In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,930
Arrow 2010 Scrap, Stamp, Album Goals

They say if you write down your goals, you're 50% more likely to achieve them! I thought we could each make a post of our 2010 "Craft" (scrap, cards, gifts, mini-albums, alterables) Annual Goals. By writing them down, let's hope that we get lots more done ... if nothing else, we'll get to track our progress!

Post your Annual Goals here and we can update progress monthly!
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 252/144 Pages; Cards: 373/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' December
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Stampin' Fool
 
jenstampingpad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: I reside in Wisconsin.
Posts: 1,364
Send a message via Yahoo to jenstampingpad
Default

My goals are to get 16 pages done each month.
I will throw in some gifts too, just because I know that I have to make some





__________________
Hoppy Stamping~Jennifer http://jenstampingpad.blogspot.com/
http://jenscookingpad.blogspot.com/
:)
jenstampingpad is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 680
Default

I'm in for 2010. I like the fact that it's a combo crafting goal as I've been making things other than pages. Still thinking what my goal will be for the coming year.
RDeaton is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert
 
awjmgmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshkosh by gosh ;)
Posts: 2,515
Default

I'm in for this one too ... especially since in the next 3 hrs I need to make a side dish and 2 gifties for Christmas #2....
__________________
v ~
Valerie in WI

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
awjmgmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #5
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

Right now my goal is roughly 10-12 SB pages per month for 154. Mostly because I know I will make 104 SB pages doing the 365 day project. But I also know that March will probably be non existent for me with the birth of the baby. I then want to make 2 spreads for every spread I make of the baby, since I have really not done any of Maddy as a baby and need to get her book going. So I am hoping to slowly catch up on that while I stay on top of the new baby's book (good plan huh?)

I have also committed to making 10 cards per month via the Christmas Card Challenge (so 120) there as well. And try to use 90% stash

That is my minimum goal!

I am then going to pay myself $2 for each SB page and $1 per card, so hopefully by November I have about $350 bucks or more to either go spend on myself or for birthday/christmas
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7

Last edited by cla616; 12-26-2009 at 06:32 AM..
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Annie's Pantry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Posts: 13,064
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry
Default

Yahoo!!!! For 2010....

My goals this year are changing, for many different reasons, but mostly because as the boys have grown and left to do their own thing, I find that I have fewer and fewer pictures to scrap. So instead of the usual 400 pages a year I am going down to 150. I want to throw in some more crafty stuff and cards. My big goal this year is to try and move my business forward... I want it to be more of a money maker than a hobby for amusement. And because of this goal... my budget goals will also be changing. I am going to set a goal of $10.00 a month for personal & non business related items. But the key here, for me at least, is I can only spend/save after I have met all my monthly goals and used my stash. So.... hummmmm...... what are my goals for this year?

Scrapbook pages completed 12 monthly / 150 for the year.
Cards (all sizes, ATCs & Swaps) completed 25 monthly / 300 for the year
Paper Crafts & Altered Items completed 5 projects monthly / 60 projects for the year
__________________
Anavon
Annie's Pantry BLOG
SBC 90 YTD ~ Cards 3 Nov. ~ ALT. Projects 1 Nov.

Last edited by Annie's Pantry; 12-26-2009 at 08:33 AM..
Annie's Pantry is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
Gabfest Goddess
 
Mary_Pat419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,930
Default

Okay...I've missed my goal of 12 pages per month for the past two years...so I need to be more realistic...10 pages per month So 120 for the Year...maybe a round number will be better luck! This is a combo of paper and digi.

I also need to use all those stamp sets I bought over the years so I'll set a goal of 5 per month...60 for the year.

I also want to start doing other projects but knowing how untalented I am in this arena I will shoot for 1 a month...12 for the year.

I do want to learn more about photography so at least two classes and join the Photo Hobby group in town.

