Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #81
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
Hey Scrappers,

I posted an Announcement about SCS Scrapbooking HERE.

The more replies we have to the thread, hopefully the more people will see it. If you can hop over and "reply" or put your thoughts in, that would be good!

It would be lots of fun to start the year with more scrappy friends

That was a great idea!

Hi y'all! Been a while...been scrapping & doing PL...and two mini albums. Guess I should post pictures...but geez...it takes away from my scrapping time. I wanna share, tho. And need to check out y'all's pages, too!

Happy New Year!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #82
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

lela - put me down for 104...two pages a week on average.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #83
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCs_mom View Post
I would love to join your group! My goal is a LO a week or 52 in 2013.
Welcome, AJC's mom! We have a great group here that will help keep you motivated. Hope you'll post your pages, so we can ooh and ahh, but it's also OK if you don't. The important thing is getting pages done!

We also have great challenges to inspire us: Splitcoaststampers Scrapbook Challenges Forum - Information, Ideas, Discussion & More
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome AJC'Mom! Glad to have you! I will be watching for your pages.

Here is my third page for the year. I used MFT sketch for ST John .
I had a little problem with this sketch and had to tweek it to make it work for my photos. But it did inspire me to get a page done!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #85
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking TGIF

I worked on some cards tonight but did get a page done! Very fun picts to scrap

Must Love Dogs
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a page done just now.

It is on my blog today. My first page of 2013! Yea!!!!
2014 Goals: Cards ~ 40/75 Scrap pages ~ 89/150 (Nov 14/25)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #87
Glitter Guru

Happy 2013 everyone! I have come out of the netherlands! I am actually at a scrapbook weekend and have gotten 4 pages done (shock). woo hoo! I have got to get back to scrapping this year. We surprised the girls with a trip to Disney for springbreak and I haven't scrapped the last trip from 2011 yet. I got a ScrapRack for christmas so I am hoping once I get it all organized that will help. I also have another weekend retreat in March. Of course mixed in is a few dance competitions and at least one more college audition. Speaking of colleges, E got accepted to Shenandoah Univ in VA. There are still two more to go so no decisions yet.

Ok, back to scrapping for me. Hope everyone is doing great. I'll try and catch up on the thread.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #88
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
Happy 2013 everyone! I have come out of the netherlands! I am actually at a scrapbook weekend and have gotten 4 pages done (shock). woo hoo! I have got to get back to scrapping this year. We surprised the girls with a trip to Disney for springbreak and I haven't scrapped the last trip from 2011 yet. I got a ScrapRack for christmas so I am hoping once I get it all organized that will help. I also have another weekend retreat in March. Of course mixed in is a few dance competitions and at least one more college audition. Speaking of colleges, E got accepted to Shenandoah Univ in VA. There are still two more to go so no decisions yet.

Ok, back to scrapping for me. Hope everyone is doing great. I'll try and catch up on the thread.
CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter! That's so exciting .

So when is your Spring Break, I'm hoping to get Disney passes for our Spring Break and if they're the same time maybe we can meet up.

So jealous of the scrap retreats everyone gets to go on, I never hear of any where I live . Can you send me your March retreat info. I have a friend that moved to Tenn and she may be interested in doing something like that.

Enjoy your scrappy weekend!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #89
Gabfest Goddess

Busy Saturday...dd1 has a car wash for her Anime Club. DH bought me a computer for Christmas but it's just 'too much' for me; love the speed but there is to much 'fluff'
so we're off to BB to exchange...so does this mean I'm getting old 'cause technology is getting to be too much? For once we do not have DD2 going anywhere or doing anything, so she gets to dog sit her own dog ~ for once!

I'm hoping for a scrappy Sunday..cross your fingers 'x'!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #90
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yay, off to a good start! I got a couple new pages done and finished up more partials ...

Bella Best Friend

Cookie Baking Fun

WMU

Blessed
I've been perusing the posts here and am thinking about, taking that step off of the cliff into the void that is committment, and I am very impressed with your layouts and accomplishment. I have SOOooo many picutes that I haven't scrapped and so many more pages that I have but not put into albums. I am tettering on the edge of joining! We will see!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #91
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi*S View Post
I've been perusing the posts here and am thinking about, taking that step off of the cliff into the void that is committment, and I am very impressed with your layouts and accomplishment. I have SOOooo many picutes that I haven't scrapped and so many more pages that I have but not put into albums. I am tettering on the edge of joining! We will see!!!
Just Jump There are lots of us to "catch" you! If you are teetering, just start out slow and build it up...I think you'll have lots of fun and we would all enjoy having you join us...here's keeping my fingers crossed that you'll decide to come on down!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #92
Die Cut Diva

Wink I'm in!!

