Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #41
Mad Swapper

Hi ladies. The Stash Busters challenge for week 1 is up. Sorry it's late. I uploaded my sample into the gallery yesterday afternoon, but I had taken some prescription cough syrup and just couldn't stay awake waiting for my upload to be approved. I laid down in bed and slept for 11 hours straight! Feeling better today but a little scared about taking this cough syrup for 2 weeks. Hopefully, the drowsy-making effect wears off quickly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
Hi ladies. The Stash Busters challenge for week 1 is up. Sorry it's late. I uploaded my sample into the gallery yesterday afternoon, but I had taken some prescription cough syrup and just couldn't stay awake waiting for my upload to be approved. I laid down in bed and slept for 11 hours straight! Feeling better today but a little scared about taking this cough syrup for 2 weeks. Hopefully, the drowsy-making effect wears off quickly.
WOW! That's awesome...and a little scary! Hope you're better soon!
2013: 141/75
Old 12-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Happy Saturday

well...it's cold and snowy here so it's the perfect day to put up Christmas Decorations but first I am finishing the cards I started last night. YES! My MOJO finally showed back up and I finished up my Christmas Cards. They are actually all going in the mail on Monday, woohoo!

I hope to Scrap tonight during the football game
Mary_Pat419, Scrappy48 and daizees like this post.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
Lela, I feel your pain! I already have so much stuff that I am not panting to get anything new this Christmas, but it does feel weird. I love hosting the Stash Busters challenge because it's helping me get rid of the older stuff. Maybe by the time new and exciting stuff comes out, I'll have some room for it. Off to work on tomorrow's Stash Busters challenge. I wonder what stuff I need to get rid of this week . . .
Cheryl, My goal is to get caught up on the Stashbuster Challenges and continue to complete them so all the fun stuff I've purchased previously I continue to use too. It's such a good way to keep it from sitting ...

It's been like that for a few months, even trips to Archivers and I walk through the store and leave with nothing.

I probably have one more "donation" box of stuff too (old CM stuff) and I'll feel I'm closer to right-sizing my stash. I also have some changes I want to make in organization as last year's major clean out was really helpful and I've loved it. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling like I need anything else
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Well it's been snowing here all day long so I've been working on calendar pages! Here's what I've got completed, and I might be back for more before its Sunday:

January
July
October
November
Old 12-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #46
Gabfest Goddess

Well, I am sorry for all of you that are experiencing a deep freeze but if you're getting a lot of scrapping done maybe it's not so bad. We are the opposite here & having warmer than normal temps...wearing shorts in December! Still haven't made it to my craft room yet & I don't think I will next week either . I'm enjoying all your pages & hope to leave some luv in the gallery soon!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #47
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Sunday Good Morning

It is 15 degrees here, no shorts unless you are at the gym! LOL. I finished all my Christmas cards and even some for next year. I didn't get all of the tree done though so I have that to finish and then scrap

This afternoon I'm going to watch DS coach his gymnastics team at a meet. Wow, seems strange like only yesterday I was taking him to compete. Definitely full circle.

Sending all of you scrappy vibes!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #48
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

No shorts for us here in Phoenix, either, but it's pleasant enough. Our country/western dance team did a holiday performance at Glendale Glitters last night and my son, DIL & DGDs showed up to watch. We had no idea they were coming, so when I heard a kid's voice shout out "Hi Grandma!" when we all came on stage, it sounded mighty familiar! I realized that it was my 7-yr-old DGD! We had a good performance and a bunch of the team went out for dinner afterwards. Fun night!

I've attached a pic DIL took of us. It's kind of blurry, but DH and I are in center front.
Attached Thumbnails
bootscooters-glendale-glitters-2013.jpg  

Last edited by wendella247; 12-08-2013 at 09:03 AM..
Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #49
Gallery Gazer

Snowing and cold in PA today. Went downstairs to the basement yesterday afternoon to get decorations and found 3" of water in the entire basement. Seems the sump pump got blocked somehow and the water came in instead of out! Oh well...at least all the important stuff was in plastic tubs and most of the boxed stuff was sitting on top of the tubs or some tables I had set up sooooo that chore I started nearly 2 years ago was pretty much finished today after the water was pumped back out overnight. DH took one pickup truck load of wet boxes and other misc. to work to put in our dumpster and we've got fans drying out the basement. I think he'll be putting a new pump in this afternoon since that one now is 16 yrs old.

