Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #121
Mad Swapper

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Have I ever told you I am thankful for SCS? It's so fun to come here (especially when I've had a hard day) and be inspired by all the beautiful artwork you gals create! Thanks for making my life a little richer. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #122
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Have I ever told you I am thankful for SCS? It's so fun to come here (especially when I've had a hard day) and be inspired by all the beautiful artwork you gals create! Thanks for making my life a little richer. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
I am thankful for all my SCS friends, too. And Cheryl, than you for the love on my scrappage today. Thank you to all of you for your encouraging comments. It is always nice to see someone looked at my page and took time to comment.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy week-end!
Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #123
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Happy Thanksgiving to my American Scrappy friends!!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #124
Pearl-ExPert

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Both my boys and their wives are here celebrating with us. Was unable to get youngest son's/DIL's wedding album done. My husband's brother passed away and we were in California for a week. Will check out everyone's post later today.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #125
Hardware Hotshot

Hola, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. happy scrapping!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Old 11-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #126
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRStamper View Post
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Both my boys and their wives are here celebrating with us. Was unable to get youngest son's/DIL's wedding album done. My husband's brother passed away and we were in California for a week. Will check out everyone's post later today.
Sorry to hear about your BIL but having your boys around probably helped.

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Where is everyone? I have been in my scrap room most of the day. I stamped and colored 15 each of 6 months of my gift calandars. Now, I have to think what stamps to use on the other 6 months.
I also have my a LO going for the MTF challenge, and still looking at Wendys challenge.
Anyone else get any crafting done today?

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #128
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon,

I don't know if you call cleaning out all the loose, scraped pages ready to be put in albums, crafting, but it got me orgainized and a few pages in albums. Then I found all the final pictures for that Christmas album and have them in plastic bags with papers ready to start scrapping as soon as I get hit with inspiration. I want to get if finished before Christmas as the same group is going to be here this year and I thought it might be fun for them to look back at 2009.
In fact I was just looking here and at scrapbook.com for inspiration to get me started. I did finish a couple more pages but there were quick and easy so I have not taken pictures of them yet.
I did find that finished progress digi challenge page that I did last month. I finished it during a crop in October and then it got buried in with all the other pages (which I did not photograph or post) I made.
So many pictures so little time to make hundreds and hundreds of layout!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #129
Gallery Gazer

I actually made 2 cards last night. DH went to CT for a 90th birthday party for his best friend's father this weekend so DGS and I were by ourselves. I've been sort of making cards for the ABC Challenge that SCS LaLatty does weekly (and Lela is on the DT). I've got to clear out a nice space to spread out when I make cards cause I can only do pretty plain things since I don't have working space. I even signed onto Photoshop Elements 11 to look at it again but I don't have any files on my laptop anymore since I had taken it to be restored. 11 is quite different from 7 and 9 that I had previously. I'm glad the extra CD was with the bundle to give me some insight of what was different and boy is some of it different!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #130
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning! Still no crafty time for me but it's been a wonderful weekend with DH & children so all is good. I'm hoping this is the week since I need to get my cookie swap invites made and sent out by Wednesday. Also am making plans to be in NJ/PA for Christmas with my family for the 1st time since moving here in 2001...a different kinda Christmas with traveling but the kiddo's aren't worried about Santa finding them anymore so it's going to be an adventure . I hope to get more time later this afternoon/evening to visit the gallery and maybe squeeze in a bit of card making...'see' you all later!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #131
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
Good Morning! Still no crafty time for me but it's been a wonderful weekend with DH & children so all is good. I'm hoping this is the week since I need to get my cookie swap invites made and sent out by Wednesday. Also am making plans to be in NJ/PA for Christmas with my family for the 1st time since moving here in 2001...a different kinda Christmas with traveling but the kiddo's aren't worried about Santa finding them anymore so it's going to be an adventure . I hope to get more time later this afternoon/evening to visit the gallery and maybe squeeze in a bit of card making...'see' you all later!
Hope you get good weather for traveling...lately it's been January or February before the snow comes so I'll pray it doesn't come this year until then too! Although I'd like it to come right before Christmas since I got chosen AGAIN this year on the 19th to go to Philly for Federal Jury duty. It didn't happen last year the week after Christmas and they reserved the right to call me again with the year. Couldn't believe it when I got the notice last month. At least this year I won't have to worry about work since I don't have any to go to this time around...will just have to worry about DGS and his schedule but he'll be at school for most of the day so DH can handle that part.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #132
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I finally finished my page for Pattyb's challenge (DGSC090) to create a vintage page using her "recipe" and sample ad:

Over the Hill???
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #133
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Hope you get good weather for traveling...lately it's been January or February before the snow comes so I'll pray it doesn't come this year until then too! Although I'd like it to come right before Christmas since I got chosen AGAIN this year on the 19th to go to Philly for Federal Jury duty. It didn't happen last year the week after Christmas and they reserved the right to call me again with the year. Couldn't believe it when I got the notice last month. At least this year I won't have to worry about work since I don't have any to go to this time around...will just have to worry about DGS and his schedule but he'll be at school for most of the day so DH can handle that part.
What is this about jury duty, anyway?? I got chosen twice in 13 months. If it had been within the 12 months, I wouldn't have had to go. And I always get chosen! Mine wasn't federal, though. And it wasn't at Christmas time either. What luck!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #134

Yay! I made my goal for the YEAR yesterday!!! The rest from now until the end of December will just be gravy!! (I love gravy, too! lol)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #135
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Yay! I made my goal for the YEAR yesterday!!! The rest from now until the end of December will just be gravy!! (I love gravy, too! lol)
Congrats! I love gravy too
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #136
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
LOL! I do not want snow while traveling but would like some snow for Christmas; not me personally but my girls would love it...we don't see much here in Florida ! Hopefully you won't get called to do anything and be done but then again, some cases would be interesting to be a juror...for me though I wouldn't want one that involved a death.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #137
Gabfest Goddess

Congrats on making your goal Wendy!

I'm partly crafty today, I'm working on the typing part of our Cookie Exchange invitation. I've been busy on the computer contacting teachers and planning our travels. We're going to spend a few days in D.C. on the way to my mom's in south Jersey; we'll actually be doing Christmas Eve & Christmas day in PA at my brothers. This is the first time we'll be traveling with our dog so the only other reservation I need to make is for the hotel 1/2 way up and 1/2 way back by DH needs to figure out where he thinks we'll end up. I'm happy to be visiting family but all that driving is not my cup of tea.

Okay, done taking a break and off to work on my 'To Do' list!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #138

Quote:
Woo Hoooo! Great job Wendy!!!!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #139

I have a list of challenges I want to get to work on, but first I really need to put a little effort into making some Christmas cards - because I really WANT to. I had to clarify for myself in my small brain that yes, I really do want to because I've sort of become overtaken with the obligation of Christmas cards over the years. I actually did a Stampin Up workshop on Saturday and in prepping for it I had a ton of fun hauling out the paper and embellishments!

Wendy - I'm only three pages from my yearly goal too and I'm determined to share some of that gravy with you!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #140
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Congrats!! Nothing better than a little gravy.

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #141

Default Task 4 -Progressive Challenge

I've just posted the final task for the November Progressive Challenge, since I'll be out of the house early tomorrow morning:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t565003.html
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #142
Pearl-ExPert

I don't think I've managed to get back on here since the last time I shared some pages. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend, or just a great weekend if you live elsewhere in the world, lol! We got to spend time with both our parents and some of our siblings so that's always nice. My husband started a new job today, but is spending his evenings finishing up responsibilities at his old job til Friday, argh. And we've been passing around a real lovely cold, haha.

I have been working on a calendar for our parents again for Christmas, using My Digital Studio software, and have 5 pages and the cover done. Of course its the autumn month pages that are done becuase those are the most recent, and thus most fun photos, LOL! But I'm having fun playing!
I was also fiddling with our Christmas card, which I'm doing digitally this year, despite the fact that I am holding a card class, haha!

2013 Cover
July
August
September
October
November
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #143
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizees View Post
I don't think I've managed to get back on here since the last time I shared some pages. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend, or just a great weekend if you live elsewhere in the world, lol! We got to spend time with both our parents and some of our siblings so that's always nice. My husband started a new job today, but is spending his evenings finishing up responsibilities at his old job til Friday, argh. And we've been passing around a real lovely cold, haha.

I have been working on a calendar for our parents again for Christmas, using My Digital Studio software, and have 5 pages and the cover done. Of course its the autumn month pages that are done becuase those are the most recent, and thus most fun photos, LOL! But I'm having fun playing!
I was also fiddling with our Christmas card, which I'm doing digitally this year, despite the fact that I am holding a card class, haha!

2013 Cover
July
August
September
October
November
I like your pages...I love how your DD's hair was done for Halloween. Was she the girl from Harry Potter? She really looked like her!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #144
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizees View Post

2013 Cover
July
August
September
October
November

These are so cute. I love your DD's face scooping out the pumpkin!! My DGS won't even do his, I have too...LOL!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #145
Pearl-ExPert

Yep Terry, she was Hermione. We used things we had around the house and she was a little worried that people wouldn't know it was her- like the scarf wasn't actually a Gryffindor scarf, the wand was from something else, etc, but she was more recognizable than her brother, LOL!
And Lou Ann, I hate the pumpkin guts too, but she's always cracked me up. The first year she was about 2 and so excited to help, and then cried when she got her hands in there, haha!
And thank you all for the sweet comments! I WILL be back!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #146
Pearl-ExPert

Here's the final version for the Progressive Challenge 6. I think this is my 9th page this month!! Since I have photos ready for at least 8 more SB pages it's going to be hard but I've got to work on my Christmas cards!!!

