Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Release Parties (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-f219/)
-   -   Anni-Verve-sary 2012 Challenges Day 5 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-f219/anni-verve-sary-2012-challenges-day-5-a-t559460.html)

dizzymommie 08-16-2012 09:20 PM

Anni-Verve-sary 2012 Challenges Day 5

3 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the last day of our Anni-VERVE-sary challenges! Amy and I are challenging you to create whatever you love to do in your crafting time, as long as it isn’t a card. That’s right, we are challenging you to create….

------------------------------------------

http://site.shopverve.com/vvimages/AVS/AVS12E_ABC.gif

When loading to SCS, use the KEYWORD: VSAVS12E
Click HERE to see the VSAVS12E Gallery

------------------------------------------

Details!

We’re celebrating 5 wonderful years of Verve and are so excited to share our new release with you! To kick the party off, every day this week we’ll post a fun new challenge for you. Be sure to take a close look at our samples, because you just might see some super sneaky peeks of what’s releasing later this month! You’ll have until 5PM Eastern on Friday, August 24 to complete the challenge and upload your creations with the provided keywords. We’ll draw a random winner from each challenge gallery to win a special prize package of new stamps and dies! Winners will be announced at our release party that night (you don’t need to be present to win).

But that’s not all! Play along in all 5 of the challenges and then link your creations up in the Release Champions thread for a chance to win our entire new release (a $300+ value)! To be eligible, creations must be new (posted 8/13 or later) and you must make 5 total projects (no combining of challenges, please). Verve stamps are not required but we sure do love to see ‘em!!!

Teresa and Amber’s Color Challenge – Day 1

Maureen’s Anniversary Challenge – Day 2

Julee and Laurie’s Sketch Challenge – Day 3

Charmaine and Tosh’s CAS Challenge – Day 4

This challenge's awesome sample artists (who RAWK if you ask me!)
Teresa has some awesome tags!
Amy has some sweet gift bags!
Maureen has some adorable bookmarks!
Thanks for the samples to get us started ladies!

dizzymommie 08-16-2012 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's my quaint treat box dolled up with some Verve sneaky peeks!

Irishlatte 08-17-2012 06:54 AM

Janelle...that box is just the sweetest, but the most important question I have is...are there candies inside? I can't believe I haven't had a yummy photo shoot yet...but there's still a week left! ;)

allee's 08-17-2012 07:14 AM

Here is my entry in the Anything But a Card Challenge:

Birthday Bauble

cullenwr 08-17-2012 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my PURSE BOX minus the yummies (none on hand but plans are to fill it up for a gift real soon)!

dizzymommie 08-17-2012 08:46 AM

Oh Maureen! You know me too well! LOL There were candies ready, but they seem to have disappeared when it was time for the photo shoot!

faithfullycrafting 08-17-2012 10:14 AM

Wonderful challenge! Beautiful projects. I whipped up a bookmark for this challenge~

Magirk 08-17-2012 11:33 AM

Here's a tag from me for Day 5.

Thanks so much for all the fun challenges - it did me a world of good to get creative this week! ;-)

Vervegirl 08-17-2012 01:04 PM

Beautiful projects so far!!! Love me some tags, gift packaging and bookmarks!

Here's my k-cup caddy... Hi Friend K-Cup Caddy by Vervegirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cullenwr 08-17-2012 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my second project...a birthday gift tag using the tiny Verve cupcake on a flattened bottle cap.

Irishlatte 08-17-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymommie (Post 19624836)
Oh Maureen! You know me too well! LOL There were candies ready, but they seem to have disappeared when it was time for the photo shoot!

I hear ya, Janelle...that's why I have to take the photos the same day they come into the house! LOL ;)

T. Joy 08-17-2012 06:07 PM

Here's mine! I might go back and fix my picture, though... it was one of those days!

VSAVS12E - Warm Wishes Tag by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BTW - how would I add a link to Verve in my gallery entries if I want to enter them in the Card Carnival??

darbaby 08-17-2012 06:08 PM

Here's a Bookmark I did for this challenge.
I am really enjoying these challenges.

Irishlatte 08-17-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19626140)
Here's mine! I might go back and fix my picture, though... it was one of those days!

VSAVS12E - Warm Wishes Tag by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BTW - how would I add a link to Verve in my gallery entries if I want to enter them in the Card Carnival??

I'm thinking you could go back into your posts and edit them...I think you'd add something like this...

[*URL=http://shopverve.com/cardcarnival.html]Verve Blog[/URL]

just take out the "*" asterisks I added after the first bracket...I had to put that in so you could see the code...otherwise it would turn up as a linked word...I'm not an expert, but that's what I would do...

Divas! Julee! Would this work?