I did finish up some elements to Christmas cards while waiting for DH to come back so I got a little something done. Not sure when the tree will get put up now...probably next weekend.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #50
Gallery Gazer

Wow Wendy. It looks more like Christmas in AZ than it does around here! That's so cool that they came to see you dance...
Lmn and wendella247 like this post.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Snowing and cold in PA today. Went downstairs to the basement yesterday afternoon to get decorations and found 3" of water in the entire basement. Seems the sump pump got blocked somehow and the water came in instead of out! Oh well...at least all the important stuff was in plastic tubs and most of the boxed stuff was sitting on top of the tubs or some tables I had set up sooooo that chore I started nearly 2 years ago was pretty much finished today after the water was pumped back out overnight. DH took one pickup truck load of wet boxes and other misc. to work to put in our dumpster and we've got fans drying out the basement. I think he'll be putting a new pump in this afternoon since that one now is 16 yrs old.

I did finish up some elements to Christmas cards while waiting for DH to come back so I got a little something done. Not sure when the tree will get put up now...probably next weekend.
Sounds like you and CanadianKristin could compare flood notes. At least you had most stuff in plastic bins. Still, never fun and definitely not needed at this time of year! Good luck getting the tree up!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #52
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
No shorts for us here in Phoenix, either, but it's pleasant enough. Our country/western dance team did a holiday performance at Glendale Glitters last night and my son, DIL & DGDs showed up to watch. We had no idea they were coming, so when I heard a kid's voice shout out "Hi Grandma!" when we all came on stage, it sounded mighty familiar! I realized that it was my 7-yr-old DGD! We had a good performance and a bunch of the team went out for dinner afterwards. Fun night!

I've attached a pic DIL took of us. It's kind of blurry, but DH and I are in center front.
Wendy, I agree with Terry ... what an awesome picture too How fun to have the kids come
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #53
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is one of my last pages for 2013 done for Stash Busters, Scrap Lift challenges.

Home for the Holidays by sewflake - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 12-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #54
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post

Uggh! What a headache! Hope you stay dry from now on!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #55
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, finally got to last week's Progressive Challenge

Task 19
Old 12-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #56
Pearl-ExPert

I am cruising thru these calendar pages, lol! I got some more calendar pages done last night (and late Saturday night) so here they are!

April
May
November
December
Old 12-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #57
Proud Fan Club Member

Mary Pat, I know the feeling although ours is wet, drippy, and warm even when it's not raining. I keep forgetting how much fog we have in the winter.

Lela, time goes by fast doesn't it!! I get the same feeling of the circle still going when I go watch my DGK's play soccer, seems like we have spent many a year (different decades) on sideline of the field.

Wendy, what a great picture! I wonder if someone has started video scrapping??? Wouldn't that be amazing having 3d scrapbooks?? I bet the technology is possible (especially after seeing Avatar a few years ago ) but hmmmm not sure how I would like that. I guess we'll just stick with plain videos for now. Have you done an interactive page yet with digital??

Terry, are you dry yet?? Glad most everything was in plastic tubs!! Yea for plastic! We are not putting up a tree this year, which is spooking my DGS. He wants to know where we are going to put the presents!

I hate unexpected events during the holidays, our skylight has started to leak and the washing machine won't empty on the spin cycle. Hopefully both are easy fixes although it gets harder to find someone to do the repairs for you when you start getting too old to handle them yourself. I'm sill hoping its just a fluke with the washing machine and resetting ( unplug and waiting a couple minutes then plug it back in) it will get it working correctly. If it won't drain after this third load, then the next step is the plug!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
Yeah, finally got to last week's Progressive Challenge

Task 19

Your page is fun, Mary Pat! I'm looking forward to seeing what tasks Santa's first Elf adds tomorrow!

