Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Release Parties (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-f219/)
-   -   Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenges Day 2 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-f219/anni-verve-sary-2012-challenges-day-2-a-t559312.html)

Irishlatte 08-13-2012 08:58 PM

Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenges Day 2

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Verve fans and welcome to Day 2 of our Anni-VERVE-sary challenges! We’re celebrating 5 wonderful years of Verve and are so excited to share our new release with you! To kick the party off, every day this week we’ll post a fun new challenge for you.

To continue the celebrations, my sweet Diva Sistah, Andrea, and I are hosting an Anniversary Card Challenge. This Diva knows all about celebrating a 5th Anniversary because the DH and I celebrated our 5th this year :) The modern gift for your 5th is "Silverware," and the Traditional gift is "Wood." So that's your challenge! Make an anniversary card with wood or silver elements or BOTH! (hint: wood can be a wood button, wood grain patterned paper, wood grain embossing, etc., or balsa wood like my heart).

Be sure to take a close look at our samples, because you just might see some super sneaky peeks of what’s releasing later this month! You’ll have until 5PM Eastern on Friday, August 24 to complete the challenge and upload your creations with the provided keywords. We’ll draw a random winner from each challenge gallery to win a special prize package of new stamps and dies! Winners will be announced at our release party that night (you don’t need to be present to win).

But that’s not all! Play along in all 5 of the challenges and then link your creations up in the Release Champions thread for a chance to win our entire new release (a $300+ value)! To be eligible, creations must be new (posted 8/13 or later) and you must make 5 total projects (no combining of challenges, please). Verve stamps are not required but we sure do love to see ‘em!!!

When loading to SCS, use the KEYWORD: VSAVS12B
Click here to view the VSAVS12B Challenge Gallery
http://site.shopverve.com/vvimages/A...nniversary.gif

Thanks to Teresa for a stunning sample as always and to my co host, Andrea, for her uber elegant card :) And that's mine at the end with a sentiment close to my heart :)We cannot wait to see what you create, remember to have fun!

Sian 08-13-2012 11:44 PM

Ooh, this is an interesting challenge! I like it! Really, really gorgeous examples with some awesome new Verve I see! Loving the new font style ;) I just know this release is going to be terrible for my bank balance!! :)

blog

va.sunshine 08-14-2012 02:40 AM

luv this challenge....silver and bling go great together...thanks ladies for the fun!

T. Joy 08-14-2012 05:47 AM

Ooo - What fun new Verve coming out! Can I borrow one of your stamps to make my challenge card with??? {insert innocent look here} ;)

Shadow's Mom 08-14-2012 06:41 AM

I am loving these samples, ladies! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

And the new sentiments...simply awesome!!! Looking forward to doing some shopping...can hardly wait!

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sian (Post 19618100)
Ooh, this is an interesting challenge! I like it! Really, really gorgeous examples with some awesome new Verve I see! Loving the new font style ;) I just know this release is going to be terrible for my bank balance!! :)

blog

why do those bank balances always ruin our fun? ;) There are loads of prizes to be won over the next 2 weeks! Fingers crossed! Can't wait to see your take on the challenge :)

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshine (Post 19618130)
luv this challenge....silver and bling go great together...thanks ladies for the fun!

you know it, Teresa! I want a ring like the bling on your flower! Gorgeous!

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19618313)
Ooo - What fun new Verve coming out! Can I borrow one of your stamps to make my challenge card with??? {insert innocent look here} ;)

teehee ;) Love that {not so} innocent look! And we've only had 2 days of pre sneak peeks! Wait till the line up begins on Thursday! EEK!

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow's Mom (Post 19618391)
I am loving these samples, ladies! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

And the new sentiments...simply awesome!!! Looking forward to doing some shopping...can hardly wait!

as fun as it is to start seeing the new stamps...it's so hard to WAIT until we can buy them! We're hoping these challenges will keep you busy until then :)

whiterockmama 08-14-2012 08:04 AM

Great idea for a challenge. Wedding cards are so fun to make :) Off to work on mine!

stamptician 08-14-2012 09:38 AM

Another fun challenge and more gorgeous samples from the Divas!

