblings. Besides it takes a lot of words to let us know what has been going on in your life, especially a dream. Mine usually just leave impressions behind, nothing cohesive to write about.
I hope you are able to make a few changes for next year (quitting your job is a biggie) so you can take time to enjoy, reflect, and create.
You have been missed here and I too am looking forward to seeing more of your creations.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
Insane Embellisher

Goodness, it's been forever since I've been on here. The end of October was totally consumed by baseball for me and I was way too stressed watching my boys play ball to actually scrapbook at the same time.

Have many more busy weekends ahead of me, but I'm hoping to get caught up on all the posts that I missed and get going again this month (which is cruising along quickly).

Can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!
3Fries and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #64
Pearl-ExPert

Literally just finished two more digi pages and loaded them here! I also designed half a dozen cards today and prepped three of them for an upcoming class. My creativity is done for the day! I'm linking these and going to bed!

Week 19
Week 20
Old 11-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #65
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah! I started & finished the Stash Buster challenge yesterday which put me over my monthly & yearly goal

Hagerty

I also was able to start this month's Progressive Digi Challenge:

Progressive 18, Task 1
3Fries likes this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Mary Pat on meeting your yearly goal! Woot woot and toot toot!!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #67
Proud Fan Club Member

A couple of quick pages using Cricut cuts I had pieced a couple of weeks ago when CCR had their free cartridge to use for a week.

Work It
Old 11-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #68
Forum Fanatic

I just finished two pages for the VSBN Bachelors, on my 3rd now. Need to get them photographed. I decided I would do all the Bachelors level first so I meet that deadline which comes sooner.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #69

Forgot all about VSBN this weekend..........

Patti
Old 11-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #70

But I wouldn't have been able to play anyway due to hubby being in the hospital. He came home today. So maybe I can look over the challenges this week.

Patti
Old 11-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #71
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessp1971 View Post
But I wouldn't have been able to play anyway due to hubby being in the hospital. He came home today. So maybe I can look over the challenges this week.
Glad hubby is home, the hospital is not safe for someone who isn't feeling well. They are never allowed to sleep, get needles too often too.
Do hope he is feeling better and I'm sure you will be busy attending to him. Hope you get some down time later, the challenges are very fun!
I have completed 3 of them today and they are in my gallery if anyone is interested. Hugs!
Mary_Pat419 and princessp1971 like this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #72
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning! In my craft room for now and hoping it's for the day but we'll see . We had a very busy but fun family day yesterday so everyone is ready to have a quieter day today. I'm working on Friday's VSBN challenge. The other challenges look fun and hope to get to them too.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #73
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessp1971 View Post
You've had a tough year so I hope he's on the road to a quick recovery! Take care and hope to see some of your pages soon!
princessp1971 likes this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Here's Task 1 for the progressive challenge. I have to say the paper is prettier in color.

Art Work

Off to fix soup for dinner then I think I'll work on the Stash Buster's Challenge!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #75

Personal record, I finished EIGHT pages today!! The first one I'd had all done except for journaling, which hubs did this morning (yep, I got my husband to do journaling!) and the other three layouts I made start-to-finish TODAY. Woohoo!!!

Dolomite Mountain Hike

Merry! 1

Merry! 2

Venice 1

Mary_Pat419 and Crooked Stamper like this post.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness! I got a page done! This is for Cheryl's Stashbuster, and for the first VSBN challenge. MOM
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$19.25
Crooked Stamper likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #77
Gabfest Goddess

A dps from vsbn:

Ft Wilderness Parade
Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #78
Gabfest Goddess

Here is the November Inspiration Challenge
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
Proud Fan Club Member

Have a page done using several challenge options..

Azalea Trail
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #80
Hardware Hotshot

Posting from my phone. I was just thinking I miss actual scrapbooking. Sadly its the end of the year and I don't have pages to show for this year. I am coming back because I miss all the inspiration and support from everyone here. I will only finish a fww this month but looking ahead 2014 will be back on track. I am doing a December daily and then I will focus on catching up. Yay!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery