Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 03-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, lots of posts since yesterday! Feels like old times.

Sara, welcome to our thread! When you post a layout in the gallery, don't forget to come here and link it up so we can check it out and leave comments. I know everyone likes to get a little love and appreciation for their hard work, right?

Lela, I am in the same spot as you with lack of mojo but I am hoping a weekend away with a bunch of crafty ladies will jump-start my creativity. Of course, I will try to play along with your VSBN challenges, and the scraplift, and the sketch . . .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Elizabeth G. and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-15-2017, 05:19 AM   #82
Hardware Hotshot

Got another one completed yesterday: I'm Your #1 Fan
Unread 03-15-2017, 07:17 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
I have to confess while I LOVE the idea of a monthly VSBN I find them too restrictive for the way I scrap, and end up not doing any.
Sometimes challenges are like that. The Feb VSBN was a problem for me since I felt many were geared toward a romantic tone and I have no photos in that category to scrap. Only made two myself. But, hey, I'm okay with that because I do usually find some part of the challenge will trigger a spark of inspiration.

We are halfway through March and I am feeling confident about meeting my personal goal. I've been on a roll and can't live without ducking into my craft room to do something scrappy! Hope the crafty spirit sweeps over those of you who seem to be missing out on your mojo! Right now I'm waiting on Glitter Glue to dry so I can take a photo. Now back in for another VSBN challenge using the colors of the Villanova" team - haha
Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Page Goals: YTD=57; June= 9/8
S2S=-$8
Elizabeth G., smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #84
Insane Embellisher

Halfway through the month already? Geez... I can't believe it! How is everyone doing with their goals?
Welcome Sara! I have only just discovered this great group a couple months ago and have found so much encouragement within this place. I love seeing all the different styles here and feel like that has helped me try different things on my pages. I like the VSBN challenges bc I find them pushing me to look at my pages, pictures, and craft stash with new eyes. I like how we can have very different pages with the same basic directions. I haven't done all 5 in any month yet, but I'm feeling good about the March Madness completion with only one to go and an idea forming for it. I'm new to following sketches and had never done a scraplift before until recently, but really enjoy working through an interpretation of another's work and I want to do it justice! I think I made that harder on myself than it needs to be, but it's all part of the learning process.
Since a few of our own are talking about looking for mojo, what does everyone do when they feel stuck?
Elizabeth G., AnniePanda and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #85
Kookie Creator

Default Mojo inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleysgirl View Post
Halfway through the month already? Geez... I can't believe it! How is everyone doing with their goals?
Since a few of our own are talking about looking for mojo, what does everyone do when they feel stuck?
Hi Amy...I'm not doing so well with my monthly goal and it was a small one
Lot happening this end this month but I'm just about to head up into my craft room and see if I can get something happening ��

I watch a lot of videos and subscribe to a lot of cardmaking sites....some designers I note are regulars on this site so I feel a little intimated as my creative work is very basic, but I've found everyone so encouraging and I keep telling myself it doesn't matter...its just my work and what I like. Apart from videos, I go through old magazines and books. Pintrest, FB.....wherever I can find something to motivate me. The biggest inspiration I'm finding is this group so I thank you all for that. You are amazing ladies and love seeing your LOs.

Happy week and creating. Good luck with your monthly goal. Hugs from Australia
Elizabeth G., smadson and Shirleysgirl like this post.
Unread 03-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #86
Insane Embellisher

Here's my last two pages already posted in VSBN thread. I'm inching up on my goal for the month.
Goodbye StL by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Hello Country by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

To answer Jayne's comment above:
I think it is easy to find yourself intimated by all the talent on this site and other blogs and designer sites around, but that doesn't make your own work any less special! Because it's yours and the people who are going to enjoy this the most (besides yourself) are your loved ones and they are going to LOVE what you have done because it was YOU who did it!!!

I like looking at the galleries here and Pinterest as well for ideas, but I find it sometimes has the opposite effect for me and I lose too much creative time by trying to do something that isn't really me or I just get lost in how great everything else looks. I am also very basic in my work. I let the pictures take me somewhere down the path to wherever they lead. And I like to cram a lot of pictures on so I can't get too fancy anyway because I'm out of room! Ha!
Having my pictures printed and sorted is the biggest thing to keep me on track. If I have to stop to go digging for a picture that puts a halt on the creative energy because I HATE looking for things!!!! But when I'm really stuck the best thing I do is share an album I have already done with someone else. That reminds me of the purpose behind all this all over again and that alone stimulates my drive to be like Dory and just keep swimming!
Happy scrapping!

