Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

Roxane you got it!! there cards are very fun, AND you don't ever have to feel guilty about keeping them ALL. I've gotten some really great recipes in these swaps that have made to my everyday meal planning.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Saturday everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you are all having a great Saturday! Stay cool!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone!
I think I have a virus of some kind. Can't think straight and I can't hear - my ears are plugged. This is the third day I have had it and it's starting to get old.
Hope you day is better than mine!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #45
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post
Good morning everyone!
I think I have a virus of some kind. Can't think straight and I can't hear - my ears are plugged. This is the third day I have had it and it's starting to get old.
Hope you day is better than mine!
hope you start to feel better soon...being sick just stinks. I hate being sick...I'm not a good sick person.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
Hardware Hotshot

Hey everyone!! hope your having a great week...I started on everyone's bonus cards this week...Ok I got the recipe typed up! LOL....not much progress, but it's a start!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

We get a bonus card? Great! Guess I missed that in the opening thread.

I went to the doc yesterday Kristyn and he thinks I have fluid in my ear. He told me to take over the counter cold medicine and he gave me antibiotics. I did notice some improvement last night. I hope I can put a whole day of work in today.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #48
Cardstock Collector

Hello, would like to take last to spots...any room..Donna NY
Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 AM   #49
Stampin' Fool

Woo hoo! I started my vacation yesterday. Getting ready to meet my DD, SIL, 17 yo GD and her 16 yo friend to go to Dollywood for a few days. We're staying in a cabin and will be doing some cooking. (not my idea of vacation when you have to cook, but it was GD's choice for the family vacation this year) So I will be trying out two macaroni and cheese recipes to see which they like better. Is there a better comfort food than mac and cheese? Well, besides ice cream, of course!

Cards Kits for Everyting Swap
Old 07-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #51
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
We get a bonus card? Great! Guess I missed that in the opening thread.

I went to the doc yesterday Kristyn and he thinks I have fluid in my ear. He told me to take over the counter cold medicine and he gave me antibiotics. I did notice some improvement last night. I hope I can put a whole day of work in today.
I added it after the fact....I came up with the recipe idea and decided it was worth sending to everyone!!

hope you are feeling better now.

Last edited by tryingtofindtime; 07-31-2012 at 12:24 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #52
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LF Stamper View Post
Hello, would like to take last to spots...any room..Donna NY
Donna-yes you can join...I will add as many spots as needed....so send your friends over to join us too! You'll get a prize for anyone you send over to join and they complete the swap and say you sent them. Welcome!!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #53
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois577 View Post
Woo hoo! I started my vacation yesterday. Getting ready to meet my DD, SIL, 17 yo GD and her 16 yo friend to go to Dollywood for a few days. We're staying in a cabin and will be doing some cooking. (not my idea of vacation when you have to cook, but it was GD's choice for the family vacation this year) So I will be trying out two macaroni and cheese recipes to see which they like better. Is there a better comfort food than mac and cheese? Well, besides ice cream, of course!
its a vacation for ME if YOU cook! LOL

I LOVE mac and cheese!!! I just don't want hot dogs or chicken nuggets with it!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #54
Stampin' Fool

LOL!!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #55
Hardware Hotshot

Hi everyone! so I've just been shown a "new to me" artist...I love her stuff....it's similar to elizabeth bell....it's Sylvia Zet....anybody seen her stuff. If you like fairies...she's got some really cute one's. my friend Dea introduced me to these images and now I'm addicted....I see some shopping in my future!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!
Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #57
Rubber Obsessor

Wink

I would like 2 spots please
Thanks Tammy
Old 08-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all! Yes, it is 6:40 a.m. Couldn't sleep; been awake since 4:00 a.m. Today we are going to Western MN Steam Threshing Reunion. The show doesn't take place until Labor Day Weekend, but we are members and go up there (by Fargo/Moorhead) to do work. It takes a lot of work of the 3000 active members to get it ready for show time. We will come back Sunday night.