That's MORE than enough for me!
__________________
Mary Pat
2014 Goal: 20/48
(J:8/F:10/M:2/A:0/M:0/J:0/J:0/A:0/S:/O:/N:/D:)

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 12-26-2009 at 09:34 AM..
Mary_Pat419 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Stampin' Fool
 
scrapinnut620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Posts: 1,441
Default

I can't remember my 2009 goal but whatever it was I know I didn't make it. This time I am more determined and setting realistic goals. So I will use my work and personal calendar to coordinate. I am setting my goals month to month because of that and an upcoming surgery in February which will leave me unable to do much for about 4 months.

So, January will be 10 pages and 20 cards, minimum. I have a getaway planned and one scrap day with one of the clubs so if I socialize a little less, I should be able to meet or exceed my goal.

And 1 picture a day goal to make a story out of and create an album for 2010. Not your ordinary album like Christmas picture or Halloween picture but something inspiring or food for thought. That in itself will be a challenge for me. The one who always seems to forget her camera when she travels.
__________________
Scrapinnut620
My Gallery
scrapinnut620 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamptician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On the Coast of North Carolina
Posts: 10,125
Default

First of all, Lela, I wanted to say that I love this idea of sharing our craft goals other than scrapping. Somewhere along the way I got so hung up on scrapping that I totally quit making cards or other paper-crafted items.
Here are some goals I want to achieve in 2010:
  • create at least one handmade card a week
  • use my Cricut machine as well as other die-cutters I own
  • create a "year in my life" album
  • use my camera more often
  • dust off my stamps and put them to use on my scrapbook layouts
  • start painting again
I'm sure there are more things I would like to focus on but this is enough for now.
__________________
stamptician is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:28 AM   #10
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
Right now my goal is roughly 10-12 SB pages per month for 154. Mostly because I know I will make 104 SB pages doing the 365 day project. But I also know that March will probably be non existent for me with the birth of the baby. I then want to make 2 spreads for every spread I make of the baby, since I have really not done any of Maddy as a baby and need to get her book going. So I am hoping to slowly catch up on that while I stay on top of the new baby's book (good plan huh?)

I have also committed to making 10 cards per month via the Christmas Card Challenge (so 120) there as well. And try to use 90% stash

That is my minimum goal!

I am then going to pay myself $2 for each SB page and $1 per card, so hopefully by November I have about $350 bucks or more to either go spend on myself or for birthday/christmas
We think very similar, your goals are looking close to the ones that I've been trying to write down for myself.....when is your baby due?
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

She's due Feb 24th Less than 2 months, my how time flies!!!
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 680
Default

I've had time to think about this and I will set monthly goals, but not a yearly goal at this point. I have committed to 3 cards a month for the Christmas Card Challenge and posted my January 2010 goal at 15 pages. I was astounded at the $$$ I spent in 2009. So for 2010, I will be using all the things I purchased in 2009 - I hope
RDeaton is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva
 
rdoak03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middletown, OH
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via Yahoo to rdoak03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
Okay...I've missed my goal of 12 pages per month for the past two years...so I need to be more realistic...10 pages per month So 120 for the Year...maybe a round number will be better luck! This is a combo of paper and digi.

I also need to use all those stamp sets I bought over the years so I'll set a goal of 5 per month...60 for the year.

I also want to start doing other projects but knowing how untalented I am in this arena I will shoot for 1 a month...12 for the year.

I do want to learn more about photography so at least two classes and join the Photo Hobby group in town.

That's MORE than enough for me!
A photo hobby group sounds like fun! There is also a photography thread on here that posts challenges to stretch your vision and skills. I am doing Project 365 this year on my blog just for that reason!
__________________
Bekah- Reflections...on Living Creatively
rdoak03 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Annie's Pantry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Posts: 13,064
Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry
Default

Good Morning....!
__________________
Anavon
Annie's Pantry BLOG
SBC 90 YTD ~ Cards 3 Nov. ~ ALT. Projects 1 Nov.
Annie's Pantry is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDeaton View Post
I've had time to think about this and I will set monthly goals, but not a yearly goal at this point. I have committed to 3 cards a month for the Christmas Card Challenge and posted my January 2010 goal at 15 pages. I was astounded at the $$$ I spent in 2009. So for 2010, I will be using all the things I purchased in 2009 - I hope
I was really caught off guard on my spending as well when I started tracking it....OuCh!@!
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #16
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
She's due Feb 24th Less than 2 months, my how time flies!!!