March 16/20 YTD 74
Unread 03-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #87
Kookie Creator

Hi Amy....well done on 2 more. I'm still online but I am going to craft...just printing the scrap sketch Your LOs are lovely and very vibrant.
Your comments are spot on. When I did my first album for our eldest boy for his 21st many years ago, I wasn't sure what he would think. We had had some challenging times with him and I found doing the album reminded me of all the positive times together. He absolutely loved it and I'll always remember his face when he was going through it. Then our other boys asked if they would also get one. I'm a big fan of hiding journalling, so the boys will find special notes from us, if they haven't done so far.
You are also right about getting lost on Pintrest and galleries. I waste a lot of time watching videos when I could be creating but without them I wouldn't have learnt new techniques I guess. Catch 22.
Thanks again for sharing your LOs....and now I must print off the sketch and do what I intended today. Hopefully I will have something to share with you all later or tomorrow.
Happy day and scrapping. jx
Elizabeth G. and Shirleysgirl like this post.
Unread 03-16-2017, 05:39 AM   #88
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
This happens to me many times during the year. Once I even took a scrap break for a year plus! I have learned that when I get stuck, I put whatever I'm working on to the side and move on to different photos. For example, this week, I started a birthday layout, but it just wasn't coming together like I hoped, so I started something different.

I actually have a specific plastic container that I put these items in to come back to. It has layouts that I get stuck on or that aren't completed with journaling, etc. Some layouts in there are over 5 years old! So, I put all the papers, embellishments, etc into the bin.

For inspiration, I use this site, my old magazines, my favorite sketch sites and most recently pinterest. If I see a page I like, I usually mimic or copy it! I am not good at making my own layouts, so I rely on others to do that for me.

I also have a lot of different types of photos printed and I go through those occasionally and scrap whatever speaks to me.

What works best to keep me 'on track' is having a goal on this site. Writing down my goal helps me hold myself accountable. Sometimes I reach my goal and sometimes I don't. If I don't, I try harder the next month.

I feel like I've been rambling. I hope that it somewhat makes sense! Ha ha!

Happy scrappin!
smadson, Shirleysgirl and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #89
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via AIM to princessp1971

Welcome Sara! Glad you found us, I look forward to seeing your pages!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Jun 6/10 YTD 61/120
Elizabeth G. likes this post.
Unread 03-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #90
Hardware Hotshot

Jayne, I just pulled out some pictures that I will be using this months sketch with and the tag I plan on using is done will Oxide inks. I will make a note when I get it done and post.

Welcome Sara, I am on again off again here during the year... so far more on that off this site in 2017. Looking forward to your pages.

Goal 2017- 88/200 layout (50/50 cards) J/29, F/25, M14 A8 M12
Unread 03-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #91
Hardware Hotshot

When I need mojo I go clean... doesn't take long before I am back at the desk working on something rather than cleaning!!!

Unread 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #92
Hardware Hotshot

Post Goal Reached!

I am happy to report that I reached my March goal today I wanted to reach it before my folks come to visit, which is tomorrow. (yay!)

My first one is the final page in my Iceland album: Until Next Time

The last 2 layouts are from my "to do later" bin that I mentioned earlier. It felt great to move them from that bin to the "completed" bin!
Boxing Day Sledding

Peace

Thanks for all your inspiration this month! I will be checking in on your work and will be back to play in about a week.

I am sending the rest of my mojo for the month to you lovely ladies!!
Motherload, Shirleysgirl and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is #4 for March VSBN.
Going to the zoo tomorrow! May not end up scrapping. Still have a lot of time left to finish VSBN.
Fan Club Member
S2S=-$8
Unread 03-17-2017, 04:33 AM   #94
Kookie Creator

Default Sketch17Mar, VSBN17Mar

Selection Sunday....School First to Last by Ozpom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my "2 days to create LO" for the March sketch and also Challenge #1 - Recipe for the March VSBN. Title is "School First to Last" as it depicts the first day of High School for our youngest boy with the last small photo being his final Yr 12 shot. Sorry, I don't have all 4x6 photos. Hope this is ok. The photos were taken at our previous home, as well as official photographs from school. His bedroom in those days is very different to the one he has now as a 27 year old!

For the Recipe I used:
Scraps
Stamps
Six Photos
Sentiment
Shoes in the Photo
Something Shiny
Something Silver
Sketch

Phew....sorry, I overdid the "pudding".

I'm also putting this LO forward for 2 challenges, so double dipping the recipe too

I so had fun creating this and thank Cheryl for the sketch. Loved it. Hopefully you can still see the original in my LO.

I've now created 3 pages for this month...yay.
YTD: 15
1 to go to achieve my monthly goal.

I've got an idea for Challenge #2 but first I have to find the photos. When you read my post on this LO you will understand my pain.

