Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #81
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
I have to give you a shout out Lela!!! I put chicken breasts (the only thing I could find in the freezer other than ground beef), cream of chicken soup, dry lipton onion soup mix, a can of mushrooms and a little water in the crock pot yesterday after reading your post. I served it over rice, YUM! DH said he was a little leery when his dished it up but it sure tasted good. Anything that makes him happy, makes me happy. Thanks again for mentioning crock pot cooking!!!
oh my ... I used my Crockpot constantly when my boys were growing up since I worked full time "plus" to the point it's a joke in our family ... however, they do like it when dinner is done when they're ready to eat. I do like to put chicken in often. Tonight I would have put the left over roast in w/ BBQ sauce because I'm expecting 4-6 boys here after they all went to the CLE Browns football game (it was 12 degrees) but DH said we'd just do pizza because we didn't have BBQ sauce

I just got a great recipe out of the local newspaper today for Creamy Potatoes and you use Red potatoes. We'll be trying that next week when everyone is home for the holidays

Well, I got 10 more Christmas Cards done. They'll probably be for next year as I'm done for this one. For some reason I'm better at Christmas Cards when it's "the season"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Crooked Stamper likes this post.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm working on a handmade 8x8 album. It has 16 pages not counting the front and back covers! It is taking me foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well, once I get it done....I will have 19 finished, decorated pages (the back of the album is not decorated, but the inside/back cover is) done and a very accomplished feeling
2014 Goals: Cards ~ 39/75 Scrap pages ~ 75/150
Old 12-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #83
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessp1971 View Post
Guess I need to put down a goal before the month is over...I'm only going to go for 2 that way I wont be so upset if I don't make it!
It's just good to have you here setting ANY kind of goal, Patti! I miss you!
Old 12-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Mary Pat, I know the feeling although ours is wet, drippy, and warm even when it's not raining. I keep forgetting how much fog we have in the winter.

Lela, time goes by fast doesn't it!! I get the same feeling of the circle still going when I go watch my DGK's play soccer, seems like we have spent many a year (different decades) on sideline of the field.

Wendy, what a great picture! I wonder if someone has started video scrapping??? Wouldn't that be amazing having 3d scrapbooks?? I bet the technology is possible (especially after seeing Avatar a few years ago ) but hmmmm not sure how I would like that. I guess we'll just stick with plain videos for now. Have you done an interactive page yet with digital??

Terry, are you dry yet?? Glad most everything was in plastic tubs!! Yea for plastic! We are not putting up a tree this year, which is spooking my DGS. He wants to know where we are going to put the presents!

I hate unexpected events during the holidays, our skylight has started to leak and the washing machine won't empty on the spin cycle. Hopefully both are easy fixes although it gets harder to find someone to do the repairs for you when you start getting too old to handle them yourself. I'm sill hoping its just a fluke with the washing machine and resetting ( unplug and waiting a couple minutes then plug it back in) it will get it working correctly. If it won't drain after this third load, then the next step is the plug!!!
We had a problem like that, Sharon. It turned out to be the little button that gets pushed down when we closed the lid. We went online and DH was able to get simple directions to replace it. The part was cheap too. Maybe it will be that easy for you too!

As to interactive video, I've only done digital slideshows!

We have one this year, but we didn't put up a tree for the last few years. My DGD was worried too. I did have a little ceramic tree on my table, though, so I explained to her that Santa would use that one and she was OK with that! lol
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #85
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
We had a problem like that, Sharon. It turned out to be the little button that gets pushed down when we closed the lid. We went online and DH was able to get simple directions to replace it. The part was cheap too. Maybe it will be that easy for you too!

As to interactive video, I've only done digital slideshows!

We have one this year, but we didn't put up a tree for the last few years. My DGD was worried too. I did have a little ceramic tree on my table, though, so I explained to her that Santa would use that one and she was OK with that! lol
It turned out to be an easy fix on the washing machine. I just changed the dial to a different setting (delicate instead of normal) and it works just fine. It works on normal again too!!

When ever we go to Lowe's to buy appliances the salesman tell us all about the "best & newest" features.....along with a short story about which relative of his bought the same appliance!! Needless to say we probably end up purchasing machines with more gadgets and gizmos than necessary! We have had this set about 4 years and when something does not work just right, mostly on the spin cycle, they tell us to just unplug the machine for a few minutes and it resets itself. So far (twice) that has worked!!!

Last edited by sewflake; 12-16-2013 at 05:42 AM..
Mary_Pat419 and Crooked Stamper like this post.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #86
Proud Fan Club Member

I am not sure what the rest of the month is going to bring as far as doing anymore layouts. I want to do at least 1 more, just to reach my monthly goal, but just have more on my plate (like everyone) that can not be ignored during the holidays.