Everyone, don't forget to check out the Task #2 post tomorrow in the Digi Challenge thread!!!! (Everyone is welcome to play and it's not too late to start!!)
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #59
Gabfest Goddess

Subbing for TV Production class so I got another digi page completed . It's a companion page to Progressive 18: Bridging

Bridging (right)
daizees likes this post.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #60
Gallery Gazer

Morning! We did get dry but the dehumidifier is still working. Yesterday with all the ice, school was delayed by 2 hours and this morning it started to snow around 6 a.m. and school's been delayed again 2 hours but I have a feeling with the amount coming down only an hour later, that school is going to be canceled....guess my boss is going to have to give me the day off! Got the exterminator coming Monday morning so today will be a good one to do a really good cleaning throughout and then I'll be ready for the holidays.
Mary_Pat419 and daizees like this post.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #61
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, the only scrapping time I will have today is to clean my studio (I keep saying that but it never seems to get completely cleaned up) and catching up on comments. This will be the last week until after the holidays that I have daily computer time!! Why.... because I left everything till the last minute, as usual, which means I have had plenty of experience in handling the last minute rush!! Stay warm and safe everyone.
wendella247 and daizees like this post.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #62

Heart Santa's Sack Progressive Challenge-Task 2

Task 2 has been posted! Elf Lori has picked the steps for it. Check it out:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post20448282
Old 12-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #63
Insane Embellisher

Checking in today! I'm going to try to get caught up this week on my challenges...It's been a busy month...my sister asked for 12 Christmas cards for her clients, so I scrambled to get those made, they will go in the mail today! We attempted a trip to see my daughters final band concert at MSU and the darn weather cancelled those plans. Instead, I made the trip to pick her up for winter break on Monday(900 miles round trip!), came back yesterday with a car loaded and one friend! Missed the game winning 'activities' but did get to hear all the kids screaming on campus at midnight (a tradition they do during finals week)~good to be back! Been peeking at everyone's posts...so inspiring!
"To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan but also believe"
Lmn and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #64
Forum Fanatic

Hey, haven't checked in for a while. I've been sewing mostly. Sorry for the wet mess Terry! I want to get some scrapbook pages done soon because right after Christmas I will be getting my great grand - I'm so excited!
The sky was beautiful yesterday - perfect day to be out and about. If it could only be this way every day. I think the temp was in the high 70's to low 80's - sunny. We had to drive down to Sebastian for DD's dentist appt and just had a lovely day out - had a wonderful lunch at a Mexican restaurant and stopped to photograph a dilapidated building.
Attached Thumbnails
dscf1485.jpg  
Mary_Pat419, princessp1971 and Scrappy48 like this post.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #65
Pearl-ExPert

Got a few more pages linked up.
August 1
July
January

My mom is coming down today for Christmas shopping and I'm excited to see what she thinks about the pages I've made. As far as she knows its just what I'm making for her to give my aunt, but, we'll be giving my parents a copy and my siblings will all get one too this year!
Mary_Pat419 and Scrappy48 like this post.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #66
Pearl-ExPert

It's been such a busy month. Two of my friends & I participated in a couple of craft shows so I've been tied up. I don't even have my shopping done & now snow storms are predicted for the next 2 weekends! Well maybe I'll get back to scrapping.

Last month I did 3 pages (my progressive page is done but I didn't get it posted). so it brings my November YTD total to 58. I've signed up for the Scraplift & will do the progressive challenge too so I'll shoot for 4 pages. I'll be very short of my annual goal but I don't feel 59 pages will be too shabby!!

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #67
Proud Fan Club Member

Not as much time for scrapping this month which is probably a good thing as there isn't anything I want to get done other than a few kits to take on holiday with me next week. I have had to make gift tags this week as I forget to pick any up when I go shopping. Heaven knows if I don't get tags on them soon after wrapping I forget who they are for!
Lmn likes this post.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #68
Mad Swapper

Hi ladies. The Stash Busters Week 2 challenge is posted!

Did anyone else try to log onto SCS yesterday and get a message that it was infected with malware? My computer security settings wouldn't let me log on, and I was wondering if I was the only one having this problem. Logged on today with no issues.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #69
Proud Fan Club Member

I was having the same problem but I was thinking it was longer than just yesterday!! It feels like it has been days since I have been on.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #70
Pearl-ExPert

I had trouble the other day too. I was able to get on the SCS home page & gallery but not the forum. I didn't get a message about a virus but it was very strange. I decided to run a virus scan & it came up clear. Glad it's fixed.

