Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart March Swapper of the Month - Forest Ranger

Congratulations to our March Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Jeanette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger
I am so excited and at the same time humbled to think that I’ve been chosen as the March Swapper of the Month. Truly, I can’t believe it! (Someone pinch me! I must be dreaming!) There are so many on SCS who deserve this honor much more than I do. To each of you, I say THANK YOU for inspiring me with your love of paper crafting, your creativity, and your continued love of swapping.

How did I get started and how long have I been doing this...
For years, my friend Cheryl faithfully sent us wonderful Hallmark cards for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Then she stopped shopping at Hallmark and started sending gorgeous handmade cards instead. I was intrigued. I found a Stampin’ UP! demo in my area. From the very first class, I was hooked! I don’t really remember how, but I found SCS in January of 2008. I thought I’d found a gold mine! In a way, I guess I did. I have made so many friends and learned so many valuable things here on SCS! I can hardly believe how much richer my life is now than it was 5 years ago – before my Forest Ranger status.

Do I have other hobbies...
Who needs other hobbies? When you have stamping and friendships, what more do you need??? Seriously, I spend a lot of time with this hobby – often to the neglect of housework. And if it weren’t for my Crockpot, some days I wouldn’t even cook. LOL! I do love to travel. I enjoy reading. I like to lead conferences (usually with a missions theme). I love to go on mission trips. So I do have other interests/hobbies. But rarely a day goes by that I don’t play with ink/paper.

A bit about my family and friends…
I have a wonderful pastor who also happens to be my husband. He really is a great guy! We enjoy serving alongside each other in ministry. We have a son – Brock – who is autistic and lives with us. I love to tell awesome stories about my Brock. He keeps me smiling. When I look at life through his happy eyes, I am blessed. We also have another son and a daughter. All three of our children are in their 20’s. Our other two children live over 300 miles from us (in opposite directions). We see them as often as we can, but it isn’t often enough for this mama. Friends? I consider some of my very best friends to be the friends I’ve made here on SCS.

My favorite tools of the trade...
Hmmmmmmmmmmm… can’t do it! No way!!! I can’t name a favorite… or two… or three. One is my stamp-a-ma-jig. Yep… some people don’t even know how to use this awesome tool. Being bifocal-challenged… this tool helps me keep things straight. Oh, and punches, and punches, and punches! (I love punch art!) And designer paper (is that a tool?) I have way too much DP! And trimmers. And my ATG. And stamps, oh my! Nope! I can’t name just one or two favorite tools.

Something you might not know about me…
Well…… let’s see. I talk a lot – goodness! Have you seen how many posts I’ve made here on SCS in 5 years??? So there probably isn’t much you don’t know about me. How about this? Did you know I have a B.S. degree in Speech and Theatre? Did you know I have attended 26 schools in my life and lived in 11 states and traveled in most of the 48 states and 7 countries? Did you know I love Kazoos? (I keep one in my car and when I get bored on trips when I’m traveling alone, I take it out and play it while I drive.) Okay……. that one you probably didn’t know.

My favorite swapping experience…
I’ve been in a lot of swaps with a lot of AWESOME hostesses! I have enjoyed them immensely… and continue to swap as much as my busy life allows. Perhaps my favorite swapping experience, though, is the forest swaps. The forest is a community – where the forest friends (swappers) hang out. We share life. We chat. We RAZZ one another (oh wait! I guess that’s just Barb and me… but we keep the others laughing because we razz each other). We joke. We laugh. Sometimes we even cry. We are truly FOREST FRIENDS! And the beauty of it is: we quickly accept newcomers and they become our Forest Friends, too. I love the forest!

Anything else I’d like to share…
I suspect I’ve said enough. It looks like I’m writing a book. YAY! That’s on my bucket list of things to do… guess I can now mark that off. (Truthfully, I’ve already written a children’s book.)

I know I joke and tease a lot, I’m quite mischievous by nature (not what you expect from a pastor’s wife, is it?). But seriously, let me once again with all sincerity say THANK YOU! I am so thankful for SCS! For the friends I’ve made here! For the opportunities to participate in swaps! And now for the incredible honor of being a Swapper of the Month. I join the ranks of others – like Zella in February and Barb in December – and I shake my head in wonder, amazed that my name was chosen.

I just hope no one decides to do a recount!

Be sure to check out Jeanette's gallery and keep an eye out for her in the swap forums.

Forest Ranger's gallery

Feel free to add your comments for Jeanette to this thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!