Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #41
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Which one did you get?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #42

I will make a sandwich out of most anything. I made 75 little "Pickled Okra Sandwiches" for a lunch last week, and you should have heard the conversation about them. I eavesdropped, not telling them I made them. It was hilarious.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #43
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
I will make a sandwich out of most anything. I made 75 little "Pickled Okra Sandwiches" for a lunch last week, and you should have heard the conversation about them. I eavesdropped, not telling them I made them. It was hilarious.
um......GROSS!!!!! LOLOLOL okra anything just isn't.....'right' somehow.....

LOLOL
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #44
Swapper of the Month - October 2013

I was lucky enough to get one of Sybil's too! Those little gingerbread cookies were to die for... Op! I think I made a papercraft funny!! (I may need more sleep...)
And one from Okeinurse, where did you get the plastice sleeves???
Two of the recipes I got did not have names on them, tho, so I'm not sure who else to mention.

I do have a question about mine though, I had used 2 layers of cardstock originally and wasn't sure if that was enough, so I added another layer. Would 2 have been sufficient, or was the three layer one I did just enough? Any advice would be appreciated!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1972 View Post
um......GROSS!!!!! LOLOLOL okra anything just isn't.....'right' somehow.....

LOLOL
I had these at a tea room, and they were delicious. Then Paula Deen had them in a magazine or somewhere, and I got up the nerve to try them.
People look at them and say "NO WAY!" and then someone will sample them and say "WOW, these are wonderful" and then before I know it they are all gone. They look like sushi, and the taste is really surprisingly good. Here's how:

Pickled Okra Sandwiches

1 loaf of white bread
jar of pickled okra, drained and dried on paper towel
8 ounce package of cream cheese
dried parsley.

Cut the crusts off the bread slices. Roll one slice with a rolling pin until flat. Spread cream cheese over it. Lay one spear of okra on one side and roll up. Do as many as you have bread and/or okra spears.
Using just a small amount of cream cheese, spread very lightly on sandwich roll, and roll it in dried parsley. (I usually mix a little onion powder and garlic salt and sprinkle it on before I roll it in the parsley). Cut each into 3 small rolls. Keep refrigerated until served.

Go ahead be brave and try it.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieStats View Post
I was lucky enough to get one of Sybil's too! Those little gingerbread cookies were to die for... Op! I think I made a papercraft funny!! (I may need more sleep...)
Two of the recipes I got did not have names on them, tho, so I'm not sure who else to mention.

I do have a question about mine though, I had used 2 layers of cardstock originally and wasn't sure if that was enough, so I added another layer. Would 2 have been sufficient, or was the three layer one I did just enough? Any advice would be appreciated!!
I think two layers are enough in my opinion. I put mine in plastic sleeves back to back so I can see either side. Two layers gives them plenty of stability for me, but that is just my opinion.

I am glad you like the cookie recipe card. They are soooo good. My son will eat them right off the pan and burn his mouth, just can't wait to get at them. And they smell your house up good too!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #47
Mad Swapper

Quote:

hmmmmmm, not sure about your cardstock question -- unless, are you Laura k? if you are -- you had plenty of cardstock - i love it!

as for the gingerbread cookies -- i've not had a chance to make any of the recipes -- our oldest daughter, her husband and two teenage boys moved in with us last night - so it's been hectic!!!!

I had two without their names too!!!!! I got from Sybil and from Laura K. the other two.....a recipe for breakfast apples and then a recipe for cream snowballs. and i don't remember if i put my name on the back or not - but i did pork chops dianne. i use the crock pot for this recipe.

hugs to all
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #48
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I had these at a tea room, and they were delicious. Then Paula Deen had them in a magazine or somewhere, and I got up the nerve to try them.
People look at them and say "NO WAY!" and then someone will sample them and say "WOW, these are wonderful" and then before I know it they are all gone. They look like sushi, and the taste is really surprisingly good. Here's how:

Pickled Okra Sandwiches

1 loaf of white bread
jar of pickled okra, drained and dried on paper towel
8 ounce package of cream cheese
dried parsley.