Nov Progressive Challenge Task 4 - Face Painting at the Zoo by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #147
Hardware Hotshot

Haven't made it into gallery till now. Nice to see all your beautiful pages.
Christmas is almost here. I have a zillion projects going ( frazzled!) mostly gifts to finish this week and last of Christmas by Dec.6. Participating in a Christmas craft fair on the 8th. Can't wait to show you my Christmas lo's, Dec. Daily too.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Old 11-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamcan View Post
Haven't made it into gallery till now. Nice to see all your beautiful pages.
Christmas is almost here. I have a zillion projects going ( frazzled!) mostly gifts to finish this week and last of Christmas by Dec.6. Participating in a Christmas craft fair on the 8th. Can't wait to show you my Christmas lo's, Dec. Daily too.
You sound busy!!!! What are you selling in the craft fair?

I have been working on our women's Misinstry Christmas Tea. It is this Saturday, so after that I will have more time to craft. I have also been working on gift calandars. Today, not crafting though, as I am taking DM to dr. I am spending more time with her as she seems to be loosing her vivaciousness. Sometimes 3 or 4 days a week with her. I hope she can continue to live independently. I can't picture the other. It is difficult to write about it. I didn't realize that until I was trying to express what is going on.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #149
Mad Swapper

The new Scrapbook Variety Challenge is posted! Have fun!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #150
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post

I have been working on our women's Misinstry Christmas Tea. It is this Saturday, so after that I will have more time to craft. I have also been working on gift calandars. Today, not crafting though, as I am taking DM to dr. I am spending more time with her as she seems to be loosing her vivaciousness. Sometimes 3 or 4 days a week with her. I hope she can continue to live independently. I can't picture the other. It is difficult to write about it. I didn't realize that until I was trying to express what is going on.

Sharon
I'm sorry to hear about your DM. I've been there so I know what you're going through & how you feel!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #151
Proud Fan Club Member

Here are a couple of pages that fits the variety challenge theme plus gets me closer to finishing my album before Christmas. I REALLY have to get it finished in the next couple of week as I don't want anyone to wonder why they were left out.

Jingle All the Way
Old 11-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #152
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Sharon, I can understand what you are going through. My mom is fast approching that same time in her life. I will be needing to spend a lot more time taking her to all her appointments as well as shopping, in the very near future.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #153
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Sharon
Oh Sharon, so sorry. Part of our trip north is to see how my mom is making out. My brother wants her to move with him or in a Senior facility but she's adamant. Her health is not the best but my cousin just moved back from Ireland and is living with her indefinitely. I need to go, chit chat, then evaluate...then sit with my brother (not a fun time). I hope your mother stays healthy and perks up in the next few days. Prayers for you both!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #154
Gabfest Goddess

Red face Whiners Alert

*whinning* I wanna play!!! I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I have so much to do that I'm not even getting to look in the gallery. Everytime I forsee crafty time it drifts away like the mist...one of these days I'll get to play...okay, done whinning now .
Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks to all your kind comments on my DM situation. She will be going in for the test, where they stick the scope down your esophogus and other tests in a week. She gets so hungry, but eats two bites, then can't eat anymore and has lost so much weight. So that is why they are doing the tests! She has lost so much weight, and I have gained it all!!!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #156
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Thanks to all your kind comments on my DM situation. She will be going in for the test, where they stick the scope down your esophogus and other tests in a week. She gets so hungry, but eats two bites, then can't eat anymore and has lost so much weight. So that is why they are doing the tests! She has lost so much weight, and I have gained it all!!!

Sharon
Will definitely keep you both in our prayers and hoping for the best for her.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #157
Gallery Gazer

I got the email for the new Weekly Inkling and saw that the technique this week was for dry embossing and lo and behold, I had just decided to make Christmas cards using that same technique! So I take that as a sign I was to make that style of card At least with the instructions, it gave me another idea on how to use the brayer to make the gluing part a bit easier! I was trying to think how to put glue on all the embossed snowflakes with a pen but the brayer will work SO much better!

About an hour to go before I become the next multimillionaire by winning the Powerball drawing Good luck to all who bought tickets for tonight's drawing!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #158

My page tonight got me to my November goal of 10 pages! Yay!! AND, I'm just one page from my yearly goal of 120! Too bad I spend more time scrappin' than makin' cards, LOL.

Here's what I did tonight:

3Fries Elsie Juliette by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #159

Quote:
I got the email for the new Weekly Inkling and saw that the technique this week was for dry embossing and lo and behold, I had just decided to make Christmas cards using that same technique! So I take that as a sign I was to make that style of card At least with the instructions, it gave me another idea on how to use the brayer to make the gluing part a bit easier! I was trying to think how to put glue on all the embossed snowflakes with a pen but the brayer will work SO much better!

About an hour to go before I become the next multimillionaire by winning the Powerball drawing Good luck to all who bought tickets for tonight's drawing!
Did you win the millions???

Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #160
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Just heard the big winners were in Arizona & Missouri. Hope you at least won a free ticket...hmmm,isn't Wendy in Az?