Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #81
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Here is another page for July. I used Sallys July 1st sketch.
Letterboxing on Stone Mt

Lela, I hope you are doing well!

Sharon
Sharon, can you tell us a little about letterboxing? Never heard of it before, so I was curious when I read the title on your page!

Check out the SCS Scrapbook Challenges!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #82
Mad Swapper

I finished another scrapbook layout, this time using Patti's Thursday challenge. It was fun but not as easy as I thought it would be to incorporate all the elements. Here it is, and thanks for a great challenge, Patti.

Play Time
Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Sharon, can you tell us a little about letterboxing? Never heard of it before, so I was curious when I read the title on your page!
Wendy, here is the short version: About Letterboxing:
( a quote from the website)

" Letterboxing is an intriguing pastime combining artistic ability with delightful "treasure-hunts" in beautiful, scenic places that the whole family can enjoy. Participants seek out hidden letterboxes by following clues, and then record their discovery in their personal journal with the help of a rubber stamp that's part of the letterbox. In addition, letterboxers have their own personal stamps which they use to stamp into the letterbox's logbook."

Here is the website: Atlas Quest: A Letterboxing Community

My daughter got me into it. She found out about it in a children's magazine for children's fun activities. Believe you me though, it is an adult thing!
Lots of grandmas and grandpas doing this! Check it out. Goes hand in hand with stamping.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 15/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +$179.47
Old 07-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #84
Gallery Gazer

This will probably be the last page for a bit. Gotta start cleaning up and repacking so we can be ready to leave early in the am for the trip home. It's been great scrapping every day though!

Did this page for Patti's Thursday challenge and then after it was done and I started to upload, I realized I forgot ribbon so I had to go back in and revise it.

First Set of Wheels?

TFL!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #85
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
It was a very weird storm--we didn't see it at all and were surprised to wake up to the news talking about it. Friends two towns over got it and friends in Tempe said their pool was entirely covered with dirt. That's the way the weather is here in AZ--you could have rain two blocks away and not get it at your house!
I'm happy to hear that it missed you. I saw video of it on You Tube and I'm hoping I can say the same that it missed our place!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 07-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #86
Insane Embellisher

Hope you are feeling better soon, Lela!

Ladies, please say a little prayer for me and my grandmother...grandmother has to have surgery a week from tomorrow. She has a tumor in her colon...they did a biopsy and it is benign (praise God!) But, the doctor said it is a tough surgery to recover from...

Also, a week ago, I had a DR appointment and they ran some blood tests for thyroid and other things. My follow-up was scheduled for August 8th BUT the nurse called me on Friday to schedule me for Monday (tomorrow) instead...so, I am not sure what the deal is but I have spent all weekend worrying about it...obviously there is SOMETHING since they moved me up...so, we will see.

As for scrapbooking, hoping to have some time this week!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becabooh View Post

Ladies, please say a little prayer for me and my grandmother...grandmother has to have surgery a week from tomorrow. She has a tumor in her colon...they did a biopsy and it is benign (praise God!) But, the doctor said it is a tough surgery to recover from...

Also, a week ago, I had a DR appointment and they ran some blood tests for thyroid and other things. My follow-up was scheduled for August 8th BUT the nurse called me on Friday to schedule me for Monday (tomorrow) instead...so, I am not sure what the deal is but I have spent all weekend worrying about it...obviously there is SOMETHING since they moved me up...so, we will see.

Oh Rebekah, I will say a prayer for you. Already did.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 07-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #88
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Sharon!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #89
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Thanks

Quote:

Thanks Bekah! I have a slight complication that I'm going back into the hospital for tomorrow. Hope to be back home on Tuesday.

I'll pray for you tomorrow for your appointment and your Grandma as well. This surgery stuff is tough stuff no matter what age you are
Old 07-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #90
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via AIM to princessp1971

Lela prayers to you that things gowell today and you are soon out of the hospital and feeling great

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Mar 15/12 Apr 10/0 YTD 14/111
Old 07-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #91

Bekah prayers to your gramma and to you for good reports!