Try it, Tricia and let me know how it goes :)

Irishlatte 08-17-2012 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are a couple of extra photos of my bookmarks...the backs of them and the GCs that inspired them :)

PickleTree 08-18-2012 03:10 AM

These are just awesome, ladies! Thanks for playing along!

tessaduck 08-18-2012 06:28 AM

Yea! I got my swap "cards" done! Thanks.

welcome back by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

btw, I ended up making two batches of these bags. The first six were rainbow colored and the images were goofed up-- hard to see. I found out that ink behaves differently on bond weight paper. Fades fast and blurs, so I assembled and stamped more bags using brighter, better inks.

dizzymommie 08-18-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduck (Post 19627136)
Yea! I got my swap "cards" done! Thanks.

welcome back by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

btw, I ended up making two batches of these bags. The first six were rainbow colored and the images were goofed up-- hard to see. I found out that ink behaves differently on bond weight paper. Fades fast and blurs, so I assembled and stamped more bags using brighter, better inks.

Those bags are awesome!

dizzymommie 08-18-2012 01:40 PM

Tricia? Wondering if you tried Maureen's code? I think it should work.

dizzymommie 08-18-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishlatte (Post 19626373)
here are a couple of extra photos of my bookmarks...the backs of them and the GCs that inspired them :)

When you said that the GC inspired you... you really meant it Moe! That's awesome how you matched them all with cardstock and inks!

Irishlatte 08-18-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymommie (Post 19627631)
When you said that the GC inspired you... you really meant it Moe! That's awesome how you matched them all with cardstock and inks!

what's really sweet about this is the twins spent Wednesday morning in the studio making cards with me and used some of the new sets! Will have to post what they made at the release party. They had a ball! And I think they like their bookmarks even more now that they know what goes into hand crafting :)

dizzymommie 08-18-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishlatte (Post 19627648)
what's really sweet about this is the twins spent Wednesday morning in the studio making cards with me and used some of the new sets! Will have to post what they made at the release party. They had a ball! And I think they like their bookmarks even more now that they know what goes into hand crafting :)

Oh how sweet! I can't wait to see them!

Tangerine Dream 08-18-2012 03:59 PM

These are my favorite kind of challenges!! Thanks :)

tweetybugshouse 08-18-2012 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this was a fun challenge. I made a baby banner for an upcoming baby shower. Hard to photograph but i think it turned out adorable.

gbedwright 08-19-2012 05:23 AM

I have an ABC Project which is for the Spotlight Hops Day4!

Inspirational Desk Cubes!

nlsmith68 08-19-2012 08:38 AM

What a fun challenge! I decorated some tiny 3x3 canvases with a few of my favorite inspirational sentiments from the Words of Wisdom set. Plan to hang them together as a little art display in my craft room.

Mini Canvases

Olena 1977 08-19-2012 09:45 AM

This challenge is awesome. Here's my project: Vintage Pumpkin Blue tag

JadeOnline 08-20-2012 10:11 AM

My first tag!! Tag, You're It! by JadeOnline - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

im-crafty 08-20-2012 08:27 PM

What fun! Happy birthday, Verve!! Here's my tag -

Birthday Wishes

Sian 08-21-2012 07:07 AM

Yay!! Day 5 is still on page one of threads! I was starting to think I was the only person who hadn't completed all these fabulous challenges :)

Here's my notes/note holder for this challenge. I think I'm going to use it as a gift for someone for Christmas (I know - the dreaded 'C' word and it's still "summer" - sorry guys!)

It was nice to make something a little different, so thank you for prompting me to make a project I've been meaning to do for a while :)

Laters, ladies :)

ohmypaper! 08-21-2012 05:46 PM

I went with a bookmark for my ABC. I am not sure I am going to give this away but if I don't I guess I should wait to give it to myself until Dec!!! LOL

here is Birthday Wishes

TheatreDiva 08-21-2012 06:41 PM

Here's my Bookmark.

Courage

stamper0353 08-22-2012 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a baby "gift tag" Had alot of fun playing along.

Aimes 08-22-2012 02:13 PM

YAY!!! I did it!!! Played along with all 5 challenges - patting myself on the back right now! :wink:

For this challenge I created a tag to coordinate with the CAS card I created for Challenge 4: HAPPY Birthday Tag

This tag will also be heading to my brother with the card I created previously. I'm thinking I should maybe stamp coordinating wrapping paper too! :p

Thanks for the fun challenges, I loved playing along with you Divas - you ROCK! :D

Kanatanewf 08-22-2012 06:24 PM

PHEW! All done! Is it too early for Hallowe'en?

VSAVS12E - Happy Hallowe'en

khowardga 08-23-2012 04:37 AM

I kept my anything but a card relatively simple to go with the card I created. It's a pillow box decorated with a belly band. My creation here.

scrapper79 08-23-2012 06:14 AM

I needed out of the box - great challenge!!

Tag/Bookmark

Mys_T 08-23-2012 07:44 AM

Woohoo! Finished! :)

And here's my non-card!

lisabeepianolovin 08-23-2012 07:47 AM

I amazed myself by creating a {dreaded} tag!

A Tag

Twinlynn 08-23-2012 11:46 AM

Here's my ABC project. Well, that's ONE Christmas present done early!

VSAVS12E - Teacher's Bundle of Thanks by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn