Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Release Parties (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-f219/)
-   -   Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenges Day 1 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-f219/anni-verve-sary-2012-challenges-day-1-a-t559236.html)

va.sunshine 08-12-2012 05:29 PM

Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenges Day 1

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Verve fans and welcome to Day 1 of our Anni-VERVE-sary challenges! We’re celebrating 5 wonderful years of Verve and are so excited to share our new release with you! To kick the party off, every day this week we’ll post a fun new challenge for you.

To start the week off, Amber and I are hosting a fun color challenge to use pink, green, and brown (plus any neutrals)! The colors do not have to be exact but do try to stick to the main colors.

Be sure to take a close look at our samples, because you just might see some super sneaky peeks of what’s releasing later this month! You’ll have until 5PM Eastern on Friday, August 24 to complete the challenge and upload your creations with the provided keywords. We’ll draw a random winner from each challenge gallery to win a special prize package of new stamps and dies! Winners will be announced at our release party that night (you don’t need to be present to win).

But that’s not all! Play along in all 5 of the challenges and then link your creations up in the Release Champions thread for a chance to win our entire new release (a $300+ value)! To be eligible, creations must be new (posted 8/13 or later) and you must make 5 total projects (no combining of challenges, please). Verve stamps are not required but we sure do love to see ‘em!!!

When loading to SCS, use the KEYWORD: VSAVS12A
Click here to view the VSAVS12A Challenge Gallery

http://site.shopverve.com/vvimages/AVS/AVS12A_Color.gif

Thanks to Moe for a gorgeous sample and the other two are Amber and myself. We cannot wait to see what you create, remember to have fun!

AmberDawn 08-12-2012 06:52 PM

Woohooo!!!!!!!! This is SUCH a fabulous color challenge, can't wait to see the beautiful gallery! Load it up, girls!!!!!!!!

Irishlatte 08-12-2012 08:58 PM

oh, oh, I spy me some new Verve! EEK! I've been so excited for this week to begin!! Woohoo! LOVE this challenge, girlies!

T. Joy 08-13-2012 04:34 AM

This is a busy week for me, but I hope I can play along! :) I'd love to win some Verve for my birthday! :D

va.sunshine 08-13-2012 06:22 AM

oh Tricia, I sure hope you can make time to play along. When is your birthday?

T. Joy 08-13-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshine (Post 19616173)
oh Tricia, I sure hope you can make time to play along. When is your birthday?

It's the night of the release party! :) I won't be going out or doing anything "special" because my dd is getting her wisdom teeth (all four!) out that Tuesday, and I probably won't want to leave her by herself for too long yet. So hopefully I'll be making the release party my birthday party, too! :)

stamptician 08-13-2012 07:35 AM

Ooh, count me in for sure! I should be able to pull off a card a day. The key for me is not to get behind.

The samples are gorgeous ladies. I see some new Verve in there. I want to take advantage of the fabulous sale but, a girl only has so much money to spend and I'm afraid I'm gonna want all the new releases. What's a girl to do?:confused:

cullenwr 08-13-2012 08:02 AM

LOVE these colors and am lovin' the sneaky peeks of new Verve goodies! Here's my CAS CARD.

whiterockmama 08-13-2012 09:12 AM

One of my favorite colour combos! Love the samples too.

Darn vacation timing sucks...can only do a few of the challenges.....hmmm...maybe I can send the family ahead and then join them Friday afternoon so I can get all the challenges done ;) Wish there was a master list available so I can work ahead...oh what I would do for some new Verve LOL!!

Off to work on the few I can get to.

Can't wait to see all the new goodies!!!

Irishlatte 08-13-2012 09:16 AM

it's all good, ladies! You have until August 24th to complete all the challenges :) I love having more time! I can't stamp under pressure! LOL :)

whiterockmama 08-13-2012 09:24 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Moe! For some reason I thought the deadline was this Friday. Phew!! I'll be a busy lady completing the ones I miss once we are back!

stamp_momma 08-13-2012 09:38 AM

Woot! WooT! I am going to try to play along! I *NEED* some crafty-therapy right now.

Sherry_Lynn 08-13-2012 11:38 AM

This will be my first time participating in this week long event --- I love how it's starting out --- very cool color combo.

Who knows maybe I'll celebrate Verve's 5th AND my 40th wedding anniversary on the 24th with a Verve win :)

va.sunshine 08-13-2012 12:53 PM

oh Tricia, I do hope all goes well with your dd....you are going to luv the new release...we can all party it up for your birthday...teehehehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 19616188)
It's the night of the release party! :) I won't be going out or doing anything "special" because my dd is getting her wisdom teeth (all four!) out that Tuesday, and I probably won't want to leave her by herself for too long yet. So hopefully I'll be making the release party my birthday party, too! :)

va.sunshine 08-13-2012 12:54 PM

so glad to have you along Sherry, you will luv the challenges and the new release....welcome! Like Moe said you have until the night of the release party the 24th to complete the challenges. Winners will be announced at the party...woohooo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry_Lynn (Post 19616777)
This will be my first time participating in this week long event --- I love how it's starting out --- very cool color combo.