Wow!! That is the same day I am due!! Small world huh!
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Default

Do you ladies count pages that you've started but not finished in your count? I have a whle stack of pages that need journaling, embellishments, missing pictures etc.....Just trying to set my goal amount.
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,930
Talking well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetsix View Post
Do you ladies count pages that you've started but not finished in your count? I have a whle stack of pages that need journaling, embellishments, missing pictures etc.....Just trying to set my goal amount.
we're really flexible! We're going for finished scrap pages so I would count them if you get them completed and in the scrapbooks! It's all good!
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 252/144 Pages; Cards: 373/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' December
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #19
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetsix View Post
Wow!! That is the same day I am due!! Small world huh!
hehe, will be fun to compare our spreads. Actual due date is Mar 1, but coming by c-sec so scheduled for Feb 24. Unless she decides to come earlier - like my Maddy did, she was 10 days early!!!! However, I vote for scheduled this time
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #20
Gabfest Goddess
 
Mary_Pat419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,930
Default

I am generally not a card maker so I don't 'hang' out in any of the card Forums...but, I was over at the VSBN Forum and saw that VSN has posted their upcoming event: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...1#post15779601

Thought I'd share for those of you like me...looking to make a few more cards this year
__________________
Mary Pat
2014 Goal: 20/48
(J:8/F:10/M:2/A:0/M:0/J:0/J:0/A:0/S:/O:/N:/D:)
Mary_Pat419 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 AM   #21
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
hehe, will be fun to compare our spreads. Actual due date is Mar 1, but coming by c-sec so scheduled for Feb 24. Unless she decides to come earlier - like my Maddy did, she was 10 days early!!!! However, I vote for scheduled this time
Yes, it will be fun to compare...we have a Madie too!! The world continues to get smaller...haha
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #22
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Default

Ok, I'm setting my goal high...but I have close to 50 pages that just need a little something to finish up and they are done...so my goal is 400. I'm also going to try and get 3 cards done per month, and 1 altered project each month.

Now I just need to figure out my budget goals!! I spent way to much last year!
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #23
Gabfest Goddess
 
Mary_Pat419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetsix View Post
Ok, I'm setting my goal high...but I have close to 50 pages that just need a little something to finish up and they are done...so my goal is 400. I'm also going to try and get 3 cards done per month, and 1 altered project each month.

Now I just need to figure out my budget goals!! I spent way to much last year!
400 pages! WOWZA! Good luck ! I find that the more I create, the less I spend...so maybe you'll do better this year with all this creativity!
__________________
Mary Pat
2014 Goal: 20/48
(J:8/F:10/M:2/A:0/M:0/J:0/J:0/A:0/S:/O:/N:/D:)
Mary_Pat419 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #24
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Posts: 15,930
Talking Fun!

Lots of GREAT ideas here! I'm still thinking on mine
__________________
Lela -- Scrap Blog -- Cards & Stuff Blog Scrapbook Goal 2014: 252/144 Pages; Cards: 373/288;
Come Join Us Scrappin' December
Lmn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 148
Default

In 2010 my goals are ...
1. Aim for 300 layouts.
2. 12 mini books.
3. My nieces' name album completed. Yup - she's going to be two this year and this was part of her present in 2009.
4. Keep to my budget. Really - no cheating this year. I have to "earn" my kits before I buy them ($5 per page, $1 per card, $50 per week if I workout 3 times per week).
5. 3 crops with friends - and plan to be productive!!
6. Do the P365 or whatever it's called for 2010.
7. Actually LEARN how to use my SLR camera!!!
8. Get my room organized so there's nothing on the floor.
9. Use my kits more (see #8 and that what's mainly on the floor )
10. Make a stamp binder/rolodex/something so I stop buying stamps that are so similar!!
Kris74 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #26
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris74 View Post
In 2010 my goals are ...
1. Aim for 300 layouts.
2. 12 mini books.
3. My nieces' name album completed. Yup - she's going to be two this year and this was part of her present in 2009.
4. Keep to my budget. Really - no cheating this year. I have to "earn" my kits before I buy them ($5 per page, $1 per card, $50 per week if I workout 3 times per week).
5. 3 crops with friends - and plan to be productive!!
6. Do the P365 or whatever it's called for 2010.
7. Actually LEARN how to use my SLR camera!!!
8. Get my room organized so there's nothing on the floor.
9. Use my kits more (see #8 and that what's mainly on the floor )
10. Make a stamp binder/rolodex/something so I stop buying stamps that are so similar!!
Please share the name album when it's completed, I think these are so cool looking but don't really know where to begin on one.