Now I better get started on my list of things to do if I'm going to have it all done in time!!

Tanya, great calendar pages!! I have to go back to check a few pages as they said "image pending approval" when I last looked.
daizees likes this post.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

Good Morning All...

being able to stay home more has far exceeded my expectations and picking up a few catering/personal chefing jobs has also far exceeded my expectations... Good or bad, we are booked solid for the holidays with weddings and events.... we are one busy family!
Lmn, sewflake, Mary_Pat419 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #88
Pearl-ExPert

I forgot to load this August page last week. Still hoping for new photos today for the final December page and then I'm hoping to send it to print tonight!! (which is good because I am kinda sick of making these, haha)

August
2013: 141/75
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #89

Default Santa's Sack Progressive Challenge thread posted!!

This week's Progressive Challenge thread has been posted!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post20454649
Old 12-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #90
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink yay

More holiday stuff done and got some scrappin' in ... what a good night

Both Stash Challenges for this month done so far

2013 SLT

Albuquerque

Also got my Scraplift done yesterday, thanks for the inspiration Lou Ann
Just Be Family
Old 12-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #91
Gabfest Goddess

Wow! Impressed with those of you able to get some scrapping done ~ and a bit envious! Our annual cookie exchange is over and the girls are in their finals week; I'm wrapping gifts this week and need to get some in the mail. I hope to get some scrapping in this weekend if I get it all done when I should ...that and some comments on your great pages! Have a wonderful week ladies!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #92
Insane Embellisher

Default Hello out there!!!

Hi Ladies!
It seems like ages since I've been on, the holiday season is keeping me busier than I imagined! I've finally gotten our tree & decorations up. I still have to get my cards out and finish up my baking, shopping, wrapping...the list just seems to go on and on ... I managed to get some pictures printed out today for the scraplift challenge. I know exactly what I want to do, just have to get it done (I'm with you Mary Pat..impressed & envious of those who got some scrapping done)! Hopefully, I'll be able to get a couple of pages done this week!
"To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan but also believe"
Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #93
Insane Embellisher

Just curious...have any of you ever used talking tags in your cards or on your pages? I recently bought some from Sizzix.com (they were in the clearance bin). You need an app to make them work (one for the receiver too), I haven't tried them yet so, I'm not sure how they will be.
"To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan but also believe"
Old 12-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #94
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy48 View Post
Just curious...have any of you ever used talking tags in your cards or on your pages? I recently bought some from Sizzix.com (they were in the clearance bin). You need an app to make them work (one for the receiver too), I haven't tried them yet so, I'm not sure how they will be.
No, I've not ever even heard of them? Sounds fun though if they work!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy48 View Post
Stampin' Up! Sells them, people say they are great and easy to use. There is several apps that you can record and play your message from.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #96
Forum Fanatic

Here are the last pages for my Doctorate, now I have the Senior Thesis to finish.
Left side
right side
Lmn and wendella247 like this post.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #97

Here's my Task 3 page for the Santa's Sack Progressive Challenge:

Dec. Progr. Chall 19 - Task 3-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 12-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry View Post
Stampin' Up! Sells them, people say they are great and easy to use. There is several apps that you can record and play your message from.
I've wondered about them. I don't have a fancy smart phone, only a computer and Kindle Fire. Anyone know if I could still use them?
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
I've wondered about them. I don't have a fancy smart phone, only a computer and Kindle Fire. Anyone know if I could still use them?
Wendy, I'm pretty sure it requires a smart phone. Which is why I have never tried them.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #100
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up WOW! Wow! Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePanda View Post
Here are the last pages for my Doctorate, now I have the Senior Thesis to finish.
Left side
right side
Way to go Joyce Ann! I was hoping to scrap tonight but the boys arrived and it was fun chaos! We ended up baking cookies Ahhh, to have the kids home again ...
Mary_Pat419 and daizees like this post.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #101

Arrow

The digi challenge Master Lists have both been updated!! It should be easier for you to find prior challenges:

Variety Digiscrap Challenges Master List

Progressive Challenges Master List

In addition to our 4-week Progressive Challenges, we will be resuming a monthly Variety Progressive Challenge which will be posted on the second Tuesday of every month. Look for the first of these beginning on [B] Tuesday, January 14th, 2014!

-----------------------------------------------
daizees likes this post.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #102
Forum Fanatic

I finished the Senior Thesis - Left; Right.
And I have reached my monthly goal, done for the year.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #103
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I think I'm going to have to bow out for this month, which is frustrating since I'm only seven layouts away from my annual goal! But I have a giant comprehensive exam that I'm taking on January 13, and I just started studying for it today. I'm now slightly terrified of this stupid test and seriously hope I pass the whole thing in one go so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

So until January 14th, I will see y'all later!