I have been a member of SCS since 2005. I usually participate in the “SWAPS” mostly the recipe swaps. But they are getting “old” for me and really, how many times can you make an Alphabet swap on cookies? And how many cookie recipes do I really need? AND how many times can I give cookie recipe “books” away as gifts? So now, at this point in my life I’m on to bigger and better things.

This is going to be the year of the GREAT PURGE at my house; we have, as a family, collected and hoarded so much stuff that it’s time to let someone else have some fun with our collective stuff. This spring we are going to have a garage sale to end all garage sales.

With that being said, it’s time to put those pictures I have been boxing up into albums, it’s time to empty those paper savers that have been organized by theme (to make my scrapping easier) and get photos on them and then into albums.

I am personally doing a “Rudolph Club” this year so every month on the 25th; I will be doing something Christmas relatable. That’s where my card challenge will come in.

So, add up all my ranting and rambling, and I’M IN.

My goals will be: drum roll please:

Scrapbook pages: 6 per month x 10 months= 60
Christmas cards: 10 per month x 5 months= 50
Birthday cards: 5 per month x 5 months= 25
Misc. cards: 5 per month x 5 months= 25

I’m going by my crafting calendar year, which ends in October. November and December are just too crazy around here.
I just realized that I will be making 100 cards this year – a VERY tall order for me, but with a little planning and once I get the assembly line process going, I think it will be doable.

Last edited by Sandi*S; 01-05-2013 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #93

Welcome, Sandy! It sounds like you're a go getter and I know you'll be motivated by everyone here! It's good to have you join us!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #94

Yay! Terri's Hobbitt colors challenge inspired me to do a 2-page layout from 2011 pics!

left: Gone Camping-left (DGSC095) by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

right: Gone Camping-right (DGSC095) by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

both: Gone Camping-dps by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #95

Quote:
I worked on some cards tonight but did get a page done! Very fun picts to scrap

Must Love Dogs

Love this page, Lela!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #96
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hey Scrappers,

I posted an Announcement about SCS Scrapbooking HERE.

The more replies we have to the thread, hopefully the more people will see it. If you can hop over and "reply" or put your thoughts in, that would be good!

It would be lots of fun to start the year with more scrappy friends

Welcome Sandi. Here's another upcoming event...check it out!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #97
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Good to "see" you! Have fun scrapping at your retreat as it sounds like you'll have plenty more pictures coming in the next few months

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #98

Welcome Sandi! Glad you decided to jump in! Stick around here and I promise you will get some pages accomplished!

Quote:
I have been a member of SCS since 2005. I usually participate in the SWAPS mostly the recipe swaps. But they are getting old for me and really, how many times can you make an Alphabet swap on cookies? And how many cookie recipes do I really need? AND how many times can I give cookie recipe books away as gifts? So now, at this point in my life Im on to bigger and better things.

This is going to be the year of the GREAT PURGE at my house; we have, as a family, collected and hoarded so much stuff that its time to let someone else have some fun with our collective stuff. This spring we are going to have a garage sale to end all garage sales.

With that being said, its time to put those pictures I have been boxing up into albums, its time to empty those paper savers that have been organized by theme (to make my scrapping easier) and get photos on them and then into albums.

I am personally doing a Rudolph Club this year so every month on the 25th; I will be doing something Christmas relatable. Thats where my card challenge will come in.

So, add up all my ranting and rambling, and IM IN.

Im going by my crafting calendar year, which ends in October. November and December are just too crazy around here.
I just realized that I will be making 100 cards this year a VERY tall order for me, but with a little planning and once I get the assembly line process going, I think it will be doable.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #99
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter! That's so exciting .

So when is your Spring Break, I'm hoping to get Disney passes for our Spring Break and if they're the same time maybe we can meet up.

So jealous of the scrap retreats everyone gets to go on, I never hear of any where I live . Can you send me your March retreat info. I have a friend that moved to Tenn and she may be interested in doing something like that.

Enjoy your scrappy weekend!
Our spring break is the last week of March. I'll pm you the email of the lady organizing the March retreat. It is actually in Mentone, AL but that's just an hour from where I live.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #100
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking More Scrappin'

I got more pages done today. Sure is alot less "house" stuff when the kids go back to college.