DD and I made 11 quarts of Dill Pickles last night. It is the first ones we have made this year. We didn't make any last year as it was an awful year for gardens and we didn't get any cucumbers. They all sealed which made me happy!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #59
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdickerson View Post
I would like 2 spots please
Thanks Tammy
Tammy-Welcome you got it!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #60
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Ladies!! I'm Back! Had a great vacation!! my mom came up and we all (me, her, my DH and DD) all went to Dollywood and then to the water park...Oh my goodness...I don't want to see another stair case for some time...we stay in a cabin in the woods and one morning we woke up to a little bear on our back porch. How crazy is that. we got home yesterday but I was way tired so I didn't make it on here yesterday. today I went shopping with my mom and we went to see the movie Magic Mike (not as good as I thought it would be). and then I got a call my my DH that he wrecked his Harley! Don't worry ladies...he is walking..I think he should be dead, but he's moving around very slowing...looking for front end parts so he can get the bike back on the road...tomorrow I'm taking him to the Dr. since he's refused to go today...he's soooo annoying...not the best way to end my vacation. taking a personal day tomorrow to take care of him! ugh...we any ways...I've got everyone new added and I will check back in tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
dollywood-vacation-040.jpg   dollywood-vacation-044.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #61
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007

I just finished my first spot with lots time to spare so may I please have a 2nd spot. thanks much I love recipe cards I have albums going as Christmas gifts they are looking awesome! I put them in baskets with spices and pot holders and misc gadget and they make great gifts for not a lot of investment. of course baskets are done up like easter with ribbons and shinny wrap but the items inside get individually wrapped so even though they can see they still really can't see!!!!! drives them nuts just quessing.

each year I do a differnet room theme of the home. last year I did bathroom. The grand kids love them and the young folks as well! For guy/male ones the baskets are centered around grilling this year. while the regular kitchen ones are spice up life! lots spices and couple cute gadgets. then recipe books. for about $5 to $7, I create a pretty nice basket. I buy stuff at target in that dollar section as they go to 1/2 off at change of each season!

I always have some paper crafted items like the bath had recipe book on soaps and candles and bath salts and how to make more! added vials of fragrance with bath mitts and spongy nets, etc was big hit. much less expense and had more in them than a store bought version. I handmade labels on the products and made the candle votive plus couple floating candles at dollar store I found relaxation cd's for $1 added that and again individaully wrapped then wrapped basket as whole made gift label or card and added ribbon.

this year for the children I did bedrooms and using their colors or interests did name banners and some other items. still working on those for girls it has jewerly I made and hair bows also. I made those explosion boxes for each with themes. and a little sweet treat will be inside each explosion box. got that idea from online!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #62
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
I just finished my first spot with lots time to spare so may I please have a 2nd spot. thanks much I love recipe cards I have albums going as Christmas gifts they are looking awesome! I put them in baskets with spices and pot holders and misc gadget and they make great gifts for not a lot of investment. of course baskets are done up like easter with ribbons and shinny wrap but the items inside get individually wrapped so even though they can see they still really can't see!!!!! drives them nuts just quessing.

each year I do a differnet room theme of the home. last year I did bathroom. The grand kids love them and the young folks as well! For guy/male ones the baskets are centered around grilling this year. while the regular kitchen ones are spice up life! lots spices and couple cute gadgets. then recipe books. for about $5 to $7, I create a pretty nice basket. I buy stuff at target in that dollar section as they go to 1/2 off at change of each season!

I always have some paper crafted items like the bath had recipe book on soaps and candles and bath salts and how to make more! added vials of fragrance with bath mitts and spongy nets, etc was big hit. much less expense and had more in them than a store bought version. I handmade labels on the products and made the candle votive plus couple floating candles at dollar store I found relaxation cd's for $1 added that and again individaully wrapped then wrapped basket as whole made gift label or card and added ribbon.

this year for the children I did bedrooms and using their colors or interests did name banners and some other items. still working on those for girls it has jewerly I made and hair bows also. I made those explosion boxes for each with themes. and a little sweet treat will be inside each explosion box. got that idea from online!
yes. I will put you down for a 2nd spot.

what a neat idea...I'll have to think about doing something like that for next year.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #63
Hardware Hotshot

I am sorry to hear about your husband, hope he is okay. Great picture of the bear, he actually looks annoyed that you were there.

Welcome back from vacation.

Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime View Post
Hey Ladies!! I'm Back! Had a great vacation!! my mom came up and we all (me, her, my DH and DD) all went to Dollywood and then to the water park...Oh my goodness...I don't want to see another stair case for some time...we stay in a cabin in the woods and one morning we woke up to a little bear on our back porch. How crazy is that. we got home yesterday but I was way tired so I didn't make it on here yesterday. today I went shopping with my mom and we went to see the movie Magic Mike (not as good as I thought it would be). and then I got a call my my DH that he wrecked his Harley! Don't worry ladies...he is walking..I think he should be dead, but he's moving around very slowing...looking for front end parts so he can get the bike back on the road...tomorrow I'm taking him to the Dr. since he's refused to go today...he's soooo annoying...not the best way to end my vacation. taking a personal day tomorrow to take care of him! ugh...we any ways...I've got everyone new added and I will check back in tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #64
Hardware Hotshot

I also love your idea I think I will do this for people at work. Thank you for sharing.

Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post

Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

Linda - I love the idea of making the cards into books! As Dea said, this would be great for co-workers!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #66
Stampin' Fool

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Linda - So many great creative ideas, but my fav is the bathroom relaxation theme basket with a recipe book. Our coworkers might be getting some original gifts this year. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #67
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois577 View Post
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Linda - So many great creative ideas, but my fav is the bathroom relaxation theme basket with a recipe book. Our coworkers might be getting some original gifts this year. Thanks for sharing!

you would be surprized how little you would spend for so many gifts!!! this is especially great for co-workers, teachers, and like womens group at church, or any group. a little bit goes a long way!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #68
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi all!

Linda - I love the idea of making the cards into books! As Dea said, this would be great for co-workers!

just attach a little 3x3 card and add a dollar store wisk and some colorful curling ribbon also costing $1 and you can create a batch for very little. I did 21 for a womens group at church last year. we spent a dollar per person for a kitchen tool usually a wisk, or spatula (you get 3 sizes in set for $1 and we had approx $20 in the whole batch. the recipes were swap's and few special recipes of my own. I added a little tea bag and 3x3 card said relax enjoy the tea and plan your holiday goodies! the ladies absolutely loved them. oh we made a cute little envelope for the tea bags.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #69
Hardware Hotshot

Yep....this might be what my co-workers get this year...

so my husband is A-OK....took him to the doctor on thursday...dr said nothing's broken or cracked! YEAH...today he is moving around a bit better-said his butt is hurting him the most! LOL....I have always said he's a pain in MY butt...nice that he can finally be a Pain in HIS OWN butt! HA!!!

hope everyone is having fun creating thier cards. I got some house cleaning done today, did lots of laundry and even mowed the whole yard today! I'm tired...I also got my crafting table cleaned up and all my new goodies from vacation put away...I've been trying to resist going to the hardware store and getting me a new storage system for my buttons....Thank goodness I just looked at the clock and they are closed..not sure how much longer I could resist the urge to buy! Not real sure how long I can resist....so I'm going to get caught up on threads and try to get in some crafting time...if I sit on the couch I will be asleep in no time at all!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #70
Hardware Hotshot

good morning everyone!!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #71
Hardware Hotshot

Linda (amiller's mom) you cards arrived today!! I love them!! Too cute and sounds sooo yummy...I almost ran out to the store to get the stuff to make the snack mix. Something crunchy and sweet/salty....great comfort food!! I might just have to thursday night and bring it with me this weekend. and the peanut butter on anything...nothing can be that....ok I do have a weekness for real butter. LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #72
Hardware Hotshot

hey ladies....just wanted to mention before I forget...I will be out of town on friday, saturday and sunday....my darling husband join a motorcycle association and he has a picnic this weekend...he's suppose to be sworn in this weekend, but I'm sure he's going to have to go thur some "test" first. He told me all prospect have to sign and do the I'm a little teapot dance! Yep, I was had other plans for saturday, but I cancelled them so I can watch (and video) him doing this!! I'm so excited...Worried I will be laughing to loud that I won't get a good video of him and all anyone will hear is me laughing!! LOL
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!
I have to go to work at noon today because we are short help - need another person in the evening.
I made 3 more quarts of dill pickles this morning. I think I now have 26 now.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #74
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Good morning ladies!
I have to go to work at noon today because we are short help - need another person in the evening.
I made 3 more quarts of dill pickles this morning. I think I now have 26 now.
OH my goodness that's alot of pickels!!! there is a few things in the world that a CANNOT eat and pickles are one them...I HATE them....everything about them....I got a box of the velvetta cheeseburger mac (like hamburger helper) oh my...it was so nasty...all I could taste was ketchup,mustard and pickles!! I could even smell the pickle in it!!

my mother in law makes homemade pickles and everyone LOVES them!!

now I'll eat a cucumber any day!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny Kristyn!
I love dill pickles, but won't touch green olives! Yech! DH likes them on pizza and I draw the line there. I also am not too fond of pineapple. However, I love fresh pineapple. Go figure!

