Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Queen For the Day Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/)
-   -   QFTD79.... Our new Queen is... lazylizard (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/qftd79-our-new-queen-lazylizard-t538473.html)

TrishG 09-22-2011 07:11 PM

QFTD79.... Our new Queen is... lazylizard

Have you ever seen a changing chameleon or a slow-moving sloth at the zoo? I'm curious as to what made Queen Liz choose her screen name. I hope lazylizard has enough get-up-and-go to receive her crown this week!

Some ideas on how you might encourage and honour our fabulous Queen this week: Send her a Private Message, comment on the lovely cards in her gallery, post a message for her here on this thread, pick a card from her gallery to be inspired by and create a card for her. There are really “no rules”. You can play along with this challenge anytime. There is no deadline. Even if you don't know this week's Queen, come play along anyway. It's a great way to "get to know" each other!

Take a stroll through Liz' wonderful gallery and admire her creativity.

--{ QFTD79 gallery }--

EVERYONE is welcome to join in this challenge and give Liz the Royal Treatment she deserves!

You can check out THIS THREAD if you need more information. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

TrishG 09-22-2011 07:13 PM

I'm sorry, Liz, I only had time to make one card so far. I have another one favorited that I want to do yet, but I ran out of time. I'll do it in the next couple days.

My first card for Liz...
Sahara leaves for lazylizard by TrishG

lazylizard 09-22-2011 07:50 PM

Wow, after being a week without my computer, I finally got a new one, and seeing this announcement was a total surprise to me. You have given me the highlight of my week, Trish, thanks so much. Thanks for all you do in keeping this such a wonderful challenge that supports our stamping community here on SCS.

allee's 09-22-2011 07:59 PM

Congratulations, Liz! I'm so thrilled to see you wearing the queen's crown this week!! You have supported this community by sharing your wonderful designs and your encouraging comments for many years!!

You introduced me to SCS and the rest is history, sister!

It will be fun to case a card in your honor!!

Clownmom 09-22-2011 08:02 PM

Yeah, Liz! I'll be back in the morning to make a card in your honor -- maybe in our favorite color ORANGE!!!

lazylizard 09-22-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom (Post 18752813)
Yeah, Liz! I'll be back in the morning to make a card in your honor -- maybe in our favorite color ORANGE!!!

I can't wait!!!

Holstein 09-22-2011 08:23 PM

Dear Liz, Congratulation on being Queen. Very well deserved. I'm not sure how you chose your username, but anyone with that many beautiful cards in her gallery is not lazy.:) My choice will be an easy one. It's a card I've wanted to case for awhile now. I'll have it done tomorrow. Again ...Enjoy your reign Queen Liz.

hskelly 09-22-2011 08:33 PM

Yay Liz - it's definitely about time!!! I'll be going through your gallery tonight and will make a card tomorrow!

lazylizard 09-22-2011 08:47 PM

I guess i better explain my lazy lizard. When I taught kindergarten, A great teaching buddy and I would call ourselves the lounge lizards for spending too much time in the teachers' lounge instead of getting work done in our room. When I am busy doing things I love, like stamping and creating and NOT doing those things I don't like (housework, cooking, etc.) I would think I was being lazy for abandoning those chores of life. Being a Liz, I been nicknamed lizard alot, so I just combined them. Being semi retired, I spend a lot of time being lazy and enjoying those little things in life I love.

TexasGrammy 09-22-2011 09:08 PM

Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet choice for QFTD!!

I long to meet our Liz IRL ... we're both in Texas for goodness sakes! :lol:
But I'll just have to console myself with honoring one of her delightful creations this week ... and keep hoping that the IRL {{{{hugs}}}}come at some point ahead!

Congrats, Ms. Liz!

pam124 09-23-2011 04:32 AM

CONGRATS Liz - I'm so glad you explained your name as I always wondered what it mean. ENJOY your week and I will try to play.

hobbydujour 09-23-2011 04:33 AM

Great choice, Trisdh. Liz is one of the nicest stampers around. Always one to leave kind and thoughtful comments on our cards. I had NO idea her gallery was that HUGE!! Really embodies many, many beautiful cards.

Congratulations, Liz. A most deserved honor! Hugs, Sallie

TIGER EYES

Clownmom 09-23-2011 04:37 AM

I was so happy to CASE one of Queen Liz's cards.

Liz's Second Spring

vdutchr 09-23-2011 05:08 AM

Congrats Liz!! WTG~

jdmommy 09-23-2011 05:09 AM

Congratulations my dear friend, Liz!!! Here is the card I made in your honor: Blue Flowers and Leaves

Benzi 09-23-2011 05:52 AM

A huge congratulations to Liz! Large gallery of super cards to choose from.