Sounds like you have some fantastic goals, my goal too is to keep my area neat(er) and productive as well so I don't have to spend so much time getting it ready each time I want to create. Plan is to put away as soon as I use, really no need to leave anything out unless the project will take me more than 1 day.
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #27
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris74 View Post
In 2010 my goals are ...
1. Aim for 300 layouts.
2. 12 mini books.
3. My nieces' name album completed. Yup - she's going to be two this year and this was part of her present in 2009.
4. Keep to my budget. Really - no cheating this year. I have to "earn" my kits before I buy them ($5 per page, $1 per card, $50 per week if I workout 3 times per week).
5. 3 crops with friends - and plan to be productive!!
6. Do the P365 or whatever it's called for 2010.
7. Actually LEARN how to use my SLR camera!!!
8. Get my room organized so there's nothing on the floor.
9. Use my kits more (see #8 and that what's mainly on the floor )
10. Make a stamp binder/rolodex/something so I stop buying stamps that are so similar!!


I would be interested in the name album info too. Great goals - good luck.
RDeaton is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #28
Swapper of the Month September 2012
 
mrslaporte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in a hardwood forest of central WI :)
Posts: 6,251
Smile

Wow ladies I'm excited to begin my plans for 2010.

1. Complete 180 SB pages.
2. Complete 100 cards. (I ran out of Christmas cards in 2009 so I'm thinking a Christmas Card challenge will be one of the things I need to stay on track.)
3. Participate in 6 swaps. (recipe books, cards, etc.)
4. Exercise my body not just my creativity. . . I want to track minutes walked or doing classes. 3,120 minutes. . . that's just 60 min. weekly but I need to start somewhere.
5. My budget is a work in progress. . I think $300 for the year, not including what is given to me.
6. Complete 4 craft projects other than papercrafts. . (quilted wall hangings, gifts, crocheted items)

Keep posted as I work on it.
mrslaporte is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
Gallery Gazer
 
eeddmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaporte View Post
Wow ladies I'm excited to begin my plans for 2010.

1. Complete 180 SB pages.
2. Complete 100 cards. (I ran out of Christmas cards in 2009 so I'm thinking a Christmas Card challenge will be one of the things I need to stay on track.)
3. Participate in 6 swaps. (recipe books, cards, etc.)
4. Exercise my body not just my creativity. . . I want to track minutes walked or doing classes. 3,120 minutes. . . that's just 60 min. weekly but I need to start somewhere.
5. My budget is a work in progress. . I think $300 for the year, not including what is given to me.
6. Complete 4 craft projects other than papercrafts. . (quilted wall hangings, gifts, crocheted items)

Keep posted as I work on it.
Did you know that SCS has a Christmas Card Challenge thread? I joined it last year, made 40 cards (I think) and by November, the adhesive had come apart so I had to retape them all...still working on them They are now going to be Happy New Year cards! lol! I actually had a SIL from out of state call and ask me what happened to my card this year! I didn't know they cared!
__________________
Terry - 2014 Scrap pages 20/12 YTD - Cards 9/150
PM me with changes or additions to the Scrappy SWAK list
eeddmm is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #30
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

yep I know Michele and I have joined the Christmas Card Challenge, was great for last year, so I have to do it again, I thought I would have extras, but I didn't, so time to start over, hoping to get Jan done in the next week or so, already know what I want to do, so need to do it after I finish another swap that is due, umm, tomorrow, but we won't go there
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #31
Pearl-ExPert
 
awjmgmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshkosh by gosh ;)
Posts: 2,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
yep I know Michele and I have joined the Christmas Card Challenge, was great for last year, so I have to do it again, I thought I would have extras, but I didn't, so time to start over, hoping to get Jan done in the next week or so, already know what I want to do, so need to do it after I finish another swap that is due, umm, tomorrow, but we won't go there

need to go find that link myself so I can set a goal related to Christmas cards.
__________________
v ~
Valerie in WI