Oh Scrap

Anniversary Flowers

Snow Days
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #101
Glitter Guru

checking in. I have gotten 15 pages done so far. I still have a couple more hours left. I'm going to try and get at least 5 more done. I'll try and take photos & upload this week. Now, I'm off to browse the gallery because I need inspiration. My pages are starting to look the same. LOL!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #102
Mad Swapper

I hope to be back to crafting by next weekend. I'm slowly setting up my space and after not crafting for so long I feel as if I may have to learn how to use my tools again lol.... Hopefully I'll have my laptop fixed so I can share my pages.

Jan 0/2

2014 goal 0/24
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #103

I was just feeling curious so I did a little tallying. In 2012 the SBC Goals and Challenges resulted in the following number pages being posted in the galleries by month:

Jan 95
Feb 105
Mar 122
Apr 124
May 88
Jun 125
Jul 129
Aug 95
Sep 109
Oct 108
Nov 126
Dec 44

I was thinking it would be fun to set a collective goal together for posting pages in the monthly SBC Galleries. Thoughts??

Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #104
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
checking in. I have gotten 15 pages done so far. I still have a couple more hours left. I'm going to try and get at least 5 more done. I'll try and take photos & upload this week. Now, I'm off to browse the gallery because I need inspiration. My pages are starting to look the same. LOL!
Aw man..... just when I was feeling so good about starting my 5 and 6 page for the month!! 15, wow that is a lot of scrapping! You go girl!!!! and the rest of us will try to follow behind, or go ahead (SO not me!). Thats right, you have been on a retreat. Well done and great product use of your time. So many people don't get all that much done a crops and retreats, I can't afford the retreats if I don't get lots done.

Last edited by sewflake; 01-06-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #105
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fries View Post
I was just feeling curious so I did a little tallying. In 2012 the SBC Goals and Challenges resulted in the following number pages being posted in the galleries by month:

Jan 95
Feb 105
Mar 122
Apr 124
May 88
Jun 125
Jul 129
Aug 95
Sep 109
Oct 108
Nov 126
Dec 44

I was thinking it would be fun to set a collective goal together for posting pages in the monthly SBC Galleries. Thoughts??

I bet we can pass the January page posed last year!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #106
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I have been a member of SCS since 2005. I usually participate in the SWAPS mostly the recipe swaps. But they are getting old for me and really, how many times can you make an Alphabet swap on cookies? And how many cookie recipes do I really need? AND how many times can I give cookie recipe books away as gifts? So now, at this point in my life Im on to bigger and better things.

This is going to be the year of the GREAT PURGE at my house; we have, as a family, collected and hoarded so much stuff that its time to let someone else have some fun with our collective stuff. This spring we are going to have a garage sale to end all garage sales.

With that being said, its time to put those pictures I have been boxing up into albums, its time to empty those paper savers that have been organized by theme (to make my scrapping easier) and get photos on them and then into albums.

I am personally doing a Rudolph Club this year so every month on the 25th; I will be doing something Christmas relatable. Thats where my card challenge will come in.

So, add up all my ranting and rambling, and IM IN.

Im going by my crafting calendar year, which ends in October. November and December are just too crazy around here.
I just realized that I will be making 100 cards this year a VERY tall order for me, but with a little planning and once I get the assembly line process going, I think it will be doable.

I will be on the look out for your pages!! Welcome.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #107
Proud Fan Club Member

Four down 8 to go......... today that seems like a big goal this month. Need more scrapping and less surfing the air waves.

The splendor of Autumn

I will spend time tonight while watching tv surfing the gallery and leaving a little live.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #108
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Aw man..... just when I was feeling so good about starting my 5 and 6 page for the month!! 15, wow that is a lot of scrapping! You go girl!!!! and the rest of us will try to follow behind, or go ahead (SO not me!). Thats right, you have been on a retreat. Well done and great product use of your time. So many people don't get all that much done a crops and retreats, I can't afford the retreats if I don't get lots done.
that's 15 more pages done than I did the last 6 months of 2012. This retreat was cozy one. There were only 5 of us and we rent a house that is 15mins from my house. The lady that owns the house does short term rentals and several groups of scrapbookers use it for this purpose. It is very afforadable too. It only cost us $58 plus the food cost for one meal. We each take a meal to prepare during the weekend. It will sleep 10 so the more people the cheaper it is. I am going to one in March that is considerably held at a camp but the meals & clean up are done by the staff. I prefer this cozy one though. If anyone lives near Chattanooga, TN and wants to join me next time, pm me and I'll let you know when we do another one.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #109
Gabfest Goddess