Who knows maybe I'll celebrate Verve's 5th AND my 40th wedding anniversary on the 24th with a Verve win :)

Magirk 08-13-2012 12:56 PM

Looking forward to all this Verve Anniversary fun! ;-)

Here's My Card for the Day 1 Challenge.

Great colors!

ravengirl 08-13-2012 12:58 PM

I'm taking off on a week long camping trip later today, but I will play along for sure next week!

Sian 08-13-2012 01:01 PM

Whoop whoop! Beautiful cards ladies!! Get the sneak peeks in there-it feels so naughty! I really hope I get a chance to play along, it's like an extra special VLV event! All my craft stuff has been boxed up and moved, but I'm hoping to sneak it back out, even I'd I do have to work off of the floor! (we're totally refurbishing our house and it's at the plastering stage, I don't normally sit on the floor!)

So excited about the new release it's a bit ridiculous!! ;)

Sian 08-13-2012 01:02 PM

That was supposed to say 'if' not 'I'd' - auto correct is so irritating sometimes!! ;)

T. Joy 08-13-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry_Lynn (Post 19616777)

Looks like it will be a birthday party and an anniversary party, too! :D I'm getting excited already! :)

AmberDawn 08-13-2012 03:54 PM

Oh ladies, save your money for sure! I can promise you WILL want EVERYTHING! Heehee:) Okay, off to see what you diva's have loaded into the gallery!!!
SOunds like lots of birthdays and traveling! What do you thing this is, summer or something? Hee!

T. Joy 08-13-2012 03:55 PM

Here's mine!

Thoughts of You by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tangerine Dream 08-13-2012 04:10 PM

Oooohhhh fun! Can't wait to play along :) They're advising people here to stay indoors due to the heat... guess I'll just have to spend my days stamping ;) Thanks for the great color challenge :) Your cards are gorgeous!

Vervegirl 08-13-2012 05:18 PM

I spy with my little eye, some fabby sneak peeks!!! :) Loved this color combo! Here's my card...

Birthday Wishes

stamptician 08-13-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberDawn (Post 19617310)
Oh ladies, save your money for sure! I can promise you WILL want EVERYTHING! Heehee:) Okay, off to see what you diva's have loaded into the gallery!!!
SOunds like lots of birthdays and traveling! What do you thing this is, summer or something? Hee!

Thanks for the tip Amber!;)

stamptician 08-13-2012 05:28 PM

Here is my take on this color challenge:

Come to Me

Thanks for the fun challenge and thanks for looking. :p

nlsmith68 08-13-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberDawn (Post 19617310)

So, Moe, we need our auto-ship button for sure, eh? ;) Cannot wait!! And I dipped into the Anniversary sale for a little new Verve to play along with the challenges. Just got here today. Now if work and the family would just leave me alone. LOL!!!

AmberDawn 08-13-2012 05:51 PM

Gorgeous cards ladies!!

Irishlatte 08-13-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlsmith68 (Post 19617591)
So, Moe, we need our auto-ship button for sure, eh? ;) Cannot wait!! And I dipped into the Anniversary sale for a little new Verve to play along with the challenges. Just got here today. Now if work and the family would just leave me alone. LOL!!!

you know it, Nicole! I love that feature! {wink!} What a great idea to take advantage of the sale in order to play! And with lightening FAST shipping the stamps arrive a few days later! You are so clever :)

va.sunshine 08-14-2012 01:39 AM

I think you ladies have shopping fever...you are all excited...hehehe....your cards are amazing!

Shadow's Mom 08-14-2012 05:37 AM

One of my favorite color combos, Teresa! Oooh and keep those sneak peeks coming ladies!!!

Here's my card: Kind Words

whiterockmama 08-14-2012 08:10 AM

Great colour combo - one of my faves. Didn't do it justice as short on time bit I did voluntarily skew a panel - yikes!! Must be all the release excitement LOL!

Zephaniah 3:17

whiterockmama 08-14-2012 08:14 AM

Release party, birthday, anniversary celebration - oh my! Add to that "auto shipping" perhaps some leopard lounge pants, visiting with and Mr. Verve, it will be the place to be :) Think we may need to practice hiding the credit card bill from our hubbies too ;)

tweetybugshouse 08-14-2012 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is day one challenge

va.sunshine 08-14-2012 01:09 PM

I am thinking of ordering some yummy homemade cupcakes from a local bakery for the release party....yummo!

lisabeepianolovin 08-14-2012 01:55 PM

New verve new verve new verve!!! Woot! that's enough to make me giddy! Love these colors together...will have to see what I can come up with...

Olena 1977 08-14-2012 07:50 PM

Thank you for this challenge.
Here's my card: Beautiful Flower card

JadeOnline 08-14-2012 07:52 PM

Ooh, I want to play!! I'm so sorry I don't have any Verve stamps to use (yet), but I'm working on it, I promise!!

Here's my card: Thinkin' on You by JadeOnline - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sharonjjones 08-15-2012 04:17 AM

Oh, my! I'm going to try and join this wonderful AniVERVEsary challenge...my first ever here at SCS!! Looks like so much fun, y'all! ;D

sharonjjones 08-15-2012 04:22 AM

Wow, Moe