Looks like a snowy weekend in NEPA without my DGS so hoping to scrap after I decorate the tree, finish my cards & wrap the gifts I've bought so far. Boy my list is getting long...maybe I should scrap first!

A GOOD friend shops with you for stamping supplies, aTRUE friend helps you hide them!
sewflake likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #71
Hardware Hotshot

Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Friends!!! Know that I think of you often and am scrapbooking with you if only in my mind! Have the urge to scrapbook and may even run over and print 10 pics to play with today. Saturdays are nice for that!

May this season bring you peace, love, joy, smiles, warm memories and just the slightest touch of chaos to keep it fun!!!!
Lmn, wendella247, sewflake and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

Here's three more calendar pages! My mom liked most of it but I did have to change out some photos in a page I've already shared, lol. She didn't like some that I had chosen. Oh well- that's why its digital!
I'm very close to done with my parents calendar but I've run out of creativity, haha...

March
May
June
Lmn likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #73
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Here Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Stamper View Post
Looks like a snowy weekend in NEPA without my DGS so hoping to scrap after I decorate the tree, finish my cards & wrap the gifts I've bought so far. Boy my list is getting long...maybe I should scrap first!
Well....3 inches of snow and ice last night and we're getting more so it's the perfect day again this Saturday to stay in. I dropped a roast in the crock pot and once I finish some house stuff I'm going to do the same as LouAnn and finish decorating my tree, wrap presents and scrap ....maybe I should scrap first too, LOL

Happy Saturday to everyone
Old 12-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #74
Proud Fan Club Member

That sounds like a great idea Lela, I think I'll do the same....... I'll roast something!

Last edited by Lmn; 12-15-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Lmn likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #75

Here's my Task 2 page for the Santa's Sack Dec. Progressive Challenge:

Dec. Progr. Chall 19 - Task 2-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tanya, I finally got my 2014 calendar done--a 12x12 using scrap pages I previously had made. I did have to create two pages--one for June (DGD #1's b'day month) and one for October (Halloween 2013.) Will probably post them later today. Anyway, got a notice from Shutterfly yesterday that the calendars are on their way. That's a relief!
daizees likes this post.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #76
Pearl-ExPert

I have one page left, and that is because the calendar my mom asked me to make her aunt for 2013 started later in the year because she asked me on Christmas Day! So I used 2012 Christmas photos for that calendar, and now I only have my family to work with and I need to represent "everyone" in my parents family! Anyway, I am SUPER close and so excited!! Here's the last from today...! (thank goodness for old sketches in the gallery here!!!)

Cover
February
March
April
Old 12-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #77
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
That sounds like a great idea Lela, I think I'll do the same....... I'll roast something!
It worked perfectly! I didn't get all the decorating done BUT I did get all the wrapping done, my paper for a class I'm taking written & got my scraplift pages done

I'm off to scrap again this afternoon, even better
daizees likes this post.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #78

Here's one of the two pages I needed for my 12x12 calendar:

Wish Come True-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And here's the October (Halloween) page:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=63080

My calendars have been ordered and are on their way!

Yay!

Last edited by wendella247; 12-15-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 12-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #79
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via AIM to princessp1971

Guess I need to put down a goal before the month is over...I'm only going to go for 2 that way I wont be so upset if I don't make it!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Aug.11/5 Sept 0/8 YTD 81/115
Old 12-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #80
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
Well....3 inches of snow and ice last night and we're getting more so it's the perfect day again this Saturday to stay in. I dropped a roast in the crock pot and once I finish some house stuff I'm going to do the same as LouAnn and finish decorating my tree, wrap presents and scrap ....maybe I should scrap first too, LOL

Happy Saturday to everyone
I have to give you a shout out Lela!!! I put chicken breasts (the only thing I could find in the freezer other than ground beef), cream of chicken soup, dry lipton onion soup mix, a can of mushrooms and a little water in the crock pot yesterday after reading your post. I served it over rice, YUM! DH said he was a little leery when his dished it up but it sure tasted good. Anything that makes him happy, makes me happy. Thanks again for mentioning crock pot cooking!!!