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
awjmgmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:08 AM   #32
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

it's in the Splitcoast Challenge forum, and has it's own forum as well, just like you use to find the Scrapbooking ones
so
SCS -> Stamping Stuff -> Splitcoast Challenges -> Christmas Card Challenge
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #33
Pearl-ExPert
 
awjmgmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshkosh by gosh ;)
Posts: 2,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
it's in the Splitcoast Challenge forum, and has it's own forum as well, just like you use to find the Scrapbooking ones
so
SCS -> Stamping Stuff -> Splitcoast Challenges -> Christmas Card Challenge
Thanks C~ Mrs. Laporte got me set up too... I needed to think over my goal... dh and I discussed last night. I told him one of my goals is to have a scrappy day more often (ie 1 per mth) so we were discussing his assistance with that....
__________________
v ~
Valerie in WI

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
awjmgmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #34
Matboard Maniac
 
lorrinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 316
Post

I am fairly new to this, I started out in a monthly card club, got hooked on CTMH because of their coordinated "Faster,Simpler,Easier" products, and decided to become a consultant just to get a deal on supplies in order to build up my stash! My original plan was to get all of my photos creatively archived for all time, but somewhere along the way I forgot about scrapbooking and have been spending all of my time making cards. I hope this challenge will really help me to stay focused!

My personal craft goals for each month of 2010 are:
Scrapbook pages - 8 (That's only 2 pages per week...I can DO this! Ill have 104 pages by the end of the year! )
Christmas cards and tags - 6 of each (I already signed up for challenge CCC10)
Cards for other occasions - 4 (only 1 per week...easy)

I have read some of the other goals posted here and am in awe! I am a working Mom so I need to schedule and devote time to this, my plan is to not watch TV unless I am crafting too (I put a TV in my craft/spare room just for me )

Wish me luck, my New Year's resolutions have a way of fizzling out by Feb, maybe documenting my goals in front of the world will help me stick to them.

BTW: Are we supposed to sign in monthly to track our progress, or post pics to a challenge gallery or anything like that? Could someone let me know?
__________________
Lorrinda
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted...
If you put it in your faves, it deserves a comment!
My gallery ~ My Blog ~ My website
lorrinda is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #35
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cla616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: not the big city
Posts: 5,014
Send a message via Yahoo to cla616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjmgmom View Post
Thanks C~ Mrs. Laporte got me set up too... I needed to think over my goal... dh and I discussed last night. I told him one of my goals is to have a scrappy day more often (ie 1 per mth) so we were discussing his assistance with that....
I hope you guys are able to have a good discussion regarding that, I think at times hubbies forget that SAHM's really have a tough job too, and gets tiring after awhile ALWAYS catering to someone else, it's really important to have a little me time once in a blue moon too (like tonight)

So work it through and definitely start devoting some time to the things you love.

We have Maddy starting preschool on Tues, it's only 2 days a week for a couple of hours, but I am looking forward to having a little time to myself, and when the baby comes, hopefully I can get her to nap during those couple of hours too and get a little rest as well!!!
__________________
Living in the land of "The Walking Dead"
aka: 25 miles south of Atlanta and 100 Years away
2013 Goals:
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
cla616 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #36
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
Please share the name album when it's completed, I think these are so cool looking but don't really know where to begin on one.
Well ... I'm not quite sure how it's going to look either LOL, but this is what I was thinking. I have an 8x8 pink album I picked up at M's. Each page is going to have a different letter of her name, a description and at least one picture on it. (Charlotte). C - cousin, H - Happy (because she's the happiest kid I know!!) She just turned 1 in October (this was supposed to be part of her gift ... maybe next year ) so there's a bit of personality I can work with.
Kris74 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #37
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Did you know that SCS has a Christmas Card Challenge thread? I joined it last year, made 40 cards (I think) and by November, the adhesive had come apart so I had to retape them all...still working on them They are now going to be Happy New Year cards! lol! I actually had a SIL from out of state call and ask me what happened to my card this year! I didn't know they cared!
This is such a good idea!! I think I may give this a try as well as I ran out this year and still working on Holiday cards!!
Kris74 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #38
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrinda View Post
I am fairly new to this, I started out in a monthly card club, got hooked on CTMH because of their coordinated "Faster,Simpler,Easier" products, and decided to become a consultant just to get a deal on supplies in order to build up my stash! My original plan was to get all of my photos creatively archived for all time, but somewhere along the way I forgot about scrapbooking and have been spending all of my time making cards. I hope this challenge will really help me to stay focused!