Patti
Old 07-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Default July 11 Inspiration Challenge

Whohoo girls! I posted my first challenge all by myself! Here is today's Inspiration Challenge!
Have fun!
Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member

Last edited by smadson; 07-11-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #93
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Whohoo girls! I posted my first challenge all by myself! Here is today's Inspiration Challenge!
Have fun!
Sharon
Good one Sharon! Both boys in my house HAVE to have their ice cream before bedtime and if DGS doesn't get it, he throws a fit! And it's got to have cherries and whipped cream on top or it's just NOT good enough...
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #94
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for the prayers, Ladies! Nothing terribly alarming at the Doctor...vitamin D is low, metabolic syndrome (which I already knew) and Hashimoto's (hypo-thyroidism)...so, now we treat and re test and all that fun stuff...
Old 07-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers, Ladies! Nothing terribly alarming at the Doctor...vitamin D is low, metabolic syndrome (which I already knew) and Hashimoto's (hypo-thyroidism)...so, now we treat and re test and all that fun stuff...
Glad to hear, not too alarming...I don't know what metablolic syndrome or hypo-thyroidism is. So, you are saying, you knew all that? And the treament and retesting, you knew were coming? How do you feel?

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 07-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #96
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Glad to hear, not too alarming...I don't know what metablolic syndrome or hypo-thyroidism is. So, you are saying, you knew all that? And the treament and retesting, you knew were coming? How do you feel?

Sharon
We had pretty much suspected most of it...I am insulin resistant so my body does not absorb insulin as well as it should (metabolic syndrome)...hypo-thyroidism means that my thyroid is under active making it near impossible to lose weight since your thyroid acts as a thermostat in your body for jump starting your metabolism....
Wasn't quite sure on the course of treatment...not too thrilled to be having to take pills as I have never really had to do that before BUT I am relieved to know that I am not just "fat and lazy" which is pretty much what my gyno called me this year when I went to see her...there is a reason that although I exercise and eat well, I am not losing the weight. So, hopefully once we get everything regulated, it will all be good! AND, I have been soooo tired lately, which is explained by the low Vitamin D, metabolic syndrome AND hypo-thyroidism!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #97

Quote:
We had pretty much suspected most of it...I am insulin resistant so my body does not absorb insulin as well as it should (metabolic syndrome)...hypo-thyroidism means that my thyroid is under active making it near impossible to lose weight since your thyroid acts as a thermostat in your body for jump starting your metabolism....
Wasn't quite sure on the course of treatment...not too thrilled to be having to take pills as I have never really had to do that before BUT I am relieved to know that I am not just "fat and lazy" which is pretty much what my gyno called me this year when I went to see her...there is a reason that although I exercise and eat well, I am not losing the weight. So, hopefully once we get everything regulated, it will all be good! AND, I have been soooo tired lately, which is explained by the low Vitamin D, metabolic syndrome AND hypo-thyroidism!
I have hypothyroidism and have been taking synthroid for several years. I had been very tired and always felt like I had a mild case of the flu. I started to feel better just a few days after I started the med. It's worth it!

Lela, I hope all went well today!

Sharon, you did great posting the new inspiration challenge! Love the challenge too! And thanks for the explanation about letterboxing. I think I have some friends who do that, but they never called it by that name. Sounds like fun!

Last edited by wendella247; 07-14-2011 at 01:48 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #98
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I have hypothyroidism and gave been taking synthroid for several years. I had been very tired and always felt like I had a mild case of the flu. I started to feel better just a few days after I started the med. It's worth it!

Lela, I hope all went well today!

