Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default CANCEL PLEASE PET RECIPES

Folks I've just had my cat of approximately 9 years to the vet, she was having digestion problems all of a sudden. The vet educated me a lot!!! the dog & cat food has changed over the years and today they are loaded with fillers. Fillers not good for our pets. He told me they are seeing more each month show up with digestion, nutrition problems, and some very serious gastric problems. He says its the side effect of the fillers in the food we feed them.

I went to a local "pet bakery" very successful and well known. I spoke with the owner at great lenghts about the information from vet. She had lost her beloved pets to a cancer of gastric system several years ago which is why she started the "pet bakery". She shared some recipes and ton of tips to fixing your own food and treats for both dog & cat.

I don't know if anyone will be interested but I want to give this a try so what I suggesting is a recipe swap for dog/cat treats and food recipes.

I found out basic ingredients in our kitchens can be made into healthy dry or moist food for either animal whether you own a cat or a dog (I've had both) my cocker spaniel of 13 years was put to sleep 2 yrs ago due to arthritis and cancer in his joints, not a day goes by I don't miss him. Pets become a real part of our lives and homes. They deserve to have the best and if we can make our own treats and food from products and ingredients
we already have don't they deserve the best? so PLEASE, join me in creating a recipe book for each of us for recipes for our pets.

Fun part is lets decorate those pages as either cat/dog so they don't get mixed up with any other recipe we have (lol) I will as prize gift create for each person a couple extra pages of the "helpful tips" given from both sources. We can if enough join have a wonderful "pet" recipe book. I discovered there's no more work to it than baking a cookie or cake!!!! not expensive to make our own and can be stored for several weeks!!! so twice a month and you could have plenty own hand for your pet. Think of the money you can save also!!!!! Pet food is not cheap in stores any more and we aren't even getting great quality.

~Size 6X6
~ Create 3+1 (the +1 for me the hostess)
~You may sign up for more than one spot just make each set a different recipe. Do your internet research and pick one recipe you like!
~ Embellish please ! Think Pet use pic's of your pet!!!!
~ Use quality card stock
~ Print your recipes on cardstock if possible

Due Date Feburary 25th

Mailing: Place each group in a plastic bag label bag with your real name and user name. Also include a self address stamp envelope with the amount of stamps it took you to mail perhaps one extra in case needed.

Once you sign up I'll add you to the list and I'll pm you my address for mailing. I will also contribute recipes. Usually I can can some time especially with due date off aways.

Who would like to join me in some wonderful Pet recipe book? First 5 get prize and those with 2 or more spots gets "special" surprize.

Doggie recipes

Kitty recipes

Who's interested? I'll keep it up a little while if no interst will cancel but please if you have a pet , think about it! You could have a healthy pet and save some money!

Last edited by lindac007; 12-20-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I was just thinking if you do use your own pets picture on the recipe card as part of the embellishment, on back of card tell us something about your pet. maybe a name and age and something they enjoy doing? this could be very cute and sweet as well as healthy.

If you want share about them here in thread and post a picture! My (buddy) cocker spaniel loved the camera I have so many funny pictures of him which I am thankful to have. He spent 13 years in our family. My cat is piper, shes camera shy! but I've got some great pictures anyway.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

looks like I'll cancel this one for no interest. I completely understand with so much to do adding making pet food to an already busy schedule is hard.
Closed Thread