My personal craft goals for each month of 2010 are:
Scrapbook pages - 8 (That's only 2 pages per week...I can DO this! Ill have 104 pages by the end of the year! )
Christmas cards and tags - 6 of each (I already signed up for challenge CCC10)
Cards for other occasions - 4 (only 1 per week...easy)

I have read some of the other goals posted here and am in awe! I am a working Mom so I need to schedule and devote time to this, my plan is to not watch TV unless I am crafting too (I put a TV in my craft/spare room just for me )

Wish me luck, my New Year's resolutions have a way of fizzling out by Feb, maybe documenting my goals in front of the world will help me stick to them.

BTW: Are we supposed to sign in monthly to track our progress, or post pics to a challenge gallery or anything like that? Could someone let me know?
I'm working mom as well with a busy preschooler so I don't get much done during the week. However, I tend to turn into a night owl on the weekends LOL. Hubby knows that any Friday and/or Saturday evenings we're at home are completely mine past 9pm and DS is in bed and I usually get my best pages done then. For me it's worth being exhausted come Monday morning.

I believe how it worked last time was near the end of the month/whenever you hit your goal for that month you posted and Lela updated the totals. HTH
Kris74 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #39
Pearl-ExPert
 
awjmgmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshkosh by gosh ;)
Posts: 2,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrinda View Post
BTW: Are we supposed to sign in monthly to track our progress, or post pics to a challenge gallery or anything like that? Could someone let me know?
Lorrinda, there is a scrapping only goals thread (by month) that we all post our scrapping goals for the month at the beginning of each month and then we check in with each other. It helps for the accountability. You can check in, update your signature only, post if you like or simply try on your own. It really is up to you how much you are involved. I encourage you to check in and share what you've done. Lela gives us a code in the gallery each month so we can encourage with words of praise. Jan's code is SBC10Jan. use this as a keyword for scrapping. Not sure if I saw one for this thread, but many of us are participating in both..

You will be more successful if you participate, but that has to be defined by you. The prize is pages completed and a sense of accomplishment and at the same time you will be encouraged by a great bunch of crafters that will grow to love you like a sister

Try this link to get to that thread as well.
2010 January Scrap Goal - SBC10Jan
__________________
v ~
Valerie in WI

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
awjmgmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #40
Pearl-ExPert
 
awjmgmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshkosh by gosh ;)
Posts: 2,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla616 View Post
I hope you guys are able to have a good discussion regarding that, I think at times hubbies forget that SAHM's really have a tough job too, and gets tiring after awhile ALWAYS catering to someone else, it's really important to have a little me time once in a blue moon too (like tonight)

So work it through and definitely start devoting some time to the things you love.

We have Maddy starting preschool on Tues, it's only 2 days a week for a couple of hours, but I am looking forward to having a little time to myself, and when the baby comes, hopefully I can get her to nap during those couple of hours too and get a little rest as well!!!

I lost a whole year with DS2, but you have tons more energy than me, so I hope that your plan works!

I had an epiphany this morning about time management and being a sahm so I need to sit down with some peace and quiet and think about how I want to manage things in 2010. I have to put my business sense back on and treat my day as my job and use my spare time wisely while deciding what the "business" of raising my children is... I know that sounds very clinical, but it's more about investing my time wisely and part of that is in my children.

I'm looking at the word ENRICH as a word for 2010....
__________________
v ~
Valerie in WI

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
awjmgmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off