Sharon, you did great posting the new inspiration challenge! Love the challenge too! And thanks for the explanation about letterboxing. I think I have some friends who do that, but they never called it by that name. Sounds like fun!
That's the same medicine she started me on...first dose in the morning! Thanks for the positive outlook on it! I am looking forward to feeling more rested and less achy!!! WOO HOOOOOO!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, here is the page I did for my inspiration challenge. This means I have done 7 pages of my 10 for the month. Still working on your challenge, Wendy. Will have it done maybe in the next few days. Just have to think it out! LOL

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 07-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #100
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
I've got low thyroid issues and so does my brother, and I think mine is still out of whack. I have periodic days that I'm just so tired, even my arms and legs seem to weigh much more than they should 'cause I just don't want to move. I'm due for another checkup so I'm going to see if they'll tweak my Synthroid dose or what else we can do since I don't think mine is managed properly yet. My advice is that if you're still not feeling 100%, then keep talking to the doctor and complaining until they do something about it--don't let them rely solely on the blood tests and let them tell you that you're fine if you know you're not.

I've been told it takes 6 weeks on a particular dosage of Synthroid before they can gauge how well it's working, so if your doctor is like mine you'll have to go back in periodically for blood tests until they get you leveled out (I didn't get done with that process since we moved twice within six months). My prescription says not to eat for an hour after taking it, so I try to take it early in the morning...I tried taking it at night and I think it was keeping me from sleeping right. So there's my .02, hope you have better luck with managing it than I have so far. I need to go talk to some docs

Support the CreativeCrew! Join in some fun monthly challenges HERE

2014 Scrapbooking goal: 100 Pages; 24 Done
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 AM   #101
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy S. View Post
I've got low thyroid issues and so does my brother, and I think mine is still out of whack. I have periodic days that I'm just so tired, even my arms and legs seem to weigh much more than they should 'cause I just don't want to move. I'm due for another checkup so I'm going to see if they'll tweak my Synthroid dose or what else we can do since I don't think mine is managed properly yet. My advice is that if you're still not feeling 100%, then keep talking to the doctor and complaining until they do something about it--don't let them rely solely on the blood tests and let them tell you that you're fine if you know you're not.

I've been told it takes 6 weeks on a particular dosage of Synthroid before they can gauge how well it's working, so if your doctor is like mine you'll have to go back in periodically for blood tests until they get you leveled out (I didn't get done with that process since we moved twice within six months). My prescription says not to eat for an hour after taking it, so I try to take it early in the morning...I tried taking it at night and I think it was keeping me from sleeping right. So there's my .02, hope you have better luck with managing it than I have so far. I need to go talk to some docs
Thanks for the advice Christy!! She did tell me to take it in the morning and said that she tells most of her patients to sit it on their night stand so they take it before even getting out of bed since you are just to take it with water and wait an hour before you have coffee or food or anything else.

I know we are going to have to tweek it...we went ahead and scheduled for me to get blood work done in 6-8 weeks and then an 8 week follow-up appointment...she said that with my weight, the dosage should probably be about 2x what she started me on but she didn't want to start me on too high of a dosage because if she did I could experience hyper symptoms - jittery, not able to sleep, etc. So we will creep it up to where it needs to be...

I had gone to this doctor before and then quit because she does not take any insurance and I could not afford to go but the thing I loved about her is that she is sooooo particular and very thorough. My initial visit with her was almost 2 hours just talking through symptoms and possibilities and such. My follow-up yesterday to discuss the results was an hour...she just gives so much face time and actually listens to what I have to say. That to me is worth so much more than the insurance company dictating who I can and can't see...and I can turn it in for reimbursement, just will have more out of pocket. At this point, I can justify the expense knowing that I am getting 1 on 1 attention and someone who HEARS me! When I expressed to my gynecologist the issues I was having with being tired and not losing weight and such, she just told me I need to exercise more and eat less...you know, since I am overweight, I MUST be LAZY!