Cut the crusts off the bread slices. Roll one slice with a rolling pin until flat.
Spread cream cheese over it. Lay one spear of okra on one side and roll up. Do as many as you have bread and/or okra spears.
Using just a small amount of cream cheese, spread very lightly on sandwich roll, and roll it in dried parsley. (I usually mix a little onion powder and garlic salt and sprinkle it on before I roll it in the parsley). Cut each into 3 small rolls. Keep refrigerated until served.

Go ahead be brave and try it.

Sybil.......i don't think i have it in me to be THAT brave!!!!! okra is a spear thing????? hmmmmmm, are you even supposed to EAT speared things????

LOLOL -- and hugs!!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #49

You aren't from the south, are you hon?
We eat okra here.
I like it fried and pickled, but people in my neck of the woods eat it boiled, (I don't do that) and cut up in soup and fried and all sorts of ways.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #50
Mad Swapper

Quote:
You aren't from the south, are you hon?
We eat okra here.
I like it fried and pickled, but people in my neck of the woods eat it boiled, (I don't do that) and cut up in soup and fried and all sorts of ways.

not from the south - nope, midwest until DH went into the navy. but, we've been stationed in SC and GA and moved to FL 4 months ago. When in GA i had a job in a flash foods not too far from us and worked in the deli -- now and then we'd do okra in tomatos. or fried okra. i took a bite of one.....couldn't even force myself to swallow that thing -- but, it wasn't as bad as boiled peanuts! <VBG> I have LOVED getting to me in different areas in the USA -- people can be so interesting and fun!!!

big hugs
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #51

Lol. Yes, I'm Laura K. My last name is Kurtzbein-its just rather cumbersum and I don't imagine people would want to trip over it if they didn't have to!

But thank you for the feedback-that helps clarify it for me for this round of recipe cards.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #52
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Lol. Yes, I'm Laura K. My last name is Kurtzbein-its just rather cumbersum and I don't imagine people would want to trip over it if they didn't have to!

But thank you for the feedback-that helps clarify it for me for this round of recipe cards.
oh i loved your card - and so did my two oldest daughters - cause i showed mine off.....<G> I LOVE how you went 'outside the bubble' for the color of yours!!!!!! i've never even tried making Quiche before - i thought that was something pretty hard to do......

AND -- nice to meet you Laura -- I'm Laura <G>

hugs
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!
I went to the women's Christmas party at church last night. I always enjoy that!
Have a good day!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #54

I skipped the women's Christmas party this year. I have had so much going on, and I have been cooking every weekend. The Christmas parties started the 3rd week in November this year and sometimes there were two in one weekend. This past weekend I was cooking for Saturday on Friday night while the ladies were partying. I am getting older and just can't do every single thing any more. I will be cooking for a party every weekend until Christmas and then doing breakfast Christmas day for my family.
I LOVE Christmas and all it means and all the celebrating, but just can't keep up with the younger folks any more.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #55
Embossing Fanatic

Default soup and Sandwich

I would like to have a spot in each.
Lake Mama
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1972 View Post
oh i loved your card - and so did my two oldest daughters - cause i showed mine off.....<G> I LOVE how you went 'outside the bubble' for the color of yours!!!!!! i've never even tried making Quiche before - i thought that was something pretty hard to do......

AND -- nice to meet you Laura -- I'm Laura <G>

hugs
Tee heee! Thank you so much! I wish I could take credit for the idea as my own, but I did get inspiration from a card on the site, which was supposed to be in my favorites but magically disappeared never to be seen again. lol!

And nice to meet you too!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Mama View Post
I would like to have a spot in each.
Lake Mama
Welcome and thanks for joining!