Vervegirl 08-14-2012 10:39 AM

Oooh! Such lovey dovey sneaks!!! Here's my stab at a manly anniversary card. Mark and I will be celebrating 15 years in December. Oh how the years go by!!! :mrgreen:

Happiness

Magirk 08-14-2012 11:01 AM

LOVE seeing all the peeks this week and all the gorgeous projects!

Here's my card for today's challenge.

Thanks for the creative fun. :-)

Shadow's Mom 08-14-2012 11:12 AM

Although I'm loving all the lacy goodness in the samples, I needed a masculine card for our anniversary later this month. Here's my card for this challenge:

If you live to be 100...

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vervegirl (Post 19618871)
Oooh! Such lovey dovey sneaks!!! Here's my stab at a manly anniversary card. Mark and I will be celebrating 15 years in December. Oh how the years go by!!! :mrgreen:

Happiness

wow! 15! Okay...let Mark know that the gift choices for a 15th Anniversary are...
traditional: crystal
modern: glass
modern alternate: watch
modern Julee: Hello Kitty cotton candy maker ;)

tweetybugshouse 08-14-2012 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here my anniversary card using wood and silver elements

lisabeepianolovin 08-14-2012 02:54 PM

Oooh I am in LURRRVVVEEEE with those new fonts! I need a new love set, and i'm a thinkin' this one will be coming to live with me soon! Wood and Silver...hmmm...thinking about what I can do...off to create!

T. Joy 08-14-2012 04:49 PM

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? I just uploaded my card - CAS and so pretty with it's silver brads... and then I realized that this was supposed to be an anniversary card and this is really, ummm, not...unless perhaps their marriage is in trouble???

I'll link it here anyway, cuz I like how it turned out, and I'll have to try again tomorrow!! SIGH!! :)

Simply Scripture by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabeepianolovin (Post 19619367)
Oooh I am in LURRRVVVEEEE with those new fonts! I need a new love set, and i'm a thinkin' this one will be coming to live with me soon! Wood and Silver...hmmm...thinking about what I can do...off to create!

this set IS a MUST have, Lisa...wait till you see it in its glory :)

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19619557)
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? I just uploaded my card - CAS and so pretty with it's silver brads... and then I realized that this was supposed to be an anniversary card and this is really, ummm, not...unless perhaps their marriage is in trouble???

I'll link it here anyway, cuz I like how it turned out, and I'll have to try again tomorrow!! SIGH!! :)

Simply Scripture by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LOL, oh, Tricia...I have to laugh because this happened to ME almost 3 years ago with a Verve Challenge! Yep! Check out post HERE! On the upside, I think I won this challenge and a stamp set! LOL

Irishlatte 08-14-2012 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 19618750)
Another fun challenge and more gorgeous samples from the Divas!

Jennipher, I hope you'll join us...check out my inspiration for this challenge :)

JadeOnline 08-14-2012 08:53 PM

Ugh!!!! I misread the challenge! I made a card with "wood" and "silver", but didn't use an anniversary theme.

Sigh...back to the craft desk. :(

T. Joy 08-15-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishlatte (Post 19619903)
Jennipher, I hope you'll join us...check out my inspiration for this challenge :)

Oooh!! Is that yours??? I got a Pandora bracelet for our 25th anniversary this year and I *love* it!! I went online and picked out all sorts of the beads and charms I would like. Even with choosing mostly inexpensive ones (with a gold one thrown in here and there, of course!) I think the full bracelet of my dreams is worth over $1,000.00. My poor husband!! :mrgreen:

T. Joy 08-15-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnline (Post 19619958)
Ugh!!!! I misread the challenge! I made a card with "wood" and "silver", but didn't use an anniversary theme.

Sigh...back to the craft desk. :(

Heather! You are a girl after my own heart. I did it too!!