Oh and another thing, my doctor told me that a lot of doctors don't run a full thyroid panel...they just check the one level (in which up to 4 is considered "normal")...there are like 3 other things that they can look at to see if you thyriod is behaving properly...Mine was a 3.47 on that scale of 4 being normal...BUT, when we looked at my antibodies, they are supposed to be at 35 or less and they were MORE than 1000. That showed her that my body is attacking my thyroid and so I do have hashimoto's even though I am still in the normal range...Some doctors would have probably chosen to not treat me yet and have just waited until that number was not in the normal range but in listening to my symptoms and knowing that it was inevitable, she chose to go ahead and start me on the meds. SOOOO, Christy, maybe they are not checking ALL of the components?? Hope you get yours straightened out! It is no fun to feel BLAH and icky!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #102
Mad Swapper

Good morning, ladies. I finished another layout late last night (you don't want to know how late!) and it's now uploaded to the gallery. I'm trying to complete another one done today, but I also have to pack for the CTMH Convention later this week, so who knows if I can get any scrapping done.

Gerry
Old 07-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #103

In the last week I have completed 18 pages........whoo hoo!! Went to take pics to upload tonight and my camera battery is dead....... Will get it charged and my pages uploaded tomorrow. This puts me over my goal for the month by 9 I am so excited!!!

Beca glad it is something that medication can take care of.

Lela I hope you are doing well.

Big hello to everyone else!!!

Patti
Old 07-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #104
Die Cut Diva

I have been away and got home a couple of days ago. This is the first chance I have had to get on here. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are sick, having surgery, etc. I hope you all are better soon and back to doing the things you love to do.

On another note, I assume that Lela is the person that (is/has/will be) posting the winner of the VSBN. Since she is having surgery, I assume that this has been postponed, or have I missed it? I hope I don't sound like I am pushing things, I really am not. Just wondering if I missed the post someplace.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #105
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessp1971 View Post
In the last week I have completed 18 pages........whoo hoo!! Went to take pics to upload tonight and my camera battery is dead....... Will get it charged and my pages uploaded tomorrow. This puts me over my goal for the month by 9 I am so excited!!!
WOW Patti! You go girl!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #106
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post
On another note, I assume that Lela is the person that (is/has/will be) posting the winner of the VSBN. Since she is having surgery, I assume that this has been postponed, or have I missed it? I hope I don't sound like I am pushing things, I really am not. Just wondering if I missed the post someplace.
That's what I was assuming...
Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #107
Gabfest Goddess

I hope you all had a better week than I did...but back on the upswing. I'm hoping to have absoulutely nothing to do this weekend but scrap! My girls are volunteering for VBS this week and I've been catching up on the cleaning for the 3 hours they're gone. We've been so busy my house was in baaaaaad shape. I'm on the mend and so is my house so all is becoming right with the world...scrapping this weekend would be the cherry on the top

Lela, hope you're doing better. Becca, sounds like a rough time and hoping all comes together quickly for you.

Enjoy today!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #108
Creative Crew SU Design Team

I'm at 12 pages for the month so far, all for the two baby books I'm working on now. They're all here in my gallery:

Baby Books

Thanks for looking!

Support the CreativeCrew! Join in some fun monthly challenges HERE

2014 Scrapbooking goal: 100 Pages; 24 Done
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #109
Hardware Hotshot

I'm such a slacker lately. Already 3 pages before I have even commented. It is the 13th too! Almost half way done with JULY!!! What?!?

Put me down for 3. I have already done 2 though. So I really just have 1 more for the month, but I have had NO MOJO! It is GONE! I need to upload the two I have done and look at the gallery and hopefully get some inspiration.
My Gallery
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #110
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth G. View Post
December Daily album is a special Christmas album that celebrates the season of christmas. You start on Dec. 1st up until the 25th (or some ppl do the entire month) and take pictures, recipes, quotes, and capture what means most to you at christmas, what your family traditions are, or just the joys of the season. Some ppl like to gather their goodies ahead of time and put them in a special spot or make it ahead of time.

'Joining me' just means we can give each other encouragement to get the job done, share examples or ideas, etc. Usually there are about 5 of us who give it a go. I have been doing it for about 3 years now!