Honoring Liz aka lazylizard by Benzi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shadow's Mom 09-23-2011 06:52 AM

Thanks so much, Trish! Whoo Hooo, Liz! Congrats to you!

Here's my Gingerbread & Sugared Things.

allee's 09-23-2011 07:21 AM

Here is my card to honor my one-of-a-kind sister and this week's Queen for the Day!

You Are One of a Kind!

TrishG 09-23-2011 07:22 AM

My second card for Queen Liz (even photographed in Queen Liz style!)

Green Lily for lazylizard by TrishG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Enjoy your week Liz!

bfinlay 09-23-2011 07:30 AM

Such a great choice, Trish! Here's my Verse for Liz

eured99 09-23-2011 09:14 AM

Congratulations Liz! I feel like you are a dear friend, since we have shared so many comments between us.....I must choose a card in your honor right away!

hskelly 09-23-2011 10:06 AM

Here is my Celebrate Liz card.

101Airborne 09-23-2011 11:37 AM

Congratulations, Liz, such a well deserved honor (way to go Trish)! Liz, you have the laragest gallery I've seen on SCS - wow! Here is my card.

eured99 09-23-2011 12:08 PM

Here is my card for Queen Liz! QFTD79, SUM, Batty for you Liz! by eured99 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I had a blast making it....congratulations to you, you really deserve this! Enjoy your week!

BarbieP 09-23-2011 01:30 PM

Liz, my you have so many beautiful cards to choose from. I thought I would go way back in the past and bring back an oldie but a goodie :) Congratulations, and here is my card in your honor:

Autumn Leaves by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

artystamper 09-23-2011 06:56 PM

Congrats to you Liz! it's fun to know how you chose your name! you're always such a great commenter in the galleries - here's my card casing your 'on the fence' card

QFTD79 Spook-tacular Halloween by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hskelly 09-23-2011 09:47 PM

Here is another card for Liz - Cute as a Button.

snowmanqueen 09-24-2011 05:44 AM

Congratulations, so happy to honor you. Here is my card:
QFTD79, IC303 Fall Leaves by snowmanqueen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

momof5sons 09-24-2011 08:28 AM

Wowzers, what a gallery that you have, Liz! Wonderful choice for Queen, Trish...here is my Seeds of Thanks card.

MelodyGal 09-24-2011 12:59 PM

Finally. A card for the queen. QFTD79, Speedy Inspires a Butterfly by MelodyGal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BobbiesGirl 09-24-2011 05:21 PM

Congratulations to Queen Liz. Enjoy your reign. Here's my card to honor you.

pam124 09-25-2011 06:47 AM

Liz, love your gallery and congrats. Here's my card:

QFTD79Congrats Liz, Elegant Evening by pam124 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reddyisco 09-25-2011 09:57 AM

Liz.....congratulations!! Here's the card I made in your honour.

Marleygo 09-25-2011 03:02 PM

Liz, Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Here is the card that I chose to case: TLC340 and CAS133 by lazylizard - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And, here is my card: QFTD79, CELEBRATE BABY by Marleygo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I hope you like it!

etsdas 09-25-2011 05:54 PM

I am pretty late, but I finally have my card completed. I have a few more I hope to have a chance to case later.

QFTD79 - for lazylizard by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Marzipan 09-25-2011 07:42 PM

Congratulations Liz:D! I can't believe the sheer amount of cards you have posted!
I chose this card: Closeup of FLLCJAN card by lazylizard - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Mine: QFTD79 by Marzipan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The only thing similar to yours is the color choice. I meant to keep pretty close to yours, but once I put the flower pot against the card, it just looked so huge. So I decided to make it a plain flower pot pocket card.

carol_PA925 09-26-2011 03:35 AM

Congratulations to you Liz for wearing the QFTD crown this week! You're so worthy of this honor!
I was completely taken with this card in your gallery and made my version here.
Have a great week and enjoy your reign!

yo sam 09-26-2011 08:23 AM

Congratulation, Liz!!! Here's mine made in your honor QFTD79 Congrats to Liz by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hotwheels 09-26-2011 01:32 PM

heres my cards rose by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and
bible verse by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers thanks hotwheels

bigfootbecky 09-28-2011 03:35 PM

Congrats, Liz! I've been away from the QFTD challenges for many weeks, so I'm glad to be part of your crowning. Here the card I made in your honour:

Harvest Apples