Good Evening! I'm sitting here in my bed with a my new laptop . DH bought me a HP but something about the screen regardless of brightness was harsh on my eyes so we exchanged for a Toshiba. I'm now trying to get use to it; something about this screen is more bearable to my vision. I've got to admit, I'm a Downton Abbey fan and am sitting here watching the story of the Highclere Castle they use for Downton; then season 3 begins...so no scrapping for me tonight, just pure tv indulgence! However, I did just load my PSE 7 and hope to do a page or two tomorrow. Your pages have been inspiring and I'm itching to get scrapping! Thank you all for sharing!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #110
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fries View Post

Jan 95
Feb 105
Mar 122
Apr 124
May 88
Jun 125
Jul 129
Aug 95
Sep 109
Oct 108
Nov 126
Dec 44

HOW VERY FUN! I'm in! I'll add it to the #2 Post (these totals) so we can collectively keep track! Great Idea Terry
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #111
Pearl-ExPert

I thiink I finally broke out of my slump. I have 2 pages almost done for The Hobbit Challenge! I just need to do the title & journaling. I just kept looking at that challenge & didn't know what to do until I went through my pictures. I didn't see the movie but I think the subject may fit...kinda! I'm not sure I'll get finished tomorrow but Wednesday at the latest. I'm going to work on the progressive challenge next.

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #112
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
Good Evening! I'm sitting here in my bed with a my new laptop . DH bought me a HP but something about the screen regardless of brightness was harsh on my eyes so we exchanged for a Toshiba. I'm now trying to get use to it; something about this screen is more bearable to my vision. I've got to admit, I'm a Downton Abbey fan and am sitting here watching the story of the Highclere Castle they use for Downton; then season 3 begins...so no scrapping for me tonight, just pure tv indulgence! However, I did just load my PSE 7 and hope to do a page or two tomorrow. Your pages have been inspiring and I'm itching to get scrapping! Thank you all for sharing!
Yea for TV Watching! I signed up at Divine Digital for their Biggest Loser challenge which is running along with season 14 on TV. I don't really have a lot of weight to lose but thought it might help keep me on track for some specific exercise and eating goals that as I get older I really should do I do enjoy watching the show...gives me some inspiration to keep at it. It's a fun show to watch

Divine Digital's challenges actually start tomorrow so I think it's time for me to go get that last before bedtime snack since it's commercial time!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #113
Proud Fan Club Member

I have another page done today with the 6th one well on it's way.

PS, it is another Page Map from the Janurary challenge at scrapbook.com
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #114
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Stamper View Post
I thiink I finally broke out of my slump. I have 2 pages almost done for The Hobbit Challenge! I just need to do the title & journaling. I just kept looking at that challenge & didn't know what to do until I went through my pictures. I didn't see the movie but I think the subject may fit...kinda! I'm not sure I'll get finished tomorrow but Wednesday at the latest. I'm going to work on the progressive challenge next.
Go Lou Ann!

I was in my office (that doubles as my craft storage room) and as I was emptying out file boxes for DH to use for transporting things at work, I kept thinking I should really clean out an area so that I could actually use some of the supplies I have for paper scrap pages....not!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #115
Proud Fan Club Member

Like you said Terry, yea for watching tv. I get more comments done and surfing in general while keeping one eye and one ear on the television.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #116

Ooooh, I'm super excited to find this! I want to play! I think I'll set my goal to 75 scrapbook pages. I'll set this month's goal at 6.

I've already done one page! Yay! You can see it here: Life with Boys

Off to check out the challenges!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #117

Welcome Cori!!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #118

Thank you Terri! I've been thinking about my goals. I think my card goal this year will be to make 50 cards but actually MAIL at least 24 of them. (Not counting my Christmas cards). I feel like I make them but don't always mail/give them! lol!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #119
Gabfest Goddess

Welcome to all our new and returning scrappers! Can't wait to see everyone's pages. I had a rough night sleep so getting a late start but I plan to spend the afternoon scrapping...YEAH! Haven't done anything in...I can't remember when...I'll have to look in my own gallery for the dates . Now off to prep some veggies.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #120

Hey ladies!

We have a new host for the Inspiration Challenge and she'll be posting a new challenge every two weeks! Her name is Vicki Garrett and you can read more about her and see her first challenge here:

Scrapbook Inspiration Challenges Forum - Scrapbook Ideas & Motivation from Other Sources

Yay!!