Happy Friday everyone and weekend. Thank you for taking time to look at my LO.
Unread 03-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #95
Hardware Hotshot

I ending up not using the tag I made with the Oxide inks on my layout, it just looked too much like a giant person hovering over the smaller photos!! I will post the tag all on its own. Maybe someday I will find a use for it! in the meantime here is the layout I thought it would work on. I replaced the tag with another photo...

This Way

Shirleysgirl and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #96
Hardware Hotshot

Here is the tag that I tried to fit into the sketch challenge but found it too big for this one! I might have to have bigger prints made so I can use it!!

Away to the Beach

princessp1971, Shirleysgirl and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my layout for the VSBN final challenge!
1st Costume in Phoenix by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fan Club Member
S2S=-$8
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #98
Pearl-ExPert

I found a super cure for my lack of mojo: go on a scrapbook retreat that I spent money to attend so I would feel guilty if I didn't get something done - LOL! I managed to get 10 pages scrapped despite being with a group of very chatty ladies. Tons of fun, and I will try to get the layouts posted in the gallery and catch up on leaving love this week.
Unread 03-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #99
Kookie Creator

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
I found a super cure for my lack of mojo: go on a scrapbook retreat that I spent money to attend so I would feel guilty if I didn't get something done - LOL! I managed to get 10 pages scrapped despite being with a group of very chatty ladies. Tons of fun, and I will try to get the layouts posted in the gallery and catch up on leaving love this week.
Wow...10 pages. Awesome! I was invited to a CTMH workshop over the weekend and couldn't go but still managed to spend money without attending. I'm hopeless, and now a friend has become a SU demonstrator so I'm helping her with her first order. I've also just found out there's a scrapbook store I've never been to here that sells some beautiful things..guess who is heading down there this week. It's sad isn't it I have given myself a good talking to and will only buy things I can use on my scrapbook pages/cards/art journals....LOL! I'm going to be in trouble!

Beautiful day here today. We went and visited Sculptures by the Sea and started birthday celebrations with friends for my hubby...lunch overlooking the ocean. Perfect photos to scrap one day

Would love to hear how you all spent your weekend wherever you are around the world.
Happy week everyone
Unread 03-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

My double page layout using flight photos.
Florida - Arizona Flight by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fan Club Member
S2S=-$8
Ozpom likes this post.
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #101
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Weekend Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpom View Post
Would love to hear how you all spent your weekend wherever you are around the world.
Happy week everyone
*** had a good time this weekend up in Michigan at the Men's Gymnastics State Meet (my son is a Coach). Lot's of fun to see the boys

*** Since I'm a BIG March Madness Fan ... I watched a lot of Basketball too!

*** I have some of the new CTMH paper on the way (will arrive tomorrow) but I realized I'm SO FAR behind on printing picts ...ugh. Next weekend headed to a Craft Event for Saturday Morning so I'm hoping that boosts my MOJO like it did for Cheryl

Actually home this week so that's another Yay!
Unread 03-24-2017, 09:33 AM   #102
Gallery Gazer

Hi! Just got an email for CKC in Lancaster on July 7 & 8.

Is anyone planning on attending this year? I'm considering it since we don't have any vacation plans at this time this year.
Unread 03-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #103
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Happy Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Hi! Just got an email for CKC in Lancaster on July 7 & 8.

Is anyone planning on attending this year? I'm considering it since we don't have any vacation plans at this time this year.
LOL! I was just looking through the Class List to check out what they had going this year. I'm thinking about coming over
eeddmm likes this post.
Unread 03-25-2017, 12:39 AM   #104
Kookie Creator

Default Lead Don't Follow

Challenge sbc17Mar

Here's another LO for March. Unfortunately it will be my last this month as we start celebrations for my hubby's 60th starting in about 2 hours and will be away during the week. The good news is I've achieved my goal of 4 LO's...yay. I'm also submitting this LO into the Mixed Media challenge.

Thanks for looking. Happy weekend everyone. Take care

Lead Don't Follow by Ozpom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-25-2017 at 12:42 AM..
Motherload and Shirleysgirl like this post.
Unread 03-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #105
Insane Embellisher

Not sure who is scrapping today, but I just saw that Creative Memories is having a virtual crop on Facebook that starts...um in 2 minutes :0 If anyone is interested in joining in it goes on today. They post challenges at 9,11,1,3,5 Central time. You can post your page and might be picked to win some stuff. I did the one in January and had fun and got quite a few pages done. Not sure how much I will do today because my chore list is rather long today. Happy Saturday!
If you want to participate...Just go to Facebook and type in Creative Memories Virtual Crop if interested. You click on link that you are interested and go from there.
Lmn, smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #106
Proud Fan Club Member

Amy, thanks for reminding me! I got on and did this LO, but didn't put it on Facebook. Couldn't figure it out! LOL Now I have 2 pages over my goal for March! Yea!