Support the CreativeCrew! Join in some fun monthly challenges HERE

2014 Scrapbooking goal: 100 Pages; 72 Done
Lmn, wendella247 and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #104
Pearl-ExPert

Good luck Christy! See you next year!

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #105
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Stamper View Post
Good luck Christy! See you next year!
I agree! Good Luck Christy!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #106
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking WOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePanda View Post
I finished the Senior Thesis - Left; Right.
And I have reached my monthly goal, done for the year.
BIG, BIG Congratulations goes to JoyceAnn for finishing the VSBN Back To College Challenges. All of her pages are awesome, be sure to go check them out and leave her a big "woohoo" for Graduating in her gallery.

Last edited by Lmn; 12-21-2013 at 10:51 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #107
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking FUN

So today I tried something different for my Holiday Scrapbook Pages. I found several that I really liked to scraplift so I sat down and made all of them today. I cut all the titles and embellishments w/ my Cricut so it seemed to make it go much faster to do it all at once. Now, after the holiday, I just have to choose the photos and add to the pages and they're done.

I struggle to finish Christmas Pages and I think it's because I take so many pictures and I have a hard time selecting. This year should be easier because the pages are ready so I know the spaces. Well, see? If it works it's good and if not, I'll just go back to regular next year, LOL!

I do feel good at this point for having the pages all done though ...
Scrappy48, daizees and Crooked Stamper like this post.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #108
Gallery Gazer

Hi all....Why can I no longer click on a user name in a post and then choose to go to their gallery? something changed...the only way I can go to a person's gallery is to go through all the steps now!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #109
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Hi all....Why can I no longer click on a user name in a post and then choose to go to their gallery? something changed...the only way I can go to a person's gallery is to go through all the steps now!
I just tried it and I was able to get to individual Gallery?
Old 12-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
I just tried it and I was able to get to individual Gallery?
Worked for me too?

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #111
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
I struggle to finish Christmas Pages and I think it's because I take so many pictures and I have a hard time selecting. This year should be easier because the pages are ready so I know the spaces. Well, see? If it works it's good and if not, I'll just go back to regular next year, LOL! ...
Oh I so agree! I hardly have ANY Christmas pages done, ever! It was a good thing I did that December Daily album in 09 or I would truly have nothing, haha!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #112
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via AIM to princessp1971

Well I finished my scraplift and 2 other pages went over my goal by one! Can not post at this time as we have no power. It has been out since Saturday night and they are saying it may not be back on until the 28th. Running the house off of our generator! I hope you are all safe and warm. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Sept 6/8 Oct. 0/15 YTD 87/115
Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #113
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Well I finished my scraplift and 2 other pages went over my goal by one! Can not post at this time as we have no power. It has been out since Saturday night and they are saying it may not be back on until the 28th. Running the house off of our generator! I hope you are all safe and warm. Merry Christmas to everyone!
Oh my goodness Patti!! How frustrating! We've only had a long power-outage twice and never more than 2 days! Good luck to you!!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #114
Pearl-ExPert

I got a weekly page done, haha, and have waaaay surpassed my yearly goal (which is FINE with me!) so I'm linking that now...

Week Before Christmas

and wishing you all a safe and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #115
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
So sorry to hear those storms affected you. I just saw it on the news that there are a LOT of homes in the dark and most likely until at least Saturday! Stay safe and warm! It's great to hear you have a generator to help out. Just not a good thing to have to use it this time of year though!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #116
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Wow! Thankful you have a generator! Hope you get your power back sooner than anticipated! Until then stay safe and warm! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #117
Insane Embellisher

I would like to wish all of you happy holidays! Thanks for being so inspiring! I'm looking forward to catching up on my scrapping challenges as soon as the holiday hustle and bustle is over! Until then, may your day be merry & bright and filled with warm memories with your family and friends!
wendella247 and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #118

The final task for Santa's Sack Progressive Challenge has been posted!

We need an elf now!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post20460432
Old 12-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #119
Gabfest Goddess

Merry Christmas!

Patti, I hope you're keeping warm and the electricity comes on soon! I too am caught up with the fun craziness of the holiday. We are taking DD2 to a lacrosse camp at Duke University on the 26 and returning the 30 so I will bring my laptop and get some digi pages completed during some down time.

I hope you all have a fabulous holiday! See you on New Year's Eve when I plan to paper scrap until...well, bed time 'cause there is very little chance I'll make it to midnight, lol!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Hmm, I'm still able to do this. Maybe a mod like Lydia (understandblue) can help.

Merry Christmas!