Here are links to my December Daily album 2008 and 2009 if you want to see what I mean: DD2008
DD2009
What size do you make your pages for these albums?
My Gallery
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #112

And a few more..........

DSC00603_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC00609_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC00612_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC00615_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post
I have been away and got home a couple of days ago. This is the first chance I have had to get on here. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are sick, having surgery, etc. I hope you all are better soon and back to doing the things you love to do.

Hi Deb!

Don't know if you found the post about the VSBN winners, but here it is: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...s-t532334.html

Old 07-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #114

I'm amazed at all the pages that have been posted. Especially you, Patti!!! Wow! Gotta get to the gallery to check things out!

Here's a paper page I did for Sharon's ICE CREAM challenge (SIC103):

Happy Face

Here's another --a digi dps for Patti's 7/7 Thurs challenge and Michele's fireworks challenge:

July 4th at the Ballpark

--------------------

Last edited by wendella247; 07-13-2011 at 02:04 PM..
Old 07-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #115
Die Cut Diva

Thanks so much Wendy
My Gallery
Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #116

Not feeling 100% today so Thursday challenge will be late.............either this p.m. or early tomorrow thanks for understanding.

Patti
Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #117
Kookie Creator

Help! I am back for my short, but fun summer term of scrapbooking.
I am having a lot of trouble uploading my pics - first they were too big. I resized them, but then the upload process did not like the format. I tried another resizing website - still no luck.
I am sure there is info somewhere on this site, but not sure where to look.

My goal for July is 12 pages.

Happy Thursday everyone
Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #118
Glitter Guru

the conversation about thyroid issues is very interesting. I had mine checked a few years ago but think I should have it done again. I have those same symptoms mentioned. My mom was diagnosed recently with thyroid issues, not sure exactly what though.

Still no pages scrapped here. I am super excited though. I have decided to sign up as a demonstrator with SU. I just couldn't pass up the special they have this month. tomorrow and Saturday and I am having a crafty clearance sale selling what I have left of my CM inventory that I know I won't use and I've cleared out 80 SU stamp sets to make room for new ones. woo hoo!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #119

Default Uploading issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by derck View Post
Help! I am back for my short, but fun summer term of scrapbooking.
I am having a lot of trouble uploading my pics - first they were too big. I resized them, but then the upload process did not like the format. I tried another resizing website - still no luck.
I am sure there is info somewhere on this site, but not sure where to look.

My goal for July is 12 pages.

Happy Thursday everyone

I think this thread will help you with your uploading issues:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...m-t495283.html

Good luck! Nice to "see" you here for a spell!

Last edited by wendella247; 07-14-2011 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #120

Default Thyroid issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
the conversation about thyroid issues is very interesting. I had mine checked a few years ago but think I should have it done again. I have those same symptoms mentioned. My mom was diagnosed recently with thyroid issues, not sure exactly what though.

Still no pages scrapped here. I am super excited though. I have decided to sign up as a demonstrator with SU. I just couldn't pass up the special they have this month. tomorrow and Saturday and I am having a crafty clearance sale selling what I have left of my CM inventory that I know I won't use and I've cleared out 80 SU stamp sets to make room for new ones. woo hoo!
Regarding thyroid issues, my mom has the same thing that I have and one of my sisters was just diagnosed. It's true that one should get complete testing. If they go by that one number, they won't put you on meds until you're at the "right" level. The reason for this is that once a person gets replacement thyroid meds, the body will stop producing its own thyroid hormone, so they don't want to put you on it until they're sure. I was feeling lousy for TWO years before their test finally showed that I needed the med. If they had done the complete testing, I'm sure they would have ended my misery a lot sooner bec they'd have known I was hypothyroid. They also want to rule out other things, especially if a woman is in the realm of that delightful thing we call menopause!

Good luck with your new SU endeavor, Michele!

Last edited by wendella247; 07-14-2011 at 05:16 PM..