SBC17Mar River Walk sm by smadson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

S2S 2017: +70.28 as of 05/31/17
Srapbook pages 45/100 as of 05/31/17
Shirleysgirl and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #107
Proud Fan Club Member

Amy, I did figure it out and put it on late.

Shirleysgirl likes this post.
Unread 03-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #108
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yup

Quote:
Not sure who is scrapping today, but I just saw that Creative Memories is having a virtual crop on Facebook that starts...um in 2 minutes :0 If anyone is interested in joining in it goes on today. They post challenges at 9,11,1,3,5 Central time. You can post your page and might be picked to win some stuff. I did the one in January and had fun and got quite a few pages done. Not sure how much I will do today because my chore list is rather long today. Happy Saturday!
If you want to participate...Just go to Facebook and type in Creative Memories Virtual Crop if interested. You click on link that you are interested and go from there.
Me! Me! I haven't posted any layouts on their facebook yet but I do try to play along with their Virtual Crops, always fun! I was gone for most of the day but did do a couple pages from their challenges so far ...

**Happy Dance** My MOJO has returned It came back last night and I got some cards done ...
Unread 03-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #109
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink It's Monday ... Almost

well... I had a fun weekend. I went to a CTMH Event in Detroit, cleaned out some closets and packed for my trip to Las Vegas/Reno next week. I also cleaned and organized my Stamp/Scrap Space. I finished up some pages (whew!) .... Happy to have my MOJO back! I hope I get to finish more pages before I head out ...

Scrap On ....
Motherload, Shirleysgirl and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #110
Insane Embellisher

Glad to hear Mojo has returned for Lela and Cheryl!

I did 6 pages this weekend and hit my goal for the month. I only did one for the CM Virtual crop and didn't post it since I finished it later in the day. I may go back and look at the rest of the challenges and see what inspires me for later.

Here are 5 of 6 that I completed. One may be too incriminating for online content

Moving Party by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Moving party with the kids by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Kid pyramid by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Group shot plus trouble by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

March 22/20 YTD 80
Unread 03-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #111
Proud Fan Club Member

Great job Amy on all your LOs!

Shirleysgirl likes this post.
Unread 03-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

I've been posting some layouts for VSBN, but I didn't add them to this thread and thought I should do that for those who aren't participating in VSBN. I also finished up another non-VSBN layout, so here's my bomb!

Yosemite 2012
Washburn Point
Taft Point
Ozpom likes this post.
Unread 03-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #113
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
LOL! I was just looking through the Class List to check out what they had going this year. I'm thinking about coming over
Great! I just got the email to sign up early so I might do that just so I can actually get something done this year! If I take the time to do it, I'm sure I'll get 'er done You'll have to come see our new shop if you come.
Unread 03-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #114
Hardware Hotshot

I think I have been sleeping my day away since this time change. I end up staying up latter and sleeping in each day!! I use to get my best work done between 7 and 9 AM now I am barely up before 9!!!

Time to run out for DGD will bbl.

eeddmm likes this post.
Unread 03-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #115
Gallery Gazer

OK. Question for you guys. It's been a long time since I've purchased any card making or scrapbooking supplies. I just signed up for a bunch of classes for the upcoming CKC convention and one of the supplies suggested is "dobbers (an array of colors)".

To me, the only dobbers I'm familiar with are the kind to play bingo with or perhaps the little thing that fits on your finger with a sponge on the end of it.... this description makes it seem like it has to do with ink. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Unread 03-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #116
Proud Fan Club Member

You are right, dobbers are the finger things with sponges. But there are also TH distress paint dobbers, which is actually a little container of paint that has a sponge applicator as its top. A distress paint dobber. Have three of those. Hope this helps.

Unread 03-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

This may be my last page for this month, even though we have a couple more days left.
Shading Practice by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fan Club Member
S2S=-$8
Ozpom likes this post.
Unread 03-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #119
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
OK. Question for you guys. It's been a long time since I've purchased any card making or scrapbooking supplies. I just signed up for a bunch of classes for the upcoming CKC convention and one of the supplies suggested is "dobbers (an array of colors)".

To me, the only dobbers I'm familiar with are the kind to play bingo with or perhaps the little thing that fits on your finger with a sponge on the end of it.... this description makes it seem like it has to do with ink. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
They really called them dobbers? That's an interesting spelling, since my understanding is they were daubers, from the idea of daubing ink on paper, etc. But I guess anything goes in this age of texting and making up your own words and spelling for everything!
AnniePanda and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 03-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #120
Hardware Hotshot

Terry, they are a little ambiguous in their description for that class! If you don't have any of the sponge dauber topped inks that Sharon was describing you would probably want to take the finger daubers with ink...they could not possibly mean the bingo color things could they??? Too bad you can't get better information for the supply list!