Last edited by 2CuteCats; 08-18-2012 at 04:37 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!
Kristyn, I hope you don't mind if I hijack your swap for a minute! Just letting you all know that I opened a Winter 6x6 Recipe Card Swap. Come on over and check it out if you are so inclined! The swap is in my siggy.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #77
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Funny Kristyn!
I love dill pickles, but won't touch green olives! Yech! DH likes them on pizza and I draw the line there. I also an not too fond of pineapple. However, I love fresh pineapple. Go figure!
yeah, don't eat olives either...but those I can pick off of things or pick out of things...pickles...nope a pickle cannot touch anything on my plate!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

It's Saturday!

I also hate beets.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #79
Hardware Hotshot

so I'm back from the picnic I went on with my husband this weekend. it was alot of fun. I've never seen so many biker guys hugging each other and saying "i love you". it was very wierd. but I know understand what they mean by these guys are a brotherhood. they are a tight group that will do anything for each other...they are a family...and that very neat to be a part of. My whole family really isn't that close so this is kinda cool. or at least I'm not with them. anyways....the funny part...I caught my husband trying to hook my mother up with one of these guys. He was cutie...if only I wasn't married!! JK (just in case my husbands reads this), Whoops...foot in mouth...he'd read that too....Well it's not like a got a picture of the dude...(wish i did) there i go again....anyways I just thought it was funny, especially when I walked in on the tail end of the conversation with him and get this...his name is ROMEO...does that tell you anything!? he told me to tell my mother hello, and when I was leaving and hugging him good bye he told me again to tell her hello!! So MOM....I know you're reading this....ROMEO says HELLO!! LOL Just so you all know I wasn't hugging him cuz I thought he was a cutie (that helped), but all the them hug!! I was shaking hands and they were hugging me...and as we determined in a previous post...I'm not a hottie...I'm round!! so they just hug...it was kinda like church (no offense to my church going friends), but that's what it reminded me of.

anywhoo....I'm sure you all are wondering how my husband song and dance went...he had to sing I'm a little teapot with a bunch of others and he did great. He was a cute teapot!! I was so proud of him!!

enough about my weekend.

Happy Day everyone!!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #80
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime View Post
so I'm back from the picnic I went on with my husband this weekend. it was alot of fun. I've never seen so many biker guys hugging each other and saying "i love you". it was very wierd. but I know understand what they mean by these guys are a brotherhood. they are a tight group that will do anything for each other...they are a family...and that very neat to be a part of. My whole family really isn't that close so this is kinda cool. or at least I'm not with them. anyways....the funny part...I caught my husband trying to hook my mother up with one of these guys. He was cutie...if only I wasn't married!! JK (just in case my husbands reads this), Whoops...foot in mouth...he'd read that too....Well it's not like a got a picture of the dude...(wish i did) there i go again....anyways I just thought it was funny, especially when I walked in on the tail end of the conversation with him and get this...his name is ROMEO...does that tell you anything!? he told me to tell my mother hello, and when I was leaving and hugging him good bye he told me again to tell her hello!! So MOM....I know you're reading this....ROMEO says HELLO!! LOL Just so you all know I wasn't hugging him cuz I thought he was a cutie (that helped), but all the them hug!! I was shaking hands and they were hugging me...and as we determined in a previous post...I'm not a hottie...I'm round!! so they just hug...it was kinda like church (no offense to my church going friends), but that's what it reminded me of.

anywhoo....I'm sure you all are wondering how my husband song and dance went...he had to sing I'm a little teapot with a bunch of others and he did great. He was a cute teapot!! I was so proud of him!!

enough about my weekend.

Happy Day everyone!!

since when is round not HOT! to quote you .... and as we determined in a previous post...I'm not a hottie...I'm round!! TSK TSK on you You're as hot as you think you are regardless of any shape or size!!! I'm shocked...
Closed Thread