T. Joy 08-15-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishlatte (Post 19619898)
LOL, oh, Tricia...I have to laugh because this happened to ME almost 3 years ago with a Verve Challenge! Yep! Check out post HERE! On the upside, I think I won this challenge and a stamp set! LOL

Bwahahaha!!! I have an idea to fix it! I have the perfect sentiment to add to the card to make it an anniversary card. It's from a different company, but sacrifices must be made... ;)

Irishlatte 08-15-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19620202)
Oooh!! Is that yours??? I got a Pandora bracelet for our 25th anniversary this year and I *love* it!! I went online and picked out all sorts of the beads and charms I would like. Even with choosing mostly inexpensive ones (with a gold one thrown in here and there, of course!) I think the full bracelet of my dreams is worth over $1,000.00. My poor husband!! :mrgreen:

yes, this was my 5th anniversary gift from him this year :) I was really impressed as I had not hinted at all about it :) There's lots of room on mine to grow (and spend!) LOL

Irishlatte 08-15-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19620206)
Bwahahaha!!! I have an idea to fix it! I have the perfect sentiment to add to the card to make it an anniversary card. It's from a different company, but sacrifices must be made... ;)

It gets the creative juices flowing! Can't wait to see part deux!

whiterockmama 08-15-2012 07:34 AM

Phew, managed to get all the elements of this sketch in - it was a doozie! Lots and lots of silver for you - albeit a horrible picture of the card due to the setting sun :(

Happy Anniversary

T. Joy 08-15-2012 09:19 AM

Never Mind!! :)

steubner 08-15-2012 10:57 AM

So fun...I'm just catching up. I see some new dies...and new stamps....can't wait!! :)

JadeOnline 08-15-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19620203)
Heather! You are a girl after my own heart. I did it too!!

Glad to know I have company!! But, I'm not sure I can fix my card as easily as you can. Are trees an appropriate anniversary image?

Drat. And I used the last of my silver paper, and that cool silver embellishment...and I don't have ANY wood!!

I'm still in denial mode over this one. :(

T. Joy 08-15-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnline (Post 19621105)
Glad to know I have company!! But, I'm not sure I can fix my card as easily as you can. Are trees an appropriate anniversary image?

Drat. And I used the last of my silver paper, and that cool silver embellishment...and I don't have ANY wood!!

Of course trees are an anniversary image! Let's see if I can make a sentiment for you...

Like trees in the forest, standing strong,
Our love will endure - forever long.

:mrgreen:

T. Joy 08-15-2012 05:10 PM

OK, I know I'm stretching it, but at least I'm creative - right Moe??? ; ) Here's my ... ahem... altered ... anniversary card. :D You might have to think awhile to find my logic!!:mrgreen:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=102572

Irishlatte 08-16-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19621540)
OK, I know I'm stretching it, but at least I'm creative - right Moe??? ; ) Here's my ... ahem... altered ... anniversary card. :D You might have to think awhile to find my logic!!:mrgreen:

Anniverve-sary Challenge Revisited by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

oh so creative!! LOVE it! The perfect fix and lovely detail :)

Irishlatte 08-16-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubner (Post 19621067)
So fun...I'm just catching up. I see some new dies...and new stamps....can't wait!! :)

hi Shannan!! are you going to play along? yes, lots of new Verve this month! Hugs to you, sweet lady :)

Irishlatte 08-16-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnline (Post 19621105)

no worries, Heather...it's supposed to be fun! It's all good :)

Olena 1977 08-16-2012 09:42 AM

Very nice challenge. Here's my Anniversary card : It's a Wonderful Day

rositagustafson72 08-16-2012 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wonderful cards!

Day 2:

Attachment 255271

VSAVS12B by rositagustafson72 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tangerine Dream 08-16-2012 12:19 PM

Ohh another fabulous challenge :) Can't wait to play!!

faithfullycrafting 08-16-2012 02:21 PM

I used the sentiment I had to fit this challenge. I felt it was appropriate. ;) Thanks for the challenge and the beautiful inspiration. Here is my card.