What is your first name?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I skipped the women's Christmas party this year. I have had so much going on, and I have been cooking every weekend. The Christmas parties started the 3rd week in November this year and sometimes there were two in one weekend. This past weekend I was cooking for Saturday on Friday night while the ladies were partying. I am getting older and just can't do every single thing any more. I will be cooking for a party every weekend until Christmas and then doing breakfast Christmas day for my family.
I LOVE Christmas and all it means and all the celebrating, but just can't keep up with the younger folks any more.
Sybil, sounds like you life is very busy! Mine too, but yours sounds worse! LOL I need to get inky but haven't had the time. My stamps are lonely!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! I have been sitting in my chair trying to finish a book on my kindle - Flowers on Main by Sherryl Woods. Got 20 pages left but want to make chocolate chip bars, so I had better get to it. I have to go to work at noon.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone! I slept late today! And on a week day! I go to work at noon again today.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! Storming here today. No church which I miss. But then didn't want to go to town and not make it home either!
Haven't been on SCS lately. Just too busy! I thought of Jeanette and her 20 plus trees and Barb and her 18 trees and thought I needed another! So I bought one yesterday. Do you believe they were out of lights at WalMart??? It is only Dec. 9! DH went to Target and said they had loads of lights so he found some for me.
Well today I have to finish decorating the trees, make dinner, and make Christmas and birthday cards.
Have a good day all!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #62
Insane Embellisher

I have great news!!! I will be getting an early Christmas present on Wednesday... My parents are paying for me to sign up as a Stampin Up Demonstrator!!!! Discount on my supplies, discount of my supplies (you girls can't see it, but I am doing the happy dance )
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #63

YOU GO GIRL!
If I were 20 years younger I would jump into that too.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations Heather! I am sure you will love it! I love Stampin' Up! products and I go to Stamp Club once a month (this Wednesday). We always make 4 items. We have a good time.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
I have been very lax about posting lately. Life is hectic as I am sure it is for you too! I am busy cleaning today. Hopefully I will get some candy made and birthday cards made later today.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
Got all of my Christmas cards mailed today! That makes me very happy!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #67

I mailed about half of mine today. Still have a few to get ready.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #68
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to okienurse Send a message via Yahoo to okienurse

I still have to start! I think what is holding me back is the fact I still have to glue to toppers on the card bases and it is a job and a half. Maybe I will just put those back in the box and use them next year and just send out a Christmas letter this year!! Now to the shed to get the tree out...yes I am that far behind. I took a 10 day vacation to Nassau on a slow boat the beginning of the month and it shows...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
Hope you all had a great Christmas! I know we did! I am just tired today and don't want to do anything. I have to go to work at noon today. Am paying bills right now.
Have a good day all!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #70

Had a wonderful Christmas and am now clearing and cleaning and washing and doing away with things. So much food and fun, and now hopefully back to normal soon.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #71
Rubber Obsessor

Hi,
I'll take one spot in each group.

Someone with Autism loves me!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome Trish and thanks for joining!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
Made 10 birthday cards this afternoon. Now I have to get going on my January swaps!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Think I am getting hooked on recipes after doing the A-Z swap. So please sign me up for two spots. Mahalo - marilyn
Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Marilyn - welcome and thanks for joining!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
Boring day here for me. I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow and so am on a liquid diet. Ugh!
Computer is on the blink and am using an old laptop. Had to type up something for church. Used Google Docs since I have a gmail account (but rarely use it). Couldn't get it to email. Couldn't get it to print! Very frustrating!
Going back to my James Patterson book.
Hope to get in my stamping room later.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
I survived the colonoscopy! Now I am good for 10 years! Has everyone been crafting? Since I was home all day after I had the colonoscopy, I worked on a swap. You forget sometimes how much you enjoy it when you haven't done it for awhile!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #78

So glad you survived. I think the prep is worse than the actual test, don't you.
I have been working on my PAT swap, it is due soon and I have to get cracking to get it in on time.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

The prep was not fun at all, but getting stuck 5 times with a needle was worse! LOL I can laugh now but I sure wasn't laughing then.

What is a Pat Swap Sybil?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #80

It is a Pick A Theme swap, where there are groups of 5, and each person chooses a theme that she wants others to make for her. Very interesting. The PAT 24 is hosted by Jmaraul (Joyce) and it full now. But you should watch for the next one and jump in.
( I get points from Joyce for lassoing new people)
Check this one out, and then watch for the new one. I jsut put some of the ones I made on my gallery last night. If you look in the ATC gallery you can see a bunch of them.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...A-t561710.html
Closed Thread