Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #201
Pearl-ExPert

Hooray! My swap package came today! I love what everyone did with their recipe cards - thanks ladies! And thank you to our wonderful hostess for a great swap!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #202
Forum Fanatic

My cards arrived too, can't wait to try the recipes.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone!
Glad the cards started coming in. They are all great cards with such good sounding recipes!
Have a good Sunday!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
Believe it or not, I have been watching the Daytona 500! Haven't done that for years. Want to see how well Danica does! Had to take a break and make some phone calls for church. Gonna type up my info and get back to the race!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #205
Swapper of the Month - October 2013

I picked up my returns yesterday, they're great! Thank you so much ladies, and to you to Roxane for hosting and the little extra prize!!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Laura - glad you liked it all!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all!

It is foggy here for the second day in a row. A librarian in a nearby town was killed in a car accident yesterday morning. She was 63. So it was a tough day for us at the library yesterday. Drive carefully today.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #208
October Swapper of the Month 2012

It is like family, isn't it? My son is a librarian and just got transferred to be manager of a branch, and he really misses his co-workers but is enjoying the new situation. It is a smaller branch and less stressful. When he first started working in the library and going to college to get his degree, he had a wonderful manager. She is older now and didn't want the responsibility of manager, so he is now manager at the branch where she works, and she is the assistant manager. It is working soooooo well, because she knows so much and helps him so much, and he just gives her her head and lets her do what she wants to. They interact with all the other libraries in the county system and he is happier than he has been in a long time.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #209
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all!
Has everyone gotten their cards? I haven't heard anything lately, so am wondering....
Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #210
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
It is like family, isn't it? My son is a librarian and just got transferred to be manager of a branch, and he really misses his co-workers but is enjoying the new situation. It is a smaller branch and less stressful. When he first started working in the library and going to college to get his degree, he had a wonderful manager. She is older now and didn't want the responsibility of manager, so he is now manager at the branch where she works, and she is the assistant manager. It is working soooooo well, because she knows so much and helps him so much, and he just gives her her head and lets her do what she wants to. They interact with all the other libraries in the county system and he is happier than he has been in a long time.
Yes, they are like family! I have been in the "library business" for about 16 years. I have been at the library I am in now for 11 of those years. You get to know lots of people - patrons and other librarians! Pretty cool that you have a librarian in the family.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #211

Ken loved the library from the first time I took him there. The would only let him check out 3 books from the children's room, and he would have them read by the time I got him home. He made the newspaper when someone told them he was volunteering when he was 7 to reshelve books 2 hours a week. He was so cute with his little glasses and so serious. He was a very accomplished pianist, went through college playing for the choruses, got scholarships, got a bachelors in piano performance. Couldn't make enought money to live, so he went back and got a degree in music ed. Hated teaching so went back and got his masters in library science and was made librarian and is happy as a clam. He loves doing research and helping people find what they need for differeng situations.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #212
Stazon Splitcoast

How cool is that to have a child that loves the library so much! I never went to school for it. Just kind of fell into it when they needed someone to help out in the town I used to live in. It was a small town of about 700 people and believe it or not, a one person library! I was originally there to fill in when she needed a day off. Then when she retired due to illness, I was hired for her job. I worked there after becoming the librarian for 5 1/2 years. Then I got hired where I am now as part time. I got to be full time in the fall of 2008. And no, I am not the head librarian. A master's degree is required for that in the library I am in. Anyway, it is something I enjoy very much as I enjoy working with people and of course reading!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #213

Ken was "just working" in the library too, but in DeKalb County they have lots of libraries. The head librarian where he was was so good to him, and did so much for the library. She encouraged him to go back to collage and get his masters. So he did and has been assistant manager for a couple of years. Recently he put in a transfer request, just because that is what you do, and they sent him to a brand new library. They had changed the requirements that you couldn't be head librarian without a masters, so his former manager that he loved had been changed to this new library as assistant manager, and now he is her manager. They love it. She is past the age where she wants to go back to school for her degree, and he just lets her do whatever she wants to do because she is so good at it. She asked him if she could still be over the childrens part and he just jumped up and down and hugged her, because that is the one part he likes least. It is working out so